Goodbye Sharpshooter...

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

StockrA #41 Posted 11 September 2018 - 11:39 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 20282 battles

View PostWolverineSoul, on 11 September 2018 - 11:15 PM, said:

hahahaha - that's awesome.  I was wondering if you could do that.  I did ram a guy or two while working on it but none of those panned out.

That was the easiest way, just slow down before you hit, also be quick, friendly artillery will shoot them.

dzhey43 #42 Posted 13 September 2018 - 06:07 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 21675 battles
  • [CRAKI]
I decided to try 7vs7 while there are less people on a server and did one hc in a second battle with t71cmda. Wow, that worked. After about 10 more battles without luck and 15vs15 became more often, which I did not try for hc, but to help my team do my best I did second one with t71da being amongs 8tier tanks. That was lucky game with many reds left himselfs alone to circle them. Than I saw next “fun” thing to do 3 duelist! Won’t be easy, but 150k is a long road with many chances))

BDaddy Cheno #43 Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:14 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21516 battles
  • [SPSR]

View Postdzhey43, on 13 September 2018 - 06:07 AM, said:

I decided to try 7vs7 while there are less people on a server and did one hc in a second battle with t71cmda. Wow, that worked. After about 10 more battles without luck and 15vs15 became more often, which I did not try for hc, but to help my team do my best I did second one with t71da being amongs 8tier tanks. That was lucky game with many reds left himselfs alone to circle them. Than I saw next “fun” thing to do 3 duelist! Won’t be easy, but 150k is a long road with many chances))

Got 2 duellists last night.....go after other lights, ram them then finish them off with your cannon.  Same with artillery.  Best of luck!  The 7vs.7 on the Euro server when most of them are asleep helped me in the HC contract.
"I'm going to deal with this the only way us Bundys know how----with swift and blinding violence." -----Kelly Bundy

Elathron #44 Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:19 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22437 battles
  • [N0RSE]
Absolutely ridiculous the amount they require you to do in order to unlock these tanks. They should just remove the time requirement, full stop. If you make the target a HC for a light tank you are encouraging lights to play in a way which they mostly shouldn't be played, considering they see higher tier tanks usually. That plus needing 1.2million XP in the next 30 days is a joke. Some of us have jobs and still can't afford 21,000 gold to skip the last stage. I mean, that's £60 they are asking. £3 and I might accept the offer. But £60??? You can shove off lol. I'll go and buy Black Ops 4 AND Fallout 76 for that price on Black Friday...

FinlandRed #45 Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:01 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 18898 battles

View PostYouMadBro413, on 11 September 2018 - 03:57 PM, said:

I agree that being TT tanks with no bonus some of the contract requirements are excessive. And the contracts seems like a way for WG to steer many players towards purchasing/grinding tanks they normally would not (to help complete some of the contracts). I also understand WG needs to make a buck and if you dont like the contract concept then dont play Merc tanks but I really liked the Sharpershooter (one of the few Merc tanks that appealed to me) but the stage 5 requirements put it out of reach for me.

^This. I can no longer play every night for hours on end due to RL so barely have time to grind anything nevermind the silly requirements of these contracts. They seem a bit lacklustre for something that takes so much effort.

BDaddy Cheno #46 Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:05 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21516 battles
  • [SPSR]
Agreed.  Although I may still keep this active.  Real life and responsibilities do NOT allow me all the time I would need to complete this all the way through.  Take Care of Business (TCB) as it says in the Book of Elvis......
"I'm going to deal with this the only way us Bundys know how----with swift and blinding violence." -----Kelly Bundy

Pontiac Pat #47 Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:12 PM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 21745 battles
  • [47R]
I'm not going to bother with it until it expires and gets redone.  After the Tusk experience I'm only taking the contracts that look doable while maintaining a real life.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

Just An0maly #48 Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:36 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18600 battles
  • [-N-]
I stopped working it a week or so ago. The requirements are wrong-headed, at a minimum. 

