gold

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

SirDerp-a-lot #1 Posted 28 October 2018 - 06:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 55733 battles
  • [GER_1]

You don't have to play the game with gold, but it both helps your own game, and keeps the servers running. Here is my advice on how you should spend your gold, ordered by priority.

1. Selling Equipment

Selling equipment costs 10 gold apiece, and saves a lot of silver. Normally ten gold would get you 4000 silver, selling equipment could get you as much as 500k or more.

Across a complete line grind, this would cost a maximum of 270 gold, roughly €1. This is an effective use of your money even if you spend as little as €5 a year.

2. Buying Premium Time

Premium time let's you earn more money and XP, with every tank you drive. So whenever you play more than a couple of games a day, consider getting premium time.

A year of premium time is usually on sale on Black Friday, for half price.

3. Low-Tier Premium Tanks

Get at least one low-tier premium tank for each nation you play. Low-tier premium tanks have several advantages over high-tier premiums:

• They are cheap. For the cost of one tier VIII premium, you can get ten low-tiers.
  • Most are good crew trainers. They usually have higher XP bonuses than high-tier premiums, and games are shorter. Just driving away the daily bonus will let your crew improve quickly.
  • They are excellent to train rookie crews. You don't want to put your zero-skill rookie crew in a tier VIII premium, so you can use the low-tiers to put the first couple of skills on it.
  • If you are a beginner, you should not jump on a high-tier tank anyway. Build your own skill, and grind your way up. You won't achieve much if you move to high tiers too quickly, or buy a high-tier premium tank.

Here is my recommendation for each nation:

• USA: M22 Locust
  • Germany: Pz. 38H, one of the best crew trainers in the game
  • Soviet Union: Churchill III, one of the best crew trainers in the game
  • UK: AC1 Sentinel/Vanquisher Edit: Really bad tank, use the Grizzly/Frostbite instead
  • Sweden: Tomte L-60 or Toldi III, if you can get it
  • France: FCM 36 PaK 40, if you can stand its excruciatingly low speed, leFH18B2 otherwise
  • Japan: Chi-Nu Kai
  • China: No recommendation
  • Czech: Turan III, if you can get it

I especially recommend the Churchill III, if you plan on driving Soviet tanks at all. Not only is it an amazing crew trainer, it is also very useful for many ops that would earn you free premium tanks. (And it's fun!)

4. Swapping Skills

Not strictly speaking necessary, but it's also cheap: For ten gold, you can swap one skill/perk with another. Remember that perks only work once they are fully learned, but skills work from their first 1 %, with increasing effectiveness. You can use this to learn a skill, benefit from it while you are improving, and swap it for a perk once you are done. 20 gold only, and well-spent in my book, especially once your crew gets better and skills/perks become very slow to master.

5. Camouflage for Light and Medium Tanks and TDs

Camouflage works best on TDs and light tanks, and they also benefit the most from a better camo value. If you plan on keeping a tank, permanent camo might well be worth the cost for these types of tanks.

6. Other Premium Tanks

There are some very good premium tanks out there, and you should buy one if you think it would work for you. If it looks promising, ask around about its strengths and weaknesses and visit Youtube to see a couple of reviews (usually PC reviews would work for the console). Pick one that you are likely to like driving, silver and XP will be better, and driving tanks shouldn't be a chore.

Don't buy into high-tier premium tanks before you are ready though. You won't have fun.

7. Camouflage for Heavy Tanks and Artillery

Camouflage has little effect on heavies and arties, but it looks pretty!

No ranking: Garages

Buy garages when you have to, but don't waste them on tanks you are unlikely to ever drive again.

Occasionally, ten garages are available for half price.

That's about it. I would usually not spend gold on boosts or supplies, I don't convert XP and I don't buy silver. I don't think it's necessary to use gold to move a crew to a new tank, esp. not if you follow my advice about the low-tier premium tanks.

KajitaBerlin #2 Posted 28 October 2018 - 07:05 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17360 battles
Nice, I enjoyed reading, although I did know about it already. Great job!

IBROX 04 #3 Posted 28 October 2018 - 07:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20532 battles
  • [BNKR]
I think my grandson keeps adding gold to my account, currently 20+k gold. Please don't let him read this thread. Lol. 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

JelliedPenny08 #4 Posted 28 October 2018 - 08:06 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16216 battles

Great guide. +1

Any premium that you can win or earn for free can also be useful. War Stories offers discounted premiums on completion of each 3 chapter mini story and offers tanks like the Captured Kv-1 a powerful tier 5 dual nation trainer. 

For nations like China they can be awkward. I use the Legion, (which I won through Tankbowl) in Proving Grounds to build up my Chinese crews. So these tanks can be earnable at times or also given away by youtubers. 

Zxyphos #5 Posted 29 October 2018 - 02:40 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18182 battles
  • [RATT]
Buying premium time has never been a thing for me. I have lots of tier tens and needed not premium time to acquire them. That being said, I only grinded German, Soviet and US tier tens. 

Capn Ratchet45 #6 Posted 29 October 2018 - 07:08 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 22207 battles

View PostRarefication, on 29 October 2018 - 02:40 PM, said:

Buying premium time has never been a thing for me. I have lots of tier tens and needed not premium time to acquire them. That being said, I only grinded German, Soviet and US tier tens. 

props on that feat rare! careful expenditures! 

real FUGAR #7 Posted 06 November 2018 - 12:05 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 24191 battles
  • [OTO]

This is no Guide TO Gold. How Do You make TO Gold? I almost bought Your "Secrets TO Gold in WoT" Vid.Seminars, guess that wouldve added some :coin:

My eternity is longer than Yours _ Make boosters selectable consumables after battle, rather than a RNG MM wager _ The tallest ones confirm: MM is not broken, its ADVANCED

WoT WoT   oTo (put nuts and bolt logo in here) 

http://xboxdvr.com/g.../video/37825507

Also tagged with gold

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users