Good solution to useless players

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: Make wot great again (36 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should there be probation for afk, doing o damage 3 games in a row or team killing?

1. Yes (18 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No (let garbage players keep doing their garbage) (18 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Hide poll

P BHELA #1 Posted 28 September 2018 - 02:34 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 1339 battles

There should be a probation from playing the next battle for like time wise for players who are afk, do o damage in like tier 7plus or for team killing by pushing into water. 

Ive played over 30k battles amongst all my accounts and Its sad when your trying to get a mark of excellence or a big first time bonus xp, and then theirs those bottom 3 players who do like 100 damage in tier 7 plus. Some dont even shoot the entire match.

ATHFjman18 #2 Posted 28 September 2018 - 02:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15706 battles
  • [JOCO]

This is not the answer. Punishing a player for being bad will only further frustrate the player...how long would someone take being placed into probation until they finally give up on the game? It wouldn’t work in the interest of the game. 

What they should do it invest into better tutorials for players for semi-advanaced to advanced mechanics like angling, sidescraping, penetration mechanics, etc etc.  They could then offer up something of value for both new and Veteran players so that they actually want to complete these newer tutorials.... like gold (which they already do for new players on the basic tutorial), a free tier V (or lower) premium tank or maybe 30 days prem time. 

CleverJoey1844 #3 Posted 28 September 2018 - 02:57 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 39426 battles
  • [STDZ]
I agree stiff penalties are not the answer. Some of us take this game extremely serious- (note the word GAME). Others are here just to destress and enjoy playing. Its a mixed bag, but to keep people playing .....

YCS-186 #4 Posted 28 September 2018 - 03:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19978 battles
  • [HJCAD]
Punishing players for having a bad streak of games? Great idea if you want to see 7v7 battles become the new norm during peak hours.
In the grim darkness of the future of World of Tanks Fantasy, there is only disappointment.
Derp for the Derp God, prammo for the prammo throne! Let the gameplay burn!

dreadnought8283 #5 Posted 28 September 2018 - 03:40 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3923 battles
I completely disagree with the timeout/probation, but maybe taking player's back to a tutorial(non optional) before they can go back into battle might help (especially if they never used it to begin with) would kinda be like taking defensive driving imo.

korbendallas-01 #6 Posted 28 September 2018 - 04:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 41760 battles
  • [GER_1]

Not at all the solution.

I think WG should try training ops. Like the ones in the beginning (including the nice prices), but about more advanced concepts.

DamnGunner #7 Posted 28 September 2018 - 05:04 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20695 battles

There must be Taters for French Fries to exist.

Constant AFKers can get the ban hammer tho...

IBROX 04 #8 Posted 28 September 2018 - 05:07 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18354 battles
  • [BNKR]
Yeah push more players away from the game. Just what we need. 

Aaron William Murray                    Forever in our hearts

MASHMAN 90 #9 Posted 28 September 2018 - 05:41 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 31027 battles

View PostATHFjman18, on 28 September 2018 - 02:47 PM, said:

This is not the answer. Punishing a player for being bad will only further frustrate the player...how long would someone take being placed into probation until they finally give up on the game? It wouldn’t work in the interest of the game. 

What they should do it invest into better tutorials for players for semi-advanaced to advanced mechanics like angling, sidescraping, penetration mechanics, etc etc.  They could then offer up something of value for both new and Veteran players so that they actually want to complete these newer tutorials.... like gold (which they already do for new players on the basic tutorial), a free tier V (or lower) premium tank or maybe 30 days prem time. 

Agreed, also players may load battle intending to play then get shouted or phone rings etc. I had to afk for 2 minutes, i come back and finish top of my team. Yes people may suicide in water but you don't get XP or Silver (if at 100% health) but can't punish people if they genuinely have to go AFK, happens to us all.

