Please buff HP for AMX Chaffee

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Poll: Please buff HP for AMX Chaffee (79 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Good idea?

1. Yes (61 votes [77.22%])

Percentage of vote: 77.22%

2. No (18 votes [22.78%])

Percentage of vote: 22.78%

Vote Hide poll

P6X330 #21 Posted 25 March 2019 - 01:03 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15298 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostPumpkinEcobar, on 24 March 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

Thats why I use premium gas on mine. The low top speed isn't bad with good acceleration. 

I am cheap.... I don't use enhancers. Come to think of it, yesterday I was asking myself that very question; should I try 105 octane gas in it....

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

P6X330 #22 Posted 25 March 2019 - 01:08 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15298 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostDUBIOUSrepair, on 24 March 2019 - 10:22 PM, said:

Keep the 600 HP and keep the same gun, just be more nimble on the battlefield?

Still makes the tank pretty unforgiving.

That too... I was suggesting the power ratio, because WG usually don't ever touch premium tanks once they are issued.

They made an exception with the AMX Chaffee, because of the preferred match making which was probably an issue for the sustaining. I have not confirmed it, but I have a strong feeling this was the driver for bumping it to Tier VII without any modification. Slapping a +10% Crew XP to compensate, but no other change.

But with the Mercenaries and their spaced armor, the AMX Chaffee has become very difficult to play to anyone that has not a good bit of experience in the game, and a good crew in the tank.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

AJH387 #23 Posted 25 March 2019 - 01:13 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15218 battles
  • [HLCAT]
The tank is a dust-collector for me. I feel like this tank has never made sense. I realize the old TT Chaffee was similar but that honestly made 0 sense either. I realize it was a fun challenge at the time and the AMX sort of a similar type of deal, but it just is not worth it. 1 mistake and you are done and I just think there are better options. It seems to slow, the gun is average and the hitpoints are low. There is that handful of players who like that challenge or will enjoy that.

Edited by AJH387, 25 March 2019 - 01:46 PM.

P6X330 #24 Posted 25 March 2019 - 01:21 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15298 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostAJH387, on 25 March 2019 - 07:13 AM, said:

The tank is a dust-collector for me. I feel like this tank has never made sense. I realize the old Chaffee was similar but that honestly made 0 sense either. I realize it was a fun challenge at the time and the AMX sort of a similar type of deal, but it just is not worth it. 1 mistake and you are done and I just think there are better options. It seems to slow, the gun is average and the hitpoints are low. There is that handful of players who like that challenge or will enjoy that.

What you evoke is the very reason why some players love the AMX Chaffee; because it requires special skills to GG in it.

Now that you mention that, it has been a long time since I have seen one of the so-called "Unicum" play one live in a stream....

Occasionally, I see on in battle, I mean, my AMX Chaffee has 1.5 MM XP on it. But I have not been able to be consistent. It seems that to obtain some results, I need to be completely passive, and cross my fingers to be with a good team.

I used to platoon with good players, and playing the AMX Chaffee was a breeze. Because I just had to stay back, and pounce. That was back when it was still a Tier VI.

DUBIOUSrepair #25 Posted 25 March 2019 - 02:44 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27543 battles
  • [LYCAN]

View PostP6X330, on 25 March 2019 - 09:08 AM, said:

That too... I was suggesting the power ratio, because WG usually don't ever touch premium tanks once they are issued.

They made an exception with the AMX Chaffee, because of the preferred match making which was probably an issue for the sustaining. I have not confirmed it, but I have a strong feeling this was the driver for bumping it to Tier VII without any modification. Slapping a +10% Crew XP to compensate, but no other change.

But with the Mercenaries and their spaced armor, the AMX Chaffee has become very difficult to play to anyone that has not a good bit of experience in the game, and a good crew in the tank.

I can appreciate what your saying, and I sense  you are kinda reinforcing my point. As a crew trainer, it has 2 fundamental flaws. 1) Only very well trained crews can play well in it and, 2) it does not allow for ANY mistakes. The second point is heavily augmented by the first.

Imagine playing this thing without Sixth Sense or BIA, let alone a crew less than 100% mastery.

This tank needs those skills plus recon, and situational awareness, and camo AND relaying to be really effective. Camo net, binocs and coated optics for equipment. Those skills are pretty specific for this tank, so only specific crews can be swapped in and out without getting expensive. For me, this tends to negate the ability for this thing to be a crew trainer.

