Jump to content


F224 AMX Chaffee vs tier 7 premium LT - what's worth?

comparision of tanks -

  • Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

PiwoMojePaliwo #1 Posted 21 September 2018 - 08:35 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 18973 battles
  • 76
  • [-WTH-]
  • Member since:
    01-02-2016

Hi,

 

Some day I bought AMX Chaffee do to good view range as on tier 6, good crew training.

 

After last update it is tier 7 LT. I've compared tier 7 light tanks from game.

 

Then....

HP: 600 vs..... 840-950.

Slowest.

2nd worst penetration.

2nd worst DPM.

Same view range as other tanks.

 

So now it is premium tier 7 worst light tank....worth absolutly nothing...

Tier change gave as only loses.
And ain't got any chance vs other tier 7 LT.

 

I kindly ask to take a look....specialy our WG Community.
Maybe you remember what happen to AMX 13-90 after tier change?

 

 

I've put some colors on rows - hit points, speed limit, penetration1 (base ammo), DPM (Damage Per Minute).

Red = worst

Orange = penultimate / second worst

Green = best.

 

  F224 AMX Chaffee AMX 13 57 Lycan T71 Type 62 Aufklärungspanzer Panther
Tier VII VII VII VII VII
Nation France France USA China Germany
Hit Points 600 890 840 880 950
Engine power 560 250 420 430 900
Speed limit 56 61 64,4 60 60
Traverse speed 56 48 56 54 40
Turret trawerse speed 46 45 42 48 44
Ammo 48 72 60 47 81
Damege 1 135 90 150 180 135
Damage 2 135 90 150 180 135
Damege 3 175 - 185 300 -
Armor Pentration 1 144 143 175 145 157
Armor Pentration 2 202 195 210 220 221
Armor Pentration 3 38 - 38 43 -
RoF 12,86 20 11,25 10,91 17,65
DPM 1736 1800 1688 1964 2383
Aim Time 2,3 2,3 2,1 2,3 2
Dispersion @ 100m 0,36 0,37 0,39 0,37 0,34
View range 390 390 400 390 400
Silver Bonus - 40 20 40 40
XP Bonus 60 25 25 25 25
Crew XP Bonus 20 - - - -

Edited by PiwoMojePaliwo, 21 September 2018 - 09:16 AM.


PiwoMojePaliwo #2 Posted 21 September 2018 - 08:46 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 18973 battles
  • 76
  • [-WTH-]
  • Member since:
    01-02-2016

I kindly ask everyone who think the same to put your answer:

I'm same opinion / yes, right.



RussoB4lt #3 Posted 21 September 2018 - 08:47 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 41268 battles
  • 3,283
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014

Little Chaffee... 600 xp only(

7 level ))

everyone loves to ram it



 


DwarfOnDrugs #4 Posted 21 September 2018 - 08:56 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27466 battles
  • 1,572
  • [-UNL-]
  • Member since:
    03-12-2014

tbh i played the tank yesterday i think. i noticed its HP was really low. Didn’t think about playing it again

It needs 

 -More HP

-More penetration

 

after that i would say it is a pretty good tank. not Lycan level but still good.


(And yes i do need a new banner i can't be bothered to change it yet)

https://www.youtube....GOV0Ca_kQVSX2-w


RussoB4lt #5 Posted 21 September 2018 - 09:01 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 41268 battles
  • 3,283
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014

View PostPiwoMojePaliwo, on 21 September 2018 - 11:46 AM, said:

I kindly ask everyone who think the same to put your answer:

I'm same opinion / yes, right.

 

Yes


 


l MagnaNeko l #6 Posted 21 September 2018 - 09:07 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 56060 battles
  • 434
  • [NYAN-]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013
The amx Chaffee should be a tier 6 with normal lights mm . With maybe some balance changes

RAD FROOD 25 #7 Posted 21 September 2018 - 12:04 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 18147 battles
  • 1,098
  • [PF201]
  • Member since:
    04-26-2014
Completely agree I haven't touched the thing since they hurled the nerf bat really hard at it, so much so that it went up an entire tier

JelliedPenny08 #8 Posted 21 September 2018 - 12:06 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 12701 battles
  • 3,550
  • Member since:
    06-07-2014

If you don't have the Lycan it has been.in store and earnable for the last few years around Halloween (end October). 

