why I think world of tanks is dying

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

JollyGorilla98 #1 Posted 19 September 2018 - 02:01 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 21295 battles

why is world of tanks dying well I say fake tanks, skinned tanks like the freedom maps being taking away every time , mercenaries 

although I like the skins  instead of three or two of the same premium tank just have the one premium and make it so the skins are in a op this will save space for new tanks like the soviet t-35 which we have not got or the m60.

fake takes are just pointless because you could be driving a t95 and you get killed by a waffentrager e-100 strait away how come fake tanks a 10x powerful than real tanks 

maps getting taken away left right and centre is also annoying because then there are just no maps in the map rotation 

mercenaries are just a waste of space and time

korbendallas-01 #2 Posted 19 September 2018 - 02:53 AM

Major

• Players
  • 38809 battles
  • [GER_1]

View PostJollyGorilla98, on 19 September 2018 - 03:01 AM, said:

although I like the skins instead of three or two of the same premium tank just have the one premium and make it so the skins are in a op this will save space for new tanks like the soviet t-35 which we have not got or the m60.

I don't see the issue with reskins. They are cheap, make money, and can easily be ignored for anyone not interested.

The alternative seems to be pay-to-win tanks.

fake takes are just pointless because you could be driving a t95 and you get killed by a waffentrager e-100 strait away how come fake tanks a 10x powerful than real tanks

Most tanks in the game are "fake", and all tanks behave different than they would in real life. It's not a simulation, it's a game.

maps getting taken away left right and centre is also annoying because then there are just no maps in the map rotation

I think they add a lot of maps too, and I think console-exclusive maps really well done.

mercenaries are just a waste of space and time

Speak for yourself. I think we could do without them, but some people might like them.

Warthog II #3 Posted 19 September 2018 - 05:51 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 39359 battles
  • [KMD]

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 19 September 2018 - 02:53 AM, said:

The alternative seems to be pay-to-win tanks.

I think they add a lot of maps too, and I think console-exclusive maps really well done.

Speak for yourself. I think we could do without them, but some people might like them.

Fortnite makes $ off off purely cosmetic stuff.

PC has camo options for turret, hull, etc.   

-a patron system of special historically accurate camo options might not be a bad idea.

------$10 for whatever division's camo during some campaign and you can put them on, say, 4 tanks as a seasonal option.

Console-exclusive maps, really well done.  That's one way to put it.

I'm at best indifferent about Merc tanks, I'd rather have Polish, Italian, or a grab bag of other nations.   There's more than a few that are turned off by Merc tanks, there's a good chance they out-number those that "might like them."

Some people claim Ensk should be tier restricted.   I don't believe their lies. 

Sovietdeath #4 Posted 19 September 2018 - 07:35 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 14971 battles

View PostJollyGorilla98, on 18 September 2018 - 09:01 PM, said:

You do know there are relatively few maps missing anymore, so how many maps are still out of rotation. Technically there are tons more maps then PC available right now on the servers.

sledge6301 #5 Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:17 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 44971 battles
  • [PIRAI]

Dead but recurected as world of mercenarys.

now we see a glims of what the furure will do to the game and it is for sure overwhelming.

With the 50 gb limit liftoff there is no limitations to what this game whatsoever we see the begining so it will be hach for us being used as ginny pigs bur i can assure you it is not dead.

Future is probbley a mercenary mode and a historic mode because of the limit in WWII tanks it has a end so by intruducing mercenarys it will never end if they do it right.

Right for us is not in there minds now we are expendables and we pay to help them finetune the new mercenary platform.

I am fine with it i just need to wrap my mind around the seen facts and try to understand where the ride is taking me.

HaydnSym45 #6 Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:38 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24974 battles
They’ve restored the majority of the maps that were taken out, and one more thi week even, so I don’t see this as a valid complaint.

Merc tanks - I don’t have a problem with them. It is kind of nice to have a secondary earn op always running. And I’ve got no problem shooting them either. “Not historical” - like some tank that a German leuitenent sketched on the back of a napkin in 1945 is “historical”? Here’s my issue: we’ve got tons of peapple whining “we’re too much like PC” and “we need content” - the Mercs are both, love em or hate em. So what’s the big deal? The Waffle is (to the extent it existed at all) an AA flak gun - is it really any different? At least you’ve got more tanks.

