Bullpup and I tested Targeted! Again! With video!

video targeted

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Rubbelito #1 Posted 08 September 2018 - 08:17 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 25412 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

Since our last test a few players had some additional questions that we didn't think of testing, and we also felt that it was better to do a video instead of just telling you guys about the result.

After all, this is the WoTC Forum and you can't just claim that you know something without being able to back it up, right? :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, we hope that we managed to cover the majority of your questions in this short video.

TL;DW:
1 New arty trajectory view does not trigger Targeted.

2. The outline of the enemy tank is accurately telling you if the enemy has Targeted lit. The name tag does not always do that accurately.

3. Leading the target: if you can see the outline, the enemy has his Targeted lit up.

https://youtu.be/ANPeZFxwfvo

MASHMAN 90 #2 Posted 08 September 2018 - 08:25 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 37789 battles
Nice, Cheers :)

Sadriel Fett #3 Posted 08 September 2018 - 08:42 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 28386 battles
  • [DARMY]
Thanks for the vid.  Good to know about the new Arty sniper view.  I was just asking about that the other day.  I can understand it not going off while in Strategic View, but it's kind of B.S. that it doesn't trigger in that particular view.  It's no different than another tank aiming down at you in their sniper view.  Typical WG mechanics, I guess.  Again, thanks for the info.

~ "This game would be great, if it wasn't for our teammates." ~

~ There's no such thing as Arty Safe. You have to play Arty Aware. You have to play SmArty. ~

anonym_H8iHAPaj1kSx #4 Posted 08 September 2018 - 11:52 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Interesting about the FOV difference

Saerbhreathach #5 Posted 08 September 2018 - 11:57 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 22719 battles
Good stuff! :great:

t_wilson01 #6 Posted 08 September 2018 - 12:05 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20540 battles
Nice video. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

BULLPUPBAKERST1 #7 Posted 08 September 2018 - 01:54 PM

Major

• Players
  • 52663 battles
  • [BNKR]
Man, your testing partner sure is a good lookin fellow...:trollface:

100% Credit/Thanks to Violet Viper X for the fantastic Sig. 

The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.-Nietzsche-

Pontiac Pat #8 Posted 08 September 2018 - 02:56 PM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 26164 battles
  • [47R]
Good vid.  To follow that up, the outline seems to appear as soon as any part of the target tank enters the reticle (within the green outer circle), unless los is blocked by an object.  This explains why sniper view sets it off less easily, since the reticle arc is narrower in sniper view.  You can also see that sixth sense is very much still helpful.  Good stuff.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

VKSheridan #9 Posted 08 September 2018 - 03:49 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23314 battles

Great video.  I’ve tried to explain to others but most folks argue “Targeted” lights up any time their gun is pointed in red’s direction.

A tactic I use is to only put my reticle on a tank right before I shoot them and take it off their tank between reloads or when I don’t have a shot that can hit.  If you autolock a tank, the instant their outline lights, they back into cover or off the hill.  If you let them come out of cover or further over the hill and then put your reticle on them, they get “Targeted” lit and hit by my shell almost at the same time......

BrettSterlingH #10 Posted 08 September 2018 - 05:32 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 58908 battles
  • [OM]

View PostPontiac Pat, on 08 September 2018 - 02:56 PM, said:

Good vid.  To follow that up, the outline seems to appear as soon as any part of the target tank enters the reticle (within the green outer circle), unless los is blocked by an object.  This explains why sniper view sets it off less easily, since the reticle arc is narrower in sniper view.  You can also see that sixth sense is very much still helpful.  Good stuff.

Isn't it possible to highlight the tank in sniper view, just more difficult? and couldn't artillery always stop themselves from highlighting the enemy by simply keeping the reticle a few feet away from the enemy or firing right behind that enemy? I can see how sniper view makes this easier, but if you think about it, that's how artillery works in real life. You never know when artillery has your location zeroed in until they fire. In that sense, this makes the game more realistic, and makes sixth sense the necessity it always had been on PC.

Koncorde #11 Posted 08 September 2018 - 06:46 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 25376 battles

View PostVKSheridan, on 08 September 2018 - 03:49 PM, said:

Great video.  I’ve tried to explain to others but most folks argue “Targeted” lights up any time their gun is pointed in red’s direction.

A tactic I use is to only put my reticle on a tank right before I shoot them and take it off their tank between reloads or when I don’t have a shot that can hit.  If you autolock a tank, the instant their outline lights, they back into cover or off the hill.  If you let them come out of cover or further over the hill and then put your reticle on them, they get “Targeted” lit and hit by my shell almost at the same time......

When I have a slow reloading gun I sometimes point it at other enemies while I am reloading just to try and trigger their fear fear factor by making their warning lights go off.

It can be interesting to see a guy hit reverse 300m away because in the middle of a brawl I flashed my gun at his position even though he must know I can't hit him and shoot his teammate.

