Weather Variant Overhaul

#weathervariants #viewrange #spottingmechanics #gameplay #nightmaps

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

AXELXu7 #1 Posted 04 October 2018 - 05:13 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 23976 battles
Weather variants don't need to be removed, just reworked. To add dynamism to the experience, I would add a spotlight to every tank that doesn't already have them that could be activated upon pressing down on the D-pad, (by default. Some control schemes may need tweaking.) It increases your spotting range in a cone pointed the direction your gun is facing and increases the range at which you are visible. Because it is directional, it turns weather variants into tense, stealth-based games, but gives recourse to non-light tanks and has the bonus effect of making players think about their fields of fire and view ranges. Extend this to night maps and now you have a good chance of seeing these enough to break up the usual style of gameplay, while not becoming repeptitive. Let me know what you think.
Actually spoiled a sport once.

KilledByPing #2 Posted 04 October 2018 - 10:03 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11632 battles
  • [H8]

View PostAXELXu7, on 04 October 2018 - 08:13 AM, said:

Weather variants don't need to be removed, just reworked. To add dynamism to the experience, I would add a spotlight to every tank that doesn't already have them that could be activated upon pressing down on the D-pad, (by default. Some control schemes may need tweaking.) It increases your spotting range in a cone pointed the direction your gun is facing and increases the range at which you are visible. Because it is directional, it turns weather variants into tense, stealth-based games, but gives recourse to non-light tanks and has the bonus effect of making players think about their fields of fire and view ranges. Extend this to night maps and now you have a good chance of seeing these enough to break up the usual style of gameplay, while not becoming repeptitive. Let me know what you think.

10-30% instead of 90% view range nerf would ATLEAST make this mode abit less trashy massacre. But anyway such idiocy have no place in WoT. Just NO.

Extreme Weather maps are one of the biggest reasons i dont play tier9-10 that much.

korbendallas-01 #3 Posted 04 October 2018 - 12:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 41760 battles
  • [GER_1]
Weather maps are fine, but I think they suffer more than other maps from player stupidity.

Capn Ratchet45 #4 Posted 04 October 2018 - 07:16 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18384 battles

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 04 October 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

Weather maps are fine, but I think they suffer more than other maps from player stupidity.

exactly! you can't get majority of people to understand camo or view range even in non weather maps lol

VKSheridan #5 Posted 05 October 2018 - 04:21 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21438 battles

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 04 October 2018 - 06:38 AM, said:

Agreed.  Too many players don’t realize the guy that killed them used weather to his advantage and they can learn to do the same but don’t........

KilledByPing #6 Posted 05 October 2018 - 12:53 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11632 battles
  • [H8]

View PostVKSheridan, on 05 October 2018 - 07:21 AM, said:

Agreed.  Too many players don’t realize the guy that killed them used weather to his advantage and they can learn to do the same but don’t........

What the hell are you even talking about ?

In Weather mode even Light Tanks with 420 base view range + optics, skills e.t.c barely have 250-270 vie range which is even worse then Tier 1 tanks.

Thats basicaly making this mode blindfolded massacre. You may have 1 "smart" light to spot for you while half of your team stand behind and snipe while not getting spotted and still get slaugthered because you never know if other half of enemy team is getting behind your back before its too late.

Edited by KilledByPing, 05 October 2018 - 12:54 PM.

VKSheridan #7 Posted 05 October 2018 - 02:30 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21438 battles

View PostKilledByPing, on 05 October 2018 - 06:53 AM, said:

What the hell are you even talking about ?

In Weather mode even Light Tanks with 420 base view range + optics, skills e.t.c barely have 250-270 vie range which is even worse then Tier 1 tanks.

Thats basicaly making this mode blindfolded massacre. You may have 1 "smart" light to spot for you while half of your team stand behind and snipe while not getting spotted and still get slaugthered because you never know if other half of enemy team is getting behind your back before its too late.

