Extra Crew Crew Training

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Pontiac Pat #1 Posted 07 November 2018 - 07:18 AM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 26144 battles
  • [47R]
The extra Wojtek crews are 100%, but have no tank to occupy.  They get put into the garage.  Do they receive their first tank assignment for free?  If we put them in one of the premium tanks will that count as the first tank assignment?  Basically, I'm trying to figure out whether I'll be able to train them now and still put them into the tech tree tanks when they become available without having to pay to keep them 100%.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

Red Dough Boy #2 Posted 07 November 2018 - 07:26 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 27761 battles
  • [_POI_]

Since premiums are free they should be able to fit in another tank for free but I'm not sure.

Besides I'd save them for tier 3, 4, or 5 just in case because it's not worth paying to train a crew when you'll only play a tank a few times.

If I only had a Baneblade....

Sadriel Fett #3 Posted 07 November 2018 - 07:47 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 28386 battles
  • [DARMY]
I'm curious if I change the "default" voice on the Wotjek crew to "Polish," if that's going to mess up his bear growling noise?  Also, is that the only thing the "Bear" crew does?  The only thing I've noticed him growl at, is right after I reload.  Thanks in advance.

~ "This game would be great, if it wasn't for our teammates." ~

~ There's no such thing as Arty Safe. You have to play Arty Aware. You have to play SmArty. ~

MASHMAN 90 #4 Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:25 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 37767 battles

View PostPontiac Pat, on 07 November 2018 - 07:18 AM, said:

The extra Wojtek crews are 100%, but have no tank to occupy.  They get put into the garage.  Do they receive their first tank assignment for free?  If we put them in one of the premium tanks will that count as the first tank assignment?  Basically, I'm trying to figure out whether I'll be able to train them now and still put them into the tech tree tanks when they become available without having to pay to keep them 100%.

Not sure but my guess would be one free tech tree tank move, crews can move between premiums for free with no penalty (but you know that :))

View PostSadriel Fett, on 07 November 2018 - 07:47 AM, said:

I'm curious if I change the "default" voice on Wotjek to "Polish," if that's going to mess up his bear growling noise?  Also, is that the only thing the "Bear" crew does?  The only thing I've noticed him growl at, is right after I reload.  Thanks in advance.

My guess would be Yes, it works like the Rudy but Growls rather than Woof, Woof when you get spotted.

Sadriel Fett #5 Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:34 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 28386 battles
  • [DARMY]

View PostMASHMAN 90, on 07 November 2018 - 03:25 AM, said:

Not sure but my guess would be one free tech tree tank move, crews can move between premiums for free with no penalty (but you know that :))

My guess would be Yes, it works like the Rudy but Growls rather than Woof, Woof when you get spotted.

On the Rudy, though, the "woof" is tied to the crew picture.  I've changed the voice on that one to Polish and the dog still barks when you get spotted.  I'm hoping it's something similar here, but I want to make sure before I commit to it and end up screwing it up.  Know what I mean?

~ There's no such thing as Arty Safe. You have to play Arty Aware. You have to play SmArty. ~

MASHMAN 90 #6 Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:36 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 37767 battles

View PostSadriel Fett, on 07 November 2018 - 08:34 AM, said:

On the Rudy, though, the "woof" is tied to the crew picture.  I've changed the voice on that one to Polish and the dog still barks when you get spotted.  I'm hoping it's something similar here, but I want to make sure before I commit to it and end up screwing it up.  Know what I mean?

Yep, know exactly what you mean :)

R3B3L R4NG3R #7 Posted 07 November 2018 - 10:34 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 28942 battles

View PostSadriel Fett, on 07 November 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

I'm curious if I change the "default" voice on the Wotjek crew to "Polish," if that's going to mess up his bear growling noise?  Also, is that the only thing the "Bear" crew does?  The only thing I've noticed him growl at, is right after I reload.  Thanks in advance.

