The 360 HD Tank Model Problem

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

GingerSquatch93 #1 Posted 08 September 2018 - 04:05 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4419 battles
  • [VKNG]

Ok, I know some people might chime in on this with something to the effect of "Just buy an xBox One", well unless you're buying it for me, it's not gonna happen right now. Now that that's out of the way.

Since the last update I've noticed two things that appear to have changed detrimentally for the 360 users, I'm not sure if this is everyone or if for some reason this is only affecting me. The first is that any tank that received an "HD Model" in this update is now pixelated into ugliness by said update. Surfaces are not smooth, wiggly bits are lower res than they were before and most evidently, the bore of the gun at the muzzle or the end of the muzzle brake is no longer round, but pentagonal. This is seen both in external view and in gunsight view and it is truly ugly as sin.

The second change affects camouflage on all tanks, regardless of nation or tank type (mostly). It seems that something was changed in these models, I'm not sure what but something was. After the update, without fail, camouflages applied to tanks appear bi- or tri-layered, that is, you choose a camouflage and in the pre-purchase view, it is very apparent that several layers overrun others. On turrets it is the most evident, you can see the extended pattern from the hull extending over the camo on the turret as it goes in a different direction than the turret camouflage (ie: the hull camo is horizontal and you can see the horizontal pattern extending underneath the vertically aligned pattern on the turret).

Please, for the love of god fix these bugs, I know there's not a lot of support out there for the 360 anymore but there are still a fair number of players that Wargaming has on that console and while these are by no means game-breaking, they do make it ugly to look at.

Commander, 16th Armored Battalion "Viking" - Ask me about joining!

Lejonet från Norden​ - The Lion from the North

​MoE: // **: T-34-85 // *: T-44-100, Primo Victoria, Strv M-42/57, Emil II, VK 30.01D, AMX 13 57, Indien-Pz.

​Technical Engineer: Sweden, Czechoslovakia (Working towards China and Britain)

MaxChaos24 #2 Posted 14 September 2018 - 06:14 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 11865 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostGingerSquatch93, on 08 September 2018 - 12:05 AM, said:

Ok, I know some people might chime in on this with something to the effect of "Just buy an xBox One", well unless you're buying it for me, it's not gonna happen right now. Now that that's out of the way.

Since the last update I've noticed two things that appear to have changed detrimentally for the 360 users, I'm not sure if this is everyone or if for some reason this is only affecting me. The first is that any tank that received an "HD Model" in this update is now pixelated into ugliness by said update. Surfaces are not smooth, wiggly bits are lower res than they were before and most evidently, the bore of the gun at the muzzle or the end of the muzzle brake is no longer round, but pentagonal. This is seen both in external view and in gunsight view and it is truly ugly as sin.

The second change affects camouflage on all tanks, regardless of nation or tank type (mostly). It seems that something was changed in these models, I'm not sure what but something was. After the update, without fail, camouflages applied to tanks appear bi- or tri-layered, that is, you choose a camouflage and in the pre-purchase view, it is very apparent that several layers overrun others. On turrets it is the most evident, you can see the extended pattern from the hull extending over the camo on the turret as it goes in a different direction than the turret camouflage (ie: the hull camo is horizontal and you can see the horizontal pattern extending underneath the vertically aligned pattern on the turret).

Please, for the love of god fix these bugs, I know there's not a lot of support out there for the 360 anymore but there are still a fair number of players that Wargaming has on that console and while these are by no means game-breaking, they do make it ugly to look at.

Hello, do you happen to have some specific tank names you could provide for us to take a look at?

GingerSquatch93 #3 Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:38 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4419 battles
  • [VKNG]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 14 September 2018 - 01:14 PM, said:

Hello, do you happen to have some specific tank names you could provide for us to take a look at?

Going off the ones in my garage that are affected by suddenly poor modeling, the Chinese IS-2, the Object 140, T-54, VK 30.01D, Challenger, Churchill I, M12 and the M4A3E8 Sherman. And going off the wider list, I looked at every tank that received an "HD Model" in the last update, it seems to affect all of them.

As for the camo bug, that affects anything. Just off a quick glance, everything that has camo on it currently seems to have two layers of camo in some spots.

