• This topic is locked This topic is locked
667 replies to this topic

Sovietdeath #41 Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:05 PM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15356 battles

View PostRagerunner78, on 05 November 2018 - 08:40 PM, said:

P.S.

There's no handbrake input shown on the D-Pad Cruise Control controller configuration diagram for the PS4. Could be placed in L3 or shown if already implemented but just not in the diagram.

Rage go to the configuration "Handbrake Click" this is the D-Pad Cruise configuration with the handbrake in L3

TheKitsuneFox #42 Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:53 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27468 battles
  • [W0TFR]
Would it be possible to customise a camo pattern for any tank much like how we can customise flags ?

I mean: pattern / color 1 / color 2 / color 3 / color 4 (if there are so many colors needed on the pattern).

For example :
Colors available would be a variety of Brown/Green/Grey/Beige for summer camo,
White/Green/Grey for winter
Beige/Green/Brown for desert
Grey/White/Blue for urban

This could greatly improve everyone's tanks uniqueness, could even motivate clans to bear a distinctive/specific camo.

(and combined with the "wobbly bits" mentionned since the arrival of flags, this would have a greater cosmetic impact on all vehicles)

D3M0LITI0N MANN #43 Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:29 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 14330 battles
  • [JOCO]
Have you guys ever thought of creating a German heavy tank that is an auto loader? I think it would be pretty awesome. 

Ragerunner78 #44 Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:26 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 10762 battles

View PostSovietdeath, on 08 November 2018 - 07:05 AM, said:

Rage go to the configuration "Handbrake Click" this is the D-Pad Cruise configuration with the handbrake in L3

I know that's there. I just don't know why this configuration is like this because every other one has handbrakes. Are there people who actually don't even want the possibility to use handbrakes? It would be a shame for a new player to choose this config for whatever reason and not even know about handbrakes as they are bewildered seeing other tanks just going:

I used to pull this off while running from an enemy chasing me down in my E50 to get to a good sidescraping spot after creating some distance and catch them soooo off guard as now they've already committed to the chase but are caught out in an open position.

Sovietdeath #45 Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:16 PM

Major

• 15356 battles

View PostRagerunner78, on 08 November 2018 - 06:26 PM, said:

I know that's there. I just don't know why this configuration is like this because every other one has handbrakes. Are there people who actually don't even want the possibility to use handbrakes

Yes Actually...

Its actually there because when the handbrake was 1st introduced it WAS on the stick, But there were a vocal group of D-PAD Cruise users that didn't like having the handbrake on the Stick so they took it off and added a separate scheme for those that did want the handbrake to those that didn't.

MASHMAN 90 #46 Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:20 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 37365 battles
Any plans for another Dream Op :)

MASHMAN 90 #47 Posted 11 November 2018 - 02:17 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 37365 battles
We have seen a Consumable Sale where you can buy Consumables for 50% Off, Will we see an Equipment Sale in the future?

Sentience #48 Posted 14 November 2018 - 06:37 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28008 battles
  • [ARROW]

From player suggestions, how often are flags / emblems added to the game?

Background:

I’ve asked ( for nearly two years and in several different places) for the Baltimore City flag be added, as the Chicago flag is already in the game and the studio is called Wargaming Chicago-Baltimore. I believe this is a very reasonable request, and am surprised it hasn’t been addressed.

Other suggestions, like the Yugoslavian Flag and American Calvary Guidon (red on white), seem very appropriate, given the game’s implied time period and subject matter.

How to fix game balance in a nutshell: Click here.

How to fix Mercenaries in a nutshell: Click here.

How to keep history buffs happy: Click here.

How to make clans relevant again: Click here.

Sentience #49 Posted 14 November 2018 - 06:57 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28008 battles
  • [ARROW]

What is the process for evaluating existing art assets for cultural sensitivity?

On one end, we had the removal of prop skulls from certain tanks - items that could (in theory) be justified as simple Halloween decorations reflecting a well known North American holiday.

Conversely, there is a symbol on the side of the Kraft panther, which depending on distance and lighting, looks like a German Totenkopf from that era, belonging to a very specific panzer division known for committing war crimes. Both skulls have a forward left tilt, with overlapping bones placed behind the skull. Though skulls and crossbones are common iconography in warfare, that specific combination, in that specific orientation, on that specific tank does not appear to be culturally sensitive.

Sentience #50 Posted 14 November 2018 - 07:12 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28008 battles
  • [ARROW]

Would WGCB consider a client side historical filter similar to what PC has already implemented?

I understand the need the create content accessible to people outside of the historical/realism niche. Honestly, I do.

