Bullpup and I tested Targeted! Again! With video!

video targeted

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Rubbelito #21 Posted 09 September 2018 - 06:12 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 25336 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostWroclaw, on 09 September 2018 - 08:04 AM, said:

neither time does his outline highlight. appear in the first instance yes, but not highlight.

both times the gamertag activates.

Highlight?

If the outline is there, it's there. There's no highlighting of the outline. The outline only has an on state and an off state (well, it changes between red and white, but both triggers Targeted).

I don't honestly know what it is that you're seeing.

If there's a single frame where the two videos missed the sync, I can check that for you, but it would be easier if you could take a screenshot of the moment you think that are at fault.

Edited by Rubbelito, 09 September 2018 - 06:45 AM.

Wroclaw #22 Posted 09 September 2018 - 06:18 AM

Major

• Players
  • 59137 battles

first the outline appears, then it highlights to the red color (or green if hes on your team)

neither time does it highlight. 

& in the leading shot part it doesnt even appear. what im seeing from your video is that the nametag appearing is a more reliable indicator that you have triggered his Targeted.

Rubbelito #23 Posted 09 September 2018 - 06:44 AM

Major

• 25336 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostWroclaw, on 09 September 2018 - 08:18 AM, said:

first the outline appears, then it highlights to the red color (or green if hes on your team)

& in the leading shot part it doesnt even appear. what im seeing from your video is that the nametag appearing is a more reliable indicator that you have triggered his Targeted.

Alright, I might know what it is that got your attention.

And I'll revise my previous statement of that the outline only has one state. It actually has two, but that's not really relevant here though.

When the game thinks you have a shot (i.e. when you can right bump for an autolock) but you're not aimed directly at the target, the outline is white. Then, when you actually have the shot (i.e. when your aim is right on the tank) it gets the red outline.

Both the white and the red outline triggers Targeted. That's why I never made a difference between them in the video.

I suspect it's the white outline that you're missing, because it is rather difficult to see when at a distance and there's no obstacle in between to amplify it.

If not, I think you need to give me a screenshot so I can go through the video frame by frame and see if I can find what it is that you're seeing.

Pontiac Pat #24 Posted 09 September 2018 - 07:39 AM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 26115 battles
  • [47R]
I used this info to win a battle today.  1v1 at the end of the fight, other guy didn't see me thanks to bushes.  He would appear and then duck when I aimed, so I intentionally led him enough to keep him out of my reticle.  Then, when he figured the coast was clear and came a couple tank lengths out from cover I swung the reticle over, aimed while he frantically tried to get back into cover, and laid into him for the win.  Sweet.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

Rubbelito #25 Posted 09 September 2018 - 07:44 AM

Major

• 25336 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostPontiac Pat, on 09 September 2018 - 09:39 AM, said:

I used this info to win a battle today.  1v1 at the end of the fight, other guy didn't see me thanks to bushes.  He would appear and then duck when I aimed, so I intentionally led him enough to keep him out of my reticle.  Then, when he figured the coast was clear and came a couple tank lengths out from cover I swung the reticle over, aimed while he frantically tried to get back into cover, and laid into him for the win.  Sweet.

Awesome! :great:

So glad it came to real practical use! :)

STUART SHERMAN #26 Posted 09 September 2018 - 01:24 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 41705 battles
  • [FLT]
Thanks for putting this out for everyone to see. Great work guys!

"Stop it with all the negative waves..."    Oddball

BULLPUPBAKERST1 #27 Posted 09 September 2018 - 01:41 PM

Major

• Players
  • 52445 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostWroclaw, on 09 September 2018 - 01:18 AM, said:

then you aren’t paying attention to the nametag appearing when someone is completely behind cover without the outline showing...no “targeted” at that time

100% Credit/Thanks to Violet Viper X for the fantastic Sig. 

The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.-Nietzsche-

VKSheridan #28 Posted 09 September 2018 - 01:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23301 battles

View PostPontiac Pat, on 09 September 2018 - 01:39 AM, said:

And that my friend is how you use “Targeted” wisely.

CowboyArizona #29 Posted 09 September 2018 - 04:14 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 23093 battles
Well done vid.  You guys are the Mythbusters of WoT.

Rubbelito #30 Posted 09 September 2018 - 05:07 PM

Major

• 25336 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostCowboyArizona, on 09 September 2018 - 06:14 PM, said:

Well done vid.  You guys are the Mythbusters of WoT.

I don't know about that, but cheers! :teethhappy:

Now, where is Kari...

Rubbelito #31 Posted 11 September 2018 - 06:53 AM

Major

• 25336 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

@Wroclaw,

did you get it now or is there still confusion?

I'm asking to confirm so that I haven't missed anything...

TallDesert34426 #32 Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:55 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 63479 battles
  • [-UNL-]

So can anyone explain this?

About the part in the OP's video where !Targeted is caused by the outline, not the nametag.

In this clip, how am I !Targeted if the enemies can't see my outline since I am behind hard cover?

