it just occured to me that this can happen now

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

LazyCalf5928745 #1 Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:17 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 55861 battles

"Great editing!  Thanks for the video!  It shall be shared in our Battle Heroes Article! ''

Sgt Becket FEAR #2 Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:30 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10143 battles
  • [ROSA]
Did not play arty safe :P

Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

Sadriel Fett #3 Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:56 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 22999 battles
Sniper view...and yet it doesn't let you know if you're targeted.  Shady.

"Prepare for battle, reach for glory, and plan for blood." ~~ The Sovereign

FinlandRed #4 Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:59 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 18898 battles

View PostSadriel Fett, on 14 September 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

That's why it's easy mode.

steelheadclan #5 Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14342 battles

Another buff to the scumbag redline bush bastards. 

Sadriel Fett #6 Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:11 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 22999 battles

View PostFinlandRed, on 14 September 2018 - 09:59 AM, said:

That's why it's easy mode.

Yeah, I can see that.  I still haven't had a chance to test it out, yet.  Been trying to do stuff on other tanks.  Plus, I only have 3 Arty's in my garage, so it's not something I play a lot of.  I still wanted to see how much easier it makes it, though.  Looks like you have a lot more precision now.  I mean, it's literally a sniper shot view for your Arty, so it'd be kind of hard to miss shots as often now, I'd imagine.

"Prepare for battle, reach for glory, and plan for blood." ~~ The Sovereign

TBO K1LL4C4M #7 Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:16 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9227 battles
Not Sure, but this shoots depend on the arty type and their Position not the View Mode itself. Please  correct me if im wrong, i only play arty if im far from sober.

DrHorrible4Life #8 Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:19 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 11021 battles

View PostTBO K1LL4C4M, on 14 September 2018 - 02:16 PM, said:

Not Sure, but this shoots depend on the arty type and their Position not the View Mode itself. Please correct me if im wrong, i only play arty if im far from sober.

You are correct.  

TennisMan56 #9 Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:26 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21938 battles
  • [STDZ]
It could happen before to if you paid attention to your arty sights and how oval they are. This new mode makes it much easier.

Pontiac Pat #10 Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:13 PM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 21745 battles
  • [47R]

That's about the only situation where I've found the new view angle to be significantly useful.  The top down view works fine for your normal rocks and rolls if you know how to read the shape of the circle.  I definitely have to remember that view on Port now.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

tankdestroyer551 #11 Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:30 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 34869 battles
not proud of it,but i did this to a tank through both the himmelsdorf train station tunnel entrances,worst thing added in 4.6 imo.

BrogueOne #12 Posted 14 September 2018 - 07:19 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 20268 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostTennisMan56, on 14 September 2018 - 02:26 PM, said:

It could happen before to if you paid attention to your arty sights and how oval they are. This new mode makes it much easier.

Exactly... I’ve previously scored my fair share of Arty shots under bridges and through windows.... the only thing that’s changed is that now you’re better able to judge whether or not that particular shot is worth the risk.

And for those of you who don’t play artillery, but still want to complain about it..... the trajectory view actually makes it harder to know how well aimed you are because your aim circle doesn’t always come fully into view like it does in top down view. In top down you can see your entire aim circle as it closes in, but trajectory view only lets you see about half of it depending on the terrain. All it does is give you a better idea of what’s between you and your target, it doesn’t actually improve aimtime or accuracy..... 0.86 is still 0.86 and that window you’re trying to shoot through is still only 0.2m wide.

gigagram #13 Posted 14 September 2018 - 07:50 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 8809 battles

View PostSadriel Fett, on 14 September 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

WG has made it plain that it allows arty to play by different rules to keep those players playing.  My guess is that a lot of older players with disposable income would leave without arty easy mode.  

BrogueOne #14 Posted 14 September 2018 - 08:20 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 20268 battles
  • [ELDER]

View Postgigagram, on 14 September 2018 - 07:50 PM, said:

WG has made it plain that it allows arty to play by different rules to keep those players playing.  My guess is that a lot of older players with disposable income would leave without arty easy mode.  

What does that even mean? I started with artillery before I got good, but now I’m a multi-class Bluenicum. I’d still play artillery and keep spending money on the game occasionally with or without a trajectory view or the weird “Targeted” changes.

Besides.... how would Artillery-only players be a major source of income for WG?? Hmmm? They’ve already bought all 4 premium artillery and there’s no promises they’ll make any new ones. There’s only 5 different lines to grind that one could free XP through(if they so desired).

To suggest that WG is deliberately giving unfair advantages to Arty for the sake of taking their money is probably one of most facepalm things I’ve read all day. Git Gud or Git Rekt! :trollface:

TennisMan56 #15 Posted 14 September 2018 - 08:53 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21938 battles
  • [STDZ]

View PostBrogueOne, on 14 September 2018 - 07:19 PM, said:

Exactly... I’ve previously scored my fair share of Arty shots under bridges and through windows.... the only thing that’s changed is that now you’re better able to judge whether or not that particular shot is worth the risk.