SightlessRogue0 #49 Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:36 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13737 battles

View PostBrass Drag0n, on 10 September 2018 - 10:00 AM, said:

​Except the Merc line is supposed to be a tech tree line - They are not Premium tanks that give you an XP or Silver bonus. So they should not be harder to acquire than a TT tank.

Making you use certain tanks to "acquire" the specific parts is fine (though the Sharpshooter 100% fails that requirement) and making you earn the equivalent XP of grinding up to a tier 4, 8 or 10 is fine (though painful when WG include a cut off date). But including a stage that needs you to play a tank in a role it isn't meant to play AND get a medal (twice) that the tank is really hard pressed to win.

That is just stupid and unfair.

These steps are there to bring profits back to WG, which I remind you is a commercial business. We offer you the POSSIBILITY of winning it for free, but you can also pay for the longer or harder stages, it's an honest choice.

I decided to no longer pay for the mercenaries and I pick up the goodies of the steps. When I come on a step that asks for the impossible (for me) I sign another contract and harvest the goodies that I can harvest.

I use Google translator for english language

Lots of juggling in french text, sometimes translator in trouble with that. If you do not understand what I write, tell me.

fozfactor #50 Posted 13 October 2018 - 02:28 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 51986 battles

I actually started, then abandoned, the Sharpshooter contract as I could just not beyond the HC requirement awhile ago. Earned and immediately sold the Smoothman and then decided to give Sharpie another go.

OP I don't think it's these wackadoodle hoops needed to jump through that make it difficult for a full time worker to earn, it's the insane amount of overall grind time.

Once I earned the first HC (using the T37), it was a huge morale booster for the next. The 2nd was actually earned after I was just screwing around as a friendly had bumped me and I was just playing for the XP. Just looked at my stats for the T37, which I had never played before this op, and I now have 6 HC medals! Ironic that when I was trying, it felt almost impossible to earn (even enough to bail on the contract), and then without even trying banged out another four. If I could gift the extras to my forum fellows, I gladly would.

On l'a bien allumé!

- Marianne Durieux, Commander Guillaume Tell, Mle.49

fozfactor #51 Posted 13 October 2018 - 02:40 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 51986 battles

View PostRonin Gaidin, on 11 September 2018 - 09:25 AM, said:

Stage 6 is starting to worry me a little bit. Duelist medals. I wouldn't think that would be particularly difficult, I get that medal all the time. Average one every 17 games over my entire career (including the early Tater days). In these specific eligible tanks its a bit over every 23 games. Still, I'm a third of the way through the XP requirement and still at 0/3. 

How does one farm a Duelist in a Light tank? Need to kill enemies, but they need to shoot me first. It's not like I have a lot of HP to give away. It's counter-intuitive. 

But I'm certainly not paying over 4,000 gold to skip it. 

When top tier, bait a shot or two from another lower tier med or light. You don't want to go the lemming train route, but it really helps having one or two other friendly's with you to offset the attention you'll be getting. Once you get the first kill and still have at least half health it's doable, you'll just need to keep plugging away. And don't skimp on  the rations. ;)

On l'a bien allumé!

- Marianne Durieux, Commander Guillaume Tell, Mle.49

Manitoba 01 #52 Posted 13 October 2018 - 07:08 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 30851 battles
  • [RATIO]

View PostSightlessRogue0, on 12 October 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

These steps are there to bring profits back to WG, which I remind you is a commercial business. We offer you the POSSIBILITY of winning it for free, but you can also pay for the longer or harder stages, it's an honest choice.

I decided to no longer pay for the mercenaries and I pick up the goodies of the steps. When I come on a step that asks for the impossible (for me) I sign another contract and harvest the goodies that I can harvest.

You might want to try reading the contracts a little more carefully then. You can't buy out several stages, including the ridiculous Stage 5.

Edited by Manitoba 01, 13 October 2018 - 07:08 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users