Update Details - November 6th 2018

sever notes downtime

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

Screeched in #61 Posted 06 November 2018 - 11:50 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33103 battles

Rai you never did respond with information on why all new tanks are nerfed before entering the game. Not minor nerds to 1 thing either but all aspects of the tanks

Ragerunner78 #62 Posted 07 November 2018 - 01:00 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 8691 battles
  • [KAPPA]

View PostPit Friend, on 06 November 2018 - 01:21 PM, said:

If exposed bones are a problem many of the Merc tanks are going to need updates. The Turtle has a skull by each headlight. 

Don't forget the skull and bones on the front of the Slapjack.

Corvette3 #63 Posted 07 November 2018 - 02:14 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 4695 battles
  • [DPZS]
Cant you just make them not show up if you are loading from China? i'm not sure but it sounds doable... or give them their own server if they want to play so much...

BigPurpleRabbit #64 Posted 07 November 2018 - 02:45 AM

Private

• Players
  • 5162 battles
Skulls are culturally inappropriate but driving around war machines killing people is? The excuse is lame. Gimme my skulls back or refund my tank.

BrogueOne #65 Posted 07 November 2018 - 05:30 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 20227 battles
  • [ELDER]
I’m personally nonplussed about the removal of the skulls.... meaning it doesn’t really bother me because I get why it was done.  But I have to agree that now it doesn’t look right without such a distinctive feature hanging off the barrel anymore..... and I can’t say that I like the replacement.  I think the Design team would’ve done better by at least leaving *something* hanging from the barrel instead of removing it altogether.

KY PRO 2008 #66 Posted 07 November 2018 - 05:33 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 39032 battles
Fix the gun sounds.   it sounds like a swarm of mosquitos

ninjachick25 #67 Posted 07 November 2018 - 05:56 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26791 battles
  • [12PZR]

View PostRaiBOT01, on 06 November 2018 - 02:31 PM, said:

Tankers,

We understand the revised aesthetics of this tank are not what you originally purchased. While we do not typically offer refunds, please reach out to our customer support team regarding your concerns and they will review each request on a case by case basis.

Thanks and roll out!

what about people who earned this tank? what are the option? 

I guess I'll try to send a ticket

Izeldar #68 Posted 07 November 2018 - 06:00 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7922 battles
Hi Rai, how it happened. Release the production tank: First - without the sound of gunfire; Secondly, camouflage nanoatsya not true, and all. They completely hide the pattern on the tank, i.e. lie on top of it?

atwilliams07 #69 Posted 07 November 2018 - 06:56 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 20587 battles

Putting aside the de-skulled hollenhund, the gun sounds and the nerfs/buffs in 4.6, there is a theme here of unpleasant surprises to the community which I think you need to consider.  A key question should be how can you prepare, test and involve the community to reduce “feedback” (aka the backlash) you have received from these changes?

Here are some ideas:

For changes which are not game balance related, such as the hollenhund skulls and the HuD changes, why not post some artwork / options in the forums and run a poll for a week to take genuine feedback? 

For changes which impact game play or balance, why doesn’t WOT Console have a test server like PC does?  You have the option of selecting a server at startup, so seems you have the capability to do this?  You would then release proposed tank and balance changes to the test server for the community to play with and again take geniune feedback.

This doesn’t mean you have to listen to all of the feedback, but at least the player base will feel somewhat involved, rather than being dumped a constant stream of surprises.

KilledByPing #70 Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:03 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11531 battles
  • [H8]

Guys, WG already said they willing to offer a refund to these who dont like the change with Hollehund a few pages before. I think we can stop rant about Hollehund, Dont think they will revert it if WoT Merc. actualy going into China market.

If you want refund go to support and create a ticket.

P.S. I think many of us who decide to keep Hollehund would still be glad to see this pathetic Rubber Mask removed from the front.

But this are still to be answered. No way i am buying any of this new premium with all this unreasonable nerfs, bunch of Boosts that comes in a bundle which are STILL NOT FIXED (by making them work per WIN ONLY) and with the fact any of this tanks may appear in Earn OP just few months later.

View PostKilledByPing, on 06 November 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

P.S. So   Wojtek Pz.Kpfw. V Ausf. G is basicaly a "Pudel". Premium version of VK 30.02 M but with Nerfed Engine.

But whats the deal with Nerfed Hit points ? What was the reason for reducing Wojtek HP by 90 points compared to Pudel and VK 30.02M ?

P.P.S.  50TP prototyp never was an OP premium tank. A good one, but far from OP with it's weak side armour and big and easy to hit weak spot right in the middle of upper plate and commanders hatch.

Still you nerfed it into oblivion. Even harder then Object 252u. What was the reason behind that ?

Console version  vs PC Version

View Range                  370                    380

Dispersion                    0,44                   0,40  

Aim Time                        3,2                     3,0

RoF                              3,82                    4,23  

Tank Traverse                 28                     38

And thats without looking at soft stats like ground resistance.

Thats a SERIOUS NERF BAT. You better explain why you did that.

Edited by KilledByPing, 07 November 2018 - 08:05 AM.

Sadriel Fett #71 Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:25 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 22964 battles

View PostRaiBOT01, on 06 November 2018 - 09:09 AM, said:

Tankers!!

Today's update notes focused on the following:

Tanks!

Thanks and ROLL OUT!! 

I'm curious if I change the "default" voice on the Wotjek crew to "Polish," if that's going to mess up his bear growling noise?  Also, is that the only thing the "Bear" crew does?  The only thing I've noticed him growl at, is right after I reload.  Thanks in advance.