Surely you realize the red team faces the exact same conditions right?  How is it red is making it a “blindfolded massacre” yet green can’t?  If you’re getting slaughtered yet others facing the same environment aren’t, is it really the weather that’s bad?

korbendallas-01 #8 Posted 05 October 2018 - 02:58 PM

Major

• Players
  • 41760 battles
  • [GER_1]

View PostKilledByPing, on 05 October 2018 - 01:53 PM, said:

What the hell are you even talking about?

Not a tier I on a weather map.

View PostKilledByPing, on 05 October 2018 - 01:53 PM, said:

You shouldn't play weather maps as you play clear maps - you should play them as completely new. New spots for snipers, new spots for scouts, new ways for mediums and heavies. You are not the only tank with a limited view range, the other side has the same problem. Use it to your advantage.

AXELXu7 #9 Posted 06 October 2018 - 03:11 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 23976 battles
Interesting points, all. You know what I've noticed though? Outside of this forum post, no-one seems to be talking about weather variants. It's like they forgot they exist. I'd like some attention shined on them even if it's bad attention. We can't improve game mechanics, or even real-world issues without first opening a dialogue.

KilledByPing #10 Posted 07 October 2018 - 11:10 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11632 battles
  • [H8]

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 05 October 2018 - 05:58 PM, said:

Not a tier I on a weather map.

You shouldn't play weather maps as you play clear maps - you should play them as completely new. New spots for snipers, new spots for scouts, new ways for mediums and heavies. You are not the only tank with a limited view range, the other side has the same problem. Use it to your advantage.

Jesus. It seems im talking with a wall. Im not asking for advice, i know how to play. I did alot of very good results in such game modes but this doesnt make it any better. It is frustrating for both teams.

Im talking about this mode beeing complete and total blindfolded masacre no matter what you do. Even at tier 1 you are not so much restricted at view range as with this stupid mode.

This mode become even worse when filled with arty and im lucky enought to always have atleast 2 of them per team.

Every time i see this stupid bullcrap my only wish is to instantly quit and start another game. As i already said this is top 1 out of my top 3 reasons i dont play tier 10 that much.

Edited by KilledByPing, 07 October 2018 - 11:12 PM.

VKSheridan #11 Posted 07 October 2018 - 11:23 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21438 battles

View PostKilledByPing, on 07 October 2018 - 05:10 PM, said:

Jesus. It seems im talking with a wall. Im not asking for advice, i know how to play. I did alot of very good results in such game modes but this doesnt make it any better. It is frustrating for both teams.

Im talking about this mode beeing complete and total blindfolded masacre no matter what you do. Even at tier 1 you are not so much restricted at view range as with this stupid mode.

This mode become even worse when filled with arty and im lucky enought to always have atleast 2 of them per team.

Every time i see this stupid bullcrap my only wish is to instantly quit and start another game. As i already said this is top 1 out of my top 3 reasons i dont play tier 10 that much.

No disrespect but your talking to and about people who play the same maps in the same weather.  If you use the weather to your advantage, it is quite fun shooting those that prefer to complain than learn.  Folks were offering you advice to try to help you but if you don’t want it, no biggie.  Easy targets are just as fun.

AXELXu7 #12 Posted 07 October 2018 - 11:50 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 23976 battles
Enough! This is not a challenge pissing thread! This is just to discuss the idea of spotlights on weather maps and making night maps a low-visibility gametype so as to be able to use the spotlights.

korbendallas-01 #13 Posted 08 October 2018 - 09:42 AM

Major

• Players
  • 41760 battles
  • [GER_1]

View PostKilledByPing, on 08 October 2018 - 12:10 AM, said:

Jesus. It seems im talking with a wall.

You are a very friendly person, and I'm looking forward to all the exciting conversations with you!

Also tagged with #weathervariants, #viewrange, #spottingmechanics, #gameplay, #nightmaps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users