Perhaps a way to stop the complaints of interaction?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

choppermeir #1 Posted 09 October 2018 - 07:30 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6700 battles
  • [FILTH]

So I have a suggestion, my last one of a fun 7v7 between EU and CB devs didn't really generate interest mainly just salt so perhaps another suggestion.

Bare with me it's a little long to build up, so earlier this year a very popular FPS game from a swedish dev team was announced. The release trailer was quite hated for silly reasons and the following lack of communication from the team further angered even more people made even worse by the head man calling it's customers "uneducated".

Now to my suggestion, the said Swedish dev team of the other game finally realised just how bad it was getting and came up with an idea that has been a raging success and has helped to turn people around and start to get excited for the game.

WG is often complained about for it's lack of comms with it's customers and seem hell bent on keeping things shrouded in secrecy like Nuclear warhead codes.

So the idea I copied is that for a month the dev team take control of the official wot console Twitter account, do it in three day shifts for a month allow an ask me almost anything kind of set up wit each dev introducing who they are and their job while welcoming questions from people, like I said this has been a success for a certain company and it allowed them to show in real time (ish) how and what they do as a job. Showing things like how you work on physics or tank design/graphics, maybe slipping a tiny little tid bit of info for people to digest and get excited for.

Long post I know but it genuinely has changed the attitude towards another game and yes I know w have the Q+A thing but isn't real time and usually is a no comment kind of deal.

Thanks for reading 

Come see me stream over on https://twitch.tv/choppermeir you never know you might enjoy it

Thrillhelm #2 Posted 09 October 2018 - 07:39 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24887 battles
  • [7ARMD]
Just for clarification: the reasons why the trailer of said game from a certain Swedish developer was hated weren't silly since the Swedish devs tried to push a certain agenda without asking the player base if that's a good idea or not.

choppermeir #3 Posted 09 October 2018 - 07:41 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6700 battles
  • [FILTH]

View PostThrillhelm, on 09 October 2018 - 07:39 PM, said:

Just for clarification: the reasons why the trailer of said game from a certain Swedish developer was hated weren't silly since the Swedish devs tried to push a certain agenda without asking the player base if that's a good idea or not.

Its their game at the end of the day. I agree the customisation was bad but the gender row was silly. 

Come see me stream over on https://twitch.tv/choppermeir you never know you might enjoy it

choppermeir #4 Posted 09 October 2018 - 11:20 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6700 battles
  • [FILTH]
No advances? 

Gallant Prime #5 Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:19 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 38775 battles
  • [47R]

A preview:

Spoiler

In short, the problem is not the communication.  I don't think there is any confusion about what various players want (some opinions are in conflict though).  WG does put information out there, but there are many times people don't notice it (there can be a lot of noise to filter through) or bother to look it up.  The problem is more of whether or not people hear what they want to hear.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users