Jump to content


Great Idea - New Elite level for gamers to strive for. Plus Rest of World Tech Tree?


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

ubik_08 #1 Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:44 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19538 battles
  • 117
  • Member since:
    07-05-2016

I've just watched a good video from the 'Infographics Show' naming the current Top 10 tanks in the world. It seems modern armour would laugh at the current Tier 9 and 10s. I'm thinking Tankers could get access to these modern tanks by 3 Marking their Tier 10s or attaining a high level of XP. Tankers whom have already done this could maybe start at half the required level to still give them something to strive for. New Elite Tier similar to Ranked Battles format? It would put some new life into the game and I think it would appeal more to the core WOT audience than the gimmicky Mercenaries promotion? 

From the film I also learned that South Korea and Israel develop their own tanks, so how about a Rest of World Tech Tree. Early tiers could reflect some interesting ideas from around the world not currently catered for. Mitsubishi of Japan have also developed a REAL modern heavy tank (hint hint). 

If anyone wants to view the movie (6mins) try the source Infographics Show, WOT PS4 English speaking group or I can try and paste it.

Do you think WOT might reward me for these Game enhancing ideas?



Thekidkybo #2 Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:27 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4860 battles
  • 144
  • [UK-TS]
  • Member since:
    08-13-2017

View Postubik_08, on 11 October 2018 - 08:44 AM, said:

Do you think WOT might reward me for these Game enhancing ideas?

Erm, reward...NO, ban...PROBABLY

:D



TBO K1LL4C4M #3 Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:17 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 8304 battles
  • 359
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014
You might have noticed the tech tree stops at mid 1960's. WoT only includes Tanks and blueprints from 1920's-1960's beside of the Merc crap. A lot of players actually thought the Merc Tanks would be the "world Tank Tech tree".


ubik_08 #4 Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:44 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19538 battles
  • 117
  • Member since:
    07-05-2016

View PostTBO K1LL4C4M, on 11 October 2018 - 12:17 PM, said:

You might have noticed the tech tree stops at mid 1960's. WoT only includes Tanks and blueprints from 1920's-1960's beside of the Merc crap. A lot of players actually thought the Merc Tanks would be the "world Tank Tech tree".

 

Yes, thinking about it. They are 40-50 years old. It may be naming/publishing rights? I'm sure WOT makes decent revenues but they may be guilty of trying to milk their fans dry with the constant Premium tanks. Time to try something new WOT or people will possibly leave. Good offer today though with 4 free garage places.

TBO K1LL4C4M #5 Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:22 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 8304 battles
  • 359
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View Postubik_08, on 12 October 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

 

Yes, thinking about it. They are 40-50 years old. It may be naming/publishing rights? I'm sure WOT makes decent revenues but they may be guilty of trying to milk their fans dry with the constant Premium tanks. Time to try something new WOT or people will possibly leave. Good offer today though with 4 free garage places.

The timeline stop was always intended since the beginning of WoT on PC. The most people don't leave because of the Timeline stop and they do add new stuff. Implenting of modern Tanks will be actually killing the Game as they would be overpowered as hell so therefore wgcb must afford so much work it would be a new game.

 

Also somewhere near "realistic" modern tank battles are actually boring as hell to play. Fighting ranges over Miles, tows, laser designator, Infrared, aiming computers etc pp.

That are also actually the reasons of the timeline stop.






4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users