• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

P6X330 #41 Posted 26 November 2018 - 02:58 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15298 battles
  • [AMXS]

View Poststeelheadclan, on 26 November 2018 - 08:51 AM, said:

Why would you play a tier ten with a new crew?

Especialy something like the bat chat?

I do not have any trained crew to put in it. Unless I rob the Bat-Chat AP. I am using all my crews along the grind. I have kept all the tanks that I played to get there. So I need to start from somewhere.

But I will train the crew with the two minimum skills in my AMX Chaffee.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

pingwrx #42 Posted 26 November 2018 - 10:21 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23084 battles
  • [REDIT]

View PostP6X330, on 26 November 2018 - 05:55 AM, said:

What is really obvious, is the scarce ammunition. It makes me think you really have to consider each shot before taking it, because that can make the difference towards the end of the battle.

I am also thinking that it is possibly the one auto-loader you should not reload before you shoot your full clip. The reload being the same between a full or a one shot magazine.

I have not yet taken mine out, I am watching what other players do with theirs.

My crew has no skill/perk, I am thinking I need to at least get Sixth Sense before I start MP battles.

I would not roll out in that tank unless you have a minimum of 5-6 skills and perks putting it against tier Xs with a subpar crew is just asking to get wrecked and quickly.

P6X330 #43 Posted 26 November 2018 - 11:01 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15298 battles
  • [AMXS]

View Postpingwrx, on 26 November 2018 - 04:21 PM, said:

I would not roll out in that tank unless you have a minimum of 5-6 skills and perks putting it against tier Xs with a subpar crew is just asking to get wrecked and quickly.

I get a lot of that anyway... whether I have a trained crew or not. lol....

I will use the unlocked War Stories to build up. It's ok to wait, in any case, playing the B/C 25t is not on my priority list at the moment, getting the AMX 50B is.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

ECT unCOUNTed #44 Posted 29 November 2018 - 09:12 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27911 battles
For those that played this tank before and after the update (reload nerf) is it still worth it? I finally unlocked it and sold the Lorraine 40t which i can't say i enjoyed much, wasnt bad either just couldnt make it sing very well.

TheKitsuneFox #45 Posted 29 November 2018 - 09:25 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26322 battles
  • [W0TFR]

View PostECT unCOUNTed, on 29 November 2018 - 09:12 AM, said:

For those that played this tank before and after the update (reload nerf) is it still worth it? I finally unlocked it and sold the Lorraine 40t which i can't say i enjoyed much, wasnt bad either just couldnt make it sing very well.

You just need to stay away from the frontline a bit longer

steelheadclan #46 Posted 29 November 2018 - 03:54 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14893 battles
  • [REAL]

View PostECT unCOUNTed, on 29 November 2018 - 01:12 AM, said:

bat chat is still good. 

ECT unCOUNTed #47 Posted 29 November 2018 - 06:46 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27911 battles
Thanks guys i'll pick it up, at this price and fully equipped it's still under 6mil. I'll start with vents/Stabs/optics and a 7-8 skill crew to assign, and that will be my last tier X for now, good thing we got plenty of silver with those Ops, the T34 etc. managed to get 3 tier Xs and still left with 4-5mil

steelheadclan #48 Posted 29 November 2018 - 08:09 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14893 battles
  • [REAL]

View PostECT unCOUNTed, on 29 November 2018 - 10:46 AM, said:

Thanks guys i'll pick it up, at this price and fully equipped it's still under 6mil. I'll start with vents/Stabs/optics and a 7-8 skill crew to assign, and that will be my last tier X for now, good thing we got plenty of silver with those Ops, the T34 etc. managed to get 3 tier Xs and still left with 4-5mil

nice thing about bat chat is it’s a bit of an earner. 

Even with food I almost always make silver. 

Orbtastic1 #49 Posted 02 December 2018 - 10:21 AM

Major

• Players
  • 40696 battles
  • [UK]

View PostFunktastic Ed, on 22 November 2018 - 09:34 PM, said:

HEAT are immune to distance pen decrease.

