I Like The Pace With All The Light Tanks. How Alone Am I?

Light tanks.

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

pr0fit0fcanabis #21 Posted 02 October 2018 - 03:09 PM

Major

• Players
  • 41022 battles

View Postscwirpeo, on 02 October 2018 - 02:58 PM, said:

Camo tanks without wmd alpha also get screwed. Spotted in any low tier TD/medium that can't 2 shot it's HP in damage are just spotted and killed very fast. Especially if the game has arty in it because they love to secure kills on "dangerous" tanks.

Two very balanced tank styles thrown under the buss for crap Merc tanks that didn't need to have time limits on them in the first place. Destroying the game to make fast cash on contract buyouts was idiotic on a whole new level for WG.

I blame maps for the problems in camo tanks.  Too many small corridor maps made these tanks handicapped in my opinion.  Lights exacerbated this problem.  

pr0fit0fcanabis #22 Posted 02 October 2018 - 03:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 41022 battles

View Postscwirpeo, on 02 October 2018 - 02:59 PM, said:

Based on player counts I would say people aren't finding it hard to move on. The game might not find it so easy to cope with losing them tho.

Yeah we are definitely circling the drain.....   

scwirpeo #23 Posted 02 October 2018 - 03:14 PM

Major

• Players
  • 40608 battles
  • [CRY]

View Postpr0fit0fcanabis, on 02 October 2018 - 08:10 AM, said:

Yeah we are definitely circling the drain.....   

Personally I would have liked the game to last for a very very long time. It's not like I played this many battles just to watch my K/D go up.

MOEs so I can pretend like they matter

Spoiler

Wakkomaster #24 Posted 02 October 2018 - 03:18 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13838 battles

View Postpr0fit0fcanabis, on 02 October 2018 - 03:29 PM, said:

Anyone else on this Island with me?  

Personally I like when something in a game gets changed in a way you have to find new strategies or adapt to the new environment to win. Getting pushed out of your comfort zone keeps things interesting for me. 

I guess that grants me a ticket to this island of yours… :hiding:

Currently playing World of Tanks on:

Xbox - Wakkomaster

You can also find me on:

Playstation - Wakkopresi

PC - Wakkomaster

giaka #25 Posted 02 October 2018 - 03:20 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 43859 battles
  • [WTAF]

View Postscwirpeo, on 02 October 2018 - 06:34 AM, said:

It makes too many play styles redundant. If they wanted the game to be faster they should have done it before all the adrenaline junkies quit.

In my case I'm just sick of a third of my team being underpowered tanks when MM already dealt us a crap hand or tossed me in a 7v7 and all my green lights are morons.

Arty, large slow heavies and fixed turret TDs become obsolete. Thats my only problem, when I top tier light tank carries a game something is wrong. 

MM is on crack, once again last night our 5 man tier 5 platoon got matched up against their 5 man tier 7 platoon. The reds only had two tier 7s, Our heavy tanks were all tier 5, their heavy tanks were all tier 7, We had 2 heavies they had 5, only one light tank per team and it was a tier 6. Those are screwy odds and how MM thought that was balanced Ill never know. 

Edited by giaka, 02 October 2018 - 03:24 PM.

WG Balance 101, If a tank has a high survival rate, nerf its gun.

FinlandRed #26 Posted 02 October 2018 - 03:22 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21573 battles

View PostWOTvampymeercat, on 02 October 2018 - 02:56 PM, said:

I am really enjoying the new faster paced game.   Adapt or move on.

My half dozen gamer friends voted with their feet and play other things now.

I don't enjoy LT game play (especially when I get Tony Hawk sized air because I hit a tiny bump). I alway prefered the slower more thoughtful game play of heavies over the run and gun lights. I'm too old and slow for twitch style nonsense. 

Tempest fox3 #27 Posted 02 October 2018 - 03:28 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20951 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postgiaka, on 02 October 2018 - 03:20 PM, said:

Arty, large slow heavies and fixed turret TDs become obsolete. Thats my only problem, when I to tier light tank carries a game something is wrong. 

