The trinity mark 2 needs more horsepower and a top speed buff

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

xDMariuszxD #1 Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:08 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7100 battles
good evening everyone, as the titlw suggests, this topic is about the trinity mark 2. I picked 1 up a couple of days ago, played some battles because there’s no way to test a premium vehicle before purchasing it, and i have to warn y’all: this tank needs a buff to the engine power and top speed! I would definitely not recommend this machine as is. It’s less good than the trinity as we know it from warstories in every way, and without a better power to weight ratio and a higher top speed this tank is not worth it. I’ve been there since the beta on 360, and i’ve made some stupid drunk purchases over the years. But i’ve never had buyer’s regret til i bought the trinity mark 2. At this point i’m hoping that we either get a substantial buff to previously mentioned issues, or that we get the russian refund system where we pay more gold and get to swap our tanks for something else. Hell, i’d swap mine with the crew and equipment for a tier 7 IS-2, even though i have too many russian premium tanks as it is. I’m sad to say i’m disappointed...

Kanna Gang12417 #2 Posted 28 September 2018 - 10:21 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15377 battles
  • [D023]
I was wanting to buy this tank to use for WS but I have not bought it yet seeing as Halloween is coming up and I want to buy the type 62 and the dragon type 59 because I love dragons and they're both great tanks

Edited by DRKillshot2194, 28 September 2018 - 10:24 PM.

Pontiac Pat #3 Posted 29 September 2018 - 04:18 AM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 26164 battles
  • [47R]
I agree.  It seems as sluggish as the Freedom but without the great frontal armor.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

TheKitsuneFox #4 Posted 29 September 2018 - 12:04 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27694 battles
  • [W0TFR]

View PostDRKillshot2194, on 28 September 2018 - 10:21 PM, said:

I was wanting to buy this tank to use for WS but I have not bought it yet seeing as Halloween is coming up and I want to buy the type 62 and the dragon type 59 because I love dragons and they're both great tanks

Got both Dragon and King Dragon, they're awesome and I love them. 

But let's get back on topic. 

Of course the Trinity mk II isn't nearly as ridiculously overpowered as the WS tank, which has over the edge gun stats.

I know WG advertised the Mk II with thick armor, but we've all come to notice that it's far less reliable than expected.

So what do we have ? 

A slow medium tank with irregular armor... And a superb gun.

How does it play ? 

If you're not top tier you're not supposed to be on the frontline taking hits, first off because you'll take way too long to get there, second because you will get torn appart.

No, take your time getting to a position away from the heat, with good firing lines and from there you'll be hitting hard. 

Use the terrain for cover and quick peeking, hit them in the tracks, hit them in the flanks  hit them while they're facing your teammates. 

You can take a few shots, you can even bounce some (I just love it when beautiful heat shells just vanish upon impact, bounced a jpze100, bounced an Alpine Tiger who though he'd gain more pen and kept shooting heat at me... With no effect) but don't stay in the open where everyone can shoot you.

Yes this tank is slow. 

Yes it doesn't turn around very well. 

But that doesn't mean it's rubbish. 

I've put the 1st mark on it yesterday without even trying, and the more skills my crew learns  the better it gets :) 

fozfactor #5 Posted 03 October 2018 - 09:52 PM

Major

• Players
  • 59074 battles

The Trinity reminds me of a 36kph 4202P with much better armor and a much better gun. Tank could definitely use a hp buff but not sure it needs a top speed buff. Maybe just the option for premium fuel barring nothing else. 

OP, Off-Road and Clutch Braking are two skills that make this tank feel noticeably more maneuverable. If you have the basics trained up maybe check these out? I really like the tank and could easily see racking up a lot of battles in her.

