Jump to content


World of Tanks Mercenaries: Tier X Ranked Battles official feedback!

ranked battles ranked battles Tier X Feedback

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

Merun #41 Posted 07 October 2018 - 09:54 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 10502 battles
  • 1,302
  • [FRONT]
  • Member since:
    08-20-2013

Pros:

-2x Silver

-Possible to finish Mercenary contracts while playing Ranked Battles

 

Cons:

-Tier X AGAIN!

-no Warchests

-no platoons

 

Neutral:

-Point System

 

I didn't play it much, as Tier X is boring for me and the prizes just weren't worth it. It was kind of fun figuring out, I could use the Ranked battles to get some good silver while completing contract stages but as i had no tier 10 for the following stages, I left the Ranked Battles.


Merun, official smartass of clan [FRONT]

I want people to understand because I want to understand as well.

Give us way more Artys including the Sturmtiger.

Yes, I am the one guy with a different opinion.

Don't believe my battle count. It is missing 12355 battles on PC.


Bashful #42 Posted 07 October 2018 - 10:03 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 25350 battles
  • 822
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    08-02-2013

I've been grinding out a merc contract while doing this.

 

This yet again another exercise in frustration - you can play an infinite number of games and not make any progress due to things outside of your control. Which is absolutely not fun. Like I said in the last thing feedback was asked for. Like I will probably say the next time Ranked Battles show up because nothing will change.

 

I have to wonder - does WGCB think that we are enjoying this?

 

Thinking back on it, it now annoys greatly me that dev resources were spent making the commander mode instead of making fixing ranked battles a priority.



BrogueOne #43 Posted 07 October 2018 - 11:08 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 20306 battles
  • 8,260
  • [ELDER]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2016
I did not participate in Ranked.  My free time was limited this weekend and there was no compelling reason to play it.  I was more compelled to work on TT grinds using the X3 win bonuses in my free time.

Even if I would’ve been free to play all weekend I still wouldn’t have played more than a few matches in Ranked. Here is a list of things I don’t like about Ranked:

1) Tier X....... again
2) 7v7
3) Limited map choice
4) Frantic and frustrating game play that is counterintuitive to one’s normal routine

And some suggested improvements:

1) Different tiers at different Ranks.  WoWs has been doing this and it gives more players a chance to participate in the lower and middle ranks and keeps the upper ranks exclusive to Tier X.  It helps to separate Ranks by skill and will make the upper level much more competitive.  Start in lower ranks at Tiers VI or VII and middle ranks at VIII before moving up to X’s for the last 3-4 Ranks.

2) 15v15 AND some larger maps.  Let players play Ranked using a normal MM type of setup and maps that let us better utilize better tactics for more classes.  The current map selection is unfavorable for a lot of tanks..... tanks which might be the only X a player has.

3) Better rewards.  Silver and premium time is certainly useful and appreciated, but it feels like the effort(and frustration) overshadows the achievement.  Lots of folks are kinda “meh” about vouchers for Flags and Crews... and boost Ops are a dime a dozen since they drop like crazy for Dailies and Contracts.

How about awarding Tank Emblems with the highest Rank achieved? How about connecting seasons of Ranked with the incentives of “Reach Grand Master in three seasons of Ranked and get TankX”?  What happened to Camo vouchers? I think getting vouchers for one tank’s worth of Camo for each nation would be a great reward!

z WileECoyote z #44 Posted 08 October 2018 - 05:50 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5921 battles
  • 238
  • [RDDT]
  • Member since:
    12-06-2017

View PostNINJA605, on 06 October 2018 - 10:51 PM, said:

Just quick notice: MM needs sorting out, on quite regurlar basis ended up in disbalanced team : like 6 TD's and Medium on one team and lights,mediums and heavy on the other. Or one team has arty and the other doesn't. That was grinding my gears all day. At one point I started wandering why I was on the losing streek in Masters league until started checking teammates WR and what a surprise 43%  - 48%. And oposing team 58%- 60+. This needs addressing.Otherwise it's not Ranked, but Random battles.

I did notice the Masters had more Muppets then previous levels



z WileECoyote z #45 Posted 08 October 2018 - 06:00 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5921 battles
  • 238
  • [RDDT]
  • Member since:
    12-06-2017

View PostBashful, on 07 October 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

I've been grinding out a merc contract while doing this.

