Turán III Prototípus, is it good as crew trainer?

Turan Czech tank

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Jope2209 #1 Posted 11 September 2018 - 08:15 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34667 battles

Had some gold on my account for some time, and simply couldn't find anything interesting to spend it on. Today I've seen new Czech tier V medium and bought it. The tank looks nice, gun seems to be ok, pen is decent. Severe minus is lack of view range (330 m). Silver and XP bonus is 40% on both. Tank is not yet added to Tankopedia and Wotfrags, but I've played a dozen games today with Turan and I managed to play 4-5 decent games with over 1.5k damage. The best feature of the tank is depression of the gun (-10). Plays great on ridgelines, I've equipped it with GLD cause aim time seems a bit long. View range is bad, that's just how it is, I'm not sure if Optics could do any difference. My equipment is Vents and GLD, while third slot stays empty. I've tried to play it with Binocs and kinda works, but it's not suited for mobile support role. I don't have any good Czech crews, since this is my first crew trainer of that faction, but I'll try to train view skills first.

I like the looks of it, turret looks like mini KV-4 turret except Turan has paper armor. Imho it's nice medium tank, gun depression is great, so ridgelines is where it feels at home.

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

3 MoE tanks: T-34, Pz IVH, Tiger I, Pz.Kpfw. T 25, M7, T-50

New updated poll - please take a minute and cast your votes for the least preferred map in rotation (2019)

Pawel Broda 73 #2 Posted 11 September 2018 - 08:34 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32451 battles

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Gun mantlet or front of turret could bounce something ?

true a 75mm armor of the front turret ? 

Accuracy is medicore or really bad ?

Firing (burning) easy ?

Armor protect crew for the sun and wind environment

http://wiki.wargamin..._Turan_III_prot

Prototype of the WWII Hungarian medium tank. It featured the long-barreled 75 mm 43.M gun and improved armor compared to previous modifications. Never saw mass production due to the termination of vehicle manufacturing in Hungary by the summer of 1944.

The first Hungarian medium tank to be introduced in the game, the Turán III prototípus best performs as a mid-to-long range sniper with its decent accuracy and poor armor. It should be noted that this tank does not represent the final (and only) Turán III, but rather represents its wooden-turreted prototype as indicated by the name, as it lacks the extra 25 mm of bolted-on frontal hull armor and side-skirts.

Pros:

• High HP pool
  • Good hard gun stats: decent penetration, good rate of fire, acceptable accuracy
  • Decent ground resistances
  • Good gun depression (-10 degrees)
  • Physically small, not as large a target as other tier 5 mediums

Cons:

•  
  • Low view range, must rely on others to spot for it
  • Mediocre traverses, weak engine make it sluggish and hard to maneuver
  • Weak armor, easily penetrated even by tier 3 tanks
  • No premium matchmaking--will meet tier 7 opponents

Jope2209 #3 Posted 11 September 2018 - 08:44 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34667 battles

View PostPawel Broda 73, on 11 September 2018 - 08:34 PM, said:

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Gun mantlet or front of turret could bounce something ?

true a 75mm armor of the front turret ? 

Accuracy is medicore or really bad ?

Firing (burning) easy

Pros:

High HP pool

• Good hard gun stats: decent penetration, good rate of fire, acceptable accuracy
  • Decent ground resistances
  • Good gun depression (-10 degrees)
  • Physically small, not as large a target as other tier 5 mediums

Cons:

Low view range, must rely on others to spot for it

• Mediocre traverses, weak engine make it sluggish and hard to maneuver
  • Weak armor, easily penetrated even by tier 3 tanks
  • No premium matchmaking--will meet tier 7 opponents

Turret actualy can bounce a shot or two. 570 HP does come in handy. Gun shoots pretty similar to German IVH. Overall speed is mediocre, turret turns a bit slow. Pros and Cons list pretty much covers all about it.

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

New updated poll - please take a minute and cast your votes for the least preferred map in rotation (2019)

Bibo1GerUk #4 Posted 11 September 2018 - 09:46 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27896 battles

View PostJope2209, on 11 September 2018 - 09:15 PM, said:

Severe minus is lack of view range (330 m). Silver and XP bonus is 40% on both. Tank is not yet added to Tankopedia and Wotfrags, but I've played a dozen games today with Turan and I managed to play 4-5 decent games with over 1.5k damage. The best feature of the tank is depression of the gun (-10).

