I Like The Pace With All The Light Tanks. How Alone Am I?

Light tanks.

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

El Materdor43 #41 Posted 02 October 2018 - 04:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32370 battles
  • [HACKS]

View PostCobravert, on 02 October 2018 - 11:43 AM, said:

This has been the norm for EONS for me. If our platoon isn't -2, we don't know what to do with ourselves since we're there so dang much.

But every time I've ever brought it up to try to have WGing address making MMing changes, all I ever got was criticism or crickets....

I have asked for platoon balancing in terms of MM in most threads I have posted in on the subject. 5 tier VII mediums against 5 tier IX heavies isn’t balanced MM

deadmeat1027 #42 Posted 02 October 2018 - 05:10 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16613 battles
  • [PCP]

View PostEl Materdor43, on 02 October 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

How is it a fair trade to have a TD be able to 1 shot light tanks and that same light tank has to hit AND pen multiple shots to take out said TD?  

If its because TD are supposed to destroy tanks, why do all other tanks have guns too?  It seems to indicate that they are supposed to destroy tanks as well. 

The trade for that ability to one shot is that the TD is only going to get one shot. If they miss the light circles behind and clips into the thin rear and side armor of the td. The td cannot reload or turn heavier armor towards the light. It is an even balance if the td hits it wins if the misses the light wins. The 152 mm gun is capable of ( and in reality did) destroying german heavy tanks with one shot. The LT being able to take that shot and still keep moving behind the td is where the balance falls off.

I have played all the classes i have been in both situations and no class should have an advantage that cannot be countered by the others. 

If you are over 25 years old, play on the XBOX, and are tired of running solo in MP games, you are welcome to stop by and check out Pork Chop Platoon - an over 25 XBOX only community. www.porkchopplatoon.com

deadmeat1027 #43 Posted 02 October 2018 - 05:20 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16613 battles
  • [PCP]

View PostTempest fox3, on 02 October 2018 - 11:30 AM, said:

They don't have armour, they have low hitpoints, they have the worst guns in their tier I'm terms of penetration, alpha, rate of fire, accuracy, penetration loss over distance.

Their only strengths are mobility and the ability to retain camo while moving.

Considering most lights have poor base camo values and that the silent driving perk exists the camo ability doesn't mean much anymore.

Is that enough trade offs for you?

It is enough of a trade off. As long as the balance is that tds get the kill when hitting a LT. In that situation the td gets one shot every 15 seconds no ability to turn to keep armor facing the quicker light, poor accuracy while moving the hull. In that situation the balance is speed and ability to get out of the gun arc vs the overwhelming fire power. In a one on one the td gets one shot and since the LT has no armor and no hit points that big gun connecting should end the light and conversely missing gives the light free lunch as it gets behind and unloads into the td. 

If you are over 25 years old, play on the XBOX, and are tired of running solo in MP games, you are welcome to stop by and check out Pork Chop Platoon - an over 25 XBOX only community. www.porkchopplatoon.com

Panzerfahrer1976 #44 Posted 02 October 2018 - 05:20 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14573 battles

The new fast Game is a pain. Delete all Heavy Tanks like the German Super Heavys. Delete them out of the Game, pls #kappa

The Lights Invasion is absolutly Stupid and WG didint understand. They kick our Balls and hit us in our Face with this GamePlay atm.

The Game is more and more unbalanced, time to STOP and think about it WG!!!

El Materdor43 #45 Posted 02 October 2018 - 05:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32370 battles
  • [HACKS]

View Postdeadmeat1027, on 02 October 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

The trade for that ability to one shot is that the TD is only going to get one shot. If they miss the light circles behind and clips into the thin rear and side armor of the td. The td cannot reload or turn heavier armor towards the light. It is an even balance if the td hits it wins if the misses the light wins. The 152 mm gun is capable of ( and in reality did) destroying german heavy tanks with one shot. The LT being able to take that shot and still keep moving behind the td is where the balance falls off.

I have played all the classes i have been in both situations and no class should have an advantage that cannot be countered by the others. 

1 shot capability isn’t the way to counter a light tank. As it is now, you have to be cautious in a light tank unless you YOLO scout, which I don’t. Also, you have to look at the pen of some of the light tanks. They aren’t autopen. Additionally the TD driver shouldn’t be able to just sit there, with impunity, and eviserate light tanks. There should be some effort required by the TD driver to evade to stay alive. I’ve seen plenty of TD’s use terrain and hard cover to their advantage so that they can’t be circled. 

