Boilermaker's aim time question...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Rarefication #1 Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:56 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 17888 battles
  • [RATT]
So, the aiming time on the Boilermaker is 2.1. Now, if I am already running vents and a crew with the Snakebite perk, snap shot, and smooth ride skills, will I really notice a huge difference if I run vertical stabs or not? 

Tempest fox3 #2 Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:00 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18464 battles

View PostRarefication, on 08 November 2018 - 08:56 PM, said:

So, the aiming time on the Boilermaker is 2.1. Now, if I am already running vents and a crew with the Snakebite perk, snap shot, and smooth ride skills, will I really notice a huge difference if I run vertical stabs or not? 

General rule of thumb, if your tank can mount vert stabs, you mount vert stabs.

But yes, there will be a noticeable difference.

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained

Rarefication #3 Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:02 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 17888 battles
  • [RATT]

View PostTempest fox3, on 08 November 2018 - 05:00 PM, said:

Ok, will do. This was the first time I had a crew with Snakebite with an option of adding V stabs, so I wasn't sure.

Albapfalzd3 #4 Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:00 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 15790 battles

O.K. Aim time is the amount of time it takes for your Aiming Circle to reduce by 1/3. The only equipment that reduces your aim time is GLD and Vents. Now having said that, Vertical Stabs reduces the size of your aiming circle by 20% that's all it does but in doing so your aim circle has less to shrink so gets to it's minimum size quicker. As for skills, BiA effects Aim Time and Snake Bite reduces dispersion (I think it does this by reducing the Aiming Circle like Vertical Stabs) while Snap Shot and Smooth Ride reduce penalties that a moving turret and hull impose on the accuracy. The best way to get your aim circle down the quickest is to use Vents, GLD and Vert Stabs while having the BiA skill and possibly Snake Bite. 

Roy

Neurotic Cell #5 Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:15 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21260 battles
  • [FLT]

View PostAlbapfalzd3, on 08 November 2018 - 05:00 PM, said:

O.K. Aim time is the amount of time it takes for your Aiming Circle to reduce by 1/3. The only equipment that reduces your aim time is GLD and Vents. Now having said that, Vertical Stabs reduces the size of your aiming circle by 20% that's all it does but in doing so your aim circle has less to shrink so gets to it's minimum size quicker. As for skills, BiA effects Aim Time and Snake Bite reduces dispersion (I think it does this by reducing the Aiming Circle like Vertical Stabs) while Snap Shot and Smooth Ride reduce penalties that a moving turret and hull impose on the accuracy. The best way to get your aim circle down the quickest is to use Vents, GLD and Vert Stabs while having the BiA skill and possibly Snake Bite. 

Roy

Reduced dispersion (Snakebite) does reduce reticle bloom, yes.

"Win or lose, naught to choose - all men are equal when their memory fades. No one knows, friends or foes, if Valhalla lies beyond the grave." - Motörhead “Deaf Forever”

Pit Friend #6 Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:24 AM

Major

• Players
  • 29722 battles
  • [PTATO]

View PostRarefication, on 08 November 2018 - 03:56 PM, said:

Can the Boilermaker mount Vert. Stabs? I thought that started at tier VII for British tanks. 

I hope to one day be wealthy enough to be considered eccentric rather than just plain nuts.  

Rarefication #7 Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:01 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 17888 battles
  • [RATT]

View PostPit Friend, on 08 November 2018 - 08:24 PM, said:

Can the Boilermaker mount Vert. Stabs? I thought that started at tier VII for British tanks. 

Yes, I was going through the equip listed and I am sure V Stabs was included. So, I got on here and mentioned all the equip and perks/skills my commander has already to see if V Stabs was still as vital. 

John-berg1995 #8 Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:32 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 10306 battles
  • [CIA]

View PostTempest fox3, on 08 November 2018 - 09:00 PM, said:

But not always. I almost never mount them on heavies. At the least the Russian ones. 

As far as im aware it only effects accuracy during turret rotation so it's pretty much useless on anything that stoping and aiming with long aim time. unless people like firing on the move in is-7s in that case it's viable I guess. 

Really strong on lights and mediums. 

Pit Friend #9 Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:48 AM

Major

• Players
  • 29722 battles
  • [PTATO]

View PostJohn-berg1995, on 08 November 2018 - 10:32 PM, said:

But not always. I almost never mount them on heavies. At the least the Russian ones. 

As far as im aware it only effects accuracy during turret rotation so it's pretty much useless on anything that stoping and aiming with long aim time. unless people like firing on the move in is-7s in that case it's viable I guess. 

Really strong on lights and mediums. 

Vertical Stabilizers start the aiming circle 20% smaller wether the tank is moving or not. Makes them very useful on anything that can mount them. 

I hope to one day be wealthy enough to be considered eccentric rather than just plain nuts.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users