silenced craying baby in game

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

redshadowrider #21 Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:49 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32391 battles

View PostVKSheridan, on 12 October 2018 - 07:45 AM, said:

Agreed.  Too many tanks in one place rarely ends well, even in Team Deathmatch.  If it looks like a lemming train to the hill, I’ll reverse course and cover the weak flank.  I hate being crowded, bumped, pushed and watching green shoot the back of their own turrets. No clue how anyone can find that enjoyable.  Getting overrun isn’t the funnest but it beats dying in the middle of the tomato patch....

This is something that I can't explain either.  When I started playing this game I don't remember 75% of the team rushing to the hill.  In some battles I remember running to the top with no one else going there.  I have no idea what happened to make it such a magnet.  I stay away just because of the numbers and because once there everyone sits and doesn't push.

oops..forgot to add, I don't sit at the base either!

Edited by redshadowrider, 12 October 2018 - 01:50 PM.

I'm just saying.....

steelheadclan #22 Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 13752 battles

View PostVKSheridan, on 12 October 2018 - 05:45 AM, said:

Agreed.  Too many tanks in one place rarely ends well, even in Team Deathmatch.  If it looks like a lemming train to the hill, I’ll reverse course and cover the weak flank.  I hate being crowded, bumped, pushed and watching green shoot the back of their own turrets. No clue how anyone can find that enjoyable.  Getting overrun isn’t the funnest but it beats dying in the middle of the tomato patch....

half the time the hill has no vision anyways. 

I definitely feel a presence is needed on hill but certainly not a majority.  

FinlandRed #23 Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:11 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18371 battles

View Poststeelheadclan, on 12 October 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

half the time the hill has no vision anyways. 

I definitely feel a presence is needed on hill but certainly not a majority.  

Like the valley in Lakeville. It seems to call to some people on a subconscious level.. "If you render it, THEY will come..."

steelheadclan #24 Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:13 PM

Major

• Players
  • 13752 battles

View PostFinlandRed, on 12 October 2018 - 06:11 AM, said:

Like the valley in Lakeville. It seems to call to some people on a subconscious level.. "If you render it, THEY will come..."

lol

great example. 

psmobius1 #25 Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:03 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 25061 battles
  • [USA1]

Actually the hill has a very good view of reds off in the distance and should be taken by the team to help support the rest of the team working the other parts of the map. Should everybody run up the hill....NO, you just need 3-4 to head over that way and the rest push the west and middle as a team. If I am heading for the hill but see a bunch already heading that way then I'll go help the other side. But at the same time if the game starts and everybody jumps in a line and heads west then yeah, I'll be the one heading for the hill to see if I can't salvage some XP. Anytime most tanks go towards one flank or the other the game will turn into a loss. 

As far as the valley goes, the valley is a good place for some tanks to go but again not all of the team needs to go that way. I hardly ever head for the city as I have very seldom won a game on this map from having everybody flood the city. I'd rather tank a good mixture of speedy mediums and heavy hitting TD's and heavies to push the valley. The trick here is you can't just race to the hill in the middle and park....storm up and over the hill and smack them dead in the face head-on and wreck the reds. Too many stall out on the hill and then simply get picked off one by one until the match ends. 

Tempest fox3 #26 Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:21 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18296 battles
You played bad, people moaned at you for it and you're trying to claim the moral high ground on the forums?

Lol.

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained

SightlessRogue0 #27 Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:46 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12739 battles

View PostFinlandRed, on 12 October 2018 - 10:11 AM, said:

Were you top tier? If you were top tier and base camping in the 131 then you were doing it wrong.

You should not be supporting the TDs you should be in the front spotting for them to support you with their big guns.

The dpm and pen of the 131 causes most opponents to think twice if played properly..

The red heavy was all Tier 8, our two TDs in the west was tier 6 and 7, the 2 red lights in the center of the cards were not controlled. Our lights have not spotted heavy going up the center, I told myself that if they were not idiots they would form a big execution squad down the map to the west ... that's what I do it usually and that's what they did. I knew that if I went ahead to offer targets to TD I would immediately get violated by the 2 red light while the heavy poleton shot me from the front. If I walked in the center-east I would be shooted on the side by execution squad west and medium red high and on the railway that paralyzed my team on the hill ....

