• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

TemplarKnight75 #21 Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:45 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 15566 battles
  • [OJD]

View PostBrass Drag0n, on 10 September 2018 - 05:00 AM, said:

​Except the Merc line is supposed to be a tech tree line - They are not Premium tanks that give you an XP or Silver bonus. So they should not be harder to acquire than a TT tank.

Making you use certain tanks to "acquire" the specific parts is fine (though the Sharpshooter 100% fails that requirement) and making you earn the equivalent XP of grinding up to a tier 4, 8 or 10 is fine (though painful when WG include a cut off date). But including a stage that needs you to play a tank in a role it isn't meant to play AND get a medal (twice) that the tank is really hard pressed to win.

That is just stupid and unfair.

yes unfortunately this topic will probably fill with people who think because they can do it everyone else should have to suffer because somehow their "skillz" are relevant in a contract being poorly thought out. 

BDaddy Cheno #22 Posted 10 September 2018 - 06:25 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 20085 battles
  • [SPSR]

I was pretty frustrated with this one so far, also......I bought back my T-37 a couple of days ago, and I finally got the first of (hopefully) two more High Calibers in that tank JUST this morning........I have tried it so far with the Lycan & T71 CMCD with no successes until I got just the right conditions this morning, apparently........Caught a TOG out in the open while I was just at the edge of visual and PEG-PEG-PEG-(no pen) PEG (no pen), etc.........Keep at it, it CAN be done, just not instantly........

Edit 9/11/2018

Just got the second by switching to Europe server late at night (U.S. Central time, 5 A.M. Western Europe time.)  Chances of a 7vs7 match much better, making the 20% of red HP MUCH easier....

Edited by BDaddy Cheno, 12 September 2018 - 11:00 PM.

"I'm going to deal with this the only way us Bundys know how----with swift and blinding violence." -----Kelly Bundy

D4rk50ul-v2 #23 Posted 10 September 2018 - 06:30 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4300 battles
It seems these are made to make people who work and have life obligations to pay for the tank, while others can just grind the hell out of it for free. I can't see myself doing the entire contract these days even topping the boards every game, it's just too much.

TemplarKnight75 #24 Posted 10 September 2018 - 06:34 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 15566 battles
  • [OJD]

View PostD4rk50ul-v2, on 10 September 2018 - 01:30 PM, said:

It seems these are made to make people who work and have life obligations to pay for the tank, while others can just grind the hell out of it for free. I can't see myself doing the entire contract these days even topping the boards every game, it's just too much.

except you can't skip the stage that's actually an issue.

Perfect Dark 51 #25 Posted 10 September 2018 - 06:54 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 19074 battles
I was able to do it with the tier 6 lights. Its not the easiest thing to do. Its nice to have challenging ops but the time limit is what ruins these merc tank contracts. 

IronSnake123 #26 Posted 10 September 2018 - 08:11 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26527 battles
  • [NOOBZ]

I think they should lift time limits so people who work can finish the ops. Another thing that might work is each day you get a "merc" bonus so that if you can only play a few games a day you can progress. But if you really want to put the time in you can get the contract done sooner. 

Maybe another thing they could do is some random tokens that could drop allowing you to bypass a requirement from time to time. 

That way everyone could eventually complete the harder contracts. Sure it might take a long time but they can. 

Also I'd like to see people being able to carry one high level contract and one lower level contract. Those high level contracts take way way longer than the lower contracts. A tier 9 + 10 contract should take a month or two but that shouldn't stop you from working on other merc tanks as that longer one completes. Two contract slots would be nice. One tier 9+10 slot, and one lower slot. 

Just my two cents worth. I don't like seeing casual players in situations where they could never get it.

MASHMAN 90 #27 Posted 10 September 2018 - 08:20 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29471 battles

View PostIronSnake123, on 10 September 2018 - 08:11 PM, said:

Another thing that might work is each day you get a "merc" bonus so that if you can only play a few games a day you can progress. But if you really want to put the time in you can get the contract done sooner. 

Maybe another thing they could do is some random tokens that could drop allowing you to bypass a requirement from time to time. 