Could you post a screen-shot of the stats or module values?

Edit: Nvm, thought this was tier 6 for some reason. Summary is informative enough.

Edited by Bibo1GerUk, 11 September 2018 - 09:53 PM.

Remember, it's just a game!

My little Youtube channel aka YeOldeGamer: https://www.youtube....xVCaFCLg/videos

Albapfalzd3 #5 Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:43 AM

Major

• Players
  • 22986 battles

I really want another mid level Czech trainer bad (already have the T40) and will probably spring for this once the base bundle comes out as I do not need all that other stuff. I have plenty of silver to outfit it and have almost 300 days of premium time so I am good there. I can wait. Now if we can just get a Czech Tier III initial trainer we will be styling.

Roy

Jope2209 #6 Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34667 battles

View PostAlbapfalzd3, on 13 September 2018 - 01:43 AM, said:

I really want another mid level Czech trainer bad (already have the T40) and will probably spring for this once the base bundle comes out as I do not need all that other stuff. I have plenty of silver to outfit it and have almost 300 days of premium time so I am good there. I can wait. Now if we can just get a Czech Tier III initial trainer we will be styling.

Roy

It's a pretty solid tank for tier V. So far I've played 34 battles in it, my WR so far is 68%, killed 55 tanks and SR is 44% (which is good and better than my overall SR). Hit ratio is 60%, so gun is accurate enough. Base tank costs only 2000 gold and for that money it surely delivers.

LacqueredBacon #7 Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 35384 battles

I don't have it but I will likely get it this weekend.

As for the capabilities as a crew trainer, since there are no other Czech tier V or lower premium tanks, I am going to vote that it will be my crew trainer since I don't have any other choice.

Bibo1GerUk #8 Posted 14 September 2018 - 05:14 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27896 battles

I'll wait 'till it appears in a War Stories bundle ;)

Edit: Hopefully one day they'll add a decent tier 5 Premium tank for the chinese line for crew training.

Edited by Bibo1GerUk, 14 September 2018 - 05:15 PM.

Remember, it's just a game!

My little Youtube channel aka YeOldeGamer: https://www.youtube....xVCaFCLg/videos

Jope2209 #9 Posted 14 September 2018 - 06:05 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34667 battles
Meanwhile, I've managed to get an Ace tanker on my Turan. It was a game with over 2k dmg combined.

Panthergraf #10 Posted 18 September 2018 - 08:46 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 36874 battles
Seems to be a shelfwarmer. I have yet to see one in battle.

LoganX891 #11 Posted 18 September 2018 - 11:06 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30502 battles
  • [CORVS]

View PostPanthergraf, on 18 September 2018 - 02:46 PM, said:

Seems to be a shelfwarmer. I have yet to see one in battle.

I think many, myself included, are waiting for the base bundle on the 25th. The tank is not what I really want, but I'd feel like a hypocrite not buying it after I've been asking for something/anything to be added to the line. So I'll fork over 2000 gold and hope for something better to be issued at some point in the future.

Albapfalzd3 #12 Posted 28 September 2018 - 12:30 AM

Major

• Players
  • 22986 battles

View PostJope2209, on 14 September 2018 - 12:11 PM, said:

It's a pretty solid tank for tier V. So far I've played 34 battles in it, my WR so far is 68%, killed 55 tanks and SR is 44% (which is good and better than my overall SR). Hit ratio is 60%, so gun is accurate enough. Base tank costs only 2000 gold and for that money it surely delivers.

