MM

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

XT356 #21 Posted 11 October 2018 - 01:13 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5900 battles

View PostZZ80, on 11 October 2018 - 06:59 AM, said:

I don't mind beeing bottom tier. I feel it's balanced with the times beeing top tier. What I do not like about matchmaking are uneven spreads of tank classes. In the last weeks I too often saw teams with 5+ top tier heavies vs. 0 same tier heavies on the opposing team. Yesterday had a game with ~8 TD in one team and only 1 in the other...?!

So, something alone these lines:

https://xboxdvr.com/...enshot/10533543

I will eat your unhappiness.

"Time... line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!"

Ronin Gaidin #22 Posted 11 October 2018 - 01:32 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30581 battles

For me, it isn't about being bottom tier - that's to be expected, and is part of the game.

The issue is when some players (worst case when it is me, of course) are clearly being used as "filler" in a game. By this, I mean things like driving a Tier VII, getting a Tier IX game, and literally being the ONLY bottom tier tank in the game. Or driving a Tier VIII and getting a game with 29 Tier X's....   and you. Where clearly the MM decided it was better to throw a useless tank or two into a game rather than have the other 28 people wait a couple more seconds.

The other issue that I just don't understand is why we see games where one team has three or four more Top Tier tanks than the other. You would think that after the 30 players were chosen that the system could spend the extra 5 milliseconds of computing time to then balance the teams based on those 30 tanks. Even with platoons and such, there are always enough solo players per team where you can look at it and say "if we just swapped these two tanks for these other two tanks, this game would be balanced". And most of us can do that in about two seconds just by looking at it. 

LadyTanker #23 Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 5867 battles

Ok, granted--sometimes attitude is the factor. But when you have 8-10 tank destroyers on one team and 8-10 heavies on the other--that's not exactly a good match. 

Or maybe say one tier 5, three tier 6, and the rest tier 7 vs three tier 5, seven tier 6, and the rest tier 7.

mikkoj #24 Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:27 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 24014 battles
I don t mind being bottom tier (would actually like 3-5-7 from PC). There is difference being bottom tier and being snack to 1 or 2 tiers higher tanks when there are only few tanks of your own tier.  No it is not good thing to happen to anyone even if i have good MM. 

Unkempt #25 Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:34 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18949 battles
  • [SRT]
Being bottom tier is never the problem IMO. Expecting your top tier teammates to do the bare minimum job is. They don't and you get to embrace the suck. 

YouTube

"Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your BOOK!"

XT356 #26 Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:42 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5900 battles

View PostUnkempt, on 11 October 2018 - 09:34 AM, said:

Being bottom tier is never the problem IMO. Expecting your top tier teammates to do the bare minimum job is. They don't and you get to embrace the suck. 

That statement is very true. Had a match in the Vk36 that an is5 kept following me and trying to sniper. WHY would you snipe with that tank???? Anyways, he hid the whole time like a little [edited]. Or your team is being help up by one or two tanks, so you push up to draw their fire and end up dying because you team decided to not help out. 

Here it is:

https://xboxdvr.com/...enshot/10575752

He also stole two of my kills. 

Edited by XT356, 11 October 2018 - 04:03 PM.

I will eat your unhappiness.

"Time... line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!"

Blossomy_Hippo #27 Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:58 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5677 battles
  • [ALPI]

View PostShapeshifterOS, on 10 October 2018 - 10:21 PM, said:

You may want to consider it’s not the MM that’s the issue, but rather your attitude that’s at fault. Instead of being down and complaining about being bottom tier you should look at it as more of a challenge and improve yourself. Learn your tanks, the game mechanics and map positions. As they say practice makes perfect. Even when bottom tier you can have a huge influence in the outcome of a match if you play intelligently. Also, using the proper square mini-map gives you a ton of info on tank positions at all times.