That way everyone could eventually complete the harder contracts. Sure it might take a long time but they can.

Nice idea, PC has it and i'd use it on final stages of a Tier 9-10 Contract.

Spoiler

DeathVader1979 #28 Posted 11 September 2018 - 12:46 AM

Private

• Players
  • 2734 battles
So I just completed the contract.  I had to set the server to Europe when they were sleeping and I got in a 7v7 with a T37 and it was really easy so may want to try and do that to complete stage 5.  Hope this helps.  In closing they should change the name of the reward tank to Lottery Ticket because it seems like that is about your odds of getting it haha.

dzhey43 #29 Posted 11 September 2018 - 07:17 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 20264 battles
  • [CRAKI]
I have 3 hc on my t71cmda and no single one on t37,t21, other t71 and Lycan. Couldn’t get even one yesterday, should try harder today)

dzhey43 #30 Posted 11 September 2018 - 07:27 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 20264 battles
  • [CRAKI]

View PostKilledByPing, on 10 September 2018 - 09:17 AM, said:

That complain is stupid. There are no impossible stages in Sharpshooter contract. Some of them require skills, thats right. And this is exactly what you expect from OP to earn end game content.

Skipping stages with gold should not be possible at all. It depreciates value of the prize since any noob with thick wallet can get it.

The only stupid thing about contracts for tier 7-10 mercenaries is outrageous ammount of XP you have to grind in a limited ammount of time. It requires way too much time even with Premium account.

Other than that it's ok (expect the fact you have to use Light tanks almost all the way thru contract even thou there are 0 Light Tanks modules used in SharpShooter :trollface:). Tier 8-10 contracts should not be easily taken by anybody without time and skill investments.

I agree you should not play tier9 sharpshooter if you can’t do hard, but still possible requirements. At least this tank will have some ‘skill value’ ))) give it up, guys)))

LiteralComic635 #31 Posted 11 September 2018 - 08:26 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 167 battles

View PostBrogueOne, on 10 September 2018 - 05:25 PM, said:

I’ve done top damage in Lights a few times.... but with soooooo many scrambling about it’s almost impossible to avoid friendly collisions. I think that’s my main problem with it(aside from the actual tanks required being incorrect).  I’d be interested in what the data says about the frequency of medals earned by class..... I’m sure Patrol Duty and Scout are undoubtedly earned in high volume by lights, but medals like High Caliber are probably most frequently earned by TDs or Heavies.

With the flood of lights and current map selection in rotation it would be interesting to see how many Scout medals are actually being earned. I spent the day acting like an idiot and got 10 spots just once, in a loss of course. I won't even attempt getting two High Calibers in lights, borderline crazy requirement in my mind.

ChubbyBuckle06

BoereJack #32 Posted 11 September 2018 - 08:31 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 29349 battles
  • [DUTCH]

Have you ever heared of the sheridan??? Hc are not a big deal, as long as your map isnt a corridormap or a small

citymap

My Youtube Channel Filled With WOT PS4 Gameplay: https://www.youtube....FnoS605ne-GYwiA --->Twitchchannel Search for: Boerejack15 

My current projects for first Moe's:

Premiums --->Ram II, Defiance, Champion, Hidden, E25, British Bulldog, M4 Champion

Tier X's --->T92, AMX 30B, Rhm Panzer, Leopard 1, B-C 155 58, 121, 

Ronin Gaidin #33 Posted 11 September 2018 - 02:25 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 29486 battles

Stage 6 is starting to worry me a little bit. Duelist medals. I wouldn't think that would be particularly difficult, I get that medal all the time. Average one every 17 games over my entire career (including the early Tater days). In these specific eligible tanks its a bit over every 23 games. Still, I'm a third of the way through the XP requirement and still at 0/3. 

How does one farm a Duelist in a Light tank? Need to kill enemies, but they need to shoot me first. It's not like I have a lot of HP to give away. It's counter-intuitive. 

But I'm certainly not paying over 4,000 gold to skip it. 

