Jump to content


Google v Microsoft .. More players coming to tanks ?


  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

CatSnipah #21 Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:26 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21978 battles
  • 4,153
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    11-10-2013
#ITWONTMATTER

DrivableBeast35 #22 Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:28 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 25217 battles
  • 1,978
  • Member since:
    08-08-2013
In two years, your Xbox One X will be a high priced door stop. The next generation of "consoles" won't be limited by the speed of a chipset housed in the unit or the space of a hard drive housed inside. These devices will be portals into servers that will deliver the game at incredibly fast data rates. We're talking massive multiplayer games with thousands of participants, not the piddly numbers we're now accustomed to. It's coming. You can't stop it. No sense crying about it.


 


Han S0L0 DL44 #23 Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:39 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 31472 battles
  • 503
  • [-8TH-]
  • Member since:
    07-22-2015

View PostDrivableBeast35, on 11 October 2018 - 08:28 PM, said:

In two years, your Xbox One X will be a high priced door stop. The next generation of "consoles" won't be limited by the speed of a chipset housed in the unit or the space of a hard drive housed inside. These devices will be portals into servers that will deliver the game at incredibly fast data rates. We're talking massive multiplayer games with thousands of participants, not the piddly numbers we're now accustomed to. It's coming. You can't stop it. No sense crying about it.

 

It honestly does not matter what information we give these millennials, they are brainwashed and determined to argue everything till the death.

 

Yes some are rational and willing to listen or learn and they will be the wise ones or they have had the right education, but the majority are brainless, arrogant and full of it.


Lego minifigures, please visit www.bricksandfigures.com

Dyslexsticks #24 Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:15 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 32229 battles
  • 8,951
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

Okay I admit I didn't look into the article first time I viewed this thread. Game streaming huh? I remember trying that out on a PS4 with PlayStation Now's free trial and it was horrid on my internet.

 

If that becomes a big thing anytime soon, I guess that would mean my social gaming life would be over. :(


So that was a thing.

Han S0L0 DL44 #25 Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:34 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 31472 battles
  • 503
  • [-8TH-]
  • Member since:
    07-22-2015

View PostDyslexsticks, on 11 October 2018 - 10:15 PM, said:

Okay I admit I didn't look into the article first time I viewed this thread. Game streaming huh? I remember trying that out on a PS4 with PlayStation Now's free trial and it was horrid on my internet.

 

If that becomes a big thing anytime soon, I guess that would mean my social gaming life would be over. :(

 

Well that's why Sony will get swallowed up by either Google, Amazon or Microsoft.  They are too small to survive now, their only division that makes money is PlayStation.

 

They do not have the infrastructure of Google or Microsoft to pull of server side streaming of games and they do not have the resources of Amazon.

 

Microsoft have already stated that in the future the cloud will be the standard .. (Running games on One S) but you will still have dedicated consoles for the high end gamers running on One X for now and then the new console out in 2020.

 


Lego minifigures, please visit www.bricksandfigures.com

MPC 2117 #26 Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:41 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 16980 battles
  • 9,397
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

View PostHan S0L0 DL44, on 11 October 2018 - 03:30 AM, said:

 

So with crossplay in the future and the ability to play Xbox games on any device you don't think more will play tanks ? .. Er ok

Assuming WoTC is still playable in two years time, is in my mind, quite folly and naïve. No one wants to play a game of any kind that has devolved into endless reskins that get heralded as 'new content' by blind and deaf profiteering developers.


WE​ NEED MORE STUGS IN World of WhatisBalance...


Han S0L0 DL44 #27 Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:52 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 31472 battles
  • 503
  • [-8TH-]
  • Member since:
    07-22-2015

View PostMPC 2117, on 12 October 2018 - 05:41 PM, said:

Assuming WoTC is still playable in two years time, is in my mind, quite folly and naïve. No one wants to play a game of any kind that has devolved into endless reskins that get heralded as 'new content' by blind and deaf profiteering developers.

 

Not two years, these services will be live next year, Google are already Beta testing with Assassins Creed and Microsoft are rolling out their Beta in the next couple of months.

 

Look I am not here to defend WGC but the game Is worth saving and with a influx of players the game will get better.

 

The people running WGC are not on lifetime contracts, WG head office will wake up one day and change will come to the game quickly with the right people leading the division back onto the right path.


Lego minifigures, please visit www.bricksandfigures.com

scwirpeo #28 Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:26 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 38360 battles
  • 9,432
  • [CRY]
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostDrivableBeast35, on 11 October 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

In two years, your Xbox One X will be a high priced door stop. The next generation of "consoles" won't be limited by the speed of a chipset housed in the unit or the space of a hard drive housed inside. These devices will be portals into servers that will deliver the game at incredibly fast data rates. We're talking massive multiplayer games with thousands of participants, not the piddly numbers we're now accustomed to. It's coming. You can't stop it. No sense crying about it.

 

Most of this tech is going to be used on projects with enormous returns. Crap like WoT console won't be one of those projects. Microsoft is still going to sell hardware they make absolute bank on it especially while manufacturing costs in China stays so low. It's why they clung to the connect 2 for so long even after they kicked the Canadian retard out of Microsoft. Because it was hundreds of millions in profits.