Good idea about new players, Maybe give them something, a Tier 3 like a T-127 with PMM (Tier 5 seems too much at the start) then don't have to meet Tier 5 Seal Clubbers when Ops are on, Also comes with a 100% Crew with Sixth Sense for free (Know when they're spotted) with 7 days Premium Time (Early Grind), 500,000 Silver (If we had PC's Depot i would have said 1x Camo Net and Binos) and 300 Gold (to hopefully buy a garage slot but can spend on whatever). This seems like way too much to give new players but everything helps in my opinion.

i generally post more News on Twitter these days but "may" post on Forum from time to time on my Future Vehicles Thread

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/205056-future-update-vehicle-changes/

Disclaimer Below: If you don't read it and take my guesses as fact then it's not my fault.

xxFINIDITCHEVxx #10 Posted 28 September 2018 - 05:42 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 670 battles

I played a game today where I drove the entire map and scored nothing as the battle did its best to avoid me at all costs. I have no problem with bad players in the game (especially if they're red ones). The griefers are the bane of everyone's life though.

Just thought I'd also mention that my autistic son loves driving the tanks around the maps and will genuinely try to engage enemy vehicles. He is nowhere near being anything other than a statistically poor player, but I thank WOT for something that brings him joy. I have told him not to read the messages he receives from other players, as they are always upsetting for him. It does also mean that we have to visit Bovington quite a lot to cuddle some of his heroes. I say that he is not good at the game from a damage and win perspective, but he is really good at artillery for some reason and will pick-up top guns and top the damage lists. This is not a source of pride for me by-the-way.

I'm not getting on my high horse about it, but please bear in mind that some players may not be as capable as you. It would be wrong to penalise them for this.

R9DNG

VKSheridan #11 Posted 29 September 2018 - 01:01 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21438 battles

View PostP BHELA, on 28 September 2018 - 08:34 AM, said:

There should be a probation from playing the next battle for like time wise for players who are afk, do o damage in like tier 7plus or for team killing by pushing into water. 

Ive played over 30k battles amongst all my accounts and Its sad when your trying to get a mark of excellence or a big first time bonus xp, and then theirs those bottom 3 players who do like 100 damage in tier 7 plus. Some dont even shoot the entire match.

Dumb question but why have many accounts?  What’s the purpose?

HopHound83 #12 Posted 30 September 2018 - 07:20 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9030 battles
   I agree penalizing is not the answer. I know there are many players out there with disabilities that play this game with varying degrees of "skill". In its sisiter game World of Warplanes you can not even play a multiplayer game until you complete the tutorials in a successful manner. I do believe that some more advanced tutorials are required and we all should be required to take them regardless of our current skill level. The first tutorial should be on good sportsmanship and regardless of how serious we take the game in the end it is a game to be played for enjoyment and fun. This is a fact that i too need reminding of from time to time.

Capn Ratchet45 #13 Posted 01 October 2018 - 04:51 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18384 battles
I would support a mini game or tutorial you must complete to move past every third tier...should be required to use a bottom tier tank to complete...doesn't exclude people from playing...but forces people to learn or remain at current tier...no need for punishments...needs not to be insanely difficult...but needs to FORCE people to understand that YES indeed you can pen upper tier tanks if you AIM weakspots...as for those who are disabled etc...you also deserve to play the game...tiers 1-3 need not have a skill cap to play and should be open to all...good enough to complete that tier 4 challenge and by all means you can be my backup in tiers 4-7...if you can't then you need to rethink how frustrating it is for tier 7 players who are stuck with team8s that can't dish tier 4 dmg in a tier 7!!! many/most games are like this...you MUST beat the level you are currently on to continue to the next right?

Ellupo68 #14 Posted 08 October 2018 - 10:26 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 17270 battles
  • [SRT]

i agree with a lot things said here

1) Punishment is usually not a good way... yes you will get rid of "useless" players bcause they just quit the game, but considering the already to low player base this seems like a bad idea...

2) Better tutorials with more rewards as above stated would be a good way to "prepare" new players...