Here we have a video of my T20 in a tier 9 match. Pay attention to my position relative to the other tanks on my team. I keep myself close enough to support my top tier team mate while keeping in radio range of the red line campers in the back so they can shoot stuff me and the Patton are engaging/spotting. Working the ridgeline puts my T20 in a favorable position, I can also attack both flanks from this spot. Once the enemy lines thin out that is when I take the opportunity to play more aggressive and push up. Notice how I always communicate with my team by marking targets of importance. Even if a lot of the time people will ignore you and do their own thing, it is always worth trying for those few times the team may actually cooperate. Marking every target as soon as they appear though is not a good thing. This is where knowing what to prioritize and when is important. It’s always better to eliminate easy to kill targets that are dangerous rather than focusing the heavy that’ll keep your team tied up while you get flanked and overrun. Be wary of flankers and scouts. A good scout can be huge game changer as I’ve demonstrated. Scouting doesn’t mean you have to yolo suicide, the enemy lights are a perfect example of how not to scout.

Yeah well, gg. However the T20 is one the best mediums tier for tier so that's not surprising, as well as having tier X pen with its prammo.

Mediums in general have an easier time when bottom tier compared to lights and heavies. Those two rely on mobility and vision control and big boomsticks (generally speaking) and armor to get the job done: i would say that at least 50% of the time you are bottom tier you're helpless, either because your tank just can't deal with any of the machines on opfor or because of the map (this is very true for bottom light tanks) and must rely on your team pushing and not folding too fast. 

Personally i've finished first in the damage charts as a bottom heavy/light plenty of times, which means i indeed swayed the result of the battle, however that only came to pass because my team was playing in a way that i could exploit; that has waaaay less impact when you're top, as you can pretty much carry an entire flank if you play your tank right.

Edited by Blossomy_Hippo, 11 October 2018 - 04:00 PM.

*PS4 Stats*

F4ST-D3V1LS #28 Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:20 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 18267 battles
  • [NLDBE]
Bla bla bla... "see it as a challenge" bla bla bla... "get to know your tank" bla bla bla...
Stop defending -2/+2 mm, it serves no other purpose other than cut down mm time.
You'll have plenty a challenge facing tanks that are 1 tier up, and if you say you dont you're either boasting or just out of touch with the actual playerbase (oh wait...)

Bottom line is a pz iv should never see a tiger or a t25 etc etc...

Also: i think most of us aren't masochists and like a fair chance at doing well.
Also also: It's pretty much a given fact that the playerbase would've been a little healthier if we had -1/+1 from the very start.

3 Marked tanks: Aufklärungspanzer Panther - Tiger 131 - M36 Jackson - Pz.V/IV "Rammpanzer"

Lysith3a #29 Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:39 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13014 battles
MM definitely has problems, but most are tolerable. I find the bigger problem to be the amount of muppets you often get paired with. People who seem to have no idea of the objectives, or seem to think they're playing CoD where kills are everything.

I aim to misbehave

TBO K1LL4C4M #30 Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:51 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9171 battles

View PostF4ST-D3V1LS, on 11 October 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

Bla bla bla... "see it as a challenge" bla bla bla... "get to know your tank" bla bla bla...
Stop defending -2/+2 mm, it serves no other purpose other than cut down mm time.
You'll have plenty a challenge facing tanks that are 1 tier up, and if you say you dont you're either boasting or just out of touch with the actual playerbase (oh wait...)

Bottom line is a pz iv should never see a tiger or a t25 etc etc...

Also: i think most of us aren't masochists and like a fair chance at doing well.
Also also: It's pretty much a given fact that the playerbase would've been a little healthier if we had -1/+1 from the very start.

You prolly never came out first as t8 (medium) in a t10 match: Boss mode

VKSheridan #31 Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:23 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21434 battles

Bottom tier, mid tier, top tier - Meh, I don’t care.

It means absolutely squat to me.  I scan red’s roster to determine what tanks are in the match, who might have marked barrels and go from there.  I say this for a couple reasons:

1). Just because a tank is top tier (red or green), it doesn’t mean the driver is.

2). Just because a tank is bottom tier (red or green), it doesn’t mean the driver is.

3).  My shells can kill anything in the match if I don’t play my tank stupid.

I think it’s funny how folks get all fixated on where they fall on green’s roster.  Green’s gun isn’t going to kill you and they aren’t there to defend you so where you stack amongst them means diddle.  At most, where you stack against the red you’re about to engage might be worth considering.  If the red dude in front of you is a noob in a top tier tank, he’s far less of a threat than that ace flanking you in a bottom tier tank.  In fact, I’d rather face a platoon of unmarked Deathstars loaded with Premium than a single 3 marked Lycan loaded with AP any day.  Any day.

