Mercenary Contracts are Broken!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

HopHound83 #1 Posted 13 September 2018 - 03:32 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 8420 battles

It should be obvious by now that the Mercenary contract System needs an imediate overhaul.

At any given time the battle queue shows that half or more of the tanks in the queue are light tanks. I have had as many as 7 on each side. They play to the contract and not to the team or for the win. The amount of light tank involvement needs to be reduced especially for non-light tank vehicles. This epic number of light tanks did not exist until the Mercenaries add-on.

Three 60 Mafia #2 Posted 13 September 2018 - 03:36 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7412 battles
  • [RDDT]
Yeah, it's a damn plague. You go into battle queue, 150 tanks, 75 - 90 of them are lights. It's a goddam nightmare. 

Official Chrysler K Salesman (Owner of 2 Chrysler K Tanks) - HMH Chrysler K - 3 MoE | Chrysler K - 3 MoE
My YouTube Channel - http://gaming.youtube.com/three60mafia 

DANCING FLAMES #3 Posted 13 September 2018 - 04:37 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 37697 battles
  • [HDC]
Ops that require individual to perform a certain task always drags down gameplay. Used to be a passing thing since ops would eventually change or go away. These are around all the time and so gameplay keeps on suffering due to this. 

Capn Ratchet45 #4 Posted 13 September 2018 - 07:16 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17496 battles
lol...its been slightly better this week...most games I was in last night were 3 lt per match...not the 5 that I saw last week...if the person who's in charge of ops would keep the dailys focused on things that other classes excel at we will see less yolo trains...and then rethink what you're doing with the merc contracts...let's see dmg bounced...tanks tracked...survive the battle...top damage type ops...this will reward the heavies meds and tds over the yolo trains we have atm! avoid spotting...assist...scout type ops for a month until things settle down?

CrashTESTDUFUS #5 Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:58 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 13478 battles
one other thing i dont like about mercenary contracts is the fact that you usually wont have the all the tanks in your garage to complete the contract so you end up having to buy a tank you dont want or need.when you look at a contract it should show you all the requirements you need to acquire said tank.you should not have to buy tanks that you do not own to complete a contract for a so-called free tank that actually cost silver and sometimes a whole lot of silver depending on how many tanks you have to buy to meet the contracts requirements. the mercenary tanks are a good idea but how wg implemented them was executed very poorly no big surprise there they piss on their customers and tell them its raining pathetic.

abhiop741 #6 Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:57 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 24356 battles
  • [DICO]

Firstly I was skeptical about mercenaries tanks, but I can live with and finally a little diversity more is nice.

But the contracts are very ill thought and often so catastrophical that they risk to disgust many players and even me !

So Wargaming listen just one time to your customers/players and correct the most ill thought points of the mercenary contracts.

• The contracts ask too much time to get all the requisite medals and XP. This is particularly the case for the high level tiers, Sharpshooter and Tusk. People have a life outside the game and even in the game they don't want to have to play, say french light tanks of tiers IX or X during many weeks !
  • Why is the time limited to do the contracts ? There is no reason I can take 2 or 4 years to get a Maus or a Sheridan and only a few weeks for a Tusk (which is   less versatile than the Sheridan).
  • Why cannot we stop a contract, begin another and take back an old contract later, at the stage left ?
  • Some level can be passed by paying gold but the prices are just crazy for ordinary tanks, especially for the higher tiers.
  • Some mission are stupid and require luck and/or excellent skill to complete, like the mission level 5 of the Sharpshooter that requires to get 2 HC medals in light tanks.
  • The requisite tanks to play are often too limited (for instance light french or american of tiers IX and X or even only X). WG would give players/customers the opportunity to plays their premium tanks in most of the missions.
  • Why cannot we pay gold to pass a level that blocks us ? For instance the level 5 of the Sharpshooter cannot be passed !

Edited by abhiop741, 15 September 2018 - 12:25 PM.

Once an active contributor on the French forum of WoT.

Ragyoo #7 Posted 18 September 2018 - 09:45 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 14052 battles

Hello,

I'm no fan of the mercenary update. The mercenary tanks, all of them, look uber ugly

The main reason I give up is because I don't want the tank in the first place. They all look so ugly. Currently motivated myself to play for a stinger. I don't even want it because it just looks pretty much like an ELC BIS with fancy reskin.

Then I don't like the way ops are designed at all. It's always the same. Very boring. Asking to complete a challenge must be something very challenging, but also very new, and not necessarily something very hard because of a random luck factor.

Merc contracts make players develop and testing new lines they don't want to develop, while dropping paper thin bonuses, and I see no interest in possessing the mercenary tanks yet all this universe came and stained my client.

At least I can seek revenge by obliterating the ugly merc tanks on every maps I play...