 

I like the AMX Chaffee, but think it could do with something. I actually think that a little extra pick up on acceleration might help it. The HP is very low though for a tier 7. I am bad in light tanks though.  :)



vedder7 #9 Posted 21 September 2018 - 12:09 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 31058 battles
  • 303
  • Member since:
    12-06-2015
WG from US don't understand this game. On pc they don't nerf premium tanks.  But children from USA are happy that they can ride Frankenstein(mercenary tanks).

korbendallas-01 #10 Posted 21 September 2018 - 01:37 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 41520 battles
  • 6,524
  • [GER_1]
  • Member since:
    05-15-2016

View PostPiwoMojePaliwo, on 21 September 2018 - 09:35 AM, said:

Some day I bought AMX Chaffee do to good view range as on tier 6, good crew training.

After last update it is tier 7 LT. I've compared tier 7 light tanks from game.

 

Nothing changed for the tank, except that it gets a bit less XP. It sees exactly the same opponents, matchmaking did not change one bit.

 

I don't think your comparison is telling the whole story. First of all, the Lycan is basically a tier VIII with PMM, and op at that (it used to drive against tier X tanks, and was popular even then). No point comparing any other tier VII scout against it. AMX Chaffee threads pop up every second day, so let's take a closer look.

 

France: You left out the most obvious comparison: AMX 13 75. The AMX Chaffee has 50 % more clip damage, a better DPM and 20 m more view range. I gladly cope with the low health to get this kind of firepower plus scouting ability. The AMX 13 57 has a very comparable gun in terms of aiming and DPM, but less clip damage. It also has (on PC, can't find numbers for console) a low maximum damage and 56 % of the AMX Chaffee's P/W ratio. Last but not least, the 13 57 costs a lot more in terms of real money.

 

I haven't driven the 13 57, but it looks like a novelty item, and I mean that in a positive way: It looks interesting. Incidentally, I bought the AMX Chaffee when I became interested in buying the 13 57, found that they are pretty similar but the AMX Chaffee is cheaper.

 

USA: The gun is better for both T71s, camo value and P/W ratio are worse. I frankly don't see much of a difference, except for the higher DPM of the single shot gun. The CMCD is quick, almost to quick: It's much easier to put it on the side than the AMX Chaffee.

 

China: The WZ's gun is better in terms of penetration and alpha, worse otherwise, with an abysmal DPM. View range is 20 m less, P/W ration is worse than the AMX Chaffee's. The Type 62 has the lowest P/W of the tier, the gun lost a lot of the penetration/alpha advantage but gained a lot DPM.

 

I love my Type 62, but it's a very different animal than the AMX Chaffee. The gun may be the best single-shot scout gun of the tier, but the lack of a clip means that I drive it very differently. If I had to pick one, I'd take the AMX Chaffee, but it's close. I had High Calibers in 0.625 % of my games in the Type 62 against 3.6 % for the AMX Chaffee. Scout medals are 2.5 % in the Type 62, 4.4 % in the AMX Chaffee.

 

Germany: The Aufklärungspanther seems to be better in almost every respect: The gun has better penetration, very high DPM, and if it's anything like the same gun on the VK30, hits very well. Very good view range, something beginning to look like armor and a lot of hit points. P/W is lower, but top speed is higher. Seems to be simply the better tank. Things look better for the AMX Chaffee compared to the SpIC: Its gun is nominally slightly better than the AMX Chaffee's, with the usual single shot bonus to DPM, but has a very low shell velocity. P/W is again lower, top speed is higher.

 

Soviet Union: Lower P/W, higher speed again. Very good camo value, very low view range. The gun has very similar values, ie. bad DPM for a single-shot gun. Some armor. I didn't like it that much, and it's also by far the ugliest tank of the comparison.

 

In summary, I think the AMX Chaffee is at or above most other scouts of the tier, with the exception of the Aufklärungspanther. The clip potential in combination with good view range and camo values makes it a very effective tank. The low HP is the only thing that keeps the tank from completely dominating tier VII games. Add to that the exceptional crew training abilities and I frankly see no need to change the tank.

 

Conclusion: If you want more HP, drive the AMX 13 75. Don't mess with the AMX Chaffee.

