39 replies to this topic

Rubbelito #21 Posted 13 October 2018 - 09:13 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18491 battles
  • [TNT]

View PostJohn Arrowsmith, on 13 October 2018 - 11:10 AM, said:

Ftfy

I don't get it. Why would it benefit those you spoke of?

Or are you just salty because you got ninjad.. :P

John Arrowsmith #22 Posted 13 October 2018 - 09:17 AM

Major

• Players
  • 64885 battles

View PostRubbelito, on 13 October 2018 - 09:13 AM, said:

I don't get it. Why would it benefit those you spoke of?

Or are you just salty because you got ninjad.. :P

It hides the fact that they received a sniper medal and gained a battle hero medal(more xp) for being a douchbag. 

Spoiler

This forum needs the Fake Marine

Snore,   the only person I know of that likes mushy peas in a taco with cinnamon sprinkles. 

Rubbelito #23 Posted 13 October 2018 - 09:32 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18491 battles
  • [TNT]

View PostJohn Arrowsmith, on 13 October 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

It hides the fact that they received a sniper medal and gained a battle hero medal(more xp) for being a douchbag. 

Spoiler

It's not the truth I'm afraid. :)

It's a misconception that the Sniper medal is for snipers mainly.

It requires 85% hits out of 10+ shots, which is a lot easier to do up close.

(Unless the portal is misguiding and som info is missing, like a distance requirement or something. But I'm pretty sure that I get most of my sniper medals up close)

Achieve at least 85% hits out of a minimum of 10 shots fired with potential damage of 1,000 HP or more. Non-penetrating hits count. If two or more tankers have equal hit ratios, the award is given to the tanker with the highest number of hits.

I44I Warlock #24 Posted 13 October 2018 - 09:38 AM

Major

• Players
  • 32924 battles
  • [-MLW-]
Aced my T-34-100 in a loss yesterday because i got high caliber and the x5 boost gave me 11k xp, so everything is working as usual. 

Heute fette Beute!

Nerf: 183, WT-E100 and Arty
Arty is OP and takes no skill.

Currently 3 Maked tanks: 62

John Arrowsmith #25 Posted 13 October 2018 - 09:40 AM

Major

• Players
  • 64885 battles

View PostRubbelito, on 13 October 2018 - 09:32 AM, said:

It's not the truth I'm afraid. :)

It's a misconception that the Sniper medal is for snipers mainly.

It requires 85% hits out of 10+ shots, which is a lot easier to do up close.

(Unless the portal is misguiding and som info is missing, like a distance requirement or something. But I'm pretty sure that I get most of my sniper medals up close)

Achieve at least 85% hits out of a minimum of 10 shots fired with potential damage of 1,000 HP or more. Non-penetrating hits count. If two or more tankers have equal hit ratios, the award is given to the tanker with the highest number of hits.

Sadly it is the truth.  Players kept complaining (rightfully)that heavy tanks were doing very little whilst sniping from spawn but yet kept finishing top of the board on a losing team.   Now they are protected by hiding the fact they get more xp.  

Snore,   the only person I know of that likes mushy peas in a taco with cinnamon sprinkles. 

Rubbelito #26 Posted 13 October 2018 - 09:53 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18491 battles
  • [TNT]

View PostJohn Arrowsmith, on 13 October 2018 - 11:40 AM, said:

Sadly it is the truth.  Players kept complaining l(rightfully)that heavy tanks were doing very little whilst sniping from spawn but yet kept finishing top of the board on a losing team.   Now they are protected by hiding the fact they get more xp.  

But they get less xp when sniping from the back.

I rarely see any sniping heavies at the top of the board.

John Arrowsmith #27 Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:23 AM

Major

• Players
  • 64885 battles

View PostRubbelito, on 13 October 2018 - 09:53 AM, said:

But they get less xp when sniping from the back.

