MM

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

ShapeshifterOS #1 Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:21 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6885 battles
  • [SRT]

You may want to consider it’s not the MM that’s the issue, but rather your attitude that’s at fault. Instead of being down and complaining about being bottom tier you should look at it as more of a challenge and improve yourself. Learn your tanks, the game mechanics and map positions. As they say practice makes perfect. Even when bottom tier you can have a huge influence in the outcome of a match if you play intelligently. Also, using the proper square mini-map gives you a ton of info on tank positions at all times.

Here we have a video of my T20 in a tier 9 match. Pay attention to my position relative to the other tanks on my team. I keep myself close enough to support my top tier team mate while keeping in radio range of the red line campers in the back so they can shoot stuff me and the Patton are engaging/spotting. Working the ridgeline puts my T20 in a favorable position, I can also attack both flanks from this spot. Once the enemy lines thin out that is when I take the opportunity to play more aggressive and push up. Notice how I always communicate with my team by marking targets of importance. Even if a lot of the time people will ignore you and do their own thing, it is always worth trying for those few times the team may actually cooperate. Marking every target as soon as they appear though is not a good thing. This is where knowing what to prioritize and when is important. It’s always better to eliminate easy to kill targets that are dangerous rather than focusing the heavy that’ll keep your team tied up while you get flanked and overrun. Be wary of flankers and scouts. A good scout can be huge game changer as I’ve demonstrated. Scouting doesn’t mean you have to yolo suicide, the enemy lights are a perfect example of how not to scout.

Xbox: AdmrHackett

ATHFjman18 #2 Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15079 battles
  • [JOCO]
I can make any tank work top or bottom tier, but when the matchmaker decides it wants to give one team 7 top tier tanks and the other team 3 top tier tanks, it’s a deep hole to dig out of...that’s the crap that needs fixing...

desouza1971 #3 Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:37 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 10179 battles

Good game! RNG gods were very kind to you as well. 

I'm normally in the red team these days. Unless I pull a great win, it's a loss.  Lol

The T20 play is similar to T23E3, one of my favs and my only 11 kill in a game. 

Thanks for posting!

PS: love this map in a medium or light as well!

ShapeshifterOS #4 Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:40 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6885 battles
  • [SRT]

View PostATHFjman18, on 10 October 2018 - 02:32 PM, said:

I can make any tank work top or bottom tier, but when the matchmaker decides it wants to give one team 7 top tier tanks and the other team 3 top tier tanks, it’s a deep hole to dig out of...that’s the crap that needs fixing...

A lot of the time that has to do with platoons breaking the MM or long queue times. More times than not MM works as intended. With player counts dropping it puts more strain on the system to make a balanced match.

ATHFjman18 #5 Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:12 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15079 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostShapeshifterOS, on 10 October 2018 - 05:40 PM, said:

A lot of the time that has to do with platoons breaking the MM or long queue times. More times than not MM works as intended. With player counts dropping it puts more strain on the system to make a balanced match.

The platoons are part of the problem. If anything those 4-5 man platoons should remain in the queue a little bit longer to equally match them or something to that effect.

aisle4cleanup #6 Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:18 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38368 battles
  • [A4C]

View PostShapeshifterOS, on 10 October 2018 - 02:40 PM, said:

Your post is both right and wrong. Being bottom tier should not be a complaint, it is a time to learn and you can make a huge difference. On the other hand, the thing that most everyone complains about is the mismatched (as discussed above), while WG may use the excuse that platoons mess things up you cannot expect anyone to accept that it is truly that hard for a massive brained computer cannot be programmed to check platoons and match things up. Additionally, you see a lot of the mismatches when no platoons are present so that doesn't fly very far anyway. I do agree that MM is working just as WG wants it to work though, there is no argument there.

dreadnought8283 #7 Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:58 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2360 battles

View PostATHFjman18, on 10 October 2018 - 05:12 PM, said:

The platoons are part of the problem. If anything those 4-5 man platoons should remain in the queue a little bit longer to equally match them or something to that effect.

The platoons definitely pose a problem an need to be limited to a 2-3 man toon max, but I've also seen matches as well with few to no platoons with nothing but heavies/destroyers on one team while the other has a mix bag. So whether it's toons, declining populations, or mm something has to be done to correct the problem.

TocFanKe4 #8 Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:15 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18697 battles
  • [GIRLS]
If you're an 8 fighting tier X every 2 out of 3 matches, there's no way you're going to be doing as well as if you get a third  each top mid bottom. Yeah, you can fight and do ok, but it's going to depress how well you do.

Till the Servers fall apart and burn

CatSnipah #9 Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:18 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21455 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostATHFjman18, on 10 October 2018 - 10:32 PM, said:

Yarp

bevenh #10 Posted 11 October 2018 - 01:28 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25990 battles
Still the bottom line here is players are not happy. MM is only one element of player unhappyness. Why is the player population getting smaller? Only a few top players are happy nowadays. Say what you want people will continue to leave this game.

