Premium time - thanks for the code - thanks for nothing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Thekidkybo #1 Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:34 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7746 battles
  • [RBUK]

I've never really been a fan of how this activates when you win a few days of premium time - once you open a loot crate or win an op or similar and it contains premium time it activates immediately upon opening or the next time you log in to play the game. Same win codes, or so I thought.

I activated a code through the forum, for 1 days premium time, thinking I won't go on the xbox until Friday night/saturday morning, when the game will then start the timer on the 1 days premium time.

How wrong was I. I only have 6 hours of this premium time left (not gone on xbox at all) and will spend the next 8 hours at work!!!

I even checked my account on the forum an hour or so after activating the code and it still stated I was on standard account, so thought I was good for a full days worth of premium time action.

So what gives, I take it codes through the forum aaccount activate after an hour so, do they?

:confused:

MASHMAN 90 #2 Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:40 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 35221 battles

View PostThekidkybo, on 12 October 2018 - 07:34 AM, said:

I've never really been a fan of how this activates when you win a few days of premium time - once you open a loot crate or win an op or similar and it contains premium time it activates immediately upon opening or the next time you log in to play the game. Same win codes, or so I thought.

I activated a code through the forum, for 1 days premium time, thinking I won't go on the xbox until Friday night/saturday morning, when the game will then start the timer on the 1 days premium time.

How wrong was I. I only have 6 hours of this premium time left (not gone on xbox at all) and will spend the next 8 hours at work!!!

I even checked my account on the forum an hour or so after activating the code and it still stated I was on standard account, so thought I was good for a full days worth of premium time action.

So what gives, I take it codes through the forum aaccount activate after an hour so, do they?

The timer starts as soon as you type in the code, it's like Xbox Live is a perfect example, runs even if you aren't using it. On this other War Game which doesn't have Planes, you get it as an item which you can activate when you want (soon as you do, it works like Xbox Live again, Wish we had that system.

i generally post more News on Twitter these days but "may" post on Forum from time to time on my Future Vehicles Thread

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/205056-future-update-vehicle-changes/ 

Disclaimer Below: Read the Spoiler, If you don't and assume i'm 100% Truthful then it's not my problem.

KilledByPing #3 Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:49 AM

Major

• Players
  • 13957 battles
  • [KJIAH]

View PostThekidkybo, on 12 October 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

Codes activates immideatly. Info of your account state and remaining premium time on website and forum however doesnt update so fast.

It may take up to few hours before you see changes in your account state. But when it does update you will see that you "already spent" this few hours.

This is one the biggest bullcrap along with XP boost OPs which work per match, not per win or a few hours with wich WGCB doesnt seems going to fix anyday soon.

P.S. Funny thou. We did had one the best OPs ever - x2 XP on first 20 victories which means WGCB doesnt have any issues implementing such mechanics.

MASHMAN 90 #4 Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:58 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 35221 battles
Also it was good of Raibot to issue those 5,000 Codes.

i generally post more News on Twitter these days but "may" post on Forum from time to time on my Future Vehicles Thread

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/205056-future-update-vehicle-changes/ 

Disclaimer Below: Read the Spoiler, If you don't and assume i'm 100% Truthful then it's not my problem.

Thekidkybo #5 Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:26 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7746 battles
  • [RBUK]

View PostMASHMAN 90, on 12 October 2018 - 08:58 AM, said:

Also it was good of Raibot to issue those 5,000 Codes.

Definitely, these gifts are very much appreciated. It's the mechanics of how they activate that's both confusing and annoying.

having checked my account on the forum, over an hour after activating it, and NOT seeing the account upgrade to 'Premium' I assumed running the game would start the timer, much like when you receive a premium time reward 'in-game'.

I therefore thought I could wait until I could benefit the most from these 24 hours, the weekend.

Lesson learned I suppose.

Thanks for the info.

Ah well, win some, lose lots lol

Edited by Thekidkybo, 12 October 2018 - 11:27 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users