Run away tiger

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

tokyobatman #1 Posted 30 September 2018 - 05:07 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11229 battles
  • [NOPE]

How do you win this one..  I get to the end and destroy the last tank, but it still says I failed.. 

Please help..

Thanks

IBROX 04 #2 Posted 30 September 2018 - 09:31 AM

Major

• Players
  • 20406 battles
  • [BNKR]
Did you complete it in the allocated time limit? 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

SPUK4U #3 Posted 30 September 2018 - 01:26 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 10924 battles

View Posttokyobatman, on 30 September 2018 - 05:07 AM, said:

How do you win this one..  I get to the end and destroy the last tank, but it still says I failed.. 

Please help..

Thanks

Killing the boss is just a secondary objective so you can leave it to the green bots and focus on the primary ones.

- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve -

JelliedPenny08 #4 Posted 30 September 2018 - 03:24 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15929 battles

Keep an.eye on the objectives on the left of the screen, they turn green when you complete them I think. They should also turn red to tell you what you failed on. Are you trying to complete for the first time or doing it in Challenge Mode where other tanks are available? 

You can do War Stories in Co-op too. I'm a bit rusty on WS and the Tiger ones and only on sporadically, atm, but if you are struggling and need help let me know. I'm xbox. I'm not great, but can try to help. I think I used the Adler to co-op it before.

:)

tokyobatman #5 Posted 30 September 2018 - 04:28 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11229 battles
  • [NOPE]
On the PS4, I don't see a clock

tokyobatman #6 Posted 30 September 2018 - 04:30 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11229 battles
  • [NOPE]
1st time with tiger tank..  on Run Away Tiger war story

thedeadlyscrub #7 Posted 01 October 2018 - 10:26 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16380 battles
If you are on the first chapter, Tigerfibel, you have to destroy all ten Tiger prototypes before you leave the production facility, then capture two bases before you pass through the Canyon. Then capture the extraction point to complete chapter. I don't recall having to destroy a particular tank or tanks for that chapter.  I think the clock is for challenge mode. As other poster said, follow objectives in upper corner of screen. Was quite a while ago that I did that. Good luck.

JelliedPenny08 #8 Posted 04 October 2018 - 09:59 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15929 battles

Ah sorry, if you're PS4 then I can't co-op. If you can find someone else it really helps though. I did it with my sons after I had completed it the first time round. I used the VK 45.03, which many will have now. For the Little Tigre I found keeping the 75mm gun better because of the faster rate of fire. 

I had a quick go at it again, it seems a little tougher now, the light tanks being more aggressive. As mentioned above for the first chapter Tigerfibel, make sure you destroy the prototypes with red arrows. Shooting them is faster, but ramming them works too. There is a tier 6 VK light tank in the factory that can hurt you. Prioritise by ramming the prototype in the open and using it for cover. Shoot over the hull and under the gun of the dead tiger as it is the perfect size to shield your tank. Make sure you get the 2 bases marked by red stars on the map before capturing the final base. You don't need to get the last health pack uphill from the final base if nearly full health on arrival at the final base. I go to the far right behind the rocks in the last base so defending from 2 sides only. 

Second chapter Doppelganger, look for the VK lights with Scout names. Track them and prioritise them if you can. I try to save the first health regen until I have cleared the north of the map and go back for it before taking the second base. Go at the third village by circling around it on the right (SE corner?) side to kill the support tanks before meeting the Tiger there. There are ridges for cover to the right of the village and if it works out well you get to flank the Tiger. Park at an angle to bounce shells. Track by hitting the drive wheel sticking out from the buildings so you can keep hitting it without it shooting you back. When it shoots the building revealing its side hit it in the ammo rack and drive wheel until dead. 

El Alamein - there's a massive ramp leading to a plateau around E6 I think. Use the slope and rocks on the plateau to hide your hull. Shoot as they come over the ridge to slow the reds down and thin them out for your greens. Then move down to resupply between waves. Stay in the same area to be close to health regen and clear a path through the buildings to it on your side so you can get there quickly if it goes wrong. But the building on the other side give cover while you dash for health. 

Good luck and I hope it helps!  :)

Edited by JelliedPenny08, 04 October 2018 - 10:01 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users