Edited by GingerSquatch93, 15 September 2018 - 01:47 AM.

​MoE: // **: T-34-85 // *: T-44-100, Primo Victoria, Strv M-42/57, Emil II, VK 30.01D, AMX 13 57, Indien-Pz.

Sammael85 #4 Posted 15 September 2018 - 02:25 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19506 battles
  • [FAC]
I would add the MTLS "Blitzen", sure that thing can melt retines with it's bad quality model.

"Como se te ocurre pensar eso, ¿no ves que todos los "Pros" tiran premium ? Por algo sera, solo unos pocos están capacitados para hacerlo" - By Enjamio

Si eres español/hispano y te sientes aislado por WG, no estás solo: Hay un Batallón Exiliado dispuesto a ayudarte

Frags, autism, shenanigans and utter lag HERE

GingerSquatch93 #5 Posted 15 September 2018 - 02:47 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4419 battles
  • [VKNG]

View PostSammael85, on 14 September 2018 - 09:25 PM, said:

I would add the MTLS "Blitzen", sure that thing can melt retines with it's bad quality model.

I would have added that one if I had it in my garage, but I got rid of that monstrosity a long time ago...basically when the Christmas lights came off

Sammael85 #6 Posted 15 September 2018 - 02:57 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19506 battles
  • [FAC]

View PostGingerSquatch93, on 15 September 2018 - 03:47 AM, said:

I would have added that one if I had it in my garage, but I got rid of that monstrosity a long time ago...basically when the Christmas lights came off

That would be a good time to get rid of mine as well, as it seems to get nerfed when that happened (you know, those un-announced nerfs that everybody sees and notices but WG says that didn't happened)...

I'll boot up my 360 and take a look over my collection to see if there are more blatant "HD" models along with the ones you've noted ;)

"Como se te ocurre pensar eso, ¿no ves que todos los "Pros" tiran premium ? Por algo sera, solo unos pocos están capacitados para hacerlo" - By Enjamio

Si eres español/hispano y te sientes aislado por WG, no estás solo: Hay un Batallón Exiliado dispuesto a ayudarte

GingerSquatch93 #7 Posted 15 September 2018 - 05:13 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4419 battles
  • [VKNG]

View PostSammael85, on 14 September 2018 - 09:57 PM, said:

That would be a good time to get rid of mine as well, as it seems to get nerfed when that happened (you know, those un-announced nerfs that everybody sees and notices but WG says that didn't happened)...

I'll boot up my 360 and take a look over my collection to see if there are more blatant "HD" models along with the ones you've noted ;)

I haven't checked the full list but it seems that literally anything that got an HD model in 4.6 has that problem. The camo problem is universal.

Don R1CO NoVa #8 Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:50 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18501 battles
  • [FRONT]

View PostGingerSquatch93, on 08 September 2018 - 04:05 AM, said:

Ok, I know some people might chime in on this with something to the effect of "Just buy an xBox One"    .....

No

"Just buy an xBox One X "  :P

SkillfulTurtl3 #9 Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:02 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26055 battles

View PostKilroyWasHere17, on 14 September 2018 - 11:00 PM, said:

Well you can get an xbox one used under warranty for 220$ which im sure isn't the best deal out there. They have been out since Nov of 2013. If you saved $3.79 a month you could have had one by now. If only you had the foresight.

For some of us it is not the money.... it is not great for the environment to "upgrade" every time you can when the old kit is doing the job. Same can be applied to phones, cars, TVs etc etc etc

GingerSquatch93 #10 Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:16 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4419 battles
  • [VKNG]
Should probably add to this that the Browning M2 that was added to the Easy 8 Sherman appears as white or silver to the 360 console's users. It also appears to receive the camo from the tank as well, which is odd. It is the only M2 wiggly bit that has this issue.

fozfactor #11 Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:58 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 47094 battles

WG wherez muh Fury's fitty cal roof bulletz? 

Just checked and my 4202's camo on all patterns look ok. Unfortunately the wiggly Brodie helmet got tossed. Dunno if the mle.49 got model update but it looks ok too (the only two tanks I run with camo options).

PS. Treating myself to a Trinity II later this month for my birthday and a One for Xmas so anyone that's being held back by me should have all their issues resolved ie. lag/maps and 4202 moe's. :teethhappy:

On l'a bien allumé!