I used to just hang back when bottom tier while the big boys fought it out until I realized, the reds that live through that fight probably aren’t the noobs and me facing them after the ranks are thinned isn’t the brightest.  Sure, red might lose some health before they engage me but they darn sure didn’t lose the skill they used to kill off our big guns.  Laying back guaranteed I’d never farm hp off the try-hards and assured me I’d get to face the real killers (with potentially less hp to farm).  Brilliant.

After learning the hard way, I play my tank these days knowing it can kill any tank in the match if I use it right and if I’m facing red with marked barrels, I’d best play it smart.  The rest are just red targets hoping I do something dumb.

There’s just too many games where the top tier tanks die with goose eggs to convince me their tier means I’m at any disadvantage unless I put my tank in a position where a noob can hit me.

TLDR: Your place on the roster means nothing.

ShapeshifterOS #32 Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:23 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7327 battles
  • [SRT]

View PostBlack RL, on 11 October 2018 - 05:02 AM, said:

I want to believe that all this is not just promotion for your video, but I have doubts.

When bottom tier you only endure if your competition is a bunch of noobs or if your tank is op for its own tier.

Both teams were a bunch of muppets. Did you not see the video? Half my team camped the red line. All I’m saying is it’s pointless to dwell on something out of your control and instead play according to the hand you’re delt. Whether that be crap teams, lopsided MM or bottom tier.

Xbox: AdmrHackett

Black RL #33 Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:58 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 50095 battles

View PostShapeshifterOS, on 11 October 2018 - 05:23 PM, said:

Both teams were a bunch of muppets. Did you not see the video? Half my team camped the red line. All I’m saying is it’s pointless to dwell on something out of your control and instead play according to the hand you’re delt. Whether that be crap teams, lopsided MM or bottom tier.

Agreed, that’s what I try to do.

No, did not watch it, still at work.

Gotta catch them all! ^^

My hateful 4: Food a p2w mechanism, New player experience vs veteran player, Are overpowered premium tanks p2w? and Why World of Tanks can't shake off being perceived as a p2w game. About RNG: RNG affects the outcome of games, here's why.

See what happens to your tank in real time when you use equipment, supplies or crew skills in tanks.gg

F4ST-D3V1LS #34 Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:00 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 18267 battles
  • [NLDBE]

View PostTBO K1LL4C4M, on 11 October 2018 - 04:51 PM, said:

You prolly never came out first as t8 (medium) in a t10 match: Boss mode

"prolly" more often than you did ;)

3 Marked tanks: Aufklärungspanzer Panther - Tiger 131 - M36 Jackson - Pz.V/IV "Rammpanzer"

Saerbhreathach #35 Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:38 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 21087 battles

There's no such thing as "proper mini map". Use what works for YOU. Neither mini map is "better" than the other. ;)

kromhout55 #36 Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:45 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28365 battles

"Also: i think most of us aren't masochists and like a fair chance at doing well."

I think that statement just about sums up everyone's wish, to have a fair chance of doing well because of a balanced team produced by the MM and enjoying the game at the same time.

TBO K1LL4C4M #37 Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:43 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9171 battles

View PostF4ST-D3V1LS, on 11 October 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

"prolly" more often than you did ;)

If so, i don't get your complaining then Mate. 

CowboyArizona #38 Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:51 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 19413 battles

OP's post summarized - don't mention issues with the game.  Everyone should just play amazing in those situations like I do.

F4ST-D3V1LS #39 Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:58 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 18267 battles
  • [NLDBE]

View PostTBO K1LL4C4M, on 11 October 2018 - 07:43 PM, said:

If so, i don't get your complaining then Mate. 

Stating one's opinion is not automatically "complaining" if the overall consensus is that of disagreement.

But here i am wasting my time with you…

The joke's on me really.

Tankatar #40 Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:13 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 7656 battles
Eliminate 3 tier mm..and only have 2 tiers. ...like 5,6..6,7..7,8 etc..No more what is called Bottom Tier. 

Edited by Tankatar, 11 October 2018 - 09:14 PM.

Also tagged with MM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users