Tank training for single player.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Tank Training in Single Player mode. (5 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Are you for or against a Tank Training in Single Player mode.

1. Pro (5 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. Contra (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Hide poll

Morpheus02007 #1 Posted 09 October 2018 - 06:44 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12063 battles

It would be great to have an option to take control of a test tank of choice, set it up at an angle or postion you want, and then the possibility to take control of an other tank for testing where I can pen the other tank. Now you always need someone to help you with that in Team Training.

I would use that test mode on a very regular base.

I added a poll. That way WG can see how many people are interested in this mode.

Garage

Thanks to xRoni7x for this awesome sig!

Jope2209 #2 Posted 09 October 2018 - 06:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22890 battles

View PostMorpheus02007, on 09 October 2018 - 06:44 PM, said:

It would be great to have an option to take control of a test tank of choice, set it up at an angle or postion you want, and then the possibility to take control of an other tank for testing where I can pen the other tank. Now you always need someone to help you with that in Team Training.

I would use that test mode on a very regular base.

They could do it in Life Fire Practice if they weren't too concerned about nerfing silver earnings and buffing the bots so you can't get all objectives finished.

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

3 MoE tanks: T-34, Pz IVH, Tiger I, Pz.Kpfw. T 25

Poll - Choose your least preferred map (removed maps* included, Nomonhan map added to Poll)

Morpheus02007 #3 Posted 09 October 2018 - 07:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12063 battles

View PostJope2209, on 09 October 2018 - 07:57 PM, said:

They could do it in Life Fire Practice if they weren't too concerned about nerfing silver earnings and buffing the bots so you can't get all objectives finished.

Yeah...but I want something like this

For example:

Have problem to penetrate the turret of the Trinity with a T29 in game. After the game I want to go to the test mode, and I would setup a Trinity and then switch to the T29 and start testing where I can pen the turret of the Trinity.

You can do it in Team Training, but you need someone else to help you with something that is boring. I would use this mode a lot to do some testing at which angle I can pen things etc....

A good idea? Or not?

Garage

Thanks to xRoni7x for this awesome sig!

RUNNINGDUDE1 #4 Posted 09 October 2018 - 07:42 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 20922 battles
I would go for it and even have the option to set up AI tanks of higher tiers with the means to have them fully upgraded or not so new players can learn the weak spots. Live fired could really use that

Jope2209 #5 Posted 09 October 2018 - 07:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22890 battles

View PostMorpheus02007, on 09 October 2018 - 07:26 PM, said:

Yeah...but I want something like this

For example:

Have problem to penetrate the turret of the Trinity with a T29 in game. After the game I want to go to the test mode, and I would setup a Trinity and then switch to the T29 and start testing where I can pen the turret of the Trinity.

You can do it in Team Training, but you need someone else to help you with something that is boring. I would use this mode a lot to do some testing at which angle I can pen things etc....

A good idea? Or not?

Great idea, no doubt about that...Which leads to a conclusion that it will probably be ignored by devs.

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

3 MoE tanks: T-34, Pz IVH, Tiger I, Pz.Kpfw. T 25

Poll - Choose your least preferred map (removed maps* included, Nomonhan map added to Poll)

lethalkillerdan #6 Posted 13 October 2018 - 12:24 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14030 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostJope2209, on 09 October 2018 - 08:48 PM, said:

Great idea, no doubt about that...Which leads to a conclusion that it will probably be ignored by devs.

This ^

The game suggestions just gets ignored now, I've tried in the past to suggest things and they've just been completely ignored, no response from WG. So now I've just given up on the game completely. A bit bored so I thought I'd give this a quick check.
A quick post like "we already have that down or I'll pass it on" would be enough from WG to show they actually listen. Take the game suggestions first page now, one reply from WG, one in a full page. Either they've fired more of their staff or they have just given up and trying to milk the last bit out of the game.

In regards to the OP. I personally think it'll be too much work on WG's part, if they ever agreed to do it they'd drag it along for years before giving up. They don't see any £££ $$$ in this but it could be useful for people to learn weakspots and just general tactics.

EU Server, Xbox One Player

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users