Claim Care Package Alpha with Twitch Prime from October 30!

twitch twitchcon

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
272 replies to this topic

Sentience #41 Posted 29 October 2018 - 04:58 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27188 battles
  • [ARROW]

View PostSentience, on 26 October 2018 - 10:24 AM, said:

If you own one or both tanks, will the op substitute the tank with gold or silver? If so, which of the two?

I’d like an answer from WG on this. I’ve got members in my clan with one or more of the reward tanks. If the substitution is in gold, this would make the promotion worth it for most of them to to join in.

How to fix game balance in a nutshell: Click here.

How to fix Mercenaries in a nutshell: Click here.

How to keep history buffs happy: Click here.

How to make clans relevant again: Click here.

Bashful #42 Posted 29 October 2018 - 06:55 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 27138 battles
  • [47R]

View PostSentience, on 28 October 2018 - 08:58 PM, said:

I’d like an answer from WG on this. I’ve got members in my clan with one or more of the reward tanks. If the substitution is in gold, this would make the promotion worth it for most of them to to join in.

I'd be shocked if they did.

Even with the silver reward, it's a nice 4.8 million silver reward which will be well used considered the number of Tier 10 tanks that will be shortly added to the game.

Although, to be honest, I'm looking forward to the Churchill III more since I've never had the chance to buy it while it's been on sale.

Wakkomaster #43 Posted 29 October 2018 - 09:07 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13432 battles

View PostBrogueOne, on 28 October 2018 - 04:42 AM, said:

No no.... shout out to Wakkomaster. He/she’s the one who posted the basic how-to! I’m just trying to relay it to others! :-)

Kudos to you BrogueOne for helping others while I was away, then! :teethhappy:

View PostRaiBOT01, on 28 October 2018 - 04:02 AM, said:

Shout out to BrogueOne for lending a hand with answers!

…I guess that's what you get for having a lion instead of a cat for avatar, right? :(

View PostJope2209, on 28 October 2018 - 11:51 AM, said:

I wish if someone could do proper detailed tutorial about how to do everything right *looks at WG*

Yes Jope, that's still needed. I didn't go further in details as Twitch has one website while Amazon has several, one for each nation/zone, and they might be a little different from one another so I decided to not post a highly detailed guide to avoid confusion as my directions might not work on, say, the US site (even though your Amazon account works on any site, Prime features are "local bound"). WG might need to do a guide for each different Amazon site.

View PostMattbrit Force, on 28 October 2018 - 11:07 PM, said:

I linked my Amazon Prime account to my Twitch account, so now I have a Twitch Prime Account, but I use a different email address for my Twitch account than the email address I use for my Xbox Live/WoT Console account. So will I be able to link my WoT Console account to my Twitch Prime account on the 30th? I am just a little confused right now.

Yes, that's how it usually work. You'll have to link your Twitch and Xbox/PS account: you should get an automatic prompt when you redeem the WoT Mercenaries goodies, but you should be able to do it from your Twitch account settings anyway

View PostCamelman Fin, on 26 October 2018 - 09:15 PM, said:

it did need card for me and videos are working for me on amazon now and i had allready existing twitch account, but it wont let me to link those to get that trial on twitch

I subscribed to Prime a few years ago, 2012 I think, now things have probably changed. Sorry if my information wasn't correct. 

I see some encountered unexpected troubles while linking the accounts. Be aware that you can link accounts from either the Twitch page or the Amazon page, but my brother kept getting errors using the former (problems with the credit card billing) while it worked like a charm using the feature available on the Amazon page, that's why I suggested to operate from there.

Then I forgot to add that Twitch asks you to confirm pretty much every step of the linking process, going as far as asking for authorizations and administrator-like privileges. The first time I went a little "whoa!" and chickened away out of caution, interrputing the process. Just a heads-up.

Currently playing World of Tanks on:

Xbox - Wakkomaster

You can also find me on:

Playstation - Wakkopresi

PC - Wakkomaster

KilledByPing #44 Posted 29 October 2018 - 10:16 AM

Major

• Players
  • 14370 battles
  • [KJIAH]
I dont see how can i link my Twitch account to WOT Console. There are no such game or link type in link settings.

