Bad Matchmaking Examples - Both are bad even when you win!

matchmaking MM Clan platoon

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

MCSaltmaker #1 Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:06 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18038 battles
  • [TVTC]

Matchmaking issues from winning by literally destroying all the enemies 15 tanks and not losing any to being a Tier VIII platoon in a mainly all Tier X match with no tier IX's... How is either good for anyone? 

Platooning can be a nightmare now since all tanks have to be the same tier, which would be okay if we actually was matched with similar tiers but tier X lights can easily take out tier VIII heavies whereas the tier VIII heavy does marginal damage with a side shot to a light??? REALLY? 

Not sure if this is a CLAN/Platoon issue but over 80%+ when platooning you end up in the bottom as per example below... not exactly a match is it? 

PLEASE FIX... PLEASE!

Tempest fox3 #2 Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:16 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18296 battles

5 man platoon, game prioritises putting you against an enemy 4-5 man platoon regardless of tier difference.

Playing in a 5 man platoon at tier 8 pretty much guarantees you'll never be top tier.

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained

MCSaltmaker #3 Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:23 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18038 battles
  • [TVTC]

View PostTempest fox3, on 12 October 2018 - 07:16 AM, said:

5 man platoon, game prioritises putting you against an enemy 4-5 man platoon regardless of tier difference.

Playing in a 5 man platoon at tier 8 pretty much guarantees you'll never be top tier.

That's part of the issue, tier difference. Tier VIII's for example can't go against tier X's in a platoon... Tier IX's I can see for sure but it gets to the point where placing 5 tier VIII's will cost the team as a whole the game in many cases. 

The other example totally wiping out the other team happens way too much or getting totally wiped out... regardless of tier.

radonism #4 Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:41 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13809 battles

For me, MM works pretty well 95% of the time when there are no platoons. Stick a platoon in the mix and it just can't cope...

I think they should drop the match platoon to platoon thing and just concentrate on tier/weight matching. 

BULLPUPBAKERST1 #5 Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:43 PM

Major

• Players
  • 40985 battles
  • [BNKR]

I look at it this way:  it’s not fair for the solo players on your team. Your 5-man platoon shouldn’t be complaining because you have all the advantages associated with team work. I submit that you have that built in advantage over 10 solo players on the red team. The only difficulty you guys should have faced is if you actually met the opposing platoon in the first area your platoon went to. 

100% Credit/Thanks to Violet Viper X for the fantastic Sig. 

The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.-Nietzsche-

LacqueredBacon #6 Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 28264 battles
  • [NOCAP]
Agree completely. However, the two man platoons highlighted in the 2nd screenshot usually isn't a big deal.

MCSaltmaker #7 Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:54 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18038 battles
  • [TVTC]

View PostBULLPUPBAKERST1, on 12 October 2018 - 07:43 AM, said:

I look at it this way:  it’s not fair for the solo players on your team. Your 5-man platoon shouldn’t be complaining because you have all the advantages associated with team work. I submit that you have that built in advantage over 10 solo players on the red team. The only difficulty you guys should have faced is if you actually met the opposing platoon in the first area your platoon went to. 

I look at it from other views like the rest of the team... the team lost since tier X's can basically rip through tier VIII's pretty easily even the lights. The other team had a 5 man platoon of X's... sorry but a platoon of X's is not a fair match against VIII's regardless. I can see tier IX for sure or IF there was more tier VIII's overall. 

The other example I gave happens a lot when teams totally dominate regardless of platoon or clan so the issue is overall. 

Platoon wise, WoT forced the issue that all tanks have to be the same tier now regardless of tank matchmaking. So some tanks that never see certain tiers will now do so. 

My point in posting isn't to complain it is to better the game. 

Totally dominating a team killing all the tanks is just as pointless... I like a good game either way.

korbendallas-01 #8 Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 38909 battles
  • [GER_1]

View PostMCSaltmaker, on 12 October 2018 - 04:06 PM, said:

Not sure if this is a CLAN/Platoon issue but over 80%+ when platooning you end up in the bottom as per example below... not exactly a match is it?

It's not an exact match, but they have more high-tier tanks, you have more platoon. About even, I would say.

MCSaltmaker #9 Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:57 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18038 battles
  • [TVTC]

View PostLacqueredBacon, on 12 October 2018 - 07:47 AM, said:

Agree completely. However, the two man platoons highlighted in the 2nd screenshot usually isn't a big deal.

I posted that pic to show that matchmaking isn't just platoons but total domination... I like a good game and winning like that is just as bad in my eyes. I rather have a good fight than to wipe out a whole team in a few minutes.

MCSaltmaker #10 Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:00 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18038 battles
  • [TVTC]

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 12 October 2018 - 07:57 AM, said:

It's not an exact match, but they have more high-tier tanks, you have more platoon. About even, I would say.

WoT changed platooning so now everyone has to have the same tier. Matchmaking a tier VIII platoon vs a tier X platoon isn't exactly a close match at all. How do those 2 platoons even come close to matching??

BULLPUPBAKERST1 #11 Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:00 PM

Major

• Players
  • 40985 battles
  • [BNKR]

Yes, we were agreeing that it’s not fair to the green team....I just added essentially that I don’t feel sorry for your platoon. If any of us run in a five man platoon, we get what we got coming to us for the exchange of advantages of platooning. I’ve been in five man tier 8 platoons that have defeated a team with 5 man tier 10 platoons. 

I do agree that 4-5 man platoons screw up the MM...I’m just saying that the platoon shouldn’t feel slighted for their own sake. 

The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.-Nietzsche-

The Big G BO #12 Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:04 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 78535 battles
The other day, I was put in so many matches were I was the only little guy on the block- only 8 in a 10 match etc.... Personally I don't care. It's a fun,  if you change your mind set. Put your brown pants on and give it bell.