O.k. I must say that even after reading all the reports coming out on this thing I still wasn't prepared for how lack luster this tank is. The view range is absolutely horrible for a Tier V medium tank and the vehicle it is very sluggish. It's top speed isn't too bad but it takes for ever to get there and then even small hills drag it down quickly. The gun isn't the worst but it is not the best with .39 accuracy (not that good) and suffers from low damage potential. The guns accuracy is pretty poor and the penetration capability is at best decent for Tier V (that can see up to VII) as I already have a 10 penetration "Master Gunner" streak going but I have had problems penetrating Tier VI tanks even with premium ammo. I think I am averaging around 95 damage per penetration. The best thing I can say about this tank is it's ROF and Health Pool but on the flip side you are going to need it. The ROF is pretty darn good but the tank only hold 32 rounds total. That's not a lot. I've only played 4 matches in it so far and am at 50% WR. I have 5 frags and 741 avg damage. When I first got it I fit it with Vents, Rammer and GLD but after the first match I removed the Rammer and installed Optics (330 + 10% = 363). With Vents and BiA it is a bit better and then if you have the vision skills I am sure it can get out close to 400. My T24 crew at the moment only has SS and BiA and is training Repairs. I am thrilled to have another Czech trainer but I wish it was just a little bit "more better". 

Roy

Aelgyn #13 Posted 28 September 2018 - 06:15 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 15899 battles

Interesting to compare this tank with the Chi-Nu Kai, which gets PMM. The CNK gun has slower rate of fire, but better pen/damage/accuracy. Hull/turret traversal of CNK is better as well. Basically, the only thing the Turan has going for it is larger HP and gun depression, which seem insufficient to me to put it against Tier VII.

And the base package still bundles the tank with a garage slot, just to force you to pay 300g extra. WG, please stop doing this. 

Brass Drag0n #14 Posted 28 September 2018 - 07:44 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 34835 battles

Decided to pick up the base bundle today and from first impressions...

It's exactly the same as the Zizka - You're going to have a dozen terrible games for every one half decent match you get in.

Yes, it's a crew trainer, but it's another horrible crew trainer.

Conclusion - WG really hate the Czech line.

MoE: Firefly (2), Churchill III (2), KV-5 (2), Pz V/M10​ (2), Tiger 1​ (3)

(PS4 - DRAGONxxSWORD)

IBROX 04 #15 Posted 28 September 2018 - 07:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20549 battles
  • [BNKR]
Purchased it , Currently no plans to use it. Just add it to the rest I suppose. 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

Albapfalzd3 #16 Posted 28 September 2018 - 08:29 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22986 battles

View PostBrass Drag0n, on 28 September 2018 - 07:44 PM, said:

Decided to pick up the base bundle today and from first impressions...

It's exactly the same as the Zizka - You're going to have a dozen terrible games for every one half decent match you get in.

Yes, it's a crew trainer, but it's another horrible crew trainer.

Conclusion - WG really hate the Czech line.

I actually like the Skoda T40 but wish they would ditch the HEAT rounds and go with APCR. Don't get me wrong with my statement above about the Turan IIIPT, I am glad they finally gave us another Czech trainer. I think I'll just have to get used to how it plays. 

Roy

Brass Drag0n #17 Posted 28 September 2018 - 10:54 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 34835 battles

View PostAlbapfalzd3, on 28 September 2018 - 08:29 PM, said:

I actually like the Skoda T40 but wish they would ditch the HEAT rounds and go with APCR. Don't get me wrong with my statement above about the Turan IIIPT, I am glad they finally gave us another Czech trainer. I think I'll just have to get used to how it plays. 

Roy

​I just wanted another tank to run my Czech crew through for the daily 2x XP (and couldn't face having two T40's).

It's just a shame that this is going to be another mostly terrible crew trainer.

MoE: Firefly (2), Churchill III (2), KV-5 (2), Pz V/M10​ (2), Tiger 1​ (3)

(PS4 - DRAGONxxSWORD)

Xenith_Inc #18 Posted 15 October 2018 - 02:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 6946 battles
Does it have the same 75mm as the tier 5 Skoda?

+++Generally found on PS4 EU server from 5 - 9pm CET+++

My YouTube Channel

Albapfalzd3 #19 Posted 15 October 2018 - 03:14 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22986 battles

View PostXenith_Inc, on 15 October 2018 - 02:51 PM, said:

Does it have the same 75mm as the tier 5 Skoda?

No, it is very similar to the the German 75mm on the Pz. IVH and other German Tier V mediums. They call it the 75mm 43M L43. Slightly different stats but very similar. 

Roy

AutographGrain9 #20 Posted 08 May 2019 - 07:05 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36011 battles
This tank is total garbage, it is actually worse than the ripper tank.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users