Wakkomaster #45 Posted 29 October 2018 - 11:10 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13432 battles

View PostKilledByPing, on 29 October 2018 - 11:16 AM, said:

I dont see how can i link my Twitch account to WOT Console. There are no such game or link type in link settings.

I think it's not available yet

However links to your Twitch account can be found and changed going to settings -> links:

1) Go to www.twitch.tv and log in

2) Click on your avatar on the top right and choose "settings"

3) To navigate your settings check the tabs right below the huge "Settings" title: you sould see your Profile tab, Twitch Prime Tab and so on - the last one should be "Links". Click on it and go there.

4) Here will be listed some available links (by the way, you can try to link your Amazon account here as well). Right now I don't see any Xbox Live or Playstation accounts available, maybe they'll appear on the 30th. Remember that there is no real World of Tanks Console account, instead the XBL and PS are used (if you see a "Wargaming.net" or a "World of Tanks" account, it's likely to be the PC one).

Xbox - Wakkomaster

You can also find me on:

Playstation - Wakkopresi

PC - Wakkomaster

KilledByPing #46 Posted 29 October 2018 - 01:02 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14370 battles
  • [KJIAH]

View PostWakkomaster, on 29 October 2018 - 02:10 PM, said:

I think it's not available yet

However links to your Twitch account can be found and changed going to settings -> links:

1) Go to www.twitch.tv and log in

2) Click on your avatar on the top right and choose "settings"

3) To navigate your settings check the tabs right below the huge "Settings" title: you sould see your Profile tab, Twitch Prime Tab and so on - the last one should be "Links". Click on it and go there.

4) Here will be listed some available links (by the way, you can try to link your Amazon account here as well). Right now I don't see any Xbox Live or Playstation accounts available, maybe they'll appear on the 30th. Remember that there is no real World of Tanks Console account, instead the XBL and PS are used (if you see a "Wargaming.net" or a "World of Tanks" account, it's likely to be the PC one).

This is exactly what i am talking about. There are no PS,XBL, WoT or any other services listed to link.

Wakkomaster #47 Posted 29 October 2018 - 02:54 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13432 battles

View PostKilledByPing, on 29 October 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

This is exactly what i am talking about. There are no PS,XBL, WoT or any other services listed to link.

I can confirm you that I don't have XBL or PS links too, probably it's not available yet.

I do have the Wargaming.net link though, and clicking it sends me to the official WoT PC page on the Wargaming.net website, with instructions on how to link the Wargaming.net account (for PC) to Twitch.

PSA - the description for the Alpha Pack on Twitch Prime has just been modified: it's stated that PC players can redeem it now but console players will be able to do it only after the 30th of October and to check later for further instructions

It does not state that the Pack can be redeemed for one Platform only (while it does for the October Warframe Prime pack) - but I don't know if it's an oversight or if can be actually redeemed on both PC and console.

On the World of Tanks official page (I reached it following the Twitch Prime link) is clearly stated that the Pack is a PC exclusive (and the contents are slightly different than the ones advertised on the Console News Portal), so my guess is that they're actually two different packs. So we do need Raibot or Max to clear this for us.

Thanks for tuning :)

Wakko out

Xbox - Wakkomaster

You can also find me on:

Playstation - Wakkopresi

PC - Wakkomaster

IronDiesel58 #48 Posted 30 October 2018 - 05:38 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 9626 battles
  • [A4C]
Once you link your Amazon prime and twitch accounts it says on twitch to wait till tomorrow for further directiins if your on console.

Panzerfahrer1976 #49 Posted 30 October 2018 - 09:49 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14573 battles
No Care on Twitch atm....Any News?

KilledByPing #50 Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:00 AM

Major

• Players
  • 14370 battles
  • [KJIAH]
Yap. It's 30 and still no signs of WoT or XBL\PS links in link settings menu.

Wakkomaster #51 Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:13 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13432 battles

View PostKilledByPing, on 30 October 2018 - 11:00 AM, said:

Yap. It's 30 and still no signs of WoT or XBL\PS links in link settings menu.

