Crew XP Boost Op Strategy

Strategy crew xo op midight question bonus wot Premium gold

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

MIDNIGHT562 #1 Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:39 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 10992 battles

Is there any Strategy for using the Crew XP Boost Op bonuses?

For instance, when should I be using them for maximum effect?

On a crew that's between 75-99% qualifications on their tank to get them earning a skill and perks asap?

On a crew that's working on its 1-2 crew skill or perk because these skills take less XP?

On a crew that's working on its 3-6 skills or perks?

On crews that already have a bunch of skills or perks because the grind at that point is so much slower?

or does none of that matter?

Does using the XP Boost Op in combination with the first win of the day bonus give extra XP or does it matter?

Does using the XP Boost Op in combination with Premium being active give extra XP or does it matter?

Only ever use XP Boost Op on premium tanks or does it matter?

Does the tier of the tank matter when using XP Boost Op?

Use the XP Boost Op only on training Skills or only on training Perks or it doesn't matter? 

or is there some other Strategy for using the Crew XP Boost Op bonuses to maximize the effect?

Sgt Becket FEAR #2 Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:44 AM

Major

• Players
  • 10143 battles
  • [ROSA]

I personally use them to either jumpstart a new crew to get skills/perks trained up faster or to help with the grind on veteran crews that have so many trained up that now it is taking a long time to get through each new skill/perk.

Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

Dynasty-w-fans #3 Posted 14 September 2018 - 08:31 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 26127 battles

There is a reasonable method for consistency war stories. Use best xp gain / crew xp bonus tank you got. (Churchill iii a good pick) amx chaffe to.

I personaly use boosters near end about 80% plus only for first 4set tho. And for skills etc like bia . Ones that requier 100% before effect. Hope input /reply useful

RCAFRaven #4 Posted 15 September 2018 - 12:48 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5275 battles
  • [TVTC]
I use them on the first 4 skills/perks, where they have maximum effect.

I figure (though this isn't based in any science whatsoever) that once a crew has 4 skills/perks, they're going to be OK to grind without the help.

Of course, this is what I do - and you can see by my stats that anything I do has to be considered with a large dose of skepticism :-D

Bashful #5 Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:20 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 24765 battles
  • [47R]

Short Answer: Crew XP Ops should be used on tanks with crew bonuses when X5 daily multipliers are available.

Long Answer:

First, go download the Tank XP and Crew XP Calculator linked in MaxChaos's signature so that you can play with the numbers yourself until you understand them

For all of these examples, assume that you earned 1000 XP in a match, and that you have a gold account.

Case #1 - Tech Tree Tank - Non Elite - No Mentor on Crew - X2 Daily

• Total Crew XP Earned: 3,000

Case #2 - As Case #1, but with a X6 Crew Boost Active

• Total Crew XP Earned: 10,500

Case #3 - Tech Tree Tank - Non Elite - No Mentor on Crew - X5 Daily

• Total Crew XP Earned: 7,500

Case #4 - As Case #3, but with a X6 Crew Boost Active

• Total Crew XP Earned: 15,000

Case #5 - Tier 8 IS-6 - No Mentor on Crew - X5 Daily

• Total Crew XP Earned: 9,572

Case #6 - As Case #5, but with a X6 Crew Boost Active

• Total Crew XP Earned: 18,937
  • This is only about 4k XP more than you actually get on the non-tech tree tank

Case #7 - Tier 8 Vengeance T25 - No Mentor on Crew - X5 Daily

• Total Crew XP Earned: 14,343

Case #8 - As Case #7, but with a X6 Crew Boost Active

• Total Crew XP Earned: 28,406

Case #9 - As Case #8, but with a crew that has both BIA and Mentor Trained at 100%

• Total Crew XP Earned: 31,388
  • This is double what you get on the non-tech tree tank

The Vengeance T25 is one of the best tanks in the games as far as crew training goes, so it is a highly recommended for just that purpose. The German Hell Hound (not the base version) also has some very good training bonuses.

So I basically save all of my crew boosts for the Daily X3 and Daily X5 days, and then I pick the tanks crew training bonuses on them. Tanks that have dedicated crew bonuses on them are actually better crew trainers than tanks with high XP bonuses (eg: the Black Tanks) - this is because of the order that the bonuses are applied. Look at Max's spreadsheet if you want to understand the mechanics.

Also tagged with Strategy, crew, xo, op, midight, question, bonus, wot, Premium, gold

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users