Also, the reload on most TD’s and heavies is such that they will get more than one shot. It’s already bad enough that many TD’s can effectively 2 shot most tanks they encounter. They only have to pen 2 shots while lights and mediums have to pen multiple shots. 

Tempest fox3 #46 Posted 02 October 2018 - 05:38 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20434 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postdeadmeat1027, on 02 October 2018 - 05:10 PM, said:

You shouldn't be getting into a close quarters 1v1 in a turretless TD anyway. That's just asking to get circled.

Most heavies can circle an ISU-152. Let alone lights.

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained

marinefish666 #47 Posted 02 October 2018 - 05:40 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 40436 battles

The problem is there a plague of them.

When they are close the lag forces shoot ahead of a tank circling you.

You can be aiming right at a target next to you miss because the game cant keep up.

The last problem is that most shots only track light tanks.

I mean come on, the most powerful shell in the game hits a light and only tracks a light?...not realistic at all.

One of my friends was in the training area and looking for weak spots.

They hit the drivers viewing port and tracked the tanks, the shells line of flight never went near the tracks.

Edited by marinefish666, 02 October 2018 - 05:41 PM.

Senior Technical Engineer, all tanks unlocked!

deadmeat1027 #48 Posted 02 October 2018 - 05:44 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16613 battles
  • [PCP]

View PostTempest fox3, on 02 October 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

You shouldn't be getting into a close quarters 1v1 in a turretless TD anyway. That's just asking to get circled.

as long as they don't drive towards the td then it isn't a problem. All lights please keep your distance :teethhappy:

CivilWarGoat #49 Posted 02 October 2018 - 05:53 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24266 battles
  • [RED1]

I have no problem with the current pace of play.  Only difference is that with the merc contracts many high tier games have more lights than usual.  This was a WG error as they dont understand how having running contracts requiring the same type of tanks played was a major mistake.  

That said most player complaining about light tanks are stupid.  Yes there are more lights cause 4.6 was that long ago add that to the merc contract and hogwash high game play and you get a bunch whiners complaining.  

Tempest fox3 #50 Posted 02 October 2018 - 05:56 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20434 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postdeadmeat1027, on 02 October 2018 - 05:44 PM, said:

as long as they don't drive towards the td then it isn't a problem. All lights please keep your distance :teethhappy:

It's not even just lights, you shouldn't be getting into a close range fight with anything in most turretless TD's. Especially something like an ISU-152.

If you're getting circled it's entirely your fault.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained

pr0fit0fcanabis #51 Posted 02 October 2018 - 06:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 41022 battles

View PostWakkomaster, on 02 October 2018 - 03:18 PM, said:

Personally I like when something in a game gets changed in a way you have to find new strategies or adapt to the new environment to win. Getting pushed out of your comfort zone keeps things interesting for me. 

I guess that grants me a ticket to this island of yours… :hiding:

Fine but I have dibs on the good beach on the leeward side of the Island....

pr0fit0fcanabis #52 Posted 02 October 2018 - 06:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 41022 battles

View PostPanzer Cmndr, on 02 October 2018 - 04:31 PM, said:

Feels more like Mario Kart meets Fortnite to me. Not a fan of the current status at all.

The physics are kind of whack but that cuts against the light tanks not for them.  

Saerbhreathach #53 Posted 02 October 2018 - 06:38 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 21911 battles

It doesn't bother me in the slightest, I'm ok either way to tell the truth....snails pace or the speed of light(:P) I'm good either way. ;)

I like both types of combat, slower paced combat means more time to think, plan and execute which generally means a more stealthy playstyle, more "cat and mouse" kinda play. Fast paced combat exercises ones reflexes and instincts all the while as well exercising muscle memory and instinctual map/tank knowledge. There's very little time to react and think so you're relying more on reflexes and ability to shift with the moment.

Preferably a mix of both would be the ideal case for me, but that hardly if ever happens. Sadly...

:)

pr0fit0fcanabis #54 Posted 02 October 2018 - 06:58 PM

Major

• Players
  • 41022 battles

View PostCivilWarGoat, on 02 October 2018 - 05:53 PM, said:

I have no problem with the current pace of play.  Only difference is that with the merc contracts many high tier games have more lights than usual.  This was a WG error as they dont understand how having running contracts requiring the same type of tanks played was a major mistake.  