 

This yet again another exercise in frustration - you can play an infinite number of games and not make any progress due to things outside of your control. Which is absolutely not fun. Like I said in the last thing feedback was asked for. Like I will probably say the next time Ranked Battles show up because nothing will change.

 

I have to wonder - does WGCB think that we are enjoying this?

 

Thinking back on it, it now annoys greatly me that dev resources were spent making the commander mode instead of making fixing ranked battles a priority.

I must be sadistic I kinda liked the struggle to win with spaghetti sauce teams. I also great games where we communicated well and had a blast. My final game for Grand Masters was one of them. Also the difficulty of obtaining my goal made me a better player. For me it was a positive experience.



z WileECoyote z #46 Posted 08 October 2018 - 06:04 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5921 battles
  • 238
  • [RDDT]
  • Member since:
    12-06-2017

View PostBrogueOne, on 07 October 2018 - 03:08 PM, said:

I did not participate in Ranked. My free time was limited this weekend and there was no compelling reason to play it. I was more compelled to work on TT grinds using the X3 win bonuses in my free time.

Even if I would’ve been free to play all weekend I still wouldn’t have played more than a few matches in Ranked. Here is a list of things I don’t like about Ranked:

1) Tier X....... again
2) 7v7
3) Limited map choice
4) Frantic and frustrating game play that is counterintuitive to one’s normal routine

And some suggested improvements:

1) Different tiers at different Ranks. WoWs has been doing this and it gives more players a chance to participate in the lower and middle ranks and keeps the upper ranks exclusive to Tier X. It helps to separate Ranks by skill and will make the upper level much more competitive. Start in lower ranks at Tiers VI or VII and middle ranks at VIII before moving up to X’s for the last 3-4 Ranks.

2) 15v15 AND some larger maps. Let players play Ranked using a normal MM type of setup and maps that let us better utilize better tactics for more classes. The current map selection is unfavorable for a lot of tanks..... tanks which might be the only X a player has.

3) Better rewards. Silver and premium time is certainly useful and appreciated, but it feels like the effort(and frustration) overshadows the achievement. Lots of folks are kinda “meh” about vouchers for Flags and Crews... and boost Ops are a dime a dozen since they drop like crazy for Dailies and Contracts.

How about awarding Tank Emblems with the highest Rank achieved? How about connecting seasons of Ranked with the incentives of “Reach Grand Master in three seasons of Ranked and get TankX”? What happened to Camo vouchers? I think getting vouchers for one tank’s worth of Camo for each nation would be a great reward!

 

Being able to platoon with one mate would be nice

spamunky #47 Posted 08 October 2018 - 06:23 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 31629 battles
  • 24
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

Don't mind rank battle at all. Played it for the first time and netted a cool 10 million silver (5 from playing 5 from reaching the final league). Quick games and no 5 light tank platoon or arty. Bring it back more often please.



BoereJack #48 Posted 08 October 2018 - 06:26 AM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 31251 battles
  • 2,580
  • [-U-T-]
  • Member since:
    01-20-2016

I think you nailed it with the time required to get to toprank, it is as great as last time, 

tnx for sticki g with 2x silver, as the first day i stopped after losing about half a million, and i would not reenter if the silver op didnot get back the next day


 My Youtube Channel Filled With WOT PS4 Gameplay: https://www.youtube....FnoS605ne-GYwiA

My current projects for first Moe's:

Premiums --->Ram II, Minuteman, Hmh Huntsman, British Bulldog, Champion, Hidden, Dicker Max, E25, M4 Champion, Scourge, ISU-122s, King Dragon, Alpine Tiger, 50Tp

Tier X's --->Leopard 1, Foch 155, Obj 277, Obj 263, Obj 261, WZ-132-1, 121, Tusk


MASHMAN 90 #49 Posted 08 October 2018 - 06:44 AM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 31038 battles
  • 9,871
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014

View PostMerun, on 07 October 2018 - 09:54 PM, said:

Pros:

-2x Silver

-Possible to finish Mercenary contracts while playing Ranked Battles

 

Cons:

-Tier X AGAIN!