Please don’t forget that we’re still here - the guys who appreciate the original aesthetic, and would like a client side solution to keep it that way.

For a lot of us, seeing something like this:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/57857147/World-of-Tanks-Key-Art-2017

Share the same battlefield as this:

https://static-wcp.gcdn.co/sites/default/files/media/18/11/13/outcastsmegaart.jpg

Is simply too much of a divergence. To use a tabletop analogy, it’s like playing with a Warhammer 40K set against a Warhammer fantasy set. Sure, the lore, rules, gameplay elements are similar, but it just doesn’t feel right.

CallSignMarrero #51 Posted 14 November 2018 - 01:58 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16833 battles
Valkyria Chronicles 4 just came out couple months ago. Any plans on getting the license from Sega to bring in the Hafen and maybe the Vulcan since we have the Edelweiss and Nameless in the game already?

FinlandRed #52 Posted 14 November 2018 - 04:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21766 battles
  1. Are the dev team disappointed with the lukewarm reception Mercenaries has received?
  2. Do you feel like it's the style of the Mercenaries that is responsible for negative reactions or the nature of the contracts?
  3. Do you think the reception would have been better if you'd have gone in the direction of some the of forum ideas for a tree containing vehicles from countries unable to build a full tech tree?

Cpl Derren #53 Posted 14 November 2018 - 04:38 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28779 battles
  • [IMTLZ]
Before releasing the Kanonenjagdpanzer 105, could WGCB consider allowing already Kanonenjagdpanzer owners trade their 90mm version for the 105 like PC had done?

Come watch me on Twitch! Simply search: cpl_derren

Check out my YouTube channel WoTC Academy!  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZCURXxiHul8a_9hRcgfpmA

FuzzyDrake782 #54 Posted 14 November 2018 - 06:21 PM

Private

• Players
  • 23373 battles
  • [USMCA]
When will THE MACHINE contract be released

ThRiLl_GmYr #55 Posted 15 November 2018 - 06:12 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 18442 battles
A third party stats website shows that the Obj 268 V 4 is last among tier X tank destroyers in almost every significant statistic.  When can we expect the V4 to recieve buffs to make it competitive?

JONNYREBELGTX #56 Posted 15 November 2018 - 10:14 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20508 battles

Wow, you guys deleted my screenshots (names blurred out) of grossly off matchmaking?

How come? I wasn't naming or shaming.

Haukkis #57 Posted 16 November 2018 - 02:58 AM

Major

• Players
  • 34544 battles
When we can except to see more detailed vehicle stats in garage, like how much your tank weights?

Sovietdeath #58 Posted 16 November 2018 - 05:49 AM

Major

• 15356 battles

View PostJONNYREBELGTX, on 15 November 2018 - 05:14 PM, said:

Wow, you guys deleted my screenshots (names blurred out) of grossly off matchmaking?

How come? I wasn't naming or shaming.

Read the original post of the thread you may have this question already answered there.

If you're post read the way I think it did

XEboi #59 Posted 16 November 2018 - 01:24 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 23161 battles

View PostCpl Derren, on 14 November 2018 - 04:38 PM, said:

Before releasing the Kanonenjagdpanzer 105, could WGCB consider allowing already Kanonenjagdpanzer owners trade their 90mm version for the 105 like PC had done?

That's my question aswell 

& any news of weather you'll reconsider not doing tiger 217? 

Warthog II #60 Posted 16 November 2018 - 02:48 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 43675 battles
  • [KMD]

Spaced armor and the new Merc tanks.  For some reason these Merc tanks, that are ostensibly made from other tank parts found on the battlefield, are getting spaced armor ex nihilo (never mind also tacky) when the tanks they come from don't have spaced armor at those spots?

• i.e.  things such as that so called T.A.N.K have ACME rockets on a HWK hull
    • When that tank was modeled for armor,  why count the ACME rockets as armor when ported content doesn't get the same treatment?  Why even put them there in the first place?  Why even have Merc tanks in the game?

Why aren't the other tanks models updated to make all side skirts, logs, spare parts, etc also spaced armor?

Also, what's the ETA on getting an optional Setting to change Merc names to something less off putting (like the TANK thing could display as HWK/WZ-131)  and an alternative Historical Setting so players that choose so don't have to look at the ACME rockets on a tank if they play (maybe even removing them with a replacement tank model being put in game)

Some people claim Ensk should be tier restricted.   I don't believe their lies. 

Imagine if this forum had only players who actually win more than lose trying to tell others how to play. Would be the best forum ever. Instead, we have a bunch of bad advice from players who lose more often than not trying to tell their betters how to play their tanks.

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users