VKSheridan #12 Posted 08 September 2018 - 08:25 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23314 battles

View PostKoncorde, on 08 September 2018 - 12:46 PM, said:

When I have a slow reloading gun I sometimes point it at other enemies while I am reloading just to try and trigger their fear fear factor by making their warning lights go off.

It can be interesting to see a guy hit reverse 300m away because in the middle of a brawl I flashed my gun at his position even though he must know I can't hit him and shoot his teammate.

I do the same thing, how funny!  If I am not at an advantage to set the tone of the fight, I’ll “target” as many as I can while my gun reloads to keep them nervous.  If it’s just me and one target tough, I’ll let him fall into a soft sense of security and let him he think he can venture out further than he should and blast him.  I’ve been called a cheat numerous times for “breaking” their Targeted indicator.  I think someone accused me of using it as a crutch but hey, I get all kinds of coaching from people after I kill them......LOL

Pontiac Pat #13 Posted 08 September 2018 - 09:45 PM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 26164 battles
  • [47R]

View PostBrettSterlingH, on 08 September 2018 - 09:32 AM, said:

Isn't it possible to highlight the tank in sniper view, just more difficult? and couldn't artillery always stop themselves from highlighting the enemy by simply keeping the reticle a few feet away from the enemy or firing right behind that enemy? I can see how sniper view makes this easier, but if you think about it, that's how artillery works in real life. You never know when artillery has your location zeroed in until they fire. In that sense, this makes the game more realistic, and makes sixth sense the necessity it always had been on PC.

I'm pretty sure he mentioned in the video that the arty views don't activate the Targeted indicator.  Only shotgun view.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

Wroclaw #14 Posted 08 September 2018 - 10:46 PM

Major

• Players
  • 59371 battles

so its name tag dependent rather than tank outline.

the name tag always appears with the outline, but the outline doesnt always appear with the name tag.

BULLPUPBAKERST1 #15 Posted 09 September 2018 - 12:11 AM

Major

• Players
  • 52663 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostWroclaw, on 08 September 2018 - 05:46 PM, said:

so its name tag dependent rather than tank outline.

the name tag always appears with the outline, but the outline doesnt always appear with the name tag.

no, just the opposite...targeted appears with outline, targeted does not always appear with name tag

100% Credit/Thanks to Violet Viper X for the fantastic Sig. 

The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.-Nietzsche-

Wroclaw #16 Posted 09 September 2018 - 01:19 AM

Major

• Players
  • 59371 battles

View PostBULLPUPBAKERST1, on 09 September 2018 - 12:11 AM, said:

no, just the opposite...targeted appears with outline, targeted does not always appear with name tag

well in the video posted up above he was getting Targeted to trigger just by getting your name tag to appear - & your outline wasnt highlighted. so ? im confused ?

Rubbelito #17 Posted 09 September 2018 - 05:27 AM

Major

• 25412 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostWroclaw, on 09 September 2018 - 03:19 AM, said:

well in the video posted up above he was getting Targeted to trigger just by getting your name tag to appear - & your outline wasnt highlighted. so ? im confused ?

Sounds like your watching the wrong target indicator?

It's about the Targeted icon in the small screen up in the right corner.

We're testing when the enemy gets Targeted, not when you get it (you = the 1st person player in the video)

Wroclaw #18 Posted 09 September 2018 - 05:45 AM

Major

• Players
  • 59371 battles

View PostRubbelito, on 09 September 2018 - 05:27 AM, said:

Sounds like your watching the wrong target indicator?

no, not the SS icon - his targeted alert. at 1:30 you zoomed out to full view & his outline doesnt highlight - but his name get activated.

targeted activates.

& then again at 2:05 in zoomed out view you were leading his tank & triggering his name to highlight but his tank outline doesnt.

targeted activates.

nametag, not tank outline.

Edited by Wroclaw, 09 September 2018 - 05:46 AM.

Rubbelito #19 Posted 09 September 2018 - 05:52 AM

Major

• 25412 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostWroclaw, on 09 September 2018 - 07:45 AM, said:

no, not the SS icon - his targeted alert. at 1:30 you zoomed out to full view & his outline doesnt highlight - but his name get activated.

targeted activates.

& then again at 2:05 in zoomed out view you were leading his tank & triggering his name to highlight but his tank outline doesnt.

targeted activates.

nametag, not tank outline.

At the 1:30 his outline is there.

At the 2:05 as far as I can tell, the outline is there too.

But when there's no obstacle in the way, it can be difficult to see it.

Wroclaw #20 Posted 09 September 2018 - 06:04 AM

Major

• Players
  • 59371 battles

neither time does his outline highlight. appear in the first instance yes, but not highlight.

both times the gamertag activates.

Edited by Wroclaw, 09 September 2018 - 06:08 AM.

Also tagged with video, targeted

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users