• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

putinondafoil #21 Posted 06 November 2018 - 07:14 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 70348 battles
  • [SNAFU]

View PostBig Daddy Fried, on 05 November 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

I have 3 at the moment. Burned all my crew XP boosters to at least have Sixth Sense, BIA, and camo. I'm working on Situational Awareness to try to counter the horrible view range of the Czechs.

I have never used a crew with less than 5 skills/perks in a tier 7 or above. Anything less means you are playing at a disadvantage. Take some time to train crews after eliting a tank instead of jumping to the next one in the line.

You can wish in one hand and crap in the other. See which fills up first. :playing:

FinlandRed #22 Posted 06 November 2018 - 11:03 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 19914 battles

View PostxXlAmbitionzlXx, on 06 November 2018 - 01:57 AM, said:

At 36k its hard to improve win8 but the system sucks so dont worry about it. The best way to get good is to have fun. Play tanks you enjoy playing and relax. Maybe watch a guide or 2 and revise game core mechanics once in a blue moon and try see things from different perspectives. :) 

Are you playing again mate?

XT356 #23 Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:37 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 7249 battles
  • [SCRBS]
Out of 11 matches on the vk100p, I have only won 2.

"I will eat your unhappiness"

"Time... line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!"

"I hope you brought you wallet...cuz the rent in HELL gets paying in advance!"

xXlAmbitionzlXx #24 Posted 07 November 2018 - 03:03 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23937 battles
@finland red. Somewhat. Playing the 183, 4005 and Obj 261 

DA Derpington #25 Posted 07 November 2018 - 03:09 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8429 battles
  • [CNUT]

Personally, and this comes from only three months playing lol, I'd never free xp through tank packages, with the exception of tier 1-3 tanks. This is because imo, you get to know the tank intimately by playing each package until you have the next one. This not only informs you how to play the tank, but how to kill it too. Probably sounds both tedious and obvious, but that's just how I like to do it, no matter how frustrating some packages can be.

JatemKaa #26 Posted 07 November 2018 - 04:03 AM

Major

• Players
  • 61147 battles
When all else fails, slap binos and camo net on it and play it as a sniper.

BeyondFlamenco #27 Posted 07 November 2018 - 05:07 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21815 battles
  • [SRT]

Use food, Vents/Optics/Rammer and BIA to improve the gun handling and don't be afraid to fire HEAT against tier 8/9 tanks. I had the tank pre-nerf and very much enjoyed it but I cannot say how it performs now. It was definitely better than the tier 5 or 8. The 8 is actually the worst tank in the whole line so be prepared.

EDIT: I just looked at the patch notes again and it really did not change much.

Edited by BeyondFlamenco, 07 November 2018 - 05:10 AM.

BeyondFlamenco #28 Posted 07 November 2018 - 05:44 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21815 battles
  • [SRT]

View PostBig Daddy Fried, on 05 November 2018 - 11:11 PM, said:

I have 3 at the moment. Burned all my crew XP boosters to at least have Sixth Sense, BIA, and camo. I'm working on Situational Awareness to try to counter the horrible view range of the Czechs.

Switch Camo to Repairs because none of them are good at hiding nor sniping. Training SA is a good idea because you can boost your view range past the 445m mark with optics, food and BIA but I would switch that to something that improves gun handling once you unlock the last turret of the tier 9 tank. The fully upgraded 9 and 10 have exceptional view range and benefit more from skills that improve gun handling, mobility or reduce module damge (Safe Stowage especially).

View PostDA Derpington, on 07 November 2018 - 04:09 AM, said:

Personally, and this comes from only three months playing lol, I'd never free xp through tank packages, with the exception of tier 1-3 tanks. This is because imo, you get to know the tank intimately by playing each package until you have the next one. This not only informs you how to play the tank, but how to kill it too. Probably sounds both tedious and obvious, but that's just how I like to do it, no matter how frustrating some packages can be.

