Banshee Comet question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

GrooIsNoLackey #1 Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:46 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14747 battles
I received one in a war chest and am wondering what people are running on this for equipment and supplies? 

Me say NEEE #2 Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:09 PM

Captain

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 49851 battles
I run v. stab, optics, and vents on mine. And since it has the premium silver bonus I also run tea&pudding, and full apcr. Though it's still a good tank without the tea or apcr. 

Cpl Derren #3 Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:21 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21730 battles
  • [DP]

I run rammer, vert stabs, and optics, 36 AP, 25 APCR, 0 HE

As far as I know, the Banshee is identically the same as its TT counterpart, BUT! with .2 better aim time. 

"No arsenal or no weapon in the arsenals of the world is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women." - Ronald Reagan

Doctor_Who_22 #4 Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 13186 battles
  • [-WHO-]
Banshee is my favorite and best-played tank, by far. I've been consistently ranked in the top ten players across both consoles in the Banshee  so I believe I might know a little about this tank..... 

I run it with: Rammer, Vents, Coated optics.

I also use food consumable.

The reasoning is this - you want to max out rate of fire (dpm), because the alpha is a bit low (140). Max dpm is over 2,700 (3.09s reload), and the quicker your reload the faster you're putting shells on your target.

In addition, The Banshee can be a very effective scout and/or sniper and therefore maxing view range is important. 

I run mine with Large Repair Kit, 105 Octane, and Food. Even with both the octane and food (40,000 silver) I make money most games, but I wouldnt suggest that loadout unless you can consistently get at least 1,500 damage per game. Otherwise, swap octane for Large Repair kit. 

Banshee works best with an experienced crew - at least 8-