YouMadBro413 #34 Posted 11 September 2018 - 03:57 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 31765 battles

View PostBrass Drag0n, on 10 September 2018 - 10:00 AM, said:

​Except the Merc line is supposed to be a tech tree line - They are not Premium tanks that give you an XP or Silver bonus. So they should not be harder to acquire than a TT tank.

Making you use certain tanks to "acquire" the specific parts is fine (though the Sharpshooter 100% fails that requirement) and making you earn the equivalent XP of grinding up to a tier 4, 8 or 10 is fine (though painful when WG include a cut off date). But including a stage that needs you to play a tank in a role it isn't meant to play AND get a medal (twice) that the tank is really hard pressed to win.

That is just stupid and unfair.

I agree that being TT tanks with no bonus some of the contract requirements are excessive. And the contracts seems like a way for WG to steer many players towards purchasing/grinding tanks they normally would not (to help complete some of the contracts). I also understand WG needs to make a buck and if you dont like the contract concept then dont play Merc tanks but I really liked the Sharpershooter (one of the few Merc tanks that appealed to me) but the stage 5 requirements put it out of reach for me.

dcr66 #35 Posted 11 September 2018 - 04:07 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 22743 battles
  • [ONE]

Not that hard to do depending what you have in your collection. Fast firing with accurate gun will do the trick. You need to sit back and snipe away.

Read the contract requirements. Don't start something if you don't have the tanks to complete them or "too much work" and you don't want to use gold. Old geezers like me have some play time restrictions as you.

Senior .NET Developer / Team Lead by day. Computer/Console gamer with 30+ yrs of experience by night. WW2 guru for 35+ years. 

[ONE]dcr66 in World of Warships. Same clan name and user name as I have in Xbox.

WolverineSoul #36 Posted 11 September 2018 - 06:54 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18866 battles

View PostRonin Gaidin, on 11 September 2018 - 02:25 PM, said:

Stage 6 is starting to worry me a little bit. Duelist medals. I wouldn't think that would be particularly difficult, I get that medal all the time. Average one every 17 games over my entire career (including the early Tater days). In these specific eligible tanks its a bit over every 23 games. Still, I'm a third of the way through the XP requirement and still at 0/3. 

How does one farm a Duelist in a Light tank? Need to kill enemies, but they need to shoot me first. It's not like I have a lot of HP to give away. It's counter-intuitive. 

Kinda in the same boat - I'm at 50% of Stage 6 XP and have only one duelist - like you, its not that uncommon for me to get them, esp in AMX 12T (~5% of games).  I think I'm trying too hard to get a duelist and screwing myself.  (i.e. overly aggressive).  Certainly open to other ideas than just trying to chill the f out.

As for the High Caliber - its a combo of skill + luck.  You need a good game when you've got the right matchmaking. I had a dozen or more games where I had the most damage but didn't hit the 20%.  If your not top tier, you're chances are slim.  I had 22 pens and 5 kills on a mid tier game, most damage, and only 15% of Red's total.  Did both of mine in the Stinger.

Koncorde #37 Posted 11 September 2018 - 07:38 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 19257 battles
I work 60 hours a week and will still get the Sharpshooter at some point.

WolverineSoul #38 Posted 11 September 2018 - 10:50 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18866 battles

UPDATE:  Just nailed the last two Duelist Medals.  Taking a chill pill worked.  Didn't overly push, try to get hit on purpose, or get tunnel vision on a single tank when I did get hit - Played like normal and just had opportunities arise mid game.  Now I just need another 1 Million EXP - think the stage 7 spotting damage and 220 kills will mostly take care of themselves.  

Don't sweat it Ronin - try to forget it and play normal - your stats show you'll get there.

StockrA #39 Posted 11 September 2018 - 11:00 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 19516 battles

View PostRonin Gaidin, on 11 September 2018 - 02:25 PM, said:

Thought this would have been tricky, but got it done easily.

Had a few games with 3 artillery, get past an open flank, ram the artillery before killing him, don't ram to fast or head on obviously.

Or chase down lights and pray their not as good as you :teethhappy:

WolverineSoul #40 Posted 11 September 2018 - 11:15 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18866 battles
hahahaha - that's awesome.  I was wondering if you could do that.  I did ram a guy or two while working on it but none of those panned out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users