This is the worst way to do it. There is no merit in playing stock tanks and you should always free xp to the first decent package (if you can afford it). That is usually the first good gun or engine. I never purchase free xp but I always save mine up to skip the worst grinds. Once a tank is fully researched you can always make it somewhat work but the rule is that a bad tank will always have a much worse stock grind and you should never judge a tank that is not fully upgraded because they are simply not the same. Keep in mind that I'm mostly referring to higher tier tanks (8 and 9 mostly) because lower tier grinds are much shorter. Some players never finish a line because they come to hate a tank that is not yet fully upgraded.

I just looked up your grind progress and so far you have mostly played heavy tanks which are much more forgiving than medium or light tanks when stock. Especially the Japanese heavies are super chill up to tier 9 because the gun and the engine stays the same but once you reach the 9 then you will also struggle with the grind (doesn't help that the tank is garbage, I sold mine).

View PostJatemKaa, on 07 November 2018 - 05:03 AM, said:

When all else fails, slap binos and camo net on it and play it as a sniper.

Very bad advice, never do this. Sniping is a meme and none of the Czech tanks have accurate guns or remotely enough camouflage to stay hidden to even consider this. 

Edited by BeyondFlamenco, 07 November 2018 - 05:46 AM.

MPC 2117 #29 Posted 07 November 2018 - 07:12 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17441 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostBeyondFlamenco, on 06 November 2018 - 11:44 PM, said:

Sniping is a meme 

...no...

...it really isn't...

WE​ NEED MORE STUGS IN World of WhatisBalance...

BeyondFlamenco #30 Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:34 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21815 battles
  • [SRT]

View PostMPC 2117, on 07 November 2018 - 08:12 PM, said:

Of course it is. Sniping means being unspotted which is already hard to do for 90% of the tanks, rng makes it impossible to reliably snipe at weakspots, many maps don't allow sniping and don't forget that our maps are missing a lot of bushes that pc has .

It only works against tanks with no armor. Spamming HEAT at an E 100 turret is easy at 400+ meters but try hitting an E5's cupola. That is the point where every sensible player will cease his sniping activities and move closer. That is why every TD that has good armor and/or a turret is much better than the other TDs because they are much more flexible.

I'm not saying never snipe. All I'm saying is that sniping should never be your main strategy but merely an option for everything save TDs.  If you can take a shot, then take it but don't sit behind your team for the whole game trying to shoot at hull down tanks especially when top tier. If you can't pen anything then make a play that allows you to pen something and that usually involves being spotted and getting closer.

Edited by BeyondFlamenco, 07 November 2018 - 08:36 PM.

Destraag #31 Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:59 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 38309 battles

I really enjoyed the czech tanks until tier 8... tier 8 is in my opinion the worst tank in the game. 'from what I recall' full upgraded it is - Huge, no armor, no gun depression, no camo, no dpm, no accuracy. no redeeming features except maybe it is a pleasant looking tank. In my mind it is at best a challenge tank. 

Odd to see so many dislike the tier 7 though... 

View PostBeyondFlamenco, on 07 November 2018 - 12:07 AM, said:

Use food, Vents/Optics/Rammer and BIA to improve the gun handling and don't be afraid to fire HEAT against tier 8/9 tanks. I had the tank pre-nerf and very much enjoyed it but I cannot say how it performs now. It was definitely better than the tier 5 or 8. The 8 is actually the worst tank in the whole line so be prepared.

EDIT: I just looked at the patch notes again and it really did not change much.

this looks like good advice, though I don't recall if I used food.

When a person resorts to attacking the other person rather than focusing on the issue (aka argumentum ad hominem), it becomes pretty clear they have nothing else to contribute and are wrong.

BeyondFlamenco #32 Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:33 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21815 battles
  • [SRT]

View PostDestraag, on 07 November 2018 - 09:59 PM, said:

I really enjoyed the czech tanks until tier 8... tier 8 is in my opinion the worst tank in the game. 'from what I recall' full upgraded it is - Huge, no armor, no gun depression, no camo, no dpm, no accuracy. no redeeming features except maybe it is a pleasant looking tank. In my mind it is at best a challenge tank. 

I also hated it. Mainly for the atrocious combo of no gun depression and no armor. If they were to buff the GD it would be much better. 

Also tagged with Czech, Win Rate

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users