I rarely see any sniping heavies at the top of the board.

yes,  because the results screen was changed to protect them.  A heavy tank with a sniper medal will receive more xp on a loss than someone who has made an effort in battle, but gained no battle hero medal.   The results screen does not reflect this info anymore as it doesn't directly show this.   "Base camping heavy tanks"  got they douchbaggery protected,  so they can still be a douchbag gain more xp whilst remaining off the radar for most.

Edit.

I'm not sure if you can remember but the results screen used to show  your true base xp, win or loss.   So on a loss it was easy to spot out those heavy tanks that finished on top with 0 dmg but 35 shots fired with 30 direct hits and 0 penn (gaining a sniper medal)

Now the results screen doesn't show your true base xp on a loss,  which means some of those douchbags may look like they have got less xp, but after the hero medal (lol)  is applied they end up with more xp.

So do you now see why the results screen was changed to protect base camping heavies?

Edited by John Arrowsmith, 13 October 2018 - 10:40 AM.

Rubbelito #28 Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:52 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18491 battles
  • [TNT]

View PostJohn Arrowsmith, on 13 October 2018 - 12:23 PM, said:

yes,  because the results screen was changed to protect them.  A heavy tank with a sniper medal will receive more xp on a loss than someone who has made an effort in battle, but gained no battle hero medal.   The results screen does not reflect this info anymore as it doesn't directly show this.   "Base camping heavy tanks"  got they douchbaggery protected,  so they can still be a douchbag gain more xp whilst remaining off the radar for most.

Edit.

I'm not sure if you can remember but the results screen used to show  your true base xp, win or loss.   So on a loss it was easy to spot out those heavy tanks that finished on top with 0 dmg but 35 shots fired with 30 direct hits and 0 penn (gaining a sniper medal)

Now the results screen doesn't show your true base xp on a loss,  which means some of those douchbags may look like they have got less xp, but after the hero medal (lol)  is applied they end up with more xp.

So do you now see why the results screen was changed to protect base camping heavies?

I hear what you're saying, and technically you are correct. But I'm having a very hard time believing that that is the reason for splitting up the base xp.

A much better and logical action would be to change the requirements for sniper medals, or remove it from the BH category (<-- this is the main issue with that medal. It certainly shouldn't be a BH medal. Steel wall is another one of those medals that doesn't mean shite for the rest of the team nor the win).

But now I'm putting logic and WG in the same sentence again, sorry....  :rolleyes:

John Arrowsmith #29 Posted 13 October 2018 - 11:19 AM

Major

• Players
  • 64885 battles

View PostRubbelito, on 13 October 2018 - 10:52 AM, said:

I hear what you're saying, and technically you are correct. But I'm having a very hard time believing that that is the reason for splitting up the base xp.

A much better and logical action would be to change the requirements for sniper medals, or remove it from the BH category (<-- this is the main issue with that medal. It certainly shouldn't be a BH medal. Steel wall is another one of those medals that doesn't mean shite for the rest of the team nor the win).

But now I'm putting logic and WG in the same sentence again, sorry....  :rolleyes:

since it happened after multiple threads on the subject, I find it hard to believe any other reason.

Rubbelito #30 Posted 13 October 2018 - 11:39 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18491 battles
  • [TNT]

View PostJohn Arrowsmith, on 13 October 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:

since it happened after multiple threads on the subject, I find it hard to believe any other reason.

Oh, must have been before my time then. Can't say I recognize that topic.

Sounds like an absolutely ridiculous reason to me. I wouldn't expect something that stupid even from wg.

LazyCalf5928745 #31 Posted 13 October 2018 - 11:57 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 53748 battles

ace in a defeat is easy

play a tank that never wins and no one ever plays because its krap

See more tank corn here        https://www.youtube....2J-deIttJuo-0Yg

John Arrowsmith #32 Posted 13 October 2018 - 12:54 PM

Major

• Players
  • 64885 battles

View PostRubbelito, on 13 October 2018 - 11:39 AM, said:

Oh, must have been before my time then. Can't say I recognize that topic.

Sounds like an absolutely ridiculous reason to me. I wouldn't expect something that stupid even from wg.

