Jump to content


New Tank concerns

Soviet tank Update World of Tanks

  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

sledge6301 #21 Posted 21 October 2018 - 07:03 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 46014 battles
  • 1,245
  • [PIRAI]
  • Member since:
    02-20-2017

View PostJust An0maly, on 20 October 2018 - 08:50 PM, said:

This may be a record - complaints of a tank (or in this case, several) being OP before they are even released.

I'm not picking on you op, but one of the things that constantly amazes me about this forum is the near certainty surrounding whining about tanks being OP. And funny enough, after a week or two of the new tanks being around the whining usually subsides as people figure out how to pen the new tanks.

Exhibit A, the high pitched screams surrounding the release of the Super Conq. Hardly hear anything about it now. 

 

Thank you this is exactley what conserns me the most... All this cryin before we even have them in game we all know the drill it comes we play them superunis makes them to good they get nerfed and powercreeped and we all get stuck in the what remains a pice of nothing that was very hard to grind out but become a rusy garage scrap.

 

And we know this it is not a new thing it is in the line of WG intensions to keep us grinding or free up xp.

 

For me i dont give a rats [edited]im going to get them anyway but for casual players whith a life a feel sorry.



Sohbrikay #22 Posted 22 October 2018 - 06:01 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 12434 battles
  • 1,039
  • Member since:
    07-22-2017

View PostJust An0maly, on 20 October 2018 - 08:50 PM, said:

This may be a record - complaints of a tank (or in this case, several) being OP before they are even released.

 

You obviously were not on the forums before the Defender landed, there was much debate about how OP it was before it was released, so no, no new record - just a stuck, broken one.

Sobriquet. Sohbrikay, Soh - bri - kay....

 

Say it with me : Cannon - Fodd - errrrr

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOT / Dia de los Muertos dedicated - https://i.imgur.com/zPFtsFl.jpg


John-berg1995 #23 Posted 22 October 2018 - 06:26 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 10343 battles
  • 1,355
  • [CIA]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015

View Postomega760, on 20 October 2018 - 06:24 PM, said:

To be honest I’m a little concerned regarding the Object 268 v4. For those who aren’t aware the vehicle has something of a bad reputation already on the PC version. While not as bad as it was intially, it remains a very strong tank and has been accused by some of being overpowered. In fact many of these new Russian vehicles have been a source of controversy on the PC version. Do my fellow tankers share these concerns or am I alone on this? Thoughts?

It's not as over powered as everyone makes it up to be. I have the tank on PC and I have had games where I'm brawling and doing everything right and did not bounce not 1 single point of damage and lost all my HP and died. the tank has a few weak points and everyone and their mother knows exactly where to shoot. don't get me wrong. A month after it came out I could consistently block 7k easy, now people don't even bother shooting at you unless they can garentee a penetration. Or they just fire heat and pray for +25%  yes it's going to be good in nerfed. But I wouldn't get your hopes ups...once everyone knows the weak points it's really not even that much more effective than the 263....the lower portion of the lower plate can be consistently penetrated by 200mm standard AP ammo....so expect to be penetrated alot by 8s if they manage to aim properly. 



ThRiLl_GmYr #24 Posted 22 October 2018 - 06:44 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 18016 battles
  • 1,318
  • Member since:
    01-28-2016
The PC nerfs would be ok.  Anything more would be stupid. It already has 200 less alpha than it's tier mates.

SKYNET T92 #25 Posted 22 October 2018 - 08:24 PM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 32415 battles
  • 246
  • [MYST]
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013

View Postomega760, on 20 October 2018 - 06:24 PM, said:

To be honest I’m a little concerned regarding the Object 268 v4. For those who aren’t aware the vehicle has something of a bad reputation already on the PC version. While not as bad as it was intially, it remains a very strong tank and has been accused by some of being overpowered. In fact many of these new Russian vehicles have been a source of controversy on the PC version. Do my fellow tankers share these concerns or am I alone on this? Thoughts?