I know, I meant tracks/spaced armour etc.

mi amigo 9 #50 Posted 02 December 2018 - 03:51 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18167 battles

View Poststeelheadclan, on 29 November 2018 - 08:09 PM, said:

nice thing about bat chat is it’s a bit of an earner. 

Even with food I almost always make silver. 

Without a premium acct it's not much an earner in fact pay to play if I load up on prammo and consumables.  I don't care it's such a great tank and I only play a couple of tier 10's with a standard acct anyway.

Despite what people say it's a hard tank to play well.  It requires a lot of self control or you get yourself trapped and shredded.  For a tier 10 there is effectively no armor so if more than 1 tank get's a bead on you it's over.  The ridiculous long reload has made it more so.

The fear it invokes at the end of game is hilarious.  I've had tanks just obviously outright quit when I roll up and they are isolated.

I disagree with the binocs and camo net.  They are very useful in the beginning of the game.  Not really at the end but you don't need much help in that part of the game.

electronaut1976 #51 Posted 02 December 2018 - 04:48 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16594 battles
I prefer optics vstabs and gld over vents due to the crap gun handling. 

mi amigo 9 #52 Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:09 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18167 battles

View Postelectronaut1976, on 02 December 2018 - 04:48 PM, said:

I prefer optics vstabs and gld over vents due to the crap gun handling. 

right or wrong I'm either shooting from far away so camo is better for me than worrying about aim time as I'm not really moving enough to cause a reticle bloom.  OR i'm right up close dumping a full clip, circling, autoaim and then none of those really matter.  optics over binocs would seem potentially better but again when i'm on the move it's not making that much a difference in spotting and when sitting binocs/camo are a huge advantage.    

So yeah my equipment is all oriented toward the scenario for the beginning of a match but I'm okay with that.  For me the damage on batchat is either going to be for sniping/spotting assist now that the parade of lights has died down OR for mop up work at the end.  It's rare you can battle mano y mano in the beginning or middle of a match.  It's devastating against isolated tanks which is probably why it generates so much hate.:D

P6X330 #53 Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:39 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15298 battles
  • [AMXS]

View Postmi amigo 9, on 06 December 2018 - 09:09 AM, said:

right or wrong I'm either shooting from far away so camo is better for me than worrying about aim time as I'm not really moving enough to cause a reticle bloom.  OR i'm right up close dumping a full clip, circling, autoaim and then none of those really matter.  optics over binocs would seem potentially better but again when i'm on the move it's not making that much a difference in spotting and when sitting binocs/camo are a huge advantage.    

So yeah my equipment is all oriented toward the scenario for the beginning of a match but I'm okay with that.  For me the damage on batchat is either going to be for sniping/spotting assist now that the parade of lights has died down OR for mop up work at the end.  It's rare you can battle mano y mano in the beginning or middle of a match.  It's devastating against isolated tanks which is probably why it generates so much hate.:D

When I am going to take mine out, I will play it that way first. Today I have trained its crew to 100%; I need BiA and SS before I go live.

panthermark #54 Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:50 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11893 battles

I want this tank.  I may actually start grinding the French line just for this tank. 

I have a feeling that the play style of this tank will suit me better than the Cent AX I run (too big and too slow for how I want to use it).  

3 MOE's: VK 30.01D (VI), T-34 (V), M-24 Chaffee (V)

2 MOE's: Indien-Panzer (VIII), T-20 (VII), Cromwell B (VI), Snakebite (VI), T-37 (VI), M4 Sherman w/Derp (V), VK 16.02 Leopard (V)

donny007-THX #55 Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:20 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21436 battles

Just had my first run in the thing.  Been a long time to get this tank, but here is what I have:

Skills / Perks  BIA, Sixth S, Snap Shot, Silent Running, Camo.  Training Situ. Awareness now.

Equipment      Optics, vents and Vstab

Consumable    Small repair, small first aid, manual fire ex

Map was Murdervanka, south start encounter.  I rolled out up front and spotted 8 reds, was quickly one shot ammo racked.  Made immediate repair while hustling through buildings for cover.  Made a long loop back and attached a 4 tank pod of heavies on the far West side.  Got off 8 shots, 7 hits and 6 pens with standard ammo for 2,200 damage dealt.  Killed 2 of the Chimps.  Took no further damage.  Unfortunately greens caped out for the victory really early so that is all I could do on this maiden run.