That said most player complaining about light tanks are stupid.  Yes there are more lights cause 4.6 was that long ago add that to the merc contract and hogwash high game play and you get a bunch whiners complaining.  

Back in the day it was very typical to have more than half the team as heavies.  I don't remember people complaining about that.  It is TDs, lights and Arty that generate calls for numerical limits.  

SPUK4U #55 Posted 02 October 2018 - 07:04 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 9887 battles

When I play my light tank, I see the game differently.  I have a fast tank  with no armor and most of time I'm bottom tier so I have to adapt to take the fun out of the game.  Usually game turns to race between light tanks where the price is the first spotting and arty kill.  Who ever gets to the enemy line first gets the spot marks and whoever finds the arty gets the joy of kill.  Most of time light tank game is over in few minutes.  Is it worth it? I think yes,  It's a blast when you speed past the map and see how desperately enemy tries to shoot you. Also, you can almost feel the fear and frustration of the helpless arty when they are suddenly surrounded by kill hungry light tanks.

When I play my heavy tank, I'm really relieved when light tanks take the enemy arty out early in the game. Personally, I think it's worth to trade all light tanks to enemy arty.  I don't have problem with green arty, but red one I have learned to hate specially when I play my slow moving heavy tanks.  

If WG wants to change something. I think the right way to do is to make sure that light tanks don't see too high tiers as those have their own more powerful light tanks. Also, amount of the light tanks should be limited max three per team, this way there is one light tank per each flank.

- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve -

Tempest fox3 #56 Posted 02 October 2018 - 07:23 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20434 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostSPUK4U, on 02 October 2018 - 07:04 PM, said:

When I play my light tank, I see the game differently.  I have a fast tank  with no armor and most of time I'm bottom tier so I have to adapt to take the fun out of the game.  Usually game turns to race between light tanks where the price is the first spotting and arty kill.  Who ever gets to the enemy line first gets the spot marks and whoever finds the arty gets the joy of kill.  Most of time light tank game is over in few minutes.  Is it worth it? I think yes,  It's a blast when you speed past the map and see how desperately enemy tries to shoot you. Also, you can almost feel the fear and frustration of the helpless arty when they are suddenly surrounded by kill hungry light tanks.

When I play my heavy tank, I'm really relieved when light tanks take the enemy arty out early in the game. Personally, I think it's worth to trade all light tanks to enemy arty.  I don't have problem with green arty, but red one I have learned to hate specially when I play my slow moving heavy tanks.  

If WG wants to change something. I think the right way to do is to make sure that light tanks don't see too high tiers as those have their own more powerful light tanks. Also, amount of the light tanks should be limited max three per team, this way there is one light tank per each flank.

Except that's not how you play light tanks at all.

pr0fit0fcanabis #57 Posted 02 October 2018 - 07:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 41022 battles

View PostTempest fox3, on 02 October 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

Except that's not how you play light tanks at all.

Don't deny your eyes.  It is the way many seem to play light tanks.  I bet your meaning was it's not the best way to play light tanks huh.  

Tempest fox3 #58 Posted 02 October 2018 - 07:31 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20434 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postpr0fit0fcanabis, on 02 October 2018 - 07:26 PM, said:

Don't deny your eyes.  It is the way many seem to play light tanks.  I bet your meaning was it's not the best way to play light tanks huh.  

Well yeah, you can play your light like that but you shouldn't because it's stupid and doesn't help your team win at all.

pr0fit0fcanabis #59 Posted 02 October 2018 - 07:49 PM

Major

• Players
  • 41022 battles

View PostTempest fox3, on 02 October 2018 - 07:31 PM, said:

Well yeah, you can play your light like that but you shouldn't because it's stupid and doesn't help your team win at all.

There once was a king who would dispute that. :teethhappy:

Saerbhreathach #60 Posted 02 October 2018 - 07:55 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 21911 battles

View Postpr0fit0fcanabis, on 02 October 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

There once was a king who would dispute that. :teethhappy:

Unfortunately the game is plagued by vast numbers of people like him filled to the brim with "knowledge"....which is why the current general light tank "tactics" are in the shape their in now. Good scouts were a dieing breed 2 years ago, now their pretty much extinct....

Also tagged with Light tanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users