 

(Also, I just bought the Aufklärungspanther....)

 

View PostPiwoMojePaliwo, on 21 September 2018 - 09:35 AM, said:

Maybe you remember what happen to AMX 13-90 after tier change?
 

Yeah, I remember. It's my second favorite tier IX scout, only beaten my the T-54 ltwt.



Pontiac Pat #11 Posted 21 September 2018 - 03:04 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 21745 battles
  • 6,037
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    08-11-2014

korben said it well.  The AMX Chaffee does have low hit points, but overall it's fine.  Would I argue if they gave it another 200 health?  Not at all.  That doesn't mean I think it 'needs' it.  It's a tank that teaches you the #1 rule of light tanks.  Don't get hit!

 

As others have said, you can't compare the Lycan as it is actually a tier 8 and needs the same adjustment the AMX Chaffee got. (up tier with XP bonus)


If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe


korbendallas-01 #12 Posted 21 September 2018 - 03:10 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 41520 battles
  • 6,524
  • [GER_1]
  • Member since:
    05-15-2016

View PostPontiac Pat, on 21 September 2018 - 04:04 PM, said:

Would I argue if they gave it another 200 health? Not at all.

 

Would I argue if they improve one of my favorite tanks? Well yes, for two reasons: 1. Out of principle, I don't think it needs a buff. 2. I don't think they would buff the HP without nerfing something else, and I don't want that.

steelheadclan #13 Posted 21 September 2018 - 03:34 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 14335 battles
  • 3,438
  • Member since:
    03-05-2017

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 21 September 2018 - 07:10 AM, said:

 

Would I argue if they improve one of my favorite tanks? Well yes, for two reasons: 1. Out of principle, I don't think it needs a buff. 2. I don't think they would buff the HP without nerfing something else, and I don't want that.

 

that’s what I worry about. 

I’m ok with leaving the Chaffee alone. 

It’s  not as easy to play as awful panther or lycan but that’s one of the reasons it’s special. 

 


 


korbendallas-01 #14 Posted 21 September 2018 - 04:29 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 41520 battles
  • 6,524
  • [GER_1]
  • Member since:
    05-15-2016

BTW, full disclosure: I drive the AMX Chaffee with a full APCR loadout. That had nothing to do with its qualities, I drive all autoloaders with a full APCR loadout unless they carry HEAT. (Further exceptions: VK16 Leopard, which is functionally very different from other autoloaders, Batchât, which can do without HEAT, and Strv m/42-57 for some reason.)

 

The main reason is my own lack of focus: I am reloading frequently, and it happened all the time that I reloaded, ended up with half a magazine of AP, and only noticed when I was suddenly out of shots.

 

On the other hand, I drive several autoloaders with food (best way to boost reload), but I don't on the AMX Chaffee, I don't think it needs it.



Marcinir #15 Posted 21 September 2018 - 05:19 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 27506 battles
  • 58
  • [WIN]
  • Member since:
    03-27-2016
Chaffee needs more HP , speed ,DPM!  I'm disagree with last changes !

korbendallas-01 #16 Posted 21 September 2018 - 05:28 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 41520 battles
  • 6,524
  • [GER_1]
  • Member since:
    05-15-2016

View PostMarcinir, on 21 September 2018 - 06:19 PM, said:

Chaffee needs more HP , speed ,DPM!  I'm disagree with last changes !

 

More DPM?

 

Yeah, right.....



PiwoMojePaliwo #17 Posted 21 September 2018 - 06:34 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 18973 battles
  • 76
  • [-WTH-]
  • Member since:
    01-02-2016

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 21 September 2018 - 01:37 PM, said:

 

Nothing changed for the tank, except that it gets a bit less XP. It sees exactly the same opponents, matchmaking did not change one bit.

 

I don't think your comparison is telling the whole story. First of all, the Lycan is basically a tier VIII with PMM, and op at that (it used to drive against tier X tanks, and was popular even then). No point comparing any other tier VII scout against it. AMX Chaffee threads pop up every second day, so let's take a closer look.