Initial impressions are:

Wow, that standard ammo is really nice with that 1,450 mps velocity.  Really nice!

Have to train clutch braking and offroad driving to help with the mobility

Get Safe Stowage to help with ammo rack.....I understand this is a weakness.

Try running Strong Coffee and Cigarettes to see if that helps much (reload time.....mobility?)

Probably dial down the initial aggression at start of battle and provide a little spotting without the YOLO.  Be patient for that mid game scattering of reds and the hunt is on.  

EDIT:  So far it appears this tank can act like a heavy scout.  Getting good spotting damage.....could be just early luck tho.....

Edited by donny007-THX, 08 January 2019 - 10:11 PM.

When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, you said, the man with a pistol's a dead man. Let's see if that's true. Go ahead, load up and shoot.

TheKitsuneFox #56 Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:03 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26322 battles
  • [W0TFR]
@donny007-THX it was long considered to be the only tier X Light tank, before the actual Lights got into the game so spotting assists is (very) important too

donny007-THX #57 Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21436 battles

View PostTheKitsuneFox, on 08 January 2019 - 03:03 PM, said:

@donny007-THX it was long considered to be the only tier X Light tank, before the actual Lights got into the game so spotting assists is (very) important too

Thanks for the background.  I have not been around long enough to have first hand knowledge of these things, so appreciate the information.  I think with the two vision skills on the crew, which I am working on, perhaps it can perform well in spotting for me.  The tank is already pretty fearsome offensively and taking up a spotting role can be a lot of fun if the true lights are gone or off on the other side of the map.
When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, you said, the man with a pistol's a dead man. Let's see if that's true. Go ahead, load up and shoot.

panthermark #58 Posted 22 January 2019 - 07:05 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11893 battles

After nearly 2 years of not being touched (because I was a noob that had no clue as to what to do with the tank), I finally broke out the ELC that has been sitting around collect dust with a no skill crew.   I had forgotten that we had a free 1 skill French crew from War Stories...so I put that crew in the ELC and I'm starting to build up that crew (Up to two skills now).

The long term goal.....that Bat-Chat. 

A scout turned medium is basically my calling card in terms of style of play. 

I don't care about the thin armor because I'm used to dodging shots as opposed to blocking/bouncing shots....and I'm used to get penned by anything that hits me anyway.   Plus, at the level, only the heaviest of heavies can bounce shots. My CAX gets penned all the time.....

3 MOE's: VK 30.01D (VI), T-34 (V), M-24 Chaffee (V)

2 MOE's: Indien-Panzer (VIII), T-20 (VII), Cromwell B (VI), Snakebite (VI), T-37 (VI), M4 Sherman w/Derp (V), VK 16.02 Leopard (V)

P6X330 #59 Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:10 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15298 battles
  • [AMXS]

View Postpanthermark, on 22 January 2019 - 01:05 PM, said:

After nearly 2 years of not being touched (because I was a noob that had no clue as to what to do with the tank), I finally broke out the ELC that has been sitting around collect dust with a no skill crew.   I had forgotten that we had a free 1 skill French crew from War Stories...so I put that crew in the ELC and I'm starting to build up that crew (Up to two skills now).

The long term goal.....that Bat-Chat. 

A scout turned medium is basically my calling card in terms of style of play. 

I don't care about the thin armor because I'm used to dodging shots as opposed to blocking/bouncing shots....and I'm used to get penned by anything that hits me anyway.   Plus, at the level, only the heaviest of heavies can bounce shots. My CAX gets penned all the time.....

The ELC bis will be the gateway to the wheeled armored car, as per Mashman90....

So you may want to put some XP on it anyway...

eclairdelanuit06 #60 Posted 07 March 2019 - 08:52 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26441 battles

Optics Vstab and vents

Crew not at 100% with camo, muffled shot and silent driving...

Youtube

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users