For the record, I have one. And I find it difficult to play well. Poor teams on the red side help, but I am simply out classed when facing off against other tier VII's. The Lycan and Sp. PZ 1C are good examples. More HP, better base view range and more armor. Sure it can train both French & American crews, but by the time they are able to be put into this thing and be reasonably effective, they don't need the training anymore.

To be clear, its not a bad tank, in my opinion it could use some love to make it better at what is supposed to do, first and foremost a crew trainer.

AJH387 #26 Posted 25 March 2019 - 03:00 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15218 battles
  • [HLCAT]

View PostDUBIOUSrepair, on 25 March 2019 - 09:44 AM, said:

I can appreciate what your saying, and I sense  you are kinda reinforcing my point. As a crew trainer, it has 2 fundamental flaws. 1) Only very well trained crews can play well in it and, 2) it does not allow for ANY mistakes. The second point is heavily augmented by the first.

Imagine playing this thing without Sixth Sense or BIA, let alone a crew less than 100% mastery.

This tank needs those skills plus recon, and situational awareness, and camo AND relaying to be really effective. Camo net, binocs and coated optics for equipment. Those skills are pretty specific for this tank, so only specific crews can be swapped in and out without getting expensive. For me, this tends to negate the ability for this thing to be a crew trainer.

For the record, I have one. And I find it difficult to play well. Poor teams on the red side help, but I am simply out classed when facing off against other tier VII's. The Lycan and Sp. PZ 1C are good examples. More HP, better base view range and more armor. Sure it can train both French & American crews, but by the time they are able to be put into this thing and be reasonably effective, they don't need the training anymore.

To be clear, its not a bad tank, in my opinion it could use some love to make it better at what is supposed to do, first and foremost a crew trainer.

Well said

enjamio #27 Posted 25 March 2019 - 03:10 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 19029 battles
  • [YOLLO]

View PostP6X330, on 25 March 2019 - 02:21 PM, said:

What you evoke is the very reason why some players love the AMX Chaffee; because it requires special skills to GG in it.

Now that you mention that, it has been a long time since I have seen one of the so-called "Unicum" play one live in a stream....

Occasionally, I see on in battle, I mean, my AMX Chaffee has 1.5 MM XP on it. But I have not been able to be consistent. It seems that to obtain some results, I need to be completely passive, and cross my fingers to be with a good team.

I used to platoon with good players, and playing the AMX Chaffee was a breeze. Because I just had to stay back, and pounce. That was back when it was still a Tier VI.

It was fun when you had to face teir 10. After its change on MM, it is a regular light tank, nice acceleration, nice view range, amazing accuracy on movement. On the other hand it has , low top speed, and low HP. The best armor light tank has is its speed, if you go to 70km/h, doesn¨t matter your armor or your HP, but in this case, no top speed and low HP so it is a big problem for the tank.

I have almost3 million XP on it, and 900 battles. I three marked it when i had 300 battles, and now it is at 96%, not funny for me now, but i play it everyday for the X2 exp to keep on training my experimented crews.

It needs a buff, on HP or in top speed, but i dont think so it will get it.

Equipment, vents and optics +stab. In any light, it is mandatory equiped with vents and optics, the third equipment can be, gun rammer or stab.

In my channel you can find some videos about chaffee, not too many news because i only play 1 or 2 battles per day on it.

Light tanks are the most difficult tanks to play, you have to be experimented an really smart on the battle, understand the map and know what will happen in the next minutes of the battle.

I guess you know him but i reccomend you see the youtuber, The Turkey Tank, he is really nice carrying light tanks. In my channel you will find a lot of content with lights or medium spotter tanks, maybe it can help you.

Edited by enjamio, 25 March 2019 - 03:14 PM.

3 MOE : T-10, Hammer, Caernarvon, AMX 50 100, Tiger P, IS-3,Tiger II, T25/2, T 28 proto, Krafts Panther, Panther, ARL 44, Type 64, AMX Chafee, AMX 13 90, T-54 light, WZ-132, Sp. Pz.1 C,T-34-88, Legion, GUP, Conqueror, HWK12, T-54, Revalorise, VK.30.01.P, E50, AMX 30, ST-I, Obj.430 II, 50TP Prot., Centennial, Skoda T50.