In defense to the south, on the railroad track I would have just been as useless as the rest of our heavy, I could not have spotted any red for the artillery and other teamate.

If I had played as you said the game would have ended in 2 or 3 minutes with a score of 14-1 or 13-2 for the reds.

I use Google translator for english language

Lots of juggling in french text, sometimes translator in trouble with that. If you do not understand what I write, tell me.

LacqueredBacon #28 Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:00 PM

Major

• Players
  • 28264 battles
  • [NOCAP]

View PostSightlessRogue0, on 12 October 2018 - 10:46 AM, said:

The red heavy was all Tier 8, our two TDs in the west was tier 6 and 7, the 2 red lights in the center of the cards were not controlled. Our lights have not spotted heavy going up the center, I told myself that if they were not idiots they would form a big execution squad down the map to the west ... that's what I do it usually and that's what they did. I knew that if I went ahead to offer targets to TD I would immediately get violated by the 2 red light while the heavy poleton shot me from the front. If I walked in the center-east I would be shooted on the side by execution squad west and medium red high and on the railway that paralyzed my team on the hill ....

In defense to the south, on the railroad track I would have just been as useless as the rest of our heavy, I could not have spotted any red for the artillery and other teamate.

If I had played as you said the game would have ended in 2 or 3 minutes with a score of 14-1 or 13-2 for the reds.

Your teammates played poorly by all going to the hill.  It sounds like your response was to also play poorly by sniping in a medium/heavy.

Your poor decision did not help your team win, it only helped your team not lose as quickly.

I don't think that is something to be bragging about.

LacqueredBacon #29 Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 28264 battles
  • [NOCAP]

Now what would I have done?

It's hard to tell.  Obviously with 12 of the 15 tanks all going to the hill, winning the match would have been difficult.

I likely would have gone to the center near the tracks (to start).  I'm not sure if the outcome would have been different but it might have at least spotting more.

Another option would be to just follow the train to the hill and hope the reds did not cap out.

Edited by LacqueredBacon, 12 October 2018 - 04:03 PM.

marinefish666 #30 Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:32 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 34573 battles

That's what they let you mute people.

DrHorrible4Life #31 Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:43 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 10340 battles

View PostLacqueredBacon, on 12 October 2018 - 04:03 PM, said:

Now what would I have done?

It's hard to tell.  Obviously with 12 of the 15 tanks all going to the hill, winning the match would have been difficult.

I likely would have gone to the center near the tracks (to start).  I'm not sure if the outcome would have been different but it might have at least spotting more.

Another option would be to just follow the train to the hill and hope the reds did not cap out.

That was my thought, spotting for 12 guns.

HawkZ71 #32 Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:49 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22205 battles
  • [RSMOJ]

I set my 131 up with rammer, optics, and vents with chocolate. I usually only play my best German heavy crew. I would feel foolish to hang back behind TDs on my team and support them. My fighting Tiger heads for the front and gives the TDs the ability to support undetected...as it should be.

I hate that hill and cringe when most of the team heads that way. I tried it and realized it is too easy to be snipped once you push over the top. I always go West and find the right setup gives the best chance for a team victory.

CafeMath72 #33 Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:52 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 65573 battles
Your teammates played like idiots, you played like an idiot, what an interesting topic. 

SightlessRogue0 #34 Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:58 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12739 battles

View PostDrHorrible4Life, on 12 October 2018 - 04:43 PM, said:

That was my thought, spotting for 12 guns.,

The light saw nothing there and the heavy on the top of the hill were busy hiding behind each other and hull down against the medium and red TD on the hill and on the railway. The main force of the reds was moving on the edge of the map to the west, out of reach of the hill. From my position (not directly on the base) I could shooted them on the sides and force them to expose our 2 TD because of our crossfire. When they killed the 2 TD and crossed the path, I tried the mode hull down mode but quickly became a big pinata, LOL.

Lots of juggling in french text, sometimes translator in trouble with that. If you do not understand what I write, tell me.