non nobis solum

xDMariuszxD #6 Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:01 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7100 battles
So... I did try to have some more games, changed my playstyle a bit and i actually managed to have a decent game or 2 with this tank. Having said so, i still think we'd be better off having trinity mark 1 in mp and trinity mark 2 in warstories. Only thing they need to do is take the guns and swap them (and by that i mean the gunstats) and in my opinion we'd have an absolute beast of a tank. Yeah the idea of having spaced armor is cool, and i also think it looks cool (gives it a semi-modern look) but i still think that the mobility we lose by getting said spaced armor is too much.i doubt anything will change anytime soon,but secretly i'm hoping that wargaming will release a balanced trinity mark 1, and allow all mark 2 owners to swap it for free. I hate saying bad things about WG, but honestly i feel a bit cheated. They call it trinity mark 2, but apart from the looks it's nothing like the trinity mark 1. I may take advantage of the ongoing double crew xp event for merc tanks, just to see if i can improve the tank with certain perks/skills,but i'm not expecting a huge difference. Someone mentioned that maybe the top speed is fine the way it is, let's say this is correct. What remains are power to weight ratio and terrain resistances, maybe they should play with that... I think i might be less adamant about this tank being [edited],but it's still nowhere near good for a heavy tank with medium tank armor. It will work just fine in certain situations, but it's so situational and passive that often you rely on luck. Luck to have the enemy team come your way when you're hull down somewhere, luck to not get overrun or shot to bits by our friends in the SPG's,and luck to find yourself on the right map, or sometimes even the right spawn on certain maps. I feel like if i could be a little more flexible with this tank i'd be able to forgive it a lot more, and have better results in the process. 

BrogueOne #7 Posted 30 October 2018 - 03:24 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 23589 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostPontiac Pat, on 29 September 2018 - 04:18 AM, said:

I agree.  It seems as sluggish as the Freedom but without the great frontal armor.

Sorry for quoting your month old response, but I recently won one and been putting a few games through it.  It’s definitely slow, but not nearly as sluggish as the Freedom...... in fact, it will easily outrun them in the PG missions.  The frontal armor is actually pretty respectable for its tier and the additional plate at the front is great for trolling the folks who try to R1/R2 every shot.

Its greatest strength is the gun.  The 88 L/100 has amazing gun handling and works extremely well at mid-long ranges where you can exploit the -11 degrees of gun depression.  It’s got a comfortable rate of fire and enough penetration to deal with most tanks it faces with the exception of Tier X frontal armor(which it will struggle with as much as any VIII would).

The slow-ish speed and slow-ish turret traverse also pairs well with Vstabs and makes snapshots rather easy when your gun is already pointed in the general direction of your target.  Reticle bloom is pretty minimal when your tank doesn’t bounce around a whole lot!!

Personally, I find the Trinity MKII to be moderately easy to play and fairly reliable as a close support vehicle.  Did I mention the gun is great? I can’t wait to have Snapshot and Smooth Ride trained on my Crew!

fozfactor #8 Posted 30 October 2018 - 04:00 AM

Major

• Players
  • 59074 battles

View PostBrogueOne, on 29 October 2018 - 10:24 PM, said:

Sorry for quoting your month old response, but I recently won one and been putting a few games through it.  It’s definitely slow, but not nearly as sluggish as the Freedom...... in fact, it will easily outrun them in the PG missions.  The frontal armor is actually pretty respectable for its tier and the additional plate at the front is great for trolling the folks who try to R1/R2 every shot.

Its greatest strength is the gun.  The 88 L/100 has amazing gun handling and works extremely well at mid-long ranges where you can exploit the -11 degrees of gun depression.  It’s got a comfortable rate of fire and enough penetration to deal with most tanks it faces with the exception of Tier X frontal armor(which it will struggle with as much as any VIII would).

The slow-ish speed and slow-ish turret traverse also pairs well with Vstabs and makes snapshots rather easy when your gun is already pointed in the general direction of your target.  Reticle bloom is pretty minimal when your tank doesn’t bounce around a whole lot!!

Personally, I find the Trinity MKII to be moderately easy to play and fairly reliable as a close support vehicle.  Did I mention the gun is great? I can’t wait to have Snapshot and Smooth Ride trained on my Crew!

How's the gun again?  :teethhappy:

non nobis solum

BrogueOne #9 Posted 30 October 2018 - 02:31 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 23589 battles
  • [ELDER]

View Postfozfactor, on 30 October 2018 - 04:00 AM, said:

How's the gun again?  :teethhappy:

Glorious! Absolutely glorious!  The thing can crap out Sniper medals all day!

Albapfalzd3 #10 Posted 03 May 2019 - 02:13 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23551 battles

I've been playing this tank a bit lately while grinding out the "Machine" contract. It's the only Merc tank that I can use and since I want to get a Merc crew trained up to put in the "Machine" once finished I decided to play this a bit. Things I noticed that have all been mentioned here is it is slow, the armor is not that great against AP and APCR and did I mention that it is slow. But it does have a very good gun. I have been using Crew XP Boosters and now my crew has their third Skill and now well into number 4. I am hoping to have at least 6 by the time I finish the "Machine" contract but this may not happen as I believe the contract soon only allows Tier IX and X tanks so I will not be playing my Merc tanks much. I may be wrong here but I'll check again. Yeah, I think a modest Horse Power buff would go along way in making this tank a bit better.

