T26E5 (patriot) vs Chrysler

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

BreezyModsGtA #1 Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:27 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2423 battles

Anyone own both? I prefer the T26E5 as a whole but the Chrysler has AP as standard which is nice because the T26E5 has APCR as standard and it ricochets ALOT mainly because the guns not accurate enough to zero in on frontal weakspots but also because APCR doesn’t have the same normalization angle as AP. In my opinion this problem is the #1 reason why the T26E5 is not op; it’s alittle frustrating tbh I bought it to be an asset when I’m bottom tier and I am but when it comes down to it the T26E5 is not that much better than a Russian heavy when it’s bottom tier. I don’t like tanks that can auto aim and wreck everything when they’re top tier but struggle to pen frontal weakspots when they’re bottom tier as it rewards players that suicide and switch tanks when they’re bottom tier in a game. 

Keep in mind I like the tank and I’m very effective with it I just hate how it’s known as a “penetrator” (giggity)

Sgt Becket FEAR #2 Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10143 battles
  • [ROSA]

Patriot is just a big medium to be honest...which I like over "real" Heavies because mobility is always better than armor imo.

It suffers from Tier 8 syndrome though so it does not leave my garage that much.

Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

KilroyWasHere17 #3 Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:45 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12297 battles
I have both and enjoy them both a lot. Statistically i perform a lot better in the Chrysler. While my number are pretty solid in the Patriot the Chryslers are just the much beter. The tanks also play alot differently so it keeps it fun switching between the two.

Pontiac Pat #4 Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:49 PM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 20606 battles
  • [47R]
^^^Yup, both great tanks but with different play styles.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

MASHMAN 90 #5 Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:50 PM

Major

• Players
  • 28668 battles
Patriot no contest really, a "better" T32. Chrysler needs Gold Ammo to pen another Chrysler and same pen as T32.

Youtube

Twitter

Grovyle from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

The important thing is not how long you live... It's what you accomplish with your life. While I live, I want to shine. I want to prove that I exist. If I could do something really important... That would definitely carry on into the future.

BreezyModsGtA #6 Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:34 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2423 battles
Does the apcr bother you guys though? I’d rather have 20mm less pen and ap than more pen and apcr. Normalization is real I have bounced off patriots with cheap apcr and tiger 2’s with expensive apcr both shots to flattest parts it’s the upper plate. I know it’s better to shoot weakspots but with the rate of fire and not the best accuracy sometimes it’s better to fire a Hail Mary than aim/expose

Sgt Becket FEAR #7 Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:43 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10143 battles
  • [ROSA]

Not really...no xDDD

I prefer higher velocity rounds and I am use to Rosa's APCR so it is not that big of a deal to me.

Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

BreezyModsGtA #8 Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:44 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2423 battles

View PostMASHMAN 90, on 14 September 2018 - 03:50 PM, said:

Patriot no contest really, a "better" T32. Chrysler needs Gold Ammo to pen another Chrysler and same pen as T32.

T32 main advantage is it can face hug and bounce with its hull also has better pen with 90mm apcr not that it matters much; I don’t have a problem firing premium out of premiums as long as they’re accurate enough to hit you should still profit fine unfortunately.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users