-no Warchests

-no platoons

 

Neutral:

-Point System

 

I didn't play it much, as Tier X is boring for me and the prizes just weren't worth it. It was kind of fun figuring out, I could use the Ranked battles to get some good silver while completing contract stages but as i had no tier 10 for the following stages, I left the Ranked Battles.

 

Personally i hope Platoons never come to Ranked Battles, Platoons should influence a battle in their favour. I won't post a screenshot due to forum rules but yesterday i had FOUR members of the same platoon "randomly" on the same team. We won thanks to an FV215b getting 7,500 damage and 4 kills but it puts me on edge as they could be communicating in Party Chat and could have lost the game easily. I just worry that Platoons can influence a battle too much and if their was 2 on each team then i would fear, if i survive that the Platoon could cheat and give them my location.

 

However i'm all for Clans having their own Ranked Battles with 3-5 or 7 on each team, maybe on maps like Widepark, Cliff etc with the same Silver Boost and Rewards (No Exclusive Premiums to Clans but can pick from a selection) with better Premium Time, Just separate from Multiplayer like you do with Tournaments.


i generally post more News on Twitter these days but "may" post on Forum from time to time on my Future Vehicles Thread

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/205056-future-update-vehicle-changes/

 

Disclaimer Below: If you don't read it and take my guesses as fact then it's not my fault.


Bashful #50 Posted 08 October 2018 - 06:51 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 25350 battles
  • 822
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    08-02-2013

View Postz WileECoyote z, on 07 October 2018 - 10:00 PM, said:

I must be sadistic I kinda liked the struggle to win with spaghetti sauce teams. I also great games where we communicated well and had a blast. My final game for Grand Masters was one of them. Also the difficulty of obtaining my goal made me a better player. For me it was a positive experience.

 

I'm happy that someone enjoyed it. From chatting online with players, you appear to be one of the few.

 

For the record, the first time that they had RB in this mode, I found it fun and challenging to get to the CML. However, I think that this is the 5th time they've had it in this format, and the 2nd time that they've had the larger point ranges for the higher tiers. So the fun is long gone and now it's just a chore.

 

What makes it worse is that we players keep giving them feedback about problems with the mode and how to improve it, but nothing appears to change. It's not even acknowledged that there might be an issue.

 

I wouldn't be surprised if when the CMs summarize this thread for PAINGOD that it will go something like this:

 

CMs: We had 134 posts on our comment thread. 112 were negatives, 21 were neutral responses, and 1 was a positive.

PG: RBs must be too easy then, for the next event, add another 200 points to each rank requirement.

 

To be clear, I did make it to CML, so this isn't a case of sour grapes or git gud.


Edited by Bashful, 08 October 2018 - 07:35 AM.


MASHMAN 90 #51 Posted 08 October 2018 - 07:54 AM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 31038 battles
  • 9,871
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014

View PostBashful, on 08 October 2018 - 06:51 AM, said:

 

I'm happy that someone enjoyed it. From chatting online with players, you appear to be one of the few.

 

For the record, the first time that they had RB in this mode, I found it fun and challenging to get to the CML. However, I think that this is the 5th time they've had it in this format, and the 2nd time that they've had the larger point ranges for the higher tiers. So the fun is long gone and now it's just a chore.

 

What makes it worse is that we players keep giving them feedback about problems with the mode and how to improve it, but nothing appears to change. It's not even acknowledged that there might be an issue.

 

I wouldn't be surprised if when the CMs summarize this thread for PAINGOD that it will go something like this:

 

CMs: We had 134 posts on our comment thread. 112 were negatives, 21 were neutral responses, and 1 was a positive.

PG: RBs must be too easy then, for the next event, add another 200 points to each rank requirement.

 

To be clear, I did make it to CML, so this isn't a case of sour grapes or git gud.

 

Yeah, Senior Master here. Posted this in another thread.

 

 I wouldn't be sure about how easy it is. I've struggled since they nerfed the points because it was "too easy", Last Season i got annoyed and stopped in Gold League but this Season because i could do Sharpshooter Contract, i really tried and got stuck in Senior Master. Took me 90 minutes just to make it out of Silver. I don't like idea of needing one win, losing 4 times then needing 5 more wins as can be a struggle to get two wins in a row at times.