RawleyF #11 Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:51 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 6922 battles

It's not complaing when you've dumped over $500 across platforms.  It's constructive criticism.  Do you not have any criticisms for WoT?  If so, you surely have the right to speak up and voice those. I, like many, hate MM.  I have plenty of suggestions but I've typed them ad nauseam.  

TocFanKe4 #12 Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:14 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18697 battles
  • [GIRLS]
Any problems I have with MM would go away if more people played.  Cross platform can't arrive soon enough

Till the Servers fall apart and burn

BoereJack #13 Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:36 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 29323 battles
  • [DUTCH]

Mm whiners are there own problem, blame everyyhing except look in the mirror to see what they could have done better...

bottomtier is easy ace tankers, aleays on the top of the board etc....

i like the challenge when bottomtier, just as much as the walk in the park toptier

My Youtube Channel Filled With WOT PS4 Gameplay: https://www.youtube....FnoS605ne-GYwiA --->Twitchchannel Search for: Boerejack15 

My current projects for first Moe's:

Premiums --->Ram II, Defiance, Champion, Hidden, E25, British Bulldog, M4 Champion

Tier X's --->T92, AMX 30B, Rhm Panzer, Leopard 1, B-C 155 58, 121, 

ShapeshifterOS #14 Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:01 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6885 battles
  • [SRT]

View PostRawleyF, on 10 October 2018 - 07:51 PM, said:

It's not complaing when you've dumped over $500 across platforms.  It's constructive criticism.  Do you not have any criticisms for WoT?  If so, you surely have the right to speak up and voice those. I, like many, hate MM.  I have plenty of suggestions but I've typed them ad nauseam.  

Those who complain about the current MM system just don’t know how good they got it. Would you rather WG used the original +4/-4 system? It really isn’t the biggest issue right now and it’s still rare that the MM screws up that bad.

TBO K1LL4C4M #15 Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:05 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8336 battles

View PostShapeshifterOS, on 11 October 2018 - 07:01 AM, said:

Those who complain about the current MM system just don’t know how good they got it. Would you rather WG used the original +4/-4 system? It really isn’t the biggest issue right now and it’s still rare that the MM screws up that bad.

I don't mind beeing bottom Tier, great opportunity to earn xp and silver. I do mind about a broken system. Even on peak times you have matches with 2 Platoons on one side and none of the other, Low Tier Platoons on one side high Tier Platoons on the other side,  one side have 4 Low Tiers and no overall Low Tiers for the other. On a t9 Match one high Tier more can't compensate 4 T7 Tanks, thats just ridiculous. And that all happened to me yesterday in at least 5 out of 20 matches. I wouldnt call that rare. And this broken mm system beside of unbalanced tanks is the biggest issue for me.

killer etzi0 #16 Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:59 AM

Major

• Players
  • 51000 battles
  • [47R]
The main issue with MM is it struggles with platoons/balance and I've seen many times where one team has 2 or 3 tier VIII's while the other only has IX's and X's, or worse yet the red team is ALL  tier X's.

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

Ronald Reagan

ZZ80 #17 Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:59 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 5138 battles
I don't mind beeing bottom tier. I feel it's balanced with the times beeing top tier. What I do not like about matchmaking are uneven spreads of tank classes. In the last weeks I too often saw teams with 5+ top tier heavies vs. 0 same tier heavies on the opposing team. Yesterday had a game with ~8 TD in one team and only 1 in the other...?!

Black RL #18 Posted 11 October 2018 - 01:02 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 49288 battles
I want to believe that all this is not just promotion for your video, but I have doubts.

When bottom tier you only endure if your competition is a bunch of noobs or if your tank is op for its own tier.

Gotta catch them all! ^^

My hateful 4: Food a p2w mechanism, New player experience vs veteran player, Are overpowered premium tanks p2w? and Why World of Tanks can't shake off being perceived as a p2w game. About RNG: RNG affects the outcome of games, here's why.

See what happens to your tank in real time when you use equipment, supplies or crew skills in tanks.gg

Tankatar #19 Posted 11 October 2018 - 01:10 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 6369 battles

View PostTocFanKe4, on 11 October 2018 - 12:14 AM, said:

Any problems I have with MM would go away if more people played. Cross platform can't arrive soon enough

I agree and WS and PG playing are hurting multiplayer population currently..More incentives to play multiplayer is needed, not boring,cheap ops, just sayin.

Edited by Tankatar, 11 October 2018 - 02:30 PM.

XT356 #20 Posted 11 October 2018 - 01:11 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4993 battles

You are 100% correct. It is not the mm fault for stellar match ups.

https://xboxdvr.com/...enshot/10591266

https://xboxdvr.com/...enshot/10591272

https://xboxdvr.com/...enshot/10575909

You are right, so, please enlighten me on how to better myself when thrown into these very well balanced matches.

I will eat your unhappiness.

Also tagged with MM

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users