MM is on crack, once again last night our 5 man tier 5 platoon got matched up against their 5 man tier 7 platoon. The reds only had two tier 7s, Our heavy tanks were all tier 5, their heavy tanks were all tier 7, We had 2 heavies they had 5, only one light tank per team and it was a tier 6. Those are screwy odds and how MM thought that was balanced Ill never know. 

Yet it's fine for a top tier medium, TD or heavy top solo carry the game?

As for 5 man platoons, they've always screwed the matchmaking. The game prioritises putting 5 man platoon against another 5 man platoon. Regardless of tier.

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131 - In order obtained

Spoiler

El Materdor43 #28 Posted 02 October 2018 - 03:29 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33002 battles
  • [HACKS]

View Postgiaka, on 02 October 2018 - 10:20 AM, said:

Arty, large slow heavies and fixed turret TDs become obsolete. Thats my only problem, when I top tier light tank carries a game something is wrong. 

Over the last couple of weeks, your MM example has become the norm. I had a game last night where the red team had 8 players platooned in 3 separate platoons.  The greens had 1 3-man platoon. The red platoons were all tiers 9-10. Our 3 man was tier 9.  Add to that the unbalanced class distribution. Too many times it’s been 8 heavies against 2-3 on the other team. It’s been a two way thing as I’ve seen it on both red and green teams but how dadgum hard is it to put 2 other heavies on the other team to at least try to balance them. 

giaka #29 Posted 02 October 2018 - 03:29 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 43859 battles
  • [WTAF]

View PostFinlandRed, on 02 October 2018 - 07:22 AM, said:

My half dozen gamer friends voted with their feet and play other things now.

I don't enjoy LT game play (especially when I get Tony Hawk sized air because I hit a tiny bump). I alway prefered the slower more thoughtful game play of heavies over the run and gun lights. I'm too old and slow for twitch style nonsense. 

Same here, Destiny, PUBG has sucked them away and just wait until Battlefield V drops. For me it will be Red Dead II, my wife and I love playing that co-op. 

giaka #30 Posted 02 October 2018 - 03:31 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 43859 battles
  • [WTAF]

View PostTempest fox3, on 02 October 2018 - 07:28 AM, said:

Yet it's fine for a top tier medium, TD or heavy top solo carry the game?

As for 5 man platoons, they've always screwed the matchmaking. The game prioritises putting 5 man platoon against another 5 man platoon. Regardless of tier.

It only bothers me because historically it never happened. I cant let that go. LOL

milesizdead #31 Posted 02 October 2018 - 03:32 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 17953 battles
  • [47R]

View Postpr0fit0fcanabis, on 02 October 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

I like the more mobile, faster paced games that having more than a couple of light tanks per team provides.  The old slow strategic hull down play in high tiers bored me.  Anyone else on this Island with me?  

I’m with you, although I don’t think that the game has changed that much :)

deadmeat1027 #32 Posted 02 October 2018 - 04:19 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16975 battles
  • [PCP]

More mobility is fine as long as there is a even trade off. LTs are fast has a auto loader or rapid fire cannon which are advantages. The trade off should be a inability to resist damage. For example if someone drives in the ISU 152 and tags a LT with 152 mm of high explosive there shouldn't be anything left of the LT. That balances against the TD not being able to turn and long reload. But right now more often than not the LT takes the hit and keeps going. There has to be a way of making a trade off otherwise there is no risk reward and yolo LT happens because they shrug off the shots and clip a heavy or td that is not able to turn or has a long reload. 