I have personally changed the “default” voice on the Wotjek crew to “Polish” and can assure you that the bear still growls. :honoring:

BrogueOne #8 Posted 07 November 2018 - 02:11 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 23587 battles
  • [ELDER]
Wojtek gets a free reassign since the only tanks he can currently inhabit are premium tanks.  Just go select him from the Crew Reel, hit reassign and pop him into a tank.  Not sure if he’ll be free to reassign when the TT shows up though.

Someone else in another thread addressed the growl(and in this thread too) that it’s tied to the portrait.  Change the name, change the voice, DON’T change the picture.

Ronin Gaidin #9 Posted 07 November 2018 - 04:22 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 36450 battles

View PostBrogueOne, on 07 November 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

Wojtek gets a free reassign since the only tanks he can currently inhabit are premium tanks. Just go select him from the Crew Reel, hit reassign and pop him into a tank. Not sure if he’ll be free to reassign when the TT shows up though.

Someone else in another thread addressed the growl(and in this thread too) that it’s tied to the portrait. Change the name, change the voice, DON’T change the picture.

Changing the picture would be crazy. I mean, c'mon, BEAR. :teethhappy:           And I really like the growl when I'm reloaded.

And it is nice to know that I can change the name of the second Wojtek without losing all the Bear-ness. Will have to think of another name for the second crew, so that they can be easily differentiated. Crews with the same name could lead to errors moving them around. 

Tempest fox3 #10 Posted 07 November 2018 - 04:26 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 21277 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostRonin Gaidin, on 07 November 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

Changing the picture would be crazy. I mean, c'mon, BEAR. :teethhappy:           And I really like the growl when I'm reloaded.

And it is nice to know that I can change the name of the second Wojtek without losing all the Bear-ness. Will have to think of another name for the second crew, so that they can be easily differentiated. Crews with the same name could lead to errors moving them around. 

If it's like the Rudy, the unique sound effect is tied to the crew picture. If you change the picture you'll lose it.

Edit: nvm, didn't read above. Someone else already mentioned it.

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25, Boilermaker- In order obtained

Spoiler

Sadriel Fett #11 Posted 07 November 2018 - 05:33 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 28386 battles
  • [DARMY]

View PostT4CT1C4L T4RG3T, on 07 November 2018 - 05:34 AM, said:

I have personally changed the “default” voice on the Wotjek crew to “Polish” and can assure you that the bear still growls. :honoring:

I can dig it.  Thanks, mate!

donny007-THX #12 Posted 07 November 2018 - 06:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22949 battles
So the owners of each of these new tanks can use a human crew or a bear?  Not just a guy named bear but a big furry bear.....does it come with the I am always hungry perk?
When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, you said, the man with a pistol's a dead man. Let's see if that's true. Go ahead, load up and shoot.

Hypocrite #13 Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:44 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 31635 battles
  • [BUNNY]

View Postdonny007-THX, on 07 November 2018 - 12:04 PM, said:

So the owners of each of these new tanks can use a human crew or a bear?  Not just a guy named bear but a big furry bear.....does it come with the I am always hungry perk?

5% Chance that he mauls a crew member every 90 seconds

"you've made your fanboy status and unwillingness to admit anything other than Sony sucks and Microsoft are gods clear do you have any actual point beyond that though"

Yes-Man Wargaming Shill-Bot Since 2014

donny007-THX #14 Posted 07 November 2018 - 10:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22949 battles

View PostHypocrite, on 07 November 2018 - 01:44 PM, said:

I actually laughed at this one.  Can imagine being in that crew compartment with that Polish Grizzley......a right followed by a left, Griz lands an uppercut and the Captain has lost his head!
When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, you said, the man with a pistol's a dead man. Let's see if that's true. Go ahead, load up and shoot.

Pit Friend #15 Posted 07 November 2018 - 11:52 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33983 battles
  • [PTATO]

View PostHypocrite, on 07 November 2018 - 04:44 PM, said:

:trollface:

When the nice guy loses his patience the devil shivers. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users