XPAIN commander (spanish competitive clan): YOUTUBE CHANNEL: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

P6X330 #28 Posted 25 March 2019 - 04:10 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15298 battles
  • [AMXS]

View Postenjamio, on 25 March 2019 - 09:10 AM, said:

It was fun when you had to face teir 10. After its change on MM, it is a regular light tank, nice acceleration, nice view range, amazing accuracy on movement. On the other hand it has , low top speed, and low HP. The best armor light tank has is its speed, if you go to 70km/h, doesn¨t matter your armor or your HP, but in this case, no top speed and low HP so it is a big problem for the tank.

I have almost3 million XP on it, and 900 battles. I three marked it when i had 300 battles, and now it is at 96%, not funny for me now, but i play it everyday for the X2 exp to keep on training my experimented crews.

It needs a buff, on HP or in top speed, but i dont think so it will get it.

Equipment, vents and optics +stab. In any light, it is mandatory equiped with vents and optics, the third equipment can be, gun rammer or stab.

In my channel you can find some videos about chaffee, not too many news because i only play 1 or 2 battles per day on it.

Light tanks are the most difficult tanks to play, you have to be experimented an really smart on the battle, understand the map and know what will happen in the next minutes of the battle.

I guess you know him but i reccomend you see the youtuber, The Turkey Tank, he is really nice carrying light tanks. In my channel you will find a lot of content with lights or medium spotter tanks, maybe it can help you.

Both games are very good; you play on a different level than mine.

I never run out of ammunition on my AMX Chaffee.... lol...

enjamio #29 Posted 25 March 2019 - 04:30 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 19029 battles
  • [YOLLO]

It is not such complicated, first minutes take a spote position, sometimes behind a bush and sometimes using a mountain to cover you and spot every 15 seconds.

Then you have to read the map, see where your mates are and where they need your spot. Instead of that, you can find a way to go to enemy line and destroy tanks with low HP. After that, kill the arty, and then spot the rest enemy team. It is easy, well, sometimes tou have to kill the enemy light, and that is the main problem for chafee because, you have 30% less HP, you cant destroy him with a clip, and you dont have the speed to run away or (fade away ?) (Sorry for english) enemy light shots. Autoaim and tou are dead.

3 MOE : T-10, Hammer, Caernarvon, AMX 50 100, Tiger P, IS-3,Tiger II, T25/2, T 28 proto, Krafts Panther, Panther, ARL 44, Type 64, AMX Chafee, AMX 13 90, T-54 light, WZ-132, Sp. Pz.1 C,T-34-88, Legion, GUP, Conqueror, HWK12, T-54, Revalorise, VK.30.01.P, E50, AMX 30, ST-I, Obj.430 II, 50TP Prot., Centennial, Skoda T50.

XPAIN commander (spanish competitive clan): YOUTUBE CHANNEL: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

P6X330 #30 Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:53 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15298 battles
  • [AMXS]

View Postenjamio, on 25 March 2019 - 10:30 AM, said:

It is not such complicated, first minutes take a spote position, sometimes behind a bush and sometimes using a mountain to cover you and spot every 15 seconds.

Then you have to read the map, see where your mates are and where they need your spot. Instead of that, you can find a way to go to enemy line and destroy tanks with low HP. After that, kill the arty, and then spot the rest enemy team. It is easy, well, sometimes tou have to kill the enemy light, and that is the main problem for chafee because, you have 30% less HP, you cant destroy him with a clip, and you dont have the speed to run away or (fade away ?) (Sorry for english) enemy light shots. Autoaim and tou are dead.

I know what you mean. And I am a very rational person too. But each time the battle starts, I seem to forget how to play, then I have shaky hands and I miss the targets and what not.

Your English is good enough, don't worry about it. I understood everything you said.

I do not auto-aim, but I am super slow to aim. I don't have smooth movement of my right thumb, so I am always missing my shots. But I am fine, I still have fun.

Orbtastic1 #31 Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 40696 battles
  • [UK]
Needs a health buff now it's Tier 7 and all the other lights are in the game. I think when it first came there were only about 4 other lights in the game so it was an outlier.

Edited by Orbtastic1, 28 March 2019 - 08:22 AM.

P6X330 #32 Posted 27 March 2019 - 12:15 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15298 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostOrbtastic1, on 26 March 2019 - 07:04 AM, said:

Needs a health buff now it's Tier 7 and all the other lights are in the game. I think when it first came there was only about 4 other lights in the game so it was an outlier.

Changing anything other than putting it back to Tier VI or the like would be opening a can of worms.