"Prepare for battle, reach for glory, and plan for blood." ~~ The Sovereign

KilledByPing #72 Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:30 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11531 battles
  • [H8]

And what upset me even more in this update is that you reset Long Haul progress AGAIN !

It's been only 2 weeks after you reset it last time. I had aroun 60 wins already and now back to 0.

What a JOKE !

Edited by KilledByPing, 07 November 2018 - 08:30 AM.

Izeldar #73 Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:19 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7922 battles

View Postatwilliams07, on 07 November 2018 - 09:56 AM, said:

Putting aside the de-skulled hollenhund, the gun sounds and the nerfs/buffs in 4.6, there is a theme here of unpleasant surprises to the community which I think you need to consider.  A key question should be how can you prepare, test and involve the community to reduce “feedback” (aka the backlash) you have received from these changes?

Here are some ideas:

For changes which are not game balance related, such as the hollenhund skulls and the HuD changes, why not post some artwork / options in the forums and run a poll for a week to take genuine feedback? 

For changes which impact game play or balance, why doesn’t WOT Console have a test server like PC does?  You have the option of selecting a server at startup, so seems you have the capability to do this?  You would then release proposed tank and balance changes to the test server for the community to play with and again take geniune feedback.

This doesn’t mean you have to listen to all of the feedback, but at least the player base will feel somewhat involved, rather than being dumped a constant stream of surprises.

I agree, there is no need to collect feedback from various sources. Create a test server, collect a team of players who want to test the product. Collect feedback and output to production the finished patch, tank. I think the idea of a test server is very appropriate.

TheKitsuneFox #74 Posted 07 November 2018 - 12:39 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23202 battles
  • [W0TFR]

View PostSadriel Fett, on 07 November 2018 - 08:25 AM, said:

I'm curious if I change the "default" voice on the Wotjek crew to "Polish," if that's going to mess up his bear growling noise?  Also, is that the only thing the "Bear" crew does?  The only thing I've noticed him growl at, is right after I reload.  Thanks in advance.

You can change to polish, it'll still growl (done it) it does growl on many occasions but yes the one you hear most is when the crew finished reloading. 

Reaper_-218- #75 Posted 07 November 2018 - 01:32 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17515 battles

Since “I” wasn’t consulted in removing the skulls from “MY” tank, can you remove that ridiculous, childish, red mask from the front of the Hollenhund???

I live on a isolated island in the Pacific, that are “culturally offended” by STUPID RED MASKS!!!

The swapping out of the skulls for this red piece of rubbish is insulting to those of us that have bought this tank for it’s looks.

It looks better WITHOUT the red thing.

Throw this, where you threw my skulls,

Ronin Gaidin #76 Posted 07 November 2018 - 02:12 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30560 battles

View PostKilledByPing, on 07 November 2018 - 03:30 AM, said:

And what upset me even more in this update is that you reset Long Haul progress AGAIN !

It's been only 2 weeks after you reset it last time. I had aroun 60 wins already and now back to 0.

What a JOKE !

The Long Haul Op has always been set up to reset every 7 days. This has been known since the beginning. Note the time remaining showing on the Op the whole time. It may be a little tough to get depending on how much you play (need to average almost 11 wins per day), but there is nothing to be upset about. 

It's also right in the news item : 

you'll be able to win a random War Chest after every 75 victories (available twice per week determined by server restarts).

https://console.worl...news/war-chests

GnarlyFocus #77 Posted 07 November 2018 - 02:20 PM

Private

• Players
  • 11567 battles

Yeah well i paid for the tank with skulls no a stupid terrible lookin mutt wraith isn't so bad but the hund is really bad have some respect for the people who actually paid real money for pixels 

Panzerfahrer1976 #78 Posted 07 November 2018 - 02:29 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14553 battles
  • [ASHES]

Hi,

what does the new Update 1.37 (900MB PS4) today now? Is this the Update File from Yesterday but it arrived us today?

Edited by Panzerfahrer1976, 07 November 2018 - 02:58 PM.

x-SNOW-z #79 Posted 07 November 2018 - 04:55 PM

Private

• Players
  • 14699 battles
  • [HOB]
Hi ive asked this few times with little to no response would prefer if the answer was from dev and says yes or no not ramble on with no clear answer sorry :/ anywho question is 
A. will the edelweiss/thenamless ever make appearance again yes or no or it will just it at future if no what so ever please remove it then from the premium tech tree as im tired of waiting for its appearance vv
B. will the BT-42 ever be added either as german premium or as mercenary tank  
i enjoy playing this game with friends but with little response im slowly stopping as theres not much that makes me wanting to come back, would be happy with just a simple straight answer :/
anyway thank you an panzor vor

Edited by x-SNOW-z, 07 November 2018 - 05:07 PM.

BrogueOne #80 Posted 07 November 2018 - 05:29 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 20227 battles
  • [ELDER]

View Postx-SNOW-z, on 07 November 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

Hi ive asked this few times with little to no response would prefer if the answer was from dev and says yes or no not ramble on with no clear answer sorry :/ anywho question is 
A. will the edelweiss/thenamless ever make appearance again yes or no or it will just it at future if no what so ever please remove it then from the premium tech tree as im tired of waiting for its appearance vv
B. will the BT-42 ever be added either as german premium or as mercenary tank  
i enjoy playing this game with friends but with little response im slowly stopping as theres not much that makes me wanting to come back, would be happy with just a simple straight answer :/
anyway thank you an panzor vor

There’s a thread for players to submit questions for the Dev team to answer here: http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/223487-battle-hero-qa-submissions/page__pid__4591522__st__20#entry4591522

Thats your next chance to get your question answered.

Also tagged with sever, notes, downtime

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users