3) similar to warframe, how about a test if you want to advance your rank (or in this case tier)? OR

4) before a player is allowed to play a higher tier he has to reach a a certain winrate in his current tier e.g. a tier 3 player has to have at least 100 battles with a 45% percent winrate to advance to tier4, at tier 4: at least 200 battles with a winrate of 46% ... and so on (numbers are subject to change of course)

RiotousPuddle42 #15 Posted 08 October 2018 - 11:45 AM

Private

• Players
  • 19462 battles
  • [RETRO]

View PostATHFjman18, on 28 September 2018 - 02:47 PM, said:

Agreed. And let's add to that tutorials on strategy/tactical stuff which I think would be obvious but apparently isn't like: cover both flanks, take the high ground, get back to the cap to defend it when it's in danger, etc.

xxFINIDITCHEVxx #16 Posted 09 October 2018 - 05:42 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 670 battles

View PostHopHound83, on 30 September 2018 - 07:20 PM, said:

I agree penalizing is not the answer. I know there are many players out there with disabilities that play this game with varying degrees of "skill". In its sisiter game World of Warplanes you can not even play a multiplayer game until you complete the tutorials in a successful manner. I do believe that some more advanced tutorials are required and we all should be required to take them regardless of our current skill level. The first tutorial should be on good sportsmanship and regardless of how serious we take the game in the end it is a game to be played for enjoyment and fun. This is a fact that i too need reminding of from time to time.

The voice of reason.

deadman1921 #17 Posted 09 October 2018 - 06:30 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22746 battles
  • [-STO-]
No. Give them a free tier 6 after completing a tutorial.

Soldiers of the One

The Big G BO #18 Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:36 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 80969 battles
It''s not a perfect world, besides no participation, other things can go wrong; internet problems, power outage, emergency,  tripped breaker, batteries go dead etc... You really can't punish people for these unfortunate events. All these things have happen to me and my teams have suffered as a result.:(

CallTheCavalry #19 Posted 13 October 2018 - 08:29 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 23263 battles
  • [UEGJL]

View PostP BHELA, on 28 September 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

While it is utmost infuriating, I do find what you state to be very hostile. If WG (and I really hope they do not do this) happen to do, as you have explained, it will only cripple the player base. I've seen it before, during the early stages (back before the Grille 15, PZVII, etc. Basically, all the new tanks released). Additionally, it isn't their fault if they can't connect (when that appear as grey), due to lack of Internet or as such. Therefore, what you are stating is totally untoward. 

Secondly, it isn't their fault if they can't get 0 DMG done, assuming they are playing. Especially when (IMHO) the meta is about tanks like the death star/doom barn, and lower tiers can't even get a shot off due to those ridiculous amounts of damage the high tiers pull off. 

Finally, I would also advise to you to look at how much damage blocked, etc they have done. Don't just look at the damage and see 0 and criticise them for doing jack all. And I'll tell you, a common LT player like myself, finds it (slightly) tricky to get over 2k DMG in my Sheridan (with 105), unlike my (close to 2 marked) T49. 

I sincerely hope you reflect on this.

P6X330 #20 Posted 15 October 2018 - 05:19 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 12432 battles
  • [AMXS]

I cannot agree because you will not be able to discriminate purposely AFK from incidentally AFK;

I give you an example; yesterday, Oct 14th, as the battle begun, my signal strength bar turned to 1 red lit. Obviously, impossible to move or shoot. I chose to stay put, instead of simply exposing myself, unable to stop, or start, or drive the tank.

As nothing was improving, I decided to quit the game.

Closed WoT, restarted to get to the splash page, where I was able to select the server.

On any given day, the NA server is 5 green vertical bars, and the EUR is 4 green vertical bars. I always check when I launch, even if my default is set to EUR.

I went back into battle, same thing happened. Suddenly, my signal strength turned red, only one bar.

After a call to my ISP, and a modem reset, everything was back to normal.

However, I would have been stamped as "AFK" twice in a row. Involuntarily. So what is the rule?

Edited by P6X330, 15 October 2018 - 05:20 PM.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users