 

France: You left out the most obvious comparison: AMX 13 75. The AMX Chaffee has 50 % more clip damage, a better DPM and 20 m more view range. I gladly cope with the low health to get this kind of firepower plus scouting ability. The AMX 13 57 has a very comparable gun in terms of aiming and DPM, but less clip damage. It also has (on PC, can't find numbers for console) a low maximum damage and 56 % of the AMX Chaffee's P/W ratio. Last but not least, the 13 57 costs a lot more in terms of real money.

 

I haven't driven the 13 57, but it looks like a novelty item, and I mean that in a positive way: It looks interesting. Incidentally, I bought the AMX Chaffee when I became interested in buying the 13 57, found that they are pretty similar but the AMX Chaffee is cheaper.

 

USA: The gun is better for both T71s, camo value and P/W ratio are worse. I frankly don't see much of a difference, except for the higher DPM of the single shot gun. The CMCD is quick, almost to quick: It's much easier to put it on the side than the AMX Chaffee.

 

China: The WZ's gun is better in terms of penetration and alpha, worse otherwise, with an abysmal DPM. View range is 20 m less, P/W ration is worse than the AMX Chaffee's. The Type 62 has the lowest P/W of the tier, the gun lost a lot of the penetration/alpha advantage but gained a lot DPM.

 

I love my Type 62, but it's a very different animal than the AMX Chaffee. The gun may be the best single-shot scout gun of the tier, but the lack of a clip means that I drive it very differently. If I had to pick one, I'd take the AMX Chaffee, but it's close. I had High Calibers in 0.625 % of my games in the Type 62 against 3.6 % for the AMX Chaffee. Scout medals are 2.5 % in the Type 62, 4.4 % in the AMX Chaffee.

 

Germany: The Aufklärungspanther seems to be better in almost every respect: The gun has better penetration, very high DPM, and if it's anything like the same gun on the VK30, hits very well. Very good view range, something beginning to look like armor and a lot of hit points. P/W is lower, but top speed is higher. Seems to be simply the better tank. Things look better for the AMX Chaffee compared to the SpIC: Its gun is nominally slightly better than the AMX Chaffee's, with the usual single shot bonus to DPM, but has a very low shell velocity. P/W is again lower, top speed is higher.

 

Soviet Union: Lower P/W, higher speed again. Very good camo value, very low view range. The gun has very similar values, ie. bad DPM for a single-shot gun. Some armor. I didn't like it that much, and it's also by far the ugliest tank of the comparison.

 

In summary, I think the AMX Chaffee is at or above most other scouts of the tier, with the exception of the Aufklärungspanther. The clip potential in combination with good view range and camo values makes it a very effective tank. The low HP is the only thing that keeps the tank from completely dominating tier VII games. Add to that the exceptional crew training abilities and I frankly see no need to change the tank.

 

Conclusion: If you want more HP, drive the AMX 13 75. Don't mess with the AMX Chaffee.

 

(Also, I just bought the Aufklärungspanther....)

 

 

Yeah, I remember. It's my second favorite tier IX scout, only beaten my the T-54 ltwt.

 

Let's compare premium tanks, not TT...600hp vs 900 is ok in your mind? 

Now that tank is horrible. Got nothing special. Did you ever play with it?



steelheadclan #18 Posted 21 September 2018 - 07:04 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 14335 battles
  • 3,438
  • Member since:
    03-05-2017

View PostPiwoMojePaliwo, on 21 September 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

 

Let's compare premium tanks, not TT...600hp vs 900 is ok in your mind? 

Now that tank is horrible. Got nothing special. Did you ever play with it?

I certainly have and the low HP pool doesn't make it worthless and far from horrible.

 

I'm all for leaving it alone except buffing it's earning potential back to previous levels.


 


CEGLUSPL #19 Posted 21 September 2018 - 07:22 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 24489 battles
  • 3
  • Member since:
    12-04-2016
Yes right piwomojepaliwo

PiwoMojePaliwo #20 Posted 21 September 2018 - 08:30 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 18973 battles
  • 76
  • [-WTH-]
  • Member since:
    01-02-2016

View Poststeelheadclan, on 21 September 2018 - 07:04 PM, said:

I certainly have and the low HP pool doesn't make it worthless and far from horrible.

 

I'm all for leaving it alone except buffing it's earning potential back to previous levels.

 

Is it your feeling?

 

I gave some numbers behind my opinion...






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users