One nice thing about the Mercs is they give you a permanent garage slot + option for a free semi-premium tank of the type and tier you choose. That’s not a bad thing when it comes to earn ops like the current one.

Just my two cents. Of course I’d rather see a Polish line or the new premium as a Hungarian line or an Israeli line. But they’ve literally released 15 brand new non-reskin tanks this month, so it isn’t like they’re just twiddling their thumbs as Rome burns.

killer etzi0 #7 Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:44 PM

Major

• Players
  • 50919 battles
  • [47R]
well, if it's "dying" this one of the darnedest longest game on "life support" that I've ever heard of. Na, I think WoT is going to be around for a long long long time. And will we always have the standard expected gnashing of teeth when new things are rolled out and current things get changed/balanced.

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

Ronald Reagan

HaydnSym45 #8 Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:59 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24974 battles

View Postkiller etzi0, on 19 September 2018 - 12:44 PM, said:

well, if it's "dying" this one of the darnedest longest game on "life support" that I've ever heard of. Na, I think WoT is going to be around for a long long long time. And will we always have the standard expected gnashing of teeth when new things are rolled out and current things get changed/balanced.

^^^ +1

steelheadclan #9 Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:46 PM

Major

• Players
  • 13686 battles

View PostWarthog II, on 18 September 2018 - 09:51 PM, said:

Fortnite makes $ off off purely cosmetic stuff.

PC has camo options for turret, hull, etc.   

-a patron system of special historically accurate camo options might not be a bad idea.

------$10 for whatever division's camo during some campaign and you can put them on, say, 4 tanks as a seasonal option.

Console-exclusive maps, really well done.  That's one way to put it.

I'm at best indifferent about Merc tanks, I'd rather have Polish, Italian, or a grab bag of other nations.   There's more than a few that are turned off by Merc tanks, there's a good chance they out-number those that "might like them."

Yes

Less of this merc tank stuff, more TT lines. 

French heavies, polish and Italian tanks and new ruskie tanks. 

bulldogfrag #10 Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:18 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16321 battles
  • [ARROW]
The loss of player base is what's killing WoT slowly. It's the same grind day in and day out wargaming needs to do something other than adding some reskinned IS3s. One suggestion that has been repeatedly asked is when are you going to release clan wars and all we get is the sound of crickets. I can only speak for the PS4 side of the house what's the point of getting a tier 10 tank joining a clan? If you have a friend's list and use PS4 chat you don't. Clan wars made having tier 10 tanks relevant and joining a good clan mean something. Right now that can't even get competition work right. Maybe instead of reskinning another IS3 it's time to focus on something that will totally keep the player base engaged and a reason to spend their hard earned money working toward tier 10s. That's my two cents worth.

Moochkin_88 #11 Posted 08 October 2018 - 05:54 PM

Private

• Players
  • 2543 battles
Personally I feel like the infraction are use of premium ammo is what is sucking most of the fun out of the game. It's beyond frustrating to know how to use your tanks armour to hold a choke point etc only to see the people with 100% prem loadouts ignore the strengths of your tank.

I feel they ruin the balance and take away from tactical gameplay.

I do t want to see them removed, only changed. Maybe a limit to how many you can take. Them doing lower damage or not counting towards xp (or a much smaller amount) and don't count towards marks of excellence.

I know lots of people won't agree but that's my thoughts

deadman1921 #12 Posted 08 October 2018 - 06:24 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21743 battles
  • [-STO-]

They need to introduce a new mode. Grand Royale or whatever it's called.

Combine a bunch of maps together and have 100 tank free for all. 

Drop details, tiers etc can be worked out.

May draw in the fortnite minded crowd

Soldiers of the One

G4M1NGD4DDY #13 Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:32 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 166 battles
I would like to see a 'hardcore mode'. Let's just call it that for the moment. A mode where the enemy isn't highlighted with a red silhouette. The only highlighted tanks with a silhouette would be your green teammates. There could be similar changes such as not allowing premium ammo. Silver and experience multipliers would also be increased. Just a few ideas.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users