Ranked - 100 points for top of the losing team?

Ranked battles

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Jope2209 #1 Posted 08 October 2018 - 01:28 AM

Major

• Players
  • 25199 battles

So, made it to the Chief Master and I'm not sure if I'm gonna push for the last one. Couldn't play last night due to a horrible lag, so one precious day lost for Ranked. One of the things that might be improved, is those 100 pts for being top of the losing team. It's especially frustrating when you don't have any points to lose, but you manage to be top of the list even though your team folds. So adds 100 points for personal performance, then takes 100 for team performance, hence you're right where you were before, rock bottom of the League.

Imo, it should actualy add 100 points when you don't have any points to lose, and from there it should work like it is atm.

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

3 MoE tanks: T-34, Pz IVH, Tiger I, Pz.Kpfw. T 25, M7, T-50

Poll - Choose your least preferred map (removed maps* included, Nomonhan map added to Poll)

Pontiac Pat #2 Posted 08 October 2018 - 03:15 AM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 21883 battles
  • [47R]
I like that suggestion.  Reverse the order the points are calculated so that you first lose the 100 for the loss, then get the 100 for being top of the team.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

steelheadclan #3 Posted 08 October 2018 - 03:34 AM

Major

• Players
  • 14407 battles

That not losing position for top performance saved my butt a few times.

I see what your saying if your at bottom of league 

MASHMAN 90 #4 Posted 08 October 2018 - 06:08 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 31045 battles

View PostJope2209, on 08 October 2018 - 01:28 AM, said:

So, made it to the Chief Master and I'm not sure if I'm gonna push for the last one. Couldn't play last night due to a horrible lag, so one precious day lost for Ranked. One of the things that might be improved, is those 100 pts for being top of the losing team. It's especially frustrating when you don't have any points to lose, but you manage to be top of the list even though your team folds. So adds 100 points for personal performance, then takes 100 for team performance, hence you're right where you were before, rock bottom of the League.

Imo, it should actualy add 100 points when you don't have any points to lose, and from there it should work like it is atm.

Also add 100 points more to the player in first on the winning team, saw 2 guys yesterday who did 7.500 damage, i didn't do well (around 1,000-1,500 in both) but we get the same points, not really fair.

i generally post more News on Twitter these days but "may" post on Forum from time to time on my Future Vehicles Thread

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/205056-future-update-vehicle-changes/

Disclaimer Below: If you don't read it and take my guesses as fact then it's not my fault.

Jope2209 #5 Posted 08 October 2018 - 09:29 AM

Major

• Players
  • 25199 battles

View PostPontiac Pat, on 08 October 2018 - 03:15 AM, said:

I like that suggestion.  Reverse the order the points are calculated so that you first lose the 100 for the loss, then get the 100 for being top of the team.

But if you're 0/500 pts needed for the next League, the order doesn't mean anything. Also at that point it doesn't mean anything if you are top of the losing team or the bottom. I think +100 for personal performance should increase your score if you don't have any points to lose. Being top of the list saves your progress and keeps your points at some level, but if your pts level is 0, then what's there to preserve?

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

Poll - Choose your least preferred map (removed maps* included, Nomonhan map added to Poll)

Jope2209 #6 Posted 08 October 2018 - 09:33 AM

Major

• Players
  • 25199 battles

View PostMASHMAN 90, on 08 October 2018 - 06:08 AM, said:

Also add 100 points more to the player in first on the winning team, saw 2 guys yesterday who did 7.500 damage, i didn't do well (around 1,000-1,500 in both) but we get the same points, not really fair.

Was it like that before? I think I remember pts system adding +100 for team win and +100 for the top player, but I'm not sure if it was like that. Also top of the losing team was awarded by 100 pts, that was even if you're in a bad team you could still make some progress. I think if you add 100 points more for the top player than it would be really easy to get the Top League. Lower Leagues have 300 points required to progress, so you get 100 for advancing in the first place, then get to be the top player in a winning match and you're already in the next League. That doesn't sound right...Maybe points required should be adjusted for that.

