About Mercenaries tanks and lights

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

scwirpeo #21 Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:53 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37774 battles
  • [CRY]

10/30 players chasing mercs is a successful update? 

Where I'm from 33% is still an F.

MOEs so I can pretend like they matter

Spoiler

jprs201024 #22 Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:59 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28969 battles

View PostBlack RL, on 14 September 2018 - 12:16 PM, said:

No, this is not another complaint thread.

So, the “community” says the Mercenaries tanks were a failure, yet the game is filled with light tanks because of the Mercenaries contracts.

Thoughts on this?

Well, I don't think the Merc Tanks are a failure… The tanks are nice but… there are always a but...

For me, the big problem/failure of the Merc Tanks are in the contracts…  The failure of the contracts… Because at this moment we have 3 contracts that in the requirements we have to use light tanks... 

And why we have a failure of the contracts?
First, because this contracts are made for WG won money. All contracts are very hard to do for 80% of the players in the game… Or it's because the players don't have the right tanks to do this or that contract… Or the players don't have the skills to do this or that stage of a contract (by example, the HC medal of the stage 5 from the SharpShooter)… So, for the players that don't have the right conditions to grind the merc tank, or the player buy it or buy the stage that he can't do… Or forget the merc tank...
But the second problem of the contracts, that are really affecting the game, it's because we have at this moment a big number of contracts that brings to the battles lots and lots of lights tanks… And not wanting to feed the discussion if the light tanks are OP or not, I think that the huge number of light tanks in the battles are having a large effect on the number of players that are playing WoT, on this days. In the last month the population are decreasing at a rate of almost 1000 players by week… And why lots of players are leaving the game? Because they aren't doing a merc contract and they don't like play light tanks and, at this moment, it's very very hard to a heavy or a TD or even to a medium tank to face 2 or 3... or 5... light tanks spamming premium ammo… So… the solution it's to stop playing the WoT...

Edited by jprs201024, 14 September 2018 - 03:22 PM.

XT356 #23 Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:21 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 4378 battles

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 14 September 2018 - 07:24 AM, said:

I actually don't mind this particular aspect of the op. I think it's ok that certain ops are hard to do for certain tankers.

Sorry mate.

Its not hard, its bothersome when you have to go back and grind a whole other line just to be able to do the contract. For example, I was working on one of the contracts and half way thru, I am no longer able to use medium tanks and have to instead use light. When they release the new VK, if there is a light tank part of the contract, that would be 100% idiotic since the tank is made up of three heavy tanks. And I like being able to make a difference in a match and not just zoom in, hope to spot 9 tanks and pray that my team wins. Thats bad match making. 
I will eat your unhappiness.

AleTieCan05 #24 Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:35 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 39601 battles
  • [SAN]
if WGCB had better spent his time, with better ideas and really correcting the problems of the game, instead of "inventing" these strange "frankenstein" tanks (ignore the 4.6 that showed only how much they are actually incompetent .. they do not know their game, read only statistics and often do not understand them) I think it would be a much better thing and maybe today we would have the + sign instead of - on the number of players .... IMHO

korbendallas-01 #25 Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37041 battles
  • [GER_1]

View PostXT356, on 14 September 2018 - 04:21 PM, said:

Its not hard, its bothersome when you have to go back and grind a whole other line just to be able to do the contract.

Understood, but it's not bothersome for me since I have most tanks that are required already in my garage. Even stuff like Japanese heavies, which I don't plan to ever grind, were covered by last Halloween's Kaiju.

HawkZ71 #26 Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:29 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21199 battles
  • [RSMOJ]

I earned the Needle...then lost interest in doing any more contracts. I am far more interested in the King Tiger and Scourge earn ops...while grinding the tanks I am on. Maybe someday after I have almost all the tech tree done...will I have more intetest in Mercs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users