NOTE: This is in War Stories, so I guess that could be the reason, if War Stories is different for some reason.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/talldesert34426/video/60187904

EDIT: Those 2 enemies are the last ones left, so there are no others to take into account.

Edited by TallDesert34426, 13 September 2018 - 11:09 AM.

I never used food until after 60K battles, about 100 tanks 3-marked, and over 200 tanks with Ace Mastery Badges. Also, I start a new crew from scratch with every vehicle.

Rubbelito #33 Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:07 AM

Major

• 25336 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostTallDesert34426, on 12 September 2018 - 08:55 AM, said:

So can anyone explain this?

About the part in the OP's video where !Targeted is caused by the outline, not the nametag.

In this clip, how am I !Targeted if the enemies can't see my outline since I am behind hard cover?

NOTE: This is in War Stories, so I guess that could be the reason, if War Stories is different for some reason.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/talldesert34426/video/60187904

It's a good question.

Firstly, we haven't tested it  in WS (tbh, I don't really care about WS) but it could be different obviously.

Secondly, you can't see how many enemies there are, and you can also therefore not be sure if any other enemy is looking at you that you don't see, right?

How do we know for sure that the 2 enemies we see are the only ones there?

TallDesert34426 #34 Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:07 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 63479 battles
  • [-UNL-]

View PostRubbelito, on 11 September 2018 - 11:07 PM, said:

It's a good question.

Firstly, we haven't tested it  in WS (tbh, I don't really care about WS) but it could be different obviously.

Secondly, you can't see how many enemies there are, and you can also therefore not be sure if any other enemy is looking at you that you don't see, right?

How do we know for sure that the 2 enemies we see are the only ones there?

Sorry, I should have said that those were guaranteed the only 2 enemies, as they were the last 2 left before completing the mission. So I was definitely in hard cover from every enemy, but still had !Targeted

I never used food until after 60K battles, about 100 tanks 3-marked, and over 200 tanks with Ace Mastery Badges. Also, I start a new crew from scratch with every vehicle.

Rubbelito #35 Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:54 AM

Major

• 25336 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostTallDesert34426, on 13 September 2018 - 01:07 PM, said:

Sorry, I should have said that those were guaranteed the only 2 enemies, as they were the last 2 left before completing the mission. So I was definitely in hard cover from every enemy, but still had !Targeted

If those actually were the only remaining, then I don't have an answer to that.

So let's hope WS works slightly different (which isn't much logic though), otherwise we're more or less back to square one.

JelliedPenny08 #36 Posted 13 September 2018 - 03:20 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16812 battles

Thanks.chaps, that's really useful!  +1

For the WS video it looks like the lead red drops.off of the players view just before his.Targetted goes off at the end of the vid. Could it just be that the tail red was spotting him (as he was clearly spotting.it) and then it turned off after a couple of seconds when he went into cover? 

I wonder if crew skills are the difference, running no skills in WS is probably different to you and Bullpup running your lights with camo skills that let you disappear faster. 

Rubbelito #37 Posted 13 September 2018 - 03:42 PM

Major

• 25336 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostJelliedPenny08, on 13 September 2018 - 05:20 PM, said:

Thanks.chaps, that's really useful!  +1

For the WS video it looks like the lead red drops.off of the players view just before his.Targetted goes off at the end of the vid. Could it just be that the tail red was spotting him (as he was clearly spotting.it) and then it turned off after a couple of seconds when he went into cover? 

I wonder if crew skills are the difference, running no skills in WS is probably different to you and Bullpup running your lights with camo skills that let you disappear faster. 

Cheers!

Well, the problem with your suggestion is that Targeted actually appears and disappears instantly, as you can see in our video.

Only 6th sense has a disappearing delay, not Targeted.

So crew skills should not have anything to do with it (and Targeted is also a built-in skill with every commander already from the start).

My only explanation to the WS video is that Targeted works slightly different in WS. At least that is what I hope...

TallDesert34426 #38 Posted 14 September 2018 - 09:13 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 63479 battles
  • [-UNL-]

View PostRubbelito, on 13 September 2018 - 07:42 AM, said:

My only explanation to the WS video is that Targeted works slightly different in WS. At least that is what I hope...

Yes, I believe it does work differently in War Stories, or it is just bugged, since I have been shot by an enemy before who kept focusing on me, all the while !Targeted never showed up.

Thanks for the info by the way. I always thought it was the nametag, now I don't bother trying to !Target someone unless I can see the outline. :great:

Rubbelito #39 Posted 15 September 2018 - 06:35 AM

Major

• 25336 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostTallDesert34426, on 14 September 2018 - 11:13 PM, said:

Yes, I believe it does work differently in War Stories, or it is just bugged, since I have been shot by an enemy before who kept focusing on me, all the while !Targeted never showed up.

Thanks for the info by the way. I always thought it was the nametag, now I don't bother trying to !Target someone unless I can see the outline. :great:

You're very welcome, and I'm glad to hear you (too) suspect WS is different, because, like I said, if it weren't we'd be in some trouble. lol

Also tagged with video, targeted

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users