MASHMAN 90 #7 Posted 08 October 2018 - 09:44 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 31045 battles

View PostJope2209, on 08 October 2018 - 09:33 AM, said:

Was it like that before? I think I remember pts system adding +100 for team win and +100 for the top player, but I'm not sure if it was like that. Also top of the losing team was awarded by 100 pts, that was even if you're in a bad team you could still make some progress. I think if you add 100 points more for the top player than it would be really easy to get the Top League. Lower Leagues have 300 points required to progress, so you get 100 for advancing in the first place, then get to be the top player in a winning match and you're already in the next League. That doesn't sound right...Maybe points required should be adjusted for that.

It was nerfed season before last because players complained it was too easy, yeah...

But i'd rather have it easier, it helps morale rather than making people rage, quit and complain in frustration then never play ranked again. It was 300 for lower leagues then 500 for Master and Chief Master. I understand your point but taking 90 minutes to make it out of Silver doesn't sound right either. If it wasn't for Contracts, i would only play 1 match to qualify then go back to Multiplayer.

I'm not a guy who really shows emotion but last time, i was stuck in Gold League, needing 1 win on 4 separate occasions then needing 300 points, got exhausting and drains your energy to play, i could sense the frustration last season so instead of staying and working myself down, i went into Multiplayer and felt better, it was like going on a whole new game. Contracts at least kept me focused this time.

i generally post more News on Twitter these days but "may" post on Forum from time to time on my Future Vehicles Thread

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/205056-future-update-vehicle-changes/

Disclaimer Below: If you don't read it and take my guesses as fact then it's not my fault.

Jope2209 #8 Posted 08 October 2018 - 09:54 AM

Major

• Players
  • 25199 battles

View PostMASHMAN 90, on 08 October 2018 - 09:44 AM, said:

It was nerfed season before last because players complained it was too easy, yeah...

But i'd rather have it easier, it helps morale rather than making people rage, quit and complain in frustration then never play ranked again. It was 300 for lower leagues then 500 for Master and Chief Master. I understand your point but taking 90 minutes to make it out of Silver doesn't sound right either. If it wasn't for Contracts, i would only play 1 match to qualify then go back to Multiplayer.

I'm not a guy who really shows emotion but last time, i was stuck in Gold League, needing 1 win on 4 separate occasions then needing 300 points, got exhausting and drains your energy to play, i could sense the frustration last season so instead of staying and working myself down, i went into Multiplayer and felt better, it was like going on a whole new game. Contracts at least kept me focused this time.

Yes, but other than I think RB in this format really helps players learn a thing or two. 7v7 is much more intense and one player can make a difference. Also an oportunity to play some tier X's, earn some silver in process and adding Contracts was a nice touch and a plus. Pts system needs some polishing and it does get kinda old seeing same players on your team battle after battle and you've seen their performance not being up to the task, to put it mildly.

Jope2209 #9 Posted 08 October 2018 - 09:59 AM

Major

• Players
  • 25199 battles

View Poststeelheadclan, on 08 October 2018 - 03:34 AM, said:

That not losing position for top performance saved my butt a few times.

I see what your saying if your at bottom of league 

Yup, saves a lot of nerves sometimes. Last night I've had a 4 battles in a row and it was like Cliff-Port-Cliff-Port.. Team got steamrolled all four times, but after the first one I started to recognize players from earlier matches and if I saw some names I would adjust accordingly. So, farmed some dmg and really tried to score 5-6 pens at least to reach top of the list if we lose, and as you said it saved my buttt (and my points).

steelheadclan #10 Posted 08 October 2018 - 02:42 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14407 battles

View PostJope2209, on 08 October 2018 - 01:59 AM, said:

Yup, saves a lot of nerves sometimes. Last night I've had a 4 battles in a row and it was like Cliff-Port-Cliff-Port.. Team got steamrolled all four times, but after the first one I started to recognize players from earlier matches and if I saw some names I would adjust accordingly. So, farmed some dmg and really tried to score 5-6 pens at least to reach top of the list if we lose, and as you said it saved my buttt (and my points).

lol. 

Recognizing Special players was a valuable skill this weekend, I did the same when I had them. 

Farm like a boss to not loose position. 

One game I had the special player dream team but luckily I was in my bat chat as I was quickly all alone against 5. 

It was my biggest game in ranked and I almost won it. 

Also tagged with Ranked battles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users