SightlessRogue0 #35 Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:02 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12739 battles

View PostHawkZ71, on 12 October 2018 - 04:49 PM, said:

I set my 131 up with rammer, optics, and vents with chocolate. I usually only play my best German heavy crew. I would feel foolish to hang back behind TDs on my team and support them. My fighting Tiger heads for the front and gives the TDs the ability to support undetected...as it should be.

I hate that hill and cringe when most of the team heads that way. I tried it and realized it is too easy to be snipped once you push over the top. I always go West and find the right setup gives the best chance for a team victory.

That's what I usually do, but green roll-out demanded a highly defensive stance, all other games were yolo suicide

Edited by SightlessRogue0, 12 October 2018 - 05:02 PM.

BDaddy Cheno #36 Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:55 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 20085 battles
  • [SPSR]
I looooooooove it when I have a successful match and I am way above the whining, birching weasel who wants to spend the ENTIRE match making birchy remarks about OTHER people's choices........The flip side is I HATE it when I get trapped in a bad situation because of little/no support, or I have taken a calculated risk/sacrifice for the team and it does NOT pay off, and then I get nothing but self-satisfied SMUG from those players.......I usually just mute them or report them if they are being particularly obnoxious, but when the former situation happens, it feels SO vindicating......

Edited by BDaddy Cheno, 12 October 2018 - 05:56 PM.

"I'm going to deal with this the only way us Bundys know how----with swift and blinding violence." -----Kelly Bundy

redshadowrider #37 Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:00 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32391 battles

View PostBDaddy Cheno, on 12 October 2018 - 11:55 AM, said:

I looooooooove it when I have a successful match and I am way above the whining, birching weasel who wants to spend the ENTIRE match making birchy remarks about OTHER people's choices........The flip side is I HATE it when I get trapped in a bad situation because of little/no support, or I have taken a calculated risk/sacrifice for the team and it does NOT pay off, and then I get nothing but self-satisfied SMUG from those players.......I usually just mute them or report them if they are being particularly obnoxious, but when the former situation happens, it feels SO vindicating......

Had a screamer and complainer the other day that told us how bad we were and how we worked horrible as a team.  Of course he died early from running out to spot tanks that we couldn't fire on yet.  As the game progressed he kept it up until ti became apparent we were going to win.  Too bad we couldn't have kept his extra XP for the win.  :trollface:
I'm just saying.....

Tempest fox3 #38 Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:39 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18296 battles

View PostSightlessRogue0, on 12 October 2018 - 05:02 PM, said:

That's what I usually do, but green roll-out demanded a highly defensive stance, all other games were yolo suicide

No it didn't, if greens lemming you play aggressive and lead the train. That way you win rather than just wasting time and eventually losing anyway.

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained

VKSheridan #39 Posted 13 October 2018 - 02:26 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21194 battles

Man, I scream all the time, just not at others.  My usual rankings are, “Dumb shot VK”, “Dumb move VK”, “Dumb position VK”.  That’s why I have to mute my mic.

Hell, I don’t mind if anyone says the same to me if it’s true, I’ll usually agree with them.  If they’re wrong (rarely happens), I’ll just mute them.  Life’s too short to dwell on how which DNA strand the afflicted was denied.....

BDaddy Cheno #40 Posted 13 October 2018 - 03:20 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 20085 battles
  • [SPSR]

View PostSTUART SHERMAN, on 12 October 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

I get the frustration of watching everyone going up that hill and knowing they are not going to win the game from there, but it is true that you would have done more for those TDs if you’d have pushed out in front of them. Also, in this situation those TDs might have done better to abandon that position as undefendable, fall back to the railroad embankment and defend the base from there. Especially if there’s a 131 Tiger sitting behind them. 

I often find myself in the western section, I will have to try the railbank as a fallback position, but often I find I am trying to slow the enemy down and do whatever damage I can while falling back.  I doubt I could make it all the way across the south end before being spotted and picked apart, but I might try that as a last-ditch effort.
"I'm going to deal with this the only way us Bundys know how----with swift and blinding violence." -----Kelly Bundy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users