Roy

CheweyBadge #11 Posted 03 May 2019 - 07:42 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 39832 battles
  • [F_X_A]
Just get the Beach Party it's a faster Trinity without that spaced armour. I have both and they're by far my favourite Merc premiums 

Onesimos #12 Posted 28 May 2019 - 06:34 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 28319 battles

The problem right now is that it seems the spaced armor is NOT working as spaced armor. It feels as if there is no spaced armor and there is just a hit box immediately behind what should be spaced armor. 

Had a hit that showed only halfway on the frontal top (almost a complete miss) spaced armor, still counted as a pen. There were no corresponding marks on the actual turret. 

The gun gun is actually pretty troll. I say after having just bounced 2 point blank shots into the rear of a Slapjack. 

If the spaced armor would work as advertised, there is no need for the buff. 

If the green team "helps" me much more, I'll need friendly fire turned back on to defend myself.

Shockwave IIC #13 Posted 30 May 2019 - 01:15 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18337 battles
  • [-PA-]

View PostOnesimos, on 28 May 2019 - 06:34 PM, said:

The problem right now is that it seems the spaced armor is NOT working as spaced armor. It feels as if there is no spaced armor and there is just a hit box immediately behind what should be spaced armor. 

Had a hit that showed only halfway on the frontal top (almost a complete miss) spaced armor, still counted as a pen. There were no corresponding marks on the actual turret. 

The gun gun is actually pretty troll. I say after having just bounced 2 point blank shots into the rear of a Slapjack. 

If the spaced armor would work as advertised, there is no need for the buff. 

Not so sure about that, last night in back to back games I had a T69 (Different players) empty a clip of HEAT at me for no damage, later I had a HEAT-54 hit me, for no damage, finally, I had a Deathstar hit me and only do 600 when it should of obliterated me.

Chaffee ***, M10 Wolverine ***, Hellcat **, Fury **, Easy 8 ***, M6 ***, T29 ***, T71 **, T69 **, Comet I IT34 **, T34 85 ** T150 ***, KV4 **, VK30.01D III III III, VK30.01M III III, VK30.02D III III, Tiger P III III,

http://forum-console...our-average-joe

Mahrs #14 Posted 01 June 2019 - 10:33 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5937 battles
I got a personal offer for one...considering it. I have no Merc tanks. My interest is only because I watched one on the opposing team nearly carry a match single handedly and my own gun was completely unable to damage him from any angle (I played bait so my team could round the corner and get a shot on him with feeding him his 8th kill...yes, 8th). That left a strong impression on me - that gun does look amazing...

Shockwave IIC #15 Posted 02 June 2019 - 12:04 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18337 battles
  • [-PA-]

View PostMahrs, on 01 June 2019 - 10:33 PM, said:

I got a personal offer for one...considering it. I have no Merc tanks. My interest is only because I watched one on the opposing team nearly carry a match single handedly and my own gun was completely unable to damage him from any angle (I played bait so my team could round the corner and get a shot on him with feeding him his 8th kill...yes, 8th). That left a strong impression on me - that gun does look amazing...

The gun is good.

Got to be careful when aiming at the turret (Not saying you were) as it is a lot smaller than it looks, most of its size it the spaced armour.

Chaffee ***, M10 Wolverine ***, Hellcat **, Fury **, Easy 8 ***, M6 ***, T29 ***, T71 **, T69 **, Comet I IT34 **, T34 85 ** T150 ***, KV4 **, VK30.01D III III III, VK30.01M III III, VK30.02D III III, Tiger P III III,

Shockwave IIC #16 Posted 07 June 2019 - 09:55 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18337 battles
  • [-PA-]

View PostShockwave IIC, on 30 May 2019 - 01:15 PM, said:

Not so sure about that, last night in back to back games I had a T69 (Different players) empty a clip of HEAT at me for no damage, later I had a HEAT-54 hit me, for no damage, finally, I had a Deathstar hit me and only do 600 when it should of obliterated me.

To add to this, I've also had a O-Ho that I was hugging point blank me twice in the turret for no damage, so for me at least, space armour is VERY much working.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users