Very Classy #33 Posted 13 October 2018 - 01:46 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 23823 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostJohn Arrowsmith, on 13 October 2018 - 06:19 AM, said:

well, I would say that a reason is Earn Ops. The XP based events that give points (5,3,1) based on the table results would be a good reason to eliminate Battle Hero XP gains... or is it?

Now, I am curious... if I am on the winning team, do I not get an XP boost for getting a Top Gun or other Battle Hero medal? We must, right? However, I do not believe that is added to XP awards, but rather our base XP.

Must do some research... to return, later, with anecdotal blathering.

Rubbelito #34 Posted 13 October 2018 - 02:12 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18491 battles
  • [TNT]

View PostVery Classy, on 13 October 2018 - 03:46 PM, said:

Now, I am curious... if I am on the winning team, do I not get an XP boost for getting a Top Gun or other Battle Hero medal? We must, right?

I've always been under the impression that the BH medals eliminates the otherwise given losing penalty for the xp.

And if that's a correct assumption, no bonus would be given in a win.

But this is just my own overall impression gathered from discussions on the forum. I could very well be wrong.

But I've never seen it be described in any other way.

Very Classy #35 Posted 13 October 2018 - 02:24 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 23823 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostRubbelito, on 13 October 2018 - 09:12 AM, said:

I've always been under the impression that the BH medals eliminates the otherwise given losing penalty for the xp.

And if that's a correct assumption, no bonus would be given in a win.

But this is just my own overall impression gathered from discussions on the forum. I could very well be wrong.

I was under that impression, too. However, now that I'm thinking about it, my recent M games (in victories) have all had Battle Hero medals... I'm feeling that there is a bonus... added straight to the base XP. Gonna look at my Individual screen next time I get one. Quite curious now.

This wasn't an especially great damage game for Tier IX, but I did snag two Battle Hero medals and an Epic medal.

I wish I had taken a pic of my Individual stat page... gonna start doing that.

Rubbelito #36 Posted 13 October 2018 - 02:29 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18491 battles
  • [TNT]

View PostVery Classy, on 13 October 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

I was under that impression, too. However, now that I'm thinking about it, my recent M games (in victories) have all had Battle Hero medals... I'm feeling that there is a bonus... added straight to the base XP. Gonna look at my Individual screen next time I get one. Quite curious now.

This wasn't an especially great damage game for Tier IX, but I did snag two Battle Hero medals and an Epic medal.

Could very well be that.

But don't forget that kills give good xp too.

I got an ace in my IS-7 with only 5k dmg, but 8 kills (and I actually also got the Steel Wall, which is a BH medal, so I guess this isn't a good example after all anyway... lol).

Gallant Prime #37 Posted 14 October 2018 - 02:20 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 38826 battles
  • [47R]

Battle Hero medals award the xp that you would receive if your team otherwise won.  The victory coefficient is 1.5.  Also don't forget there is a team performance factor--so if your team gets steamrolled, you will get less xp as well.  Everything else being the same, you get more xp in a loss with a Battle Hero, if it was a close loss rather than a blowout.  

Spoiler

Rubbelito #38 Posted 14 October 2018 - 06:11 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18491 battles
  • [TNT]

View PostGallant Prime, on 14 October 2018 - 04:20 AM, said:

Battle Hero medals award the xp that you would receive if your team otherwise won.  The victory coefficient is 1.5.  Also don't forget there is a team performance factor--so if your team gets steamrolled, you will get less xp as well.  Everything else being the same, you get more xp in a loss with a Battle Hero, if it was a close loss rather than a blowout.  

Spoiler

I was looking for that list but didn't find it! Cheers!
So no BH bonus in a win.

But I didn't know the epic and platoon awards was included in this. That's really good to know! :honoring:

Morpheus02007 #39 Posted 14 October 2018 - 08:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12045 battles

Yesterday an M on a loss in a T-32.

T-32 loss

Garage

Thanks to xRoni7x for this awesome sig!

Xenith_Inc #40 Posted 14 October 2018 - 09:14 PM

Major

• Players
  • 5690 battles