Awakened mod observations

Awakened mode Monster tanks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Jope2209 #1 Posted 26 October 2018 - 01:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 35139 battles

So, same as previous year, the team with most Gorynichs wins! And that's about all I can say about gameplay experience.

Revenant seems to be more difficult to take out  now cause it can't be auto locked. That's an improvement.

Kaiju is useless, slow HP pinata.

Other than Gory, Lycan is OP, especially if you can holf your fire and not empty your whole clip and leave at least one shell, so you can speed your way out of trouble.

Spectre is meh, probably the hardest to do good in.

Haven't seen any new tanks yet.

XP earnings...What on Earth is that??? :amazed: The mode could've been very popular if you allowed more XP to be earned. This way it seems like WG doesn't really want us to play awakened mode much.

Edited by Jope2209, 26 October 2018 - 01:43 PM.

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

3 MoE tanks: T-34, Pz IVH, Tiger I, Pz.Kpfw. T 25, M7, T-50

New updated poll - please take a minute and cast your votes for the least preferred map in rotation (2019)

SirDerp-a-lot #2 Posted 26 October 2018 - 03:22 PM

Major

• Players
  • 57024 battles
  • [GER_1]

View PostJope2209, on 26 October 2018 - 02:37 PM, said:

So, same as previous year, the team with most Gorynichs wins! And that's about all I can say about gameplay experience.

Revenant seems to be more difficult to take out  now cause it can't be auto locked. That's an improvement.

Kaiju is useless, slow HP pinata.

Other than Gory, Lycan is OP, especially if you can holf your fire and not empty your whole clip and leave at least one shell, so you can speed your way out of trouble.

Spectre is meh, probably the hardest to do good in.

Agreed so far, I especially like the Revenant, this is how it should have been all along.

The Dragon is fun to drive and to teleport, and has a good gun.

hexine #3 Posted 27 October 2018 - 10:53 AM

Major

• Players
  • 25073 battles

i agree with all of this, my kaiju is laughably useless

and the map is just not suited to anything other than tiny fast tanks

but worst of all is the fact i can't train any OPS at all, i mean why would they do that?

Shadow Akula 96 #4 Posted 27 October 2018 - 07:45 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13248 battles
Revenant, good thing about the outline thing, however it still appears on green team maps sometimes. This means map pingers, spam pings on you even though your playing your tank the correct way, moving up slowly and blending in with the other “dead” tanks.... avoided a Lycan that I was shooting at yesterday by staying still until he moved away

Gory, Agreed that it is still a beast (just remember to leave some of the flamethrower ammo in the loadout so you can deal with pesky lights who get to close, or to help root out revenants who happen to be the last enemies alive)

Dragon still fun with the teleports, never know where you’ll end up

Hollenhund, fun but gotta take damage for it’s ability to really kick in

Agree with the Kaiju being useless...

Lycan - Agree kinda OP if the user knows what they’re doing

Spectre - fast, can be hard to spot other than the big health bar above it (well for me it is, but probably my eyesight)

Wraith - it’s not bad, but by no means is it going to carry games with it’s health absorption ability being it’s HE rounds like *cough* +2hp added

Bog Horror - bad due to the fact it’s special ability(locking targets up in vines), while being HE round (same as the wraith), only last 5 seconds and relies heavily on teamwork to make this ability work well (I’ve yet to see anyone outside of a platoon work in a team in this 7v7 mode and with 1 exception which only occurred because it was 2v1 situation and that exception of teamwork neither person used the Bog Horror)

Just thought I’d add what I think of each tank and any changes (although I can only compare to last years event) to the thread :)

Pssst. I know who you are. Hail Sithis

YouTube channel: Shadow Akula 96

2nd YouTube channel coming soon: Shadow Drifters

My solo YT will cover various games maybe even some WoT

My other YT, a joint channel with a friend will mostly cover GTA stuff with a few other games here and there.

BigPurpleRabbit #5 Posted 28 October 2018 - 06:12 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9586 battles
This has been pretty underwhelming despite the very cool premise. It's horrible when the enemy has one Gorynych and your team has no heavy tanks. It's even worse when the enemy has 2 Gorynych's and one Kaiju and you have just lights. Couldn't do anything to them fast enough and with a Hollenhund you need to take a good amount of damage before the tank starts kicking [edited], but then you run out of ammo trying to knock out two regenerating Gory's. And just one map. The only good thing about this Halloween special is the Hollenhund I got and it's more enjoyable in non awakened mode.

hexine #6 Posted 28 October 2018 - 06:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25073 battles
i just got the dragon, the awakened version is awful, takes wayyyyyyy too long to load the gun and does minimal damage. you also lose all your accuracy when going through portals which seems like a bug

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users