Which war stories are good for XP?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

KajitaBerlin #1 Posted 15 October 2018 - 12:44 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17359 battles

I have a question. First of all, I think XP farming on war stories is not a abuse in my eyes, because they made it to play as PVE. So I wanna know which stories are good for playing some games when I am enough of the MM. I used 2nd mission of Berlin for a few times, which is easy win and good XP.

Which stories you can recommend?

I_TriffNix #2 Posted 15 October 2018 - 01:24 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 15948 battles

When i drive i use the 1st WS part 2

It's not so much to drive arround.

I mostly cap only 1 base to have a friendly tank what went to the last base.

So i can kill 12 enemys or more.

I dont like to farm XP on WS cause i get more XP in random battles

KilledByPing #3 Posted 15 October 2018 - 01:50 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15680 battles
  • [ENVY]
/

Edited by KilledByPing, 15 October 2018 - 01:52 PM.

Jope2209 #4 Posted 15 October 2018 - 01:55 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33899 battles

View PostKajitaBerlin, on 15 October 2018 - 12:44 PM, said:

I have a question. First of all, I think XP farming on war stories is not a abuse in my eyes, because they made it to play as PVE. So I wanna know which stories are good for playing some games when I am enough of the MM. I used 2nd mission of Berlin for a few times, which is easy win and good XP.

Which stories you can recommend?

Like bux mentioned first story used to be not so bad. Live target practice was changed in almost every Update since introduction, so now it's a bit more difficult than in the beggining, but some XP and sillver can be earned.

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

3 MoE tanks: T-34, Pz IVH, Tiger I, Pz.Kpfw. T 25, M7, T-50

New updated poll - please take a minute and cast your votes for the least preferred map in rotation (2019)

Wakkomaster #5 Posted 15 October 2018 - 01:57 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13860 battles

Depends on the tank you're using. Some War Stories were created with heavy tanks in mind, others are more suitable for fast vehicles.

Live Fire Exercise (Brothers in Arms 1) is considered the go-to War Story for the more balanced tanks, as it requires a combination of mobility, steady fire power to eliminate the enemy tanks and save your allies and some armour to fight the last wave of three tanks which sometime come for you no matter where you're hiding. With the right tank you can complete it well under 8 minutes (I think my record is about 6), one of the best XP/time ratios.

However autoloaders, lights and slow super heavy might have a hard time.

The Setup (The Heist 1) is my favourite with slow tanks, I've done it so many times on my T30 and Mauschen. Scoring the 12 kills needed for the daily Op that doubles your XP is easily doable, there are respawning ammo crates and repair boxes and the time limit is pretty high at 20 minutes (it usually take me 18 to finish it with the Mauschen). Another good one for heavy tanks is Tigerfibel (Runaway Tiger 1), with 23 red tanks all for you (no allies in this one). Unfortunately the time limit is quite stingy and you have to travel quite the distance, so it's a no-go for slow tanks (I tried with the VK100 without stopping and finished 3-4 minutes over time).

Light tanks and autoloaders should have little problems doing The Connesseur, since they can zip in and out of fights as needed. Potemkin is made for arties, but keep in mind that the default tank, Toska, has an insane amount of ammo so the normal tanks might have to run for the ammo crate at some point.

Currently playing World of Tanks on:

Xbox - Wakkomaster

You can also find me on:

Playstation - Wakkopresi

PC - Wakkomaster

KajitaBerlin #6 Posted 15 October 2018 - 04:22 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17359 battles
Thank you guys, I give it a try!

fragglecommand #7 Posted 20 October 2018 - 08:31 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13600 battles
Push for victory( brothers in arms part 3) is best for XP as you fight only equal and higher tier tanks hence more xp.

You will need some armour though.

Anyway go south, take out 3 heavy tanks. Up hill to take out 3 tank destroyers then move on the "elite platoon"

I was doing this in the vk 45.02b was no xp ops and getting 1800-2200 xp a go.

A lot of the xp comes from completing secondary so make sure you fulfill them

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users