Jump to content


Game after 4.7 causes the Xbox One X to shutdown or freeze.


  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Three 60 Mafia #1 Posted 04 November 2018 - 02:29 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 7381 battles
  • 493
  • [RDDT]
  • Member since:
    07-12-2015

After 4.7, game seems to be freezing every other day and what is worse, it crashes the Xbox to the point of full shutdown. 

 

I don't have the resume mode so it is not a suspend issue. 

 

I made a video of this happening. 

 

 

After it crashes, the game starts up normally. 


Edited by Three 60 Mafia, 04 November 2018 - 03:13 PM.

Official Chrysler K Salesman (Owner of 2 Chrysler K Tanks) - HMH Chrysler K - 3 MoE | Chrysler K - 3 MoE
My YouTube Channel - http://gaming.youtube.com/three60mafia 


MaxChaos24 #2 Posted 05 November 2018 - 01:45 PM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 11969 battles
  • 18,191
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View PostThree 60 Mafia, on 04 November 2018 - 10:29 AM, said:

After 4.7, game seems to be freezing every other day and what is worse, it crashes the Xbox to the point of full shutdown. 

 

I don't have the resume mode so it is not a suspend issue. 

 

I made a video of this happening. 

 

 

After it crashes, the game starts up normally. 

 

Hello, we can see you generated a report in our system. Unfortunately it has a note from MS saying that the error you are hitting is caused by a poor network connection. I'm not sure what your connection is like, but would recommend troubleshooting around that area.

dreampage #3 Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:05 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 812 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    08-23-2013

Hello,

We have the same problem here. Upon loading World of Tanks, about 50% of the time it completely shuts down the console. It has to be a bug because prior to one of the latest updates this never happened. Xbox One X console, 1000 Mbit/s internet connection. No other games produce such problems.

 



Capn Ratchet45 #4 Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:49 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 17441 battles
  • 740
  • Member since:
    09-05-2015

View Postdreampage, on 09 November 2018 - 05:05 PM, said:

Hello,

We have the same problem here. Upon loading World of Tanks, about 50% of the time it completely shuts down the console. It has to be a bug because prior to one of the latest updates this never happened. Xbox One X console, 1000 Mbit/s internet connection. No other games produce such problems.

 

make sure when you are done playing you push "start" on the wot icon, you will see a menu list, at the bottom there should be a "quit" option, make sure that you QUIT the game when you are finished.

  If you let it idle away in background to close itself it does funny things. When you start up Xbox for the first time, before you open wot do the same, hit start on the icon instead of opening it up like you normally would, IF there is an option to "quit" at the bottom, then it more than likely timed out without closing properly. If you click quit, give it a sec and reload the game it should work properly without the forced shut down!

  In short, ALWAYS hit start on wot icon, "quit" the game if you are not playing, switching games, apps etc. I hope this helps, has worked for me and several others...GOOD LUCK, let us know if its working out (for others sake I don't want to be giving advice if it isn't working!!!)



dreampage #5 Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:35 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 812 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    08-23-2013

View PostCapn Ratchet45, on 09 November 2018 - 05:49 PM, said:

make sure when you are done playing you push "start" on the wot icon, you will see a menu list, at the bottom there should be a "quit" option, make sure that you QUIT the game when you are finished.

  If you let it idle away in background to close itself it does funny things. When you start up Xbox for the first time, before you open wot do the same, hit start on the icon instead of opening it up like you normally would, IF there is an option to "quit" at the bottom, then it more than likely timed out without closing properly. If you click quit, give it a sec and reload the game it should work properly without the forced shut down!

  In short, ALWAYS hit start on wot icon, "quit" the game if you are not playing, switching games, apps etc. I hope this helps, has worked for me and several others...GOOD LUCK, let us know if its working out (for others sake I don't want to be giving advice if it isn't working!!!)

 

This problem occurs even when the console has just been turned on. We never let games or apps run in the background as we always Quit them when we exit them. Also, when turning on the console (cold boot, we don't use "Instant-on" mode here), nothing is running. Yet launching World of Tanks can completely shut down the console immediately, just as you see on the video above.

dreampage #6 Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:40 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 812 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    08-23-2013

Also, in this Reddit thread you can read that several players have similar problems, on Xbox One S as well: https://www.reddit.c...and_shuts_down/

 

It doesn't seem like a unique bug.