If you are over 25 years old, play on the XBOX, and are tired of running solo in MP games, you are welcome to stop by and check out Pork Chop Platoon - an over 25 XBOX only community. www.fourm.porkchopplatoon.com

Tempest fox3 #33 Posted 02 October 2018 - 04:30 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20951 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postdeadmeat1027, on 02 October 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

More mobility is fine as long as there is a even trade off. LTs are fast has a auto loader or rapid fire cannon which are advantages. The trade off should be a inability to resist damage. For example if someone drives in the ISU 152 and tags a LT with 152 mm of high explosive there shouldn't be anything left of the LT. That balances against the TD not being able to turn and long reload. But right now more often than not the LT takes the hit and keeps going. There has to be a way of making a trade off otherwise there is no risk reward and yolo LT happens because they shrug off the shots and clip a heavy or td that is not able to turn or has a long reload. 

They don't have armour, they have low hitpoints, they have the worst guns in their tier I'm terms of penetration, alpha, rate of fire, accuracy, penetration loss over distance.

Their only strengths are mobility and the ability to retain camo while moving.

Considering most lights have poor base camo values and that the silent driving perk exists the camo ability doesn't mean much anymore.

Is that enough trade offs for you?

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131 - In order obtained

Spoiler

Panzer Cmndr #34 Posted 02 October 2018 - 04:31 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 7717 battles

View Postpr0fit0fcanabis, on 02 October 2018 - 09:29 AM, said:

I like the more mobile, faster paced games that having more than a couple of light tanks per team provides.  The old slow strategic hull down play in high tiers bored me.  Anyone else on this Island with me?  

Feels more like Mario Kart meets Fortnite to me. Not a fan of the current status at all.

German armor and German armor only, nothing else will do...

CowboyArizona #35 Posted 02 October 2018 - 04:32 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 23077 battles

View Postdeadmeat1027, on 02 October 2018 - 10:19 AM, said:

hallelujah!  

El Materdor43 #36 Posted 02 October 2018 - 04:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33002 battles
  • [HACKS]

View Postdeadmeat1027, on 02 October 2018 - 11:19 AM, said:

How is it a fair trade to have a TD be able to 1 shot light tanks and that same light tank has to hit AND pen multiple shots to take out said TD?  

If its because TD are supposed to destroy tanks, why do all other tanks have guns too?  It seems to indicate that they are supposed to destroy tanks as well. 

MockCrescent323 #37 Posted 02 October 2018 - 04:41 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 17272 battles

lol, the pace is not the problem. It is the stupidity of it all.

If I want to play a fast pace 100% unrealistic vehicle based game that is a hell of a lot more fun (these days), and where mechanical skill counts for a lot more, I will play rocket league, not world of tanks

Knot3D #38 Posted 02 October 2018 - 04:41 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22828 battles
Great ! Light tanks drive this game faster and FASTER...into imminent oblivion. yay.

Panzer Cmndr #39 Posted 02 October 2018 - 04:41 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 7717 battles
Interesting thing I have noticed this week with the Zippy crowd. They are camping in the rear hugging Arty, not scouting, not doing much of anything other than camping. They may zip back and forth along the bottom of the map near base but arent scouting, arent fighting and not even chasing down arty. Odd.

German armor and German armor only, nothing else will do...

Cobravert #40 Posted 02 October 2018 - 04:43 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27310 battles
  • [WPLAC]

View PostEl Materdor43, on 02 October 2018 - 10:29 AM, said:

Over the last couple of weeks, your MM example has become the norm. I had a game last night where the red team had 8 players platooned in 3 separate platoons.  The greens had 1 3-man platoon. The red platoons were all tiers 9-10. Our 3 man was tier 9.  Add to that the unbalanced class distribution. Too many times it’s been 8 heavies against 2-3 on the other team. It’s been a two way thing as I’ve seen it on both red and green teams but how dadgum hard is it to put 2 other heavies on the other team to at least try to balance them. 

This has been the norm for EONS for me. If our platoon isn't -2, we don't know what to do with ourselves since we're there so dang much.

But every time I've ever brought it up to try to have WGing address making MMing changes, all I ever got was criticism or crickets....

Also tagged with Light tanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users