 

I fear if people keep saying how easy it is then WG will nerf it to the point where Ranked is meaningless. It's not got that far "yet". I can't remember when they nerfed Premium and War Chests but while i could be wrong, i fear that the complaints that it was too easy, sparked it so they didn't want to give out huge rewards.

 

Don't get me wrong, i don't want it too easy but i don't want it too hard either. I'd rather go back to Ranked we had 2-3 seasons ago


i generally post more News on Twitter these days but "may" post on Forum from time to time on my Future Vehicles Thread

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/205056-future-update-vehicle-changes/

 

Disclaimer Below: If you don't read it and take my guesses as fact then it's not my fault.


Bashful #52 Posted 08 October 2018 - 08:36 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 25350 battles
  • 822
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    08-02-2013

View PostMASHMAN 90, on 07 October 2018 - 11:54 PM, said:

 

Don't get me wrong, i don't want it too easy but i don't want it too hard either. I'd rather go back to Ranked we had 2-3 seasons ago

 

There's easy and then there's easy. I assert that time invested should be more important than skill level --- or more truthfully, how kind the matchmaker is to not put on you the horribad team.

 

The goal of RB should be to attract players to the game. On a meta level, the goal is actually to attract players to the game so that they will actually give WGCB money so that WGCB stays in business.

 

There's no way that players who experience RB and have to fight 20 matches to get out of Silver are ever going to play again. Which means that the next time that's the RB, there'll be fewer players participating, which just makes it more annoying, which drives out more players, and so the cycle repeats.

 

So, I'll repeat myself and assert that GM rank should be achievable by anyone who is willing to put in the time. Anything else is a game-killer.



MASHMAN 90 #53 Posted 08 October 2018 - 08:46 AM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 31038 battles
  • 9,871
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014

View PostBashful, on 08 October 2018 - 08:36 AM, said:

 

There's easy and then there's easy. I assert that time invested should be more important than skill level --- or more truthfully, how kind the matchmaker is to not put on you the horribad team.

 

The goal of RB should be to attract players to the game. On a meta level, the goal is actually to attract players to the game so that they will actually give WGCB money so that WGCB stays in business.

 

There's no way that players who experience RB and have to fight 20 matches to get out of Silver are ever going to play again. Which means that the next time that's the RB, there'll be fewer players participating, which just makes it more annoying, which drives out more players, and so the cycle repeats.

 

So, I'll repeat myself and assert that GM rank should be achievable by anyone who is willing to put in the time. Anything else is a game-killer.

 

True, in all honesty, Sharpshooter Contract is only reason why i played this time as i could do Contract anyway (7v7 = faster games) and make Double Silver. Without the Contract, i'd stick to Multiplayer to do Contract and play 1 battle of Ranked to qualify.

i generally post more News on Twitter these days but "may" post on Forum from time to time on my Future Vehicles Thread

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/205056-future-update-vehicle-changes/

 

Disclaimer Below: If you don't read it and take my guesses as fact then it's not my fault.


KilledByPing #54 Posted 08 October 2018 - 09:00 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 11622 battles
  • 1,826
  • [H8]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2017

The only reason i played this nonses is that i can play tier 10 tanks i forced to play to grind thru Sharpshooter contract while not suffering from playing Extreme Weather variant bullcrap and Tier 10 arty and Light Swarms.

Tons of Waffles, E4 and Deathstars are still here thou.

 

Other than that RB are total frustrating disgrace. Everything below Platinum league at Friday and Saturday are swamp. It's like playing with bots. People just doing some random things or just farm silver and dont care about winning. Your actions have no impact on game results. Complete gambling. I've lost count how many times our team were obviously going to lose while 2-3 of us were close to enemy flag so we could cap it and snatch a win. But no, people decide to yolo into 7 enemy tanks just to land a few more hits to earn more silver.

Being top 1 at loosing team still only allow you NOT to lose points instead of earn points while beeing top 1 in winning team doesnt give anything at all...Just stupid.

Still cant understand why cant we copy PC version of RB with its points earning system. Its pretty well balanced.

 

At Sunday alot of scrubs manage to gamble thru low leagues and get into Platinum and higher leagues and people who got into SM league doesnt care about winning anymore so RB become a complete swamp. Even beeing in SM league feels like you are put back into Iron league.