MaxChaos24 #7 Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:47 PM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 11969 battles
  • 18,191
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View Postdreampage, on 09 November 2018 - 12:05 PM, said:

Hello,

We have the same problem here. Upon loading World of Tanks, about 50% of the time it completely shuts down the console. It has to be a bug because prior to one of the latest updates this never happened. Xbox One X console, 1000 Mbit/s internet connection. No other games produce such problems.

 

 

Hello, we don't see any crashes with your Gamertag. Last thing with your Gamertag was an error back on Feb, 2014 on an Xbox 360. 

MaxChaos24 #8 Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:49 PM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 11969 battles
  • 18,191
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View Postdreampage, on 09 November 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

Also, in this Reddit thread you can read that several players have similar problems, on Xbox One S as well: https://www.reddit.c...and_shuts_down/

 

It doesn't seem like a unique bug.

 

The Xbox has a known MS issue with the Suspend/Resume system. That sounds like what those players in that thread are describing. This is Console related and not game specific. 

dreampage #9 Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:55 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 812 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    08-23-2013

View PostMaxChaos24, on 09 November 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

 

Hello, we don't see any crashes with your Gamertag. Last thing with your Gamertag was an error back on Feb, 2014 on an Xbox 360. 

 

It is because the error happens with my brother, I'm writing on his behalf as he's not as good at English. His Xbox gamertag is Feco HUN please check it if you can. Thank you. As for the suspend/resume issue I can't comment on that. This shut down bug occurs even after turning the console on and launching the game after cold boot. We don't use the Instant-on or the background running / app switching feature.

Edited by dreampage, 09 November 2018 - 06:56 PM.


real FUGAR #10 Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:58 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 19920 battles
  • 1,502
  • [OTO]
  • Member since:
    09-09-2013
and i see wot brainfreeze whenever i try to browse in the garage and a wreck returns from battle.

My eternity is longer than Yours _ Make boosters selectable consumables after battle, rather than a RNG MM wager _ The tallest ones confirm: MM is not broken, its ADVANCED

WoT WoT   oTo (put nuts and bolt logo in here) 

http://xboxdvr.com/g.../video/37825507


MaxChaos24 #11 Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:01 PM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 11969 battles
  • 18,191
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View Postdreampage, on 09 November 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

 

It is because the error happens with my brother, I'm writing on his behalf as he's not as good at English. His Xbox gamertag is Feco HUN please check it if you can. Thank you. As for the suspend/resume issue I can't comment on that. This shut down bug occurs even after turning the console on and launching the game after cold boot. We don't use the Instant-on or the background running / app switching feature.

 

Thanks, I see something for that account, looks unrelated to the OP of the thread and the Reddit thread. It's sitting on our engineers to take a look at it right now. :honoring:

real FUGAR #12 Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:01 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 19920 battles
  • 1,502
  • [OTO]
  • Member since:
    09-09-2013

View Postdreampage, on 09 November 2018 - 05:05 PM, said:

Hello,

We have the same problem here. Upon loading World of Tanks, about 50% of the time it completely shuts down the console. It has to be a bug because prior to one of the latest updates this never happened. Xbox One X console, 1000 Mbit/s internet connection. No other games produce such problems.

 

 

This Ones special:trollface:  At least its not a Certridge that could break or rustout.

My eternity is longer than Yours _ Make boosters selectable consumables after battle, rather than a RNG MM wager _ The tallest ones confirm: MM is not broken, its ADVANCED

WoT WoT   oTo (put nuts and bolt logo in here) 

http://xboxdvr.com/g.../video/37825507


Capn Ratchet45 #13 Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:45 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 17441 battles
  • 740
  • Member since:
    09-05-2015

View Postdreampage, on 09 November 2018 - 06:35 PM, said:

 

This problem occurs even when the console has just been turned on. We never let games or apps run in the background as we always Quit them when we exit them. Also, when turning on the console (cold boot, we don't use "Instant-on" mode here), nothing is running. Yet launching World of Tanks can completely shut down the console immediately, just as you see on the video above.

yup, even turning off console doesn't fix issue, this timed out type glitch will still happen, just make sure there is no option to quit b4 attempting to load game, I'm outta ideas otherwise, good luck, sorry if the suggestion didn't work!