And for those of you who don’t play artillery, but still want to complain about it..... the trajectory view actually makes it harder to know how well aimed you are because your aim circle doesn’t always come fully into view like it does in top down view. In top down you can see your entire aim circle as it closes in, but trajectory view only lets you see about half of it depending on the terrain. All it does is give you a better idea of what’s between you and your target, it doesn’t actually improve aimtime or accuracy..... 0.86 is still 0.86 and that window you’re trying to shoot through is still only 0.2m wide.

Total agree with you on this BrogueOne, this also means they can't move or it is a total miss. If the salt flowed before wait till the true arty players get even better with the new system we will need larger oceans to catch the tears. I play it to understand the mechanics to avoid it as much as possible. If I get taking out with one shot, I get mad, get over it, then send the arty a nice shot message. Life is to short to get mad and start another arty hater thread.

P.S. I do not mind arty it is a part of the game.

Edited by TennisMan56, 14 September 2018 - 08:54 PM.

Sgt Becket FEAR #16 Posted 14 September 2018 - 08:58 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10143 battles
  • [ROSA]
If an arty has a shot on me, I deserve to get hit for being careless.

Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

BDaddy Cheno #17 Posted 14 September 2018 - 09:09 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21525 battles
  • [SPSR]

View Poststeelheadclan, on 14 September 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

View Poststeelheadclan, on 14 September 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

You rang? :trollface:
"I'm going to deal with this the only way us Bundys know how----with swift and blinding violence." -----Kelly Bundy

gigagram #18 Posted 14 September 2018 - 10:25 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 8809 battles

View PostBrogueOne, on 14 September 2018 - 08:20 PM, said:

What does that even mean? I started with artillery before I got good, but now I’m a multi-class Bluenicum. I’d still play artillery and keep spending money on the game occasionally with or without a trajectory view or the weird “Targeted” changes.

Besides.... how would Artillery-only players be a major source of income for WG?? Hmmm? They’ve already bought all 4 premium artillery and there’s no promises they’ll make any new ones. There’s only 5 different lines to grind that one could free XP through(if they so desired).

To suggest that WG is deliberately giving unfair advantages to Arty for the sake of taking their money is probably one of most facepalm things I’ve read all day. Git Gud or Git Rekt! :trollface:

You are also one person.  I am also guessing, but my guess is based upon talking to three older, i.e, 50+, players who each said they like artillery because it is easier/more "laid back."  

I assume you have your theory on why arty sniper view does not trigger "targeted" like all the other classes, thereby giving arty a significant advantage?  Let's hear it.  Just to save time: Your reason is the most facepalm thing I've (will) read all day.  

Cheers!  

Pit Friend #19 Posted 14 September 2018 - 11:30 PM

Major

• Players
  • 30141 battles
  • [PTATO]
Dynamic gameplay! :sceptic:

I hope to one day be wealthy enough to be considered eccentric rather than just plain nuts.  

BrogueOne #20 Posted 14 September 2018 - 11:38 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 20268 battles
  • [ELDER]

View Postgigagram, on 14 September 2018 - 10:25 PM, said:

You are also one person.  I am also guessing, but my guess is based upon talking to three older, i.e, 50+, players who each said they like artillery because it is easier/more "laid back."  

I assume you have your theory on why arty sniper view does not trigger "targeted" like all the other classes, thereby giving arty a significant advantage?  Let's hear it.  Just to save time: Your reason is the most facepalm thing I've (will) read all day.  

Cheers!  

I’m 38. A large number of players are my age and older(50+ included) according to some recent-ish forum polls, though I acknowledge the forums aren’t necessarily representative of the entire player base. 

I dont really have a theory about why Artillery suddenly stopped triggering “Targeted”.  But that started before 4.6 (maybe 4.4/4.5?)and the new trajectory view.  My best guess is that it’s a mistake.... but it’s a mistake that they haven’t yet figured out how to fix without completely buggering up something else(look what happened in 4.6 with the repair wheel).  What I really mean is that it’s a result of some bad programming... not some sort of nefarious agenda to stealth buff artillery. 

I dont think of it as a “significant advantage” though..... If I’m sitting anywhere where Artillery can hit me it doesn’t matter if I know I’m Targeted or not because I’ll get shot regardless if I’m not actively attempting to avoid it. But that’s just me I guess. As somebody who plays all classes in a heavy rotation, I haven’t noticed any appreciable difference in my rates of either getting hit by artillery OR in my hit ratio in artillery....... maybe I’m just happy to play and don’t notice these things.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users