How can we make the forum better?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

P6X330 #21 Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:55 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 11558 battles
  • [AMXS]

There is some good stuff and good people here...

I think that if you avoid the General Discussion bucket, you can find the gems in the other less frequented topics.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

LadyTanker #22 Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:59 AM

Major

• Players
  • 5866 battles

View PostBlack RL, on 12 October 2018 - 05:49 AM, said:

Like I said, WHO WANTS TO BE INSULTED?

Honestly, I hate to think anyone would feel ridiculed, worthless, or ignored here. I was mainly commenting on the being ignored part. But yeah, if he is not joking, I'm sorry for that experience. 

Ar var alda #23 Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:03 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6688 battles
  • [DAMND]
Hand out cookies in the shape of tanks. Would honestly give it a go someday... Lazyiness is horrible.

Black RL #24 Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:21 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 49293 battles

View PostLadyTanker, on 12 October 2018 - 11:59 AM, said:

Honestly, I hate to think anyone would feel ridiculed, worthless, or ignored here. I was mainly commenting on the being ignored part. But yeah, if he is not joking, I'm sorry for that experience. 

There’s more people that feel that way than the ones who don’t.

Just look at the forums, we’re always the same, and look how some of us treat Wargaming and other fellow forumers.

Seriously, I do not understand how is it possible, how people are allowed to be so horrible to others.

Gotta catch them all! ^^

My hateful 4: Food a p2w mechanism, New player experience vs veteran player, Are overpowered premium tanks p2w? and Why World of Tanks can't shake off being perceived as a p2w game. About RNG: RNG affects the outcome of games, here's why.

See what happens to your tank in real time when you use equipment, supplies or crew skills in tanks.gg

AJR568 #25 Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:23 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16353 battles
  • [IMTLS]

View PostBlack RL, on 12 October 2018 - 06:21 AM, said:

There’s more people that feel that way than the ones who don’t.

Just look at the forums, we’re always the same, and look how some of us treat Wargaming and other fellow forumers.

Seriously, I do not understand how is it possible, how people are allowed to be so horrible to others.

WGUSA 100% brings it on themselves lol

Compliments and Credit to STLxSTANG for the sig.

The 8.11 TD rebalances need to be implemented.

T20 is love, T20 is life. And if you disagree I'll cut you!

Black RL #26 Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:25 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 49293 battles

View PostAJR568, on 12 October 2018 - 12:23 PM, said:

WGUSA 100% brings it on themselves lol

Might be true, but that’s not how you should address other people.

And if the game bothers you so much, just play another game.

Not saying this to you, just making a point.

Gotta catch them all! ^^

My hateful 4: Food a p2w mechanism, New player experience vs veteran player, Are overpowered premium tanks p2w? and Why World of Tanks can't shake off being perceived as a p2w game. About RNG: RNG affects the outcome of games, here's why.

See what happens to your tank in real time when you use equipment, supplies or crew skills in tanks.gg

AJR568 #27 Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16353 battles
  • [IMTLS]

View PostBlack RL, on 12 October 2018 - 06:25 AM, said:

Might be true, but that’s not how you should address other people.

And if the game bothers you so much, just play another game.

Not saying this to you, just making a point.

See and that attitude has led players to do just that. I used to spend tonnes of money and time on this game. But the devs after 3 years of steady playing from me showed apathy and downright incompetence when it came to the game. And no matter what the playerbase said they refused to listen. So now the game is dead in the water. My friends list used to be filled with people on WoT. Now maybe I'm lucky to find one or two on before I load up other games. Kinda sad. I started playing this game in high school. And now it just takes up.space on my hard drive

Black RL #28 Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:36 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 49293 battles

View PostAJR568, on 12 October 2018 - 12:31 PM, said:

See and that attitude has led players to do just that. I used to spend tonnes of money and time on this game. But the devs after 3 years of steady playing from me showed apathy and downright incompetence when it came to the game. And no matter what the playerbase said they refused to listen. So now the game is dead in the water. My friends list used to be filled with people on WoT. Now maybe I'm lucky to find one or two on before I load up other games. Kinda sad. I started playing this game in high school. And now it just takes up.space on my hard drive

And so what? Life continues, nothing is forever.

That’s no reason to insult the devs, to call them incompetent. Look at the forums, how can they listen to the community? No one agrees!