 

Russian Bias has been around since they first released on the game. Your concerns are legitimate and almost 100% guaranteed, as every Russian tank that has released has been better than its competition. Its only the most noob/yolotard/stat padder friendly nation in the game. They only get 1-3 new tanks every year while other nations might get 1 if they're lucky....You've got nothing to worry about :coin:

Playertd #26 Posted 22 October 2018 - 10:23 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 18612 battles
  • 11,917
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014

View PostSKYNET T92, on 22 October 2018 - 12:24 PM, said:

 

Russian Bias has been around since they first released on the game. Your concerns are legitimate and almost 100% guaranteed, as every Russian tank that has released has been better than its competition. Its only the most noob/yolotard/stat padder friendly nation in the game. They only get 1-3 new tanks every year while other nations might get 1 if they're lucky....You've got nothing to worry about :coin:

 

Just curious, what tanks are better than other nations in your opinion? Their heavies? Nope. Tds definetely not. Maybe their lights. Not their arty. Can make a case for their mediums but then the French exist. 


4HPMvmm.jpg

 

                                           

 


SKYNET T92 #27 Posted 23 October 2018 - 04:08 PM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 32415 battles
  • 246
  • [MYST]
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013

View PostPlayertd, on 22 October 2018 - 10:23 PM, said:

 

Just curious, what tanks are better than other nations in your opinion? Their heavies? Nope. Tds definetely not. Maybe their lights. Not their arty. Can make a case for their mediums but then the French exist. 

 

I'm not even going to bother with explaining this one. You'll learn.

Playertd #28 Posted 23 October 2018 - 04:59 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 18612 battles
  • 11,917
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014

View PostSKYNET T92, on 23 October 2018 - 08:08 AM, said:

 

I'm not even going to bother with explaining this one. You'll learn.

 

That's what I thought.

4HPMvmm.jpg

 

                                           

 


korbendallas-01 #29 Posted 24 October 2018 - 07:39 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 40025 battles
  • 6,179
  • [GER_1]
  • Member since:
    05-15-2016

View PostJohn-berg1995, on 22 October 2018 - 07:26 PM, said:

the tank has a few weak points and everyone and their mother knows exactly where to shoot

 

This is console. Everyone and their mother uses autoaim.

 

That's what I don't get when people point at weak points as balancing tools. Have they never been in randoms?

 

Besides, it's still a big advantage to just pop around a corner and put a weakly aimed shot in the opponent, when he has to carefully aim at your cupola.



omega760 #30 Posted 24 October 2018 - 11:07 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 10511 battles
  • 58
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostPlayertd, on 22 October 2018 - 10:23 PM, said:

 

Just curious, what tanks are better than other nations in your opinion? Their heavies? Nope. Tds definetely not. Maybe their lights. Not their arty. Can make a case for their mediums but then the French exist. 

 

Have you looked at any of the upcoming tanks? Honestly while the Bobject is kind of silly and was undeniably busted on intial release a lot of these new soviets are compared very favorably with competitors. The K-91 has some of the best gun handling on a medium tank at tier 10. The 430U has great armor and a hard hitting gun pretty much made for aggressive bullying. The 705a has huge armor in a sidescrape or hull down position. The 277 is fairly quick and has the highest penetration for standard ammo on a heavy in the game. Also that makes 3 mediums, 4 heavies, 3 TD’s all at tier 10. Russians undeniably now have way more selection and the playstyles of all vary from amazing snipers, fast flankers, heavy hitters all in one patch. I won’t say that Russians beat every nation before this patch but after it? Ivan is back and he’s got a lot of bias to go around.

Playertd #31 Posted 25 October 2018 - 01:03 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 18612 battles
  • 11,917
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014

View Postomega760, on 24 October 2018 - 03:07 PM, said:

 

Have you looked at any of the upcoming tanks? Honestly while the Bobject is kind of silly and was undeniably busted on intial release a lot of these new soviets are compared very favorably with competitors. The K-91 has some of the best gun handling on a medium tank at tier 10. The 430U has great armor and a hard hitting gun pretty much made for aggressive bullying. The 705a has huge armor in a sidescrape or hull down position. The 277 is fairly quick and has the highest penetration for standard ammo on a heavy in the game. Also that makes 3 mediums, 4 heavies, 3 TD’s all at tier 10. Russians undeniably now have way more selection and the playstyles of all vary from amazing snipers, fast flankers, heavy hitters all in one patch. I won’t say that Russians beat every nation before this patch but after it? Ivan is back and he’s got a lot of bias to go around.

 

I'm waiting for em to come out and see how they are. I can see how they are OP on PC, but we have super buffed tanks that they dont have (mostly all of our tds) that honestly seem a lot better. Time will tell I suppose.


4HPMvmm.jpg

 

                                           

 






Also tagged with Soviet, tank, Update, World of Tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users