Crossplatform

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

OlOMARKYOlO #1 Posted 08 October 2018 - 05:24 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23679 battles
  • [WOTUK]

Hello WG, Now that sony and Microsoft have officially said they will be doing cross platform i was wondering now thats its possible if you's have plans in the future to cross xb1 with ps4 at some point? Thanks.

boom boom boom

Sammael85 #2 Posted 08 October 2018 - 06:21 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21330 battles
  • [FAC]
Ehm, you got any piece of info with EXACTLY that paragraph? That MS and Sony had done an accord to promote crossplaying in ANY game.

One thing is Fortnite and it's developers managing to get that, other is something as big as letting all the games getting that.

You can imagine, Battlefield V, RDR 2, any CoD... EVERYTHING would get cross platform playing, and sure that's not easy to happen.

"Como se te ocurre pensar eso, ¿no ves que todos los "Pros" tiran premium ? Por algo sera, solo unos pocos están capacitados para hacerlo" - By Enjamio

Si eres español/hispano y te sientes aislado por WG, no estás solo: Hay un Batallón Exiliado dispuesto a ayudarte

Frags, autism, shenanigans and utter lag HERE

Panzerfahrer1976 #3 Posted 08 October 2018 - 09:36 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14573 battles
  • [INV]
Fortnite is a test! Sony will see and check , nothing more planned atm 

Jope2209 #4 Posted 08 October 2018 - 09:44 AM

Major

• Players
  • 28221 battles

That's only Fortnite for now, but I guess Sony will allow it if they can make some money out of it. Question is, which games can be in that exclusive Sony's ''Circle of Trust''.

''Greg'' = WoTC? :sceptic:

Jk, we all hope it will include WoTC when it becomes alive. It would be great for the game.

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

3 MoE tanks: T-34, Pz IVH, Tiger I, Pz.Kpfw. T 25, M7, T-50

New updated poll - please take a minute and cast your votes for the least preferred map in rotation (2019)

SprungNickel427 #5 Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:59 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29149 battles
  • [UMFF5]

https://www.vg247.com/2019/02/13/shawn-layden-sony-stance-cross-platform-dev-call-out/

Layden VP Sony:

“People keep saying, ‘Why doesn’t Sony allow more people to have it?’ We’re open for business on this one. All it takes is for publishers and developers who wish to permission it. As ever, just work with your PlayStation account manager, and they will walk you through the steps that we’ve learned through our partnership with Epic on how this works.

“I don’t believe right now there is any gating factor on that. I think they’re open to make proposals, because the Fortnite thing worked pretty well.”

From the gaming community in favor of Crossplay or open cross-platform : 

Following the publication of the interview, the CEO of Chucklefish, who recently published Wargroove, shared their experience of asking Sony to enable the feature for their game. For reference, Wargroove launched with cross-platform support for PC, Xbox One, and Switch.

“We made many requests for crossplay (both through our account manager and directly with higher ups) all the way up until release month. We were told in no uncertain terms that it was not going to happen,” they wrote on ResetEra.

“From our side, we can literally toggle a switch and have it working. Of course policy work might be more complicated for Sony.

“Just wanted to provide some balance on the issue and say that it certainly isn’t a question of developers having not contacted their account managers or having dropped the ball. We were told no.”

WGCB Paingod Gregg, Where are you on PS4/Xbox crossplay? 

@Raibot01 here's a none softball question that can positively impact the game and matchmaker. Any news on this?

Sovietdeath #6 Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:01 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15232 battles

View PostSprungNickel427, on 13 February 2019 - 03:59 PM, said:

Spoiler

WGCB Paingod Gregg, Where are you on PS4/Xbox crossplay? 

@Raibot01 here's a none softball question that can positively impact the game and matchmaker. Any news on this?

They have answered before but they are litteraly at about the same point, they are fully able to run WoTConsole cross platform. And have done it "in house" they are waiting on the same exact situation "Sony" to ok it.

XT356 #7 Posted 14 February 2019 - 08:05 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 6615 battles
  • [SCRBS]
Well, I want cross platform clans. I need to see more SCRBS running around.

Edited by XT356, 14 February 2019 - 08:05 PM.

"I will eat your unhappiness"

"Time... line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!"

"I hope you brought you wallet...cuz the rent in HELL gets paying in advance!"

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users