Three 60 Mafia #14 Posted 10 November 2018 - 04:33 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 7381 battles
  • 493
  • [RDDT]
  • Member since:
    07-12-2015

View PostMaxChaos24, on 05 November 2018 - 08:45 AM, said:

 

Hello, we can see you generated a report in our system. Unfortunately it has a note from MS saying that the error you are hitting is caused by a poor network connection. I'm not sure what your connection is like, but would recommend troubleshooting around that area.

 

Reeeally my internet of 100 down and 20 up is causing my xbox to turn off ONLY when playing YOUR game? 

 

Only World of Tanks causes my Xbox to shut down. Not to mention that it crashes so hard that it forgets all wireless controllers and I have to manually re-sync a controller next time I turn it on. 

 

I also do not use Suspend feature. 

 

This was never an issue until 4.7. 

 

Now the game crashes my xbox every time on first attempt to start it. Then it loads fine.


Edited by Three 60 Mafia, 10 November 2018 - 04:34 PM.

Official Chrysler K Salesman (Owner of 2 Chrysler K Tanks) - HMH Chrysler K - 3 MoE | Chrysler K - 3 MoE
My YouTube Channel - http://gaming.youtube.com/three60mafia 


ii Am The Ping #15 Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:02 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 15870 battles
  • 7
  • [ENG]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

I too am having this problem. This has also started happening after one of the recent updates. It gets to the video stage and crashes after every update or micro update. 

 

The video has loaded fine on prior iterations of the versions but after one of the most recent ones it seems to be a 50/50 chance of it loading or crashing the console. As other tankers have said, this issue only affects this game and all other apps and games are unaffected. I've tested video apps, browsing apps, games bought digitally, games on a physical disc and all sorts of other media and this issue still only affects tanks.

 

My internet stats are all behaving as usual and other devices in my home are not experience any internet peculiarities either. Wargaming please look into this as its concerning how many times this bricks my Xbox. 



ii Am The Ping #16 Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:10 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 15870 battles
  • 7
  • [ENG]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostMaxChaos24, on 05 November 2018 - 01:45 PM, said:

 

Hello, we can see you generated a report in our system. Unfortunately it has a note from MS saying that the error you are hitting is caused by a poor network connection. I'm not sure what your connection is like, but would recommend troubleshooting around that area.

I too am having this problem. This has also started happening after one of the recent updates. It gets to the video stage and crashes after every update or micro update. 

 

The video has loaded fine on prior iterations of the versions but after one of the most recent ones it seems to be a 50/50 chance of it loading or crashing the console. As other tankers have said, this issue only affects this game and all other apps and games are unaffected. I've tested video apps, browsing apps, games bought digitally, games on a physical disc and all sorts of other media and this issue still only affects tanks.

 

My internet stats are all behaving as usual and other devices in my home are not experience any internet peculiarities either. Wargaming please look into this as its concerning how many times this bricks my Xbox. Failing that, could you check my gamertag Max for crash logs?



Tanker Mot 21 #17 Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:25 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 30713 battles
  • 19
  • [DMFR]
  • Member since:
    04-11-2015
I thought I might chime in here also. Ever since 4.7 my W O T crashes quite frequently in the middle of the game. Check my crash log and you will see. No fun playing! I have a xbox1x. Please check this out because thankfully others are having this issue along with myself. I don't post often however this issue needs attention. It might even affect aiming, driving, etc.  Your game is most frustrating at the moment. Thanks TM

Guyabsher #18 Posted 10 November 2018 - 11:49 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 6250 battles
  • 14
  • Member since:
    02-24-2017
IF YOU ALL BOUGHT A PLAYSTATION YOU WOULD BE FINE...:D

Freezevortex #19 Posted 11 November 2018 - 02:38 AM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 2458 battles
  • 33
  • [STRV]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013
Im having the same problem with My Xbox One X. It only happens in WoT too.. Complete console shutdown. Ive uninstalled the game untill this is fixed because im worried about it damaging my console

Symbiot911 #20 Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:30 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 32243 battles
  • 1,000
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014

View PostThree 60 Mafia, on 05 November 2018 - 12:29 AM, said:

After 4.7, game seems to be freezing every other day and what is worse, it crashes the Xbox to the point of full shutdown. 

 

I don't have the resume mode so it is not a suspend issue. 

 

I made a video of this happening. 

 

 

After it crashes, the game starts up normally. 

 

I feel for you. Glad I've never had that problem with my XbonerX

 






2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users