 

Qualify matches were broken for most people. I only played 3 instead of 5. All 3 was turbo-loss. Put into Iron league. Didnt even knew this league actualy exists -.-

After that i suffered another 17 lose streak with team doing absolutely meaningless things. Managed to get into SM, but it was pain.

 

Last semi-decent RB was at December 2017 or January 2018 (i dont recall which month it was exactly) when top prize was 30 premium days. After that it only getting worse and 7 days of premium doesnt worth the suffering of playing RB. Thing that obviously have to be changed remain untouched. Well, like any other obvious things that have to be changed in WoT.

As i already said i only played RB because i could play my well nerfed tier 10 tanks which counted towards Sharpshooter contract while not suffering from Extreme Weather variants and other Tier 10 bullcrap. If not the contract i would easily skip RB like i did with all other RBs after Dec 2017

 

P.S. I know im beating a dead horse. But i try to repeat that again. There should NOT be anything that could motivate people to just "take a part" in RB like x2 silver bonus or getting ANY XP at all. Including contracts. RB should be all about showing how good you are and working hard on winning to get into top league.

If you not going to do that, just stop call it "Ranked Battles".

Rename it into "Silver\Contract grinding Royal Rumble". That would fit this idiocy better.

 


Edited by KilledByPing, 08 October 2018 - 09:28 AM.


SteampunkPagan #55 Posted 08 October 2018 - 10:11 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 84034 battles
  • 7,300
  • [HDC-R]
  • Member since:
    08-09-2013

Had a great time this weekend with RB's made lots of silver, completed one stage of a Mercenary contract & 50K of 75 on another stage, got many crew skill/perks on tanks & did I mention made lots of silver. This was fun plus being in party with friends some playing RB's some not & some playing other games just made it even more fun. The way WG does this without effect on stats, MOE & Mastery badges makes it very old school casual gaming as well (before stats & try-hards ruined gaming)  & yet by keeping it at tier X you try to motivate or give people another reason to get there. Though teamplay was rare it was as always well worth my gaming time.

SPP


“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"


lamSolraC #56 Posted 08 October 2018 - 12:58 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 5765 battles
  • 10
  • [FDNL]
  • Member since:
    08-19-2015

Hello WG Team and fellow Tankers,

 

I think this is the first time I ever comment/post something on the forum :).

I looked up the rewards of RB and grinded the last bit towards my first ever Tier X tank (the M48 Patton).

 

I had an absolute amazing time on RB, the X2 Silver bonus makes it really worth your time to gain some nice silver apart from playing in a fun & competitive environment with potentially amazing rewards.

I played a lot and made it to the Senior Master League which I am super happy with, rewards are amazing.

I am an average player which you can see in my stats so I really think there should be a lot more positive feedback.

If I put it all together I made more Silver with RB than if I would play using premium days + premium tank (like my Chrysler).

Furthermore the games are a lot shorter so from my pov if your not being profitable in RB you should really re-evaluate your skill-set/mindset.

 

I do think we deserve it as we managed to get to Tier X, a bunch of my friends are also really incentivized to work towards Tier X now.

 

 

Feedback for next time:

- I think the scoring system is pretty fair, you cannot give to many bonuses towards the top players/xp earners as it will only stimulate more.

- Rewards really nice cherry on top, keep the silver bonus as this is really important for EVERY player (good/bad).

-Gameplay: Good/like the small maps

- Stats: very happy RB does not affect stats

 

IMPORTANT: I think RB is one way for WG to analyze OP tanks, the amount of Deathstar & WT Auf E100 I saw was really a lot, didnt play a a game without seeing them. Bit amazed they were not nerved during previous patch. Offcourse it is a TD & Heavy game mod but simply also look at tanks you do not see at all in that category (113, AMX 50B,

 

Again, RB is a really nice reward for achieving Tier X, and imo also only reason to play on Tier X, so keep them coming!

 

Cheers

Carlos

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

and if your not being profitable in RB you should really re-evaluate your skillset/mindset



lamSolraC #57 Posted 08 October 2018 - 01:01 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 5765 battles
  • 10
  • [FDNL]
  • Member since:
    08-19-2015

Forgot 1 thing to mention on my above post which is a general tip for WG.

 

when you win Premium days in events, it would be nice if you can use them whenever YOU want to use them. Not back-2-back.