 

I would also like to point out the devices they sell will move to cheaper more easily sourced components but the actual cost of said devices are likely going to stagnate. No reason to sell a gaming PC with a 1k$ CPU when you can charge almost the same cost for half the price and still call it "gaming". Look at Apple they use some of the cheapest components and build possible but they still market top shelf prices, it's the corporate dream.

 

PS. actual MMOs are dead and have been for at least 10 years. The market over saturated and collapsed. You won't find an investor to fund an mmo anywhere. They cost too much and return is much lower than an easy gatcha phone game that only needs 5-12 developers. What you are going to see is more games like destiny and fortnight. The dream of thousands of players on one screen in an MMO died with WoW. It's going to be a good 8-15 more years before that kind of game is valuable to publishers again.

View PostHan S0L0 DL44, on 12 October 2018 - 10:52 AM, said:

 

Not two years, these services will be live next year, Google are already Beta testing with Assassins Creed and Microsoft are rolling out their Beta in the next couple of months.

 

Look I am not here to defend WGC but the game Is worth saving and with a influx of players the game will get better.

 

The people running WGC are not on lifetime contracts, WG head office will wake up one day and change will come to the game quickly with the right people leading the division back onto the right path.

 

They won't use this tech to save WoTc this is going to help WoTpc probably boost them back up into the top 20 PC games. If you see WG hq trying to rescue this turd you are seriously misguided. Publishers don't rescue bad divisions they buy new ones and drive those into the ground too.


MOEs so I can pretend like they matter

Spoiler

 


MPC 2117 #29 Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:20 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 16980 battles
  • 9,397
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

View PostHan S0L0 DL44, on 12 October 2018 - 11:52 AM, said:

The people running WGC are not on lifetime contracts, WG head office will wake up one day and change will come to the game quickly with the right people leading the division back onto the right path.

^^^This part right here is where my naive comment was directed. Seriously, don't hold your breath waiting for them to enact changes that players want.


WE​ NEED MORE STUGS IN World of WhatisBalance...


Addicted2Pron #30 Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:31 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 24549 battles
  • 711
  • [PIRAI]
  • Member since:
    12-12-2015

View PostHan S0L0 DL44, on 12 October 2018 - 05:52 PM, said:

 

Not two years, these services will be live next year, Google are already Beta testing with Assassins Creed and Microsoft are rolling out their Beta in the next couple of months.

 

Look I am not here to defend WGC but the game Is worth saving and with a influx of players the game will get better.

 

The people running WGC are not on lifetime contracts, WG head office will wake up one day and change will come to the game quickly with the right people leading the division back onto the right path.

 

They might be on "lifetime contracts" if the expected lifetime was 5/6 years. It's closing in on 5 right? Not sure if it will make it to 6 but maybe that's their plan kill the game before handing things over to a competant team of developers?



Han S0L0 DL44 #31 Posted 13 October 2018 - 12:55 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 31472 battles
  • 503
  • [-8TH-]
  • Member since:
    07-22-2015

View PostMPC 2117, on 12 October 2018 - 09:20 PM, said:

^^^This part right here is where my naive comment was directed. Seriously, don't hold your breath waiting for them to enact changes that players want.

 

I personally saw this happens in two different companies that I worked for, both had the same parallel to wotc. When I joined the management in my country were good educated people constantly trying to improve their staff through training and developing new ideas.

 

The companies were thriving and the workforce was happy, the customer's were happy and we made good solid profit.

 

Then a new management team came in with their crazy new focus on pure profits, they did not care about the staff skills, long term plans or the customer's. It was all focussed on how much profit they could make in the short term.

 

It took both companies main offices (based in another country) years to work out why their customers were so unhappy and taking their business elsewhere.

 

You can't pilot a ship without a trained crew or a rudder .. I fear wotc has neither.

 

 


Lego minifigures, please visit www.bricksandfigures.com

JatemKaa #32 Posted 13 October 2018 - 04:31 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 58789 battles
  • 4,203
  • Member since:
    05-27-2014

View PostMPC 2117, on 11 October 2018 - 03:14 AM, said:

#doubtit

 

Agree. Are Sony and Microsoft going to see ENOUGH players to make it worth their while to make crossplatforming work? as previous stated - #doubtit

JatemKaa #33 Posted 13 October 2018 - 04:32 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 58789 battles
  • 4,203
  • Member since:
    05-27-2014

View PostHan S0L0 DL44, on 12 October 2018 - 06:55 PM, said:

 

I personally saw this happens in two different companies that I worked for, both had the same parallel to wotc. When I joined the management in my country were good educated people constantly trying to improve their staff through training and developing new ideas.

 

The companies were thriving and the workforce was happy, the customer's were happy and we made good solid profit.

 

Then a new management team came in with their crazy new focus on pure profits, they did not care about the staff skills, long term plans or the customer's. It was all focussed on how much profit they could make in the short term.

 

It took both companies main offices (based in another country) years to work out why their customers were so unhappy and taking their business elsewhere.

 

You can't pilot a ship without a trained crew or a rudder .. I fear wotc has neither.

 

 

 

Does seem that way to me as well...




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users