Port-Rogue Harbor-Port...Is this how map rotation should work?

Map rotation Port Rogue Harbor

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Jope2209 #1 Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:05 AM

Major

• Players
  • 22874 battles

Last night I was trying to push my Jgd Pz IV over that 93% dmg standing. Played some 20 battles in that session, but finally got frustrated and gave up. Maps I was playing on were: Port-Rogue Harbor-Port in that exact order. Now that wouldn't be much of a problem, but Rougue Harbor is actualy a reskin of a map PORT!!!. :sceptic:

So my 3rd mark on Jgd Pz will have to wait, not happening with those maps. During this 20 games session, only one map was open terrain wide map (Dukla Pass) and even that one was bottom tier Encounter with base in the center of the village. Other maps were Liberty (3 times), Ensk (2 times), Ruinberg (2 times), Ravaged Capital, Pilsen (2 times), Port (4 times?!), Rogue Harbor (3 times?!), Hidden Village (bottom tier), Mountain Pass and Dukla (once).

Not a single one Prokhorovka, Malinovka (or that Mali reskin Scrapjard or whatsitsname), Murovanka, Westfield (or even Westfield reskin Panama), Redshire (nor Redshire 44). :confused:

I don't mind being bottom tier, but it does get kinda old really fast to play cramped urban maps in a turretless tank destroyer. I even managed to put up a decent performance and played it in purple numbers overall for the session, but I needed that one or two open maps where I could let that 88 do its thing. I was hoping to 3-mark it within 100 games played, it's a great tank probably the best TD at tier VI, but needs some space to show its full potential. Playing corners in a tank without turret and narrow gun arc surely leads to frustration.

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

3 MoE tanks: T-34, Pz IVH, Tiger I, Pz.Kpfw. T 25

Poll - Choose your least preferred map (removed maps* included, Nomonhan map added to Poll)

Jope2209 #2 Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:10 AM

Major

• Players
  • 22874 battles

Question for Max. Are these maps equaly weighted in map rotation. I mean specifically Port and its reskin Rogue Harbor, Westfield and Panama, Malinovka and Scrapjard (not sure about the name, but it's reskin of Mali), Amazon and Arctic Region, Kitimat and its original map (Serene Coast?).

How is it possible to get Port and Rogue Harbor and then Port again in one sequence?

Edited by Jope2209, 12 October 2018 - 09:14 AM.

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

3 MoE tanks: T-34, Pz IVH, Tiger I, Pz.Kpfw. T 25

Poll - Choose your least preferred map (removed maps* included, Nomonhan map added to Poll)

MASHMAN 90 #3 Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:22 AM

Major

• Players
  • 29471 battles
Port and Rogues are considered different maps, i can't explain the third Port unless RNG picked the same number.

Spoiler

Panzerfahrer1976 #4 Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:27 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12832 battles
  • [ASHES]
The Map Rotaion on every Tier is jusrt pain atm... I play round about 40 Games per Day and See only 5 Maps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users