 

 



SteampunkPagan #58 Posted 08 October 2018 - 01:03 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 84034 battles
  • 7,300
  • [HDC-R]
  • Member since:
    08-09-2013

View PostlamSolraC, on 08 October 2018 - 07:58 AM, said:

Hello WG Team and fellow Tankers,

 

I think this is the first time I ever comment/post something on the forum :).

I looked up the rewards of RB and grinded the last bit towards my first ever Tier X tank (the M48 Patton).

 

I had an absolute amazing time on RB, the X2 Silver bonus makes it really worth your time to gain some nice silver apart from playing in a fun & competitive environment with potentially amazing rewards.

I played a lot and made it to the Senior Master League which I am super happy with, rewards are amazing.

I am an average player which you can see in my stats so I really think there should be a lot more positive feedback.

If I put it all together I made more Silver with RB than if I would play using premium days + premium tank (like my Chrysler).

Furthermore the games are a lot shorter so from my pov if your not being profitable in RB you should really re-evaluate your skill-set/mindset.

 

I do think we deserve it as we managed to get to Tier X, a bunch of my friends are also really incentivized to work towards Tier X now.

 

 

Feedback for next time:

- I think the scoring system is pretty fair, you cannot give to many bonuses towards the top players/xp earners as it will only stimulate more.

- Rewards really nice cherry on top, keep the silver bonus as this is really important for EVERY player (good/bad).

-Gameplay: Good/like the small maps

- Stats: very happy RB does not affect stats

 

IMPORTANT: I think RB is one way for WG to analyze OP tanks, the amount of Deathstar & WT Auf E100 I saw was really a lot, didnt play a a game without seeing them. Bit amazed they were not nerved during previous patch. Offcourse it is a TD & Heavy game mod but simply also look at tanks you do not see at all in that category (113, AMX 50B,

 

Again, RB is a really nice reward for achieving Tier X, and imo also only reason to play on Tier X, so keep them coming!

 

Cheers

Carlos

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

and if your not being profitable in RB you should really re-evaluate your skillset/mindset

I wish I could have written my post this well. Good post:great:

SPP


“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"


Ronin Gaidin #59 Posted 08 October 2018 - 01:23 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 30685 battles
  • 3,666
  • Member since:
    11-10-2013

I didn't end up playing a lot of RB this time around. and it had nothing to do with how it was structured, the prizes, any of that. It even had the added perk of allowing me to advance the Sharpshooter Stage 8, which is nice.

 

But there were two significant things that drew me away. The first was having RB overlap with a 3X weekend. Was simply a better use of my time to get those 3x First Wins in regular MM for advancing lines, training crews, or working on a contract. Second was the Mercenary Crew Boost thing also going on - so a Merc tank could get a 3x Daily plus a 2x Crew Boost which was very good for their crews. 

 

So between four goals (3x First Wins, Merc Crew Boosts, Merc Contract, and RB) it was that Ranked Battles that came in 4th. Played a little, managed Gold League. My big suggestion would be to maybe not have RB overlap/conflict with multiple other things going on at the same time (specifically the 3x weekend and the Mercenary crew boost). 



RC Landon 027 #60 Posted 08 October 2018 - 02:51 PM

    Live Ops Producer

  • Developers
  • 3717 battles
  • 289
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2013

Ah... Ranked Battles.  Nothing like competitive play to really shine a light on players like to battle.

 

I think there are two schools of thought on how Ranked Battles should work (arguably multiplayer in general):  reward individual performance (damage, assist damage, etc) or reward team play (wins).

 

I've always believed the latter: a win is more important than any one individuals performance.  World of Tanks is a team game, so communication and coordination is as much of a skill as accuracy and tank knowledge.  The only stat I've really ever cared about is win percentage.

 

I also understand that we have certain features in the game that can directly conflict with my view.  Marks of Excellence, for example, can put you in a position where you'd rather lose if it meant dealing 3k more damage.  That kind of stinks.  

 

I always enjoy reading the feedback in these threads because you can see which way people lean.  I need to go back and re-read these, but I wanted to drop by and encourage you to give feedback even if you feel you've done it a few times before.  I'm more involved with these events now, and I hope to be able to continue to tweak them in ways that make them more enjoyable overall.  


Edited by RC Landon 027, 08 October 2018 - 02:53 PM.





2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users