Or are you going to tell me that WN8 is the measure to know which voice to listen?

Gotta catch them all! ^^

AJR568 #29 Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16353 battles
  • [IMTLS]

View PostBlack RL, on 12 October 2018 - 06:36 AM, said:

Or are you going to tell me that WN8 is the measure to know which voice to listen?

It helps.

Black RL #30 Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:39 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 49293 battles

View PostAJR568, on 12 October 2018 - 12:37 PM, said:

It helps.

Or not.

See, we disagree, what should the devs do?

Gotta catch them all! ^^

AJR568 #31 Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:42 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16353 battles
  • [IMTLS]

View PostBlack RL, on 12 October 2018 - 06:39 AM, said:

Or not.

See, we disagree, what should the devs do?

Use the PC template and make this a console port of a successful game that turned a small Belarussian company into a Billion Dollar force? Idk. But that seems by far the best idea.

That last attempt at balancing the game was laughable at best. And that was the nail in the coffin for a lot of people that used to play this game. 

Black RL #32 Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:46 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 49293 battles

View PostAJR568, on 12 October 2018 - 12:42 PM, said:

Use the PC template and make this a console port of a successful game that turned a small Belarussian company into a Billion Dollar force? Idk. But that seems by far the best idea.

That last attempt at balancing the game was laughable at best. And that was the nail in the coffin for a lot of people that used to play this game. 

Maybe, but PC folks whine a lot too. Seriously, don’t forget how old this game is, the solution might be a new game.

For you and others, not for me, most nerfs to meta tanks where deserved.

They didn’t nerf players, they nerf tanks, if the tanks are the same to everybody, why don’t the super duper sK1lLeD players do good with them?

Practice what you preach.

Gotta catch them all! ^^

VKSheridan #33 Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21194 battles
I think WoT and the forum is no different than any other game and has phases.  People peak in enthusiasm at different times, duration and levels and then it fades.  To make the forum better, it’s really up to the us and the mods.  If we post something useful, it stays, if it’s another “I dare you to ban me” post, the mods should honor the dare.  If a post doesn’t mention tacos, it should be deleted immediately.......

BULLPUPBAKERST1 #34 Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:49 PM

Major

• Players
  • 40985 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostBlack RL, on 12 October 2018 - 06:49 AM, said:

Like I said, WHO WANTS TO BE INSULTED?

Some people like to be tied up, whipped, spit on, etc. to get off...just sayin.

Honestly Op...there was a lot more educating and helping on here in the past. The salt has always been here, but the players with the most skill/knowledge have left or been ostracized by the “everything offends me” crowd. 

There havent been enough truly reat players to replace the old ones in this forum, so you are seeing a lot more senseless stuff...it’s just evolution. 

100% Credit/Thanks to Violet Viper X for the fantastic Sig. 

The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.-Nietzsche-

AJR568 #35 Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:53 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16353 battles
  • [IMTLS]

View PostBlack RL, on 12 October 2018 - 06:46 AM, said:

Maybe, but PC folks whine a lot too. Seriously, don’t forget how old this game is, the solution might be a new game.

For you and others, not for me, most nerfs to meta tanks where deserved.

They didn’t nerf players, they nerf tanks, if the tanks are the same to everybody, why don’t the super duper sK1lLeD players do good with them?

Practice what you preach.

PC folks whine when WG introduces blatantly broken tanks. But overall there's far less salt on their forums. 

"The meta tanks" The meta tanks are TD's for 95% of ten playerbase who sit in their E3's and Waffle 100's, barely scraping together 2k damage. Difference is you put those players in a pre nerf E50 or TVP or Batchat and they barely scrape together 200. They weren't well deserved at all. 

And the skilled players will still put up great numbers. But targeting medium tanks will only do one thing; make people that play them leave. Its a shock to you but most of the better players in the game don't find it fun to play something like an E3 and just roll forward to play a 268 and camp a bush all game. That's why they gravitated towards mediums and when they were introduced T10 lights. 

Black RL #36 Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:00 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 49293 battles

View PostAJR568, on 12 October 2018 - 12:53 PM, said:

PC folks whine when WG introduces blatantly broken tanks. But overall there's far less salt on their forums. 