A general outcry for all the other Premium tanks requiring changes.... I think we should make the best of the AMX Chaffee as is. That bump to Tier VII should have come with some Silver multiplier too. Even if a minimal one.

Edited by P6X330, 27 March 2019 - 12:15 PM.

Wroclaw #33 Posted 30 March 2019 - 10:09 PM

Major

• Players
  • 53774 battles

View PostP6X330, on 27 March 2019 - 12:15 PM, said:

Changing anything other than putting it back to Tier VI or the like would be opening a can of worms.

^ so what ^  - its obvious that the Trex, 5/4 & 131 all have too much health. it skews their performance for their tier.

theres no debate to the above.

just like you cant debate the Chaffee having the lowest health pool out of tier 7 lights.

Edited by Wroclaw, 30 March 2019 - 10:09 PM.

BlahCarnivore6 #34 Posted 13 June 2019 - 05:26 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9591 battles
  • [12PZR]
If you had to choose, 50 HP or 50 HP?

50 Horse Power

Or

50 Health Points

Funktastic Ed #35 Posted 13 June 2019 - 05:15 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18226 battles

View PostWroclaw, on 30 March 2019 - 10:09 PM, said:

^ so what ^  - its obvious that the Trex, 5/4 & 131 all have too much health. it skews their performance for their tier.

just like you cant debate the Chaffee having the lowest health pool out of tier 7 lights.

Combined with the worst engine, so you only have 600HP and can't run away in case you have to…

In fact it is just good on engame attacks (if you are in the right team) and static scouting with binoculars.

having 6 round clip is the only true good thing about this tank…

reminds me how i miiss when all french light tanks had 6 round clips.

"Idiots dare everything, that's how you really know they are."

P6X330 #36 Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:00 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15298 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostFunktastic Ed, on 13 June 2019 - 11:15 AM, said:

Combined with the worst engine, so you only have 600HP and can't run away in case you have to…

In fact it is just good on engame attacks (if you are in the right team) and static scouting with binoculars.

having 6 round clip is the only true good thing about this tank…

reminds me how i miiss when all french light tanks had 6 round clips.

Roger that! the AMX 12t as a 6 shooter was simply pure Gold!

John Arrowsmith #37 Posted 13 June 2019 - 10:30 PM

Major

• Players
  • 75068 battles

View PostFunktastic Ed, on 05 November 2018 - 03:20 PM, said:

This is why nobody wanted this tank, except some fools that regretted it right after, or super players…

A one shot free target tank who would want to invest in it, at tier IX it is still two shot free target

Again…

We Don't care if some great players do well in a tank, Wargaming should not either, you can't make balancing by taking what the best players do as a measurement,

Because most players are average.

False i had some top tier games in it, totally unbalanced i give you that, against tier IV it was party time, this is why i recommend reducing its clip size.

I didn't play in a platoon since two or thee years ago, the friends i played with stopped playing thios game, or stopped playing on console.

Still i mage to finish nuber 1 in a lot of games i play with the Chaffee, Two problems :

1- I have to put very high skilled crews in it, or else it behaves really bad, so this contradict its rôle of training tank.

2- I can't play it as a true scout, i camp a lot in it, i only do passive scouting wich is frustrating.

people did want the tank,   it was kind of compensation for the removal of the original Chaffee.

It wouldn't hurt once I  a while if people researched what they intend to purchase rather than  pick up a tank that used to require  a high skill level to maximize it's potential.

The tank has received a substantial buff since 1st released,  it no longer sees T10.

World of tanks Auto lock edition,  because aiming shouldn't be a skill.

John Arrowsmith #38 Posted 13 June 2019 - 10:34 PM

Major

• Players
  • 75068 battles

View PostWroclaw, on 30 March 2019 - 10:09 PM, said:

The problem is it's not suppose to be  T7 and it's supposed to see T10

John Arrowsmith #39 Posted 13 June 2019 - 10:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 75068 battles
The best solution would be to bring back +3mm.:popcorn:

P6X330 #40 Posted 14 June 2019 - 12:04 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15298 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostJohn Arrowsmith, on 13 June 2019 - 04:35 PM, said:

The best solution would be to bring back +3mm.:popcorn:

But they will not do it, since each time they needed to rework the match making code, the AMX Chaffee made everything more complicated, being the sole +3, they had to make some additional modification.

So they got rid of the problem by pushing it one Tier up, like everyone else. I sill enjoy mine the way it is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users