SprungNickel427 #8 Posted 19 September 2018 - 03:20 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27536 battles
  • [UMFF5]
Got my HC in T37  tier 6. OP AF that tank. put an 8+ skill crew in there, Camo paint for a week, small repair and small first aid and coke! heck yeah, that tank is a beast. Played it 2 years ago and I couldn't do anything in it. hayyyted it. Now its a keeper. Then the 3 duelist medals was pretty frustrating in light tanks. So I roled out bottom tier in lycan and had to selectively get hit and then clip the dude that hit me... Lol. First tank was never a problem, but the second tank on half health you had to be super selective or you died! 

xxFINIDITCHEVxx #9 Posted 19 September 2018 - 04:38 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 670 battles

View PostSprungNickel427, on 19 September 2018 - 03:20 PM, said:

Got my HC in T37  tier 6. OP AF that tank. put an 8+ skill crew in there, Camo paint for a week, small repair and small first aid and coke! heck yeah, that tank is a beast. Played it 2 years ago and I couldn't do anything in it. hayyyted it. Now its a keeper. Then the 3 duelist medals was pretty frustrating in light tanks. So I roled out bottom tier in lycan and had to selectively get hit and then clip the dude that hit me... Lol. First tank was never a problem, but the second tank on half health you had to be super selective or you died! 

I hear you.  Getting the dualist medals is hard if you are still trying to do a job for the team.

xxFINIDITCHEVxx #10 Posted 19 September 2018 - 04:42 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 670 battles

View PostHopHound83, on 13 September 2018 - 03:32 PM, said:

It should be obvious by now that the Mercenary contract System needs an imediate overhaul.

At any given time the battle queue shows that half or more of the tanks in the queue are light tanks. I have had as many as 7 on each side. They play to the contract and not to the team or for the win. The amount of light tank involvement needs to be reduced especially for non-light tank vehicles. This epic number of light tanks did not exist until the Mercenaries add-on.

It could be worse. You could be asked to play Arty. But on the whole I agree with you 100%. I have ruined a few games for people recently by playing light tanks. 

SprungNickel427 #11 Posted 19 September 2018 - 05:42 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27536 battles
  • [UMFF5]

View PostxxFINIDITCHEVxx, on 19 September 2018 - 04:38 PM, said:

I hear you.  Getting the dualist medals is hard if you are still trying to do a job for the team.

that's where things go wrong. you play for the medal and not the team. moving on...

SprungNickel427 #12 Posted 19 September 2018 - 05:43 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27536 battles
  • [UMFF5]

View PostxxFINIDITCHEVxx, on 19 September 2018 - 04:42 PM, said:

It could be worse. You could be asked to play Arty. But on the whole I agree with you 100%. I have ruined a few games for people recently by playing light tanks. 

lol, the bigtop you had to kill an unseen enemy, I use french arty to blind fire the enemy arty. one game, 1 kill. 

Silent Guns18 #13 Posted 19 September 2018 - 06:13 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6447 battles
  • [LST]
The mercenary contracts are not broken The contracts are Meant for ppl who have good wn8

xxFINIDITCHEVxx #14 Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:21 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 670 battles

If it was solely down to XP in a relevant tank, I'd be okay with it. What we have here are plagues of light tanks playing to their own agenda and has nothing to do with win rate. I had one guy trying to actively get me to shoot him before he killed me so he could get a duellist medal. I just turned my gun away and didn't fire at him. Went on for a minute or two. If you only counted XP and medals from wins that rewarded team play like, base defender and confederate or scouting the contracts would most likely have a positive effect on gameplay.

I have given up hosing heavies in light tanks. I never really played higher tier lights until the Merc Ops. That's because as a grizzled old Beta tester I never had the patience to hold my fire and scout. Yep, that is what they were meant to do originally. I used to read a lot of people on here saying that you needed a lot of skill to play the new lights well in this game. You don't. You just need to be a bit of a tw@t and selfish with it. Let the mediums scout, wait until everyone is engaged and then drive through the lines and prey upon the slow and wounded with impunity. I'm deliberately targeting lights in my mediums at the moment. It's quite satisfying when the HE or HESH hits home.

Silent Guns18 #15 Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:37 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6447 battles
  • [LST]
The mercenary contracts are not broken at all  There for unicorns and super unicorns

Otis Z Firefly #16 Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:52 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16374 battles

View PostSilent Guns18, on 19 September 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

The mercenary contracts are not broken The contracts are Meant for ppl who have good wn8

View PostSilent Guns18, on 20 September 2018 - 10:37 PM, said:

The mercenary contracts are not broken at all There for unicorns and super unicorns

They are to earn Wargaming money.
Ordo ab Chao.

HopHound83 #17 Posted 26 September 2018 - 05:39 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 8420 battles

View PostSilent Guns18, on 20 September 2018 - 04:37 PM, said:

The mercenary contracts are not broken at all There for unicorns and super unicorns

Which if true is one of the multiple reasons the contracts are broken.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users