- Marianne Durieux, Commander Guillaume Tell, Mle.49

GingerSquatch93 #12 Posted 17 September 2018 - 12:56 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4419 battles
  • [VKNG]

View PostThree 60 Mafia, on 16 September 2018 - 09:54 AM, said:

Nobody asked you, third world peasant. People like this guy is the reason we are still stuck with 360 garbage support. Not to mention OP is a pretty garbage player himself, so no big loss. 

Ooh, stats shaming, good job on that one. Take all your premiums and any tank you free XP'd to with them and tell me what you're left with. I can probably count that number on one hand, maybe two. But like I said originally, if you're gonna pay for a One X, go ahead, I'll give you my mailing address.

View Postfozfactor, on 16 September 2018 - 07:58 AM, said:

WG wherez muh Fury's fitty cal roof bulletz? 

Just checked and my 4202's camo on all patterns look ok. Unfortunately the wiggly Brodie helmet got tossed. Dunno if the mle.49 got model update but it looks ok too (the only two tanks I run with camo options).

PS. Treating myself to a Trinity II later this month for my birthday and a One for Xmas so anyone that's being held back by me should have all their issues resolved ie. lag/maps and 4202 moe's. :teethhappy:

No, I meant the regular E8 Sherman, the Fury's is fine, the TT E8's Browning is wonky though.

View PostSammael85, on 16 September 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

...'Dis is gonna be gud. :popcorn:

Some pay-to-winners just can't be pleased, ya know?

fozfactor #13 Posted 17 September 2018 - 01:32 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 47094 battles

View PostThree 60 Mafia, on 16 September 2018 - 09:54 AM, said:

Nobody asked you, third world peasant. People like this guy is the reason we are still stuck with 360 garbage support. Not to mention OP is a pretty garbage player himself, so no big loss. 

Microsoft is the reason we are still stuck with 360 garbage support, and players like me. 

On l'a bien allumé!

- Marianne Durieux, Commander Guillaume Tell, Mle.49

Sammael85 #14 Posted 17 September 2018 - 03:31 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19506 battles
  • [FAC]

View PostGingerSquatch93, on 17 September 2018 - 01:56 AM, said:

Ooh, stats shaming, good job on that one. Take all your premiums and any tank you free XP'd to with them and tell me what you're left with. I can probably count that number on one hand, maybe two. But like I said originally, if you're gonna pay for a One X, go ahead, I'll give you my mailing address.

LOL, that's a good answer for sure! :teethhappy:

Thanks pal, still they put themselves on evidence. As in my country we got a phrase that, roughly translated into english, can go by "Tell me about what you show off and I'll tell you about what you lack" ;)

MaxChaos24 #15 Posted 17 September 2018 - 12:16 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 11865 battles
  • [WGW]

This is a bug report section where players can post bugs, it's not a place to insult other users. Thanks. 

@GingerSquatch93, we'll take a look at the modeling to see if there is anything that can be done. For the Camo, that unfortunately is a 360 limitation that we can't do anything about. 

GingerSquatch93 #16 Posted Yesterday, 06:51 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4419 battles
  • [VKNG]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 17 September 2018 - 07:16 AM, said:

This is a bug report section where players can post bugs, it's not a place to insult other users. Thanks. 

@GingerSquatch93, we'll take a look at the modeling to see if there is anything that can be done. For the Camo, that unfortunately is a 360 limitation that we can't do anything about. 

Thanks Max, has your dev team given a reason why this camo bug is only happening now, after 4.6? I did start to notice there are some tanks affected while others are not. For specific example, I've noticed my Kranvagn doesn't appear to have the problem but my Leopard PT A does, the StuG III doesn't but the Nashorn does. I should also mention I noticed that the Kranvagn's barrel, while not affected by the modelling bug does have the muzzle brake and mantlet separated from the barrel by a few pixels, so that I am able to see the "internal" black-pixel part of the barrel the game uses to determine shell direction. If they aren't able to see this immediately, looking at the barrel from perpendicular does show it.

Also, the Strv 103B is also on the list for the modelling bug, its very slight but it is noticeable if you look at the end of the barrel, it's not round like the others.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users