Jump to content


capture the base bug


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

TOONSTEVE #1 Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:31 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 19065 battles
  • 4
  • [ELLO]
  • Member since:
    02-05-2015
we the green team captured the base 4 seconds before the red team captured there base and we had a notification pop  up to say we captured the base only for the game to end in a draw,this is not right,you have a timer set to capture the base and when one team gets the timer to 0 and captures the base they win,it is broken when the timer gets to 0 and a note pops up to say we captured the base for the game to still be going for 4-5 sec and i have seen longer this means if one team captures the base they realy have not untill 5 or so secs has past after this then game is over,needs to be fixed seeing as you fix or i should say nef most tanks it seems a simple fix to add,thank you and hope to see a fix on this issue

Three 60 Mafia #2 Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:49 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 6593 battles
  • 473
  • [RDDT]
  • Member since:
    07-12-2015
If someone dies during the capture of the base, it extends the game by 5 seconds. Which is why your game ended in a draw. 

Official Chrysler K Salesman (Owner of 2 Chrysler K Tanks) - HMH Chrysler K - 3 MoE | Chrysler K - 3 MoE
My YouTube Channel - http://gaming.youtube.com/three60mafia 


TOONSTEVE #3 Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:59 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 19065 battles
  • 4
  • [ELLO]
  • Member since:
    02-05-2015
i understand that but when we have 1 green left capturing the base and then 2 reds left capturing the base the greens got to 0 4secs before the reds did but we end up with a draw,i see an issue there

TOONSTEVE #4 Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:23 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 19065 battles
  • 4
  • [ELLO]
  • Member since:
    02-05-2015
hello

MaxChaos24 #5 Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:29 PM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 11865 battles
  • 17,704
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

Hello, there isn't any bug here as the player explained, it's how the base capture mechanic is designed. :honoring:

 

There is a 5 second period after the Base Capture where the enemy can also capture the base and end in a draw. This 5 second delay is extended each time someone is killed. 



Sadriel Fett #6 Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:47 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 21666 battles
  • 3,534
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostMaxChaos24, on 14 September 2018 - 12:29 PM, said:

Hello, there isn't any bug here as the player explained, it's how the base capture mechanic is designed. :honoring:

 

There is a 5 second period after the Base Capture where the enemy can also capture the base and end in a draw. This 5 second delay is extended each time someone is killed. 

 

I think the OP understands that's how the mechanic works.  I believe what he's asking is "why" is it designed this way?  Quite honestly, alot of us have wondered the same over the years.  Why is it designed this way?  The first team to capture the enemy base should be the winner...period.  This is the only game I've ever played that has a base capture system like this.  The enemy shouldn't have an extra 5 seconds to capture the base.  If they wanted to capture the base, they should've started capping it before the green team did.  

korbendallas-01 #7 Posted 14 September 2018 - 06:11 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 37046 battles
  • 5,244
  • [GER_1]
  • Member since:
    05-15-2016

View PostTOONSTEVE, on 14 September 2018 - 05:23 PM, said:

hello

 

So that's the secret to get a response in the bug report forum.

korbendallas-01 #8 Posted 14 September 2018 - 06:13 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 37046 battles
  • 5,244
  • [GER_1]
  • Member since:
    05-15-2016

View PostSadriel Fett, on 14 September 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

I think the OP understands that's how the mechanic works. I believe what he's asking is "why" is it designed this way? Quite honestly, alot of us have wondered the same over the years. Why is it designed this way? The first team to capture the enemy base should be the winner...period. This is the only game I've ever played that has a base capture system like this. The enemy shouldn't have an extra 5 seconds to capture the base. If they wanted to capture the base, they should've started capping it before the green team did.  

 

Agreed, don't understand why it's done this way, and don't understand at all why it's made so intransparent.

Sovietdeath #9 Posted 16 September 2018 - 01:45 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 14888 battles
  • 20,152
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostTOONSTEVE, on 13 September 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

i understand that but when we have 1 green left capturing the base and then 2 reds left capturing the base the greens got to 0 4secs before the reds did but we end up with a draw,i see an issue there

 

I see an issue because niether team actually secured a real victory as both teams clearly captured the base without the other intervening. The game is designed to discourage a capture victory by allowing this grace period.

korbendallas-01 #10 Posted 16 September 2018 - 03:53 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 37046 battles
  • 5,244
  • [GER_1]
  • Member since:
    05-15-2016

View PostSovietdeath, on 16 September 2018 - 02:45 PM, said:

I see an issue because niether team actually secured a real victory as both teams clearly captured the base without the other intervening.

 

They captured for some minutes without intervention, and the intervention comes late. Too late, one might say.




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users