MCSaltmaker #13 Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:09 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18038 battles
  • [TVTC]

View PostBULLPUPBAKERST1, on 12 October 2018 - 08:00 AM, said:

Yes, we were agreeing that it’s not fair to the green team....I just added essentially that I don’t feel sorry for your platoon. If any of us run in a five man platoon, we get what we got coming to us for the exchange of advantages of platooning. I’ve been in five man tier 8 platoons that have defeated a team with 5 man tier 10 platoons. 

I do agree that 4-5 man platoons screw up the MM...I’m just saying that the platoon shouldn’t feel slighted for their own sake. 

If MM was actually matching then a similar level platoon would make sense. In that example it wasn't and no tier IX's at all plus the other team had 2 extra X's... we literally brought our own team down firepower wise. 

Much like other games platooning or CLANS is so players can play with friends and peers which WoT created and promotes, I just think they could do better at MM regardless of platooning or not. 

WE the majority of time end of in the bottom and do well even if we get killed but we see more ones like the example which others complain about as well (like the tier X's with us... doesn't help them does it?)

MCSaltmaker #14 Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:12 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18038 battles
  • [TVTC]

View PostThe Big G BO, on 12 October 2018 - 08:04 AM, said:

The other day, I was put in so many matches were I was the only little guy on the block- only 8 in a 10 match etc.... Personally I don't care. It's a fun,  if you change your mind set. Put your brown pants on and give it bell.

My post was to help MM not complain or rip anyone, hence the two different examples. It can be improved bottom line and I'm far from the only person mentioning this.  

BULLPUPBAKERST1 #15 Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:15 PM

Major

• Players
  • 40985 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostMCSaltmaker, on 12 October 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

If MM was actually matching then a similar level platoon would make sense. In that example it wasn't and no tier IX's at all plus the other team had 2 extra X's... we literally brought our own team down firepower wise. 

Much like other games platooning or CLANS is so players can play with friends and peers which WoT created and promotes, I just think they could do better at MM regardless of platooning or not. 

WE the majority of time end of in the bottom and do well even if we get killed but we see more ones like the example which others complain about as well (like the tier X's with us... doesn't help them does it?)

like I said, I don’t think we are disagreeing...I think I’m just more ho-hum about it. I was in a four-man yesterday of all pref 8s and the enemy had a four man of 9s...I was in a kv5 and met an ST-I and T10 on the first corner. My apcr couldn’t even pen them and I died with a decent amount of blocked damage but all zeros. Oh well. 

MCSaltmaker #16 Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:22 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18038 battles
  • [TVTC]

View PostBULLPUPBAKERST1, on 12 October 2018 - 08:15 AM, said:

like I said, I don’t think we are disagreeing...I think I’m just more ho-hum about it. I was in a four-man yesterday of all pref 8s and the enemy had a four man of 9s...I was in a kv5 and met an ST-I and T10 on the first corner. My apcr couldn’t even pen them and I died with a decent amount of blocked damage but all zeros. Oh well. 

I would have rather had that than ours! lol 

I can see matching platoons at least 1 up or 1 down overall. Not sure what the solution is but I'm seeing a lot of complaints in general about this but also against platoons. If the X's complained about getting stuck with an VIII platoon I see their pain... it sucks... 

The Big G BO #17 Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:31 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 78535 battles

View PostMCSaltmaker, on 12 October 2018 - 04:12 PM, said:

My post was to help MM not complain or rip anyone, hence the two different examples. It can be improved bottom line and I'm far from the only person mentioning this.  

I know that and didn't think you were complaining. I just except reality, nothing I'm going to do about it. Nevertheless, a five man platoon is a huge advantage playing at the same level if the players know what they are doing. That said, you should be able to do some damage at level 10 working together. It's not the end of the world.

korbendallas-01 #18 Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:53 PM

Major

• Players
  • 38909 battles
  • [GER_1]

View PostMCSaltmaker, on 12 October 2018 - 05:00 PM, said:

WoT changed platooning so now everyone has to have the same tier. Matchmaking a tier VIII platoon vs a tier X platoon isn't exactly a close match at all. How do those 2 platoons even come close to matching??

They don't, but you shouldn't restrict your comparison to those two platoons.

I hear that 4-5 tank platoons are matched to each other, without regard to their tier.

MCSaltmaker #19 Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:07 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18038 battles
  • [TVTC]

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 12 October 2018 - 09:53 AM, said:

They don't, but you shouldn't restrict your comparison to those two platoons.

I hear that 4-5 tank platoons are matched to each other, without regard to their tier.

Whoever starts the platoon and selects the tank, each person has to select the same tier and some are excluded. They added this change last update. 

The two examples are of many examples, one with unmatched platoons and one with teams that get totally destroyed. 

I've played both sides, totally getting wiped out or destroying the other team. Just like sports, blowouts aren't fun to watch or play...

The Big G BO #20 Posted 16 October 2018 - 02:20 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 78535 battles
I recall a short time back, my brother and I were the only two eights in a less nine more ten match. We won, we were one and two tanker and received the brothers in arm medal. 5 eights playing together can use their speed and quick reload and swarm isolated tanks, drive behind the reds, even at choke points, and cause reds to turn giving broad sides while causing confusion. Some eights will take some hits, but slow reloading tens are vulnerable , even two or 3 parked together. Having said that,  I said people want to play together in platoons, so they get what's available when they pull the pull the pin and join a game. I'm not techi enough to know what WOT can do about MM, but being a eight in a ten match does not mean automatic lose.

Also tagged with matchmaking, MM, Clan, platoon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users