"The meta tanks" The meta tanks are TD's for 95% of ten playerbase who sit in their E3's and Waffle 100's, barely scraping together 2k damage. Difference is you put those players in a pre nerf E50 or TVP or Batchat and they barely scrape together 200. They weren't well deserved at all. 

And the skilled players will still put up great numbers. But targeting medium tanks will only do one thing; make people that play them leave. Its a shock to you but most of the better players in the game don't find it fun to play something like an E3 and just roll forward to play a 268 and camp a bush all game. That's why they gravitated towards mediums and when they were introduced T10 lights. 

I do not agree with you.

PC folks whine all the time, and they whine about a ton of things.

The meta tanks are not the tanks played by casuals, casuals also do better with meta tanks, that’s why they got the nerf.

Might be a shock to you, but do you know how many people leaved the game because of meta tanks? And it also may be a shock to you that different people enjoy different tanks.

See? We disagree, who should the devs follow?

Gotta catch them all! ^^

AJR568 #37 Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:07 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16353 battles
  • [IMTLS]

View PostBlack RL, on 12 October 2018 - 07:00 AM, said:

I do not agree with you.

PC folks whine all the time, and they whine about a ton of things.

The meta tanks are not the tanks played by casuals, casuals also do better with meta tanks, that’s why they got the nerf.

Might be a shock to you, but do you know how many people leaved the game because of meta tanks? And it also may be a shock to you that different people enjoy different tanks.

See? We disagree, who should the devs follow?

Lol you think the average potato will do better in a Batchat than an e3 or waffle? That's insane. The increase is reflected in good players as well. Even people who have the huge stats in mediums have even better stats in TD's. The difference is the potatoes play their TDs far more to keep the averages down, and dont play their mediums nearly as much as the better players do, resulting in inflated stats for mediums when looking at averages. That's kinda why people were pissed. It's also why the 113 ate a nerf. The baddies never played it, only a few good players played it, again resulting in inflated states for that tank.

But it's clear you dint understand. So I'm done. Have fun with your dying game

Black RL #38 Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:11 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 49293 battles

View PostAJR568, on 12 October 2018 - 01:07 PM, said:

Lol you think the average potato will do better in a Batchat than an e3 or waffle? That's insane. The increase is reflected in good players as well. Even people who have the huge stats in mediums have even better stats in TD's. The difference is the potatoes play their TDs far more to keep the averages down, and dont play their mediums nearly as much as the better players do, resulting in inflated stats for mediums when looking at averages. That's kinda why people were pissed. It's also why the 113 ate a nerf. The baddies never played it, only a few good players played it, again resulting in inflated states for that tank.

But it's clear you dint understand. So I'm done. Have fun with your dying game

That’s not what the numbers show, also if true, just balance the other ones too?

The graphs showed that BOTH good and bad players were overperforming in said tanks, so they got the deserved nerf.

It seems to me that you’re the one that doesn’t understand.

I will, have fun searching for a PvP tank game that lasts 5+ years.

Oh wait, there’s none.

Gotta catch them all! ^^

LadyTanker #39 Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:13 PM

Major

• Players
  • 5866 battles

I've only been on the pc forum a few times so I couldn't really give a worthwhile opinion on that, but it does seem from their following and how people have talked about their community here that they are at least a little more satisfied with their game. That's just my point of view of someone on the outside looking in. I can't say how many posts I've read from here asking that console do the same as them. And even on the WOWSL forum, I've seen people wanting the console game to stay with the pc version. So at the very least, the pc developers have made something people are wanting to be reproduced on console.

Black RL #40 Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:18 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 49293 battles

View PostLadyTanker, on 12 October 2018 - 01:13 PM, said:

I've only been on the pc forum a few times so I couldn't really give a worthwhile opinion on that, but it does seem from their following and how people have talked about their community here that they are at least a little more satisfied with their game. That's just my point of view of someone on the outside looking in. I can't say how many posts I've read from here asking that console do the same as them. And even on the WOWSL forum, I've seen people wanting the console game to stay with the pc version. So at the very least, the pc developers have made something people are wanting to be reproduced on console.

PC folks even go the length of constructing sites just to hate on the game, it’s insane.

PC population is also declining for the ones who don’t know.

What I think? What I like? I prefer a game with no cartoon or fake tanks, but that’s my opinion.

Gotta catch them all! ^^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users