That's because both Twitch and Wargaming Console are based in the US. Right now (11.05 Berlin/Paris/Rome time) it's still early morning in the US. Give them some to time to start working and wait till the the mid/late afternoon before panicking… :child:

Beside there's a server restart taking place, wait for that to be over too.

Xbox - Wakkomaster

You can also find me on:

Playstation - Wakkopresi

PC - Wakkomaster

MaxMurderer6921 #52 Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:23 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 2088 battles
  • [1ABCG]

I claimed the PC edition earlier by accident, hopefully I can redeem the xbox one edition. Does anyone know for sure yet? @wakko?

HaydnSym45 #53 Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:31 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26455 battles
Dumb question - my wife has Amazon Prime, with her email. Will I be able to link to my email for the promo?

MaxMurderer6921 #54 Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:32 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 2088 battles
  • [1ABCG]

For anyone wondering, the servers are expected to be back up at 0500 Pacific Standard time

That's 1200 British standard time

0800 USA East Coast 

Across Europe it will be around about lunch time depending on what country, the further east the later the time. 

From the time of this type up it will be about 1 hour and 27 minutes. 

MaxMurderer6921 #55 Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:34 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 2088 battles
  • [1ABCG]

View PostHaydnSym45, on 30 October 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

Dumb question - my wife has Amazon Prime, with her email. Will I be able to link to my email for the promo?

Yes, link her amazon to your twitch. That's what I have done and it worked on PC. Just hope I can still redeem it on Console.

HaydnSym45 #56 Posted 30 October 2018 - 11:11 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26455 battles

View PostMaxMurderer6921, on 30 October 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

Yes, link her amazon to your twitch. That's what I have done and it worked on PC. Just hope I can still redeem it on Console.

Thanks! :great:

Wakkomaster #57 Posted 30 October 2018 - 11:18 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13432 battles

View PostMaxMurderer6921, on 30 October 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:

I claimed the PC edition earlier by accident, hopefully I can redeem the xbox one edition. Does anyone know for sure yet? @wakko?

Sorry Max, can't say for sure :( 

Anyway, claiming it on the Twitch Prime page is fine (I've already done so too), but once you link your PC account, log-in and get the goodies in-game, I don't know if it can be done for XB1 too.

There are three clues that make me think they're not mutually exclusive: it doesn't state you can redeem on one Platform only, the PC goodies are for PC only and the console version is actually different. Still, it's just my opinion and you should take it with a few spoons of salt.

For a comparison, items for Warframe are clearly stated to be redeemable on only one Platform of your choice, and it's done through the game's own website which is used to manage any console(and PC) account through XBL and PS logins.

Xbox - Wakkomaster

You can also find me on:

Playstation - Wakkopresi

PC - Wakkomaster

BrogueOne #58 Posted 30 October 2018 - 11:58 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 22739 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostMaxMurderer6921, on 30 October 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

Yes, link her amazon to your twitch. 

*giggle* :trollface:

MaxMurderer6921 #59 Posted 30 October 2018 - 12:10 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 2088 battles
  • [1ABCG]

View PostWakkomaster, on 30 October 2018 - 11:18 AM, said:

Sorry Max, can't say for sure :( 

Anyway, claiming it on the Twitch Prime page is fine (I've already done so too), but once you link your PC account, log-in and get the goodies in-game, I don't know if it can be done for XB1 too.

There are three clues that make me think they're not mutually exclusive: it doesn't state you can redeem on one Platform only, the PC goodies are for PC only and the console version is actually different. Still, it's just my opinion and you should take it with a few spoons of salt.

For a comparison, items for Warframe are clearly stated to be redeemable on only one Platform of your choice, and it's done through the game's own website which is used to manage any console(and PC) account through XBL and PS logins.

well 4.7 is released but there are still no redeeming options on twitch prime. still says to check back on the 30th. Is it the same for you?

Lobbie12 #60 Posted 30 October 2018 - 12:14 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32457 battles
  • [-UXP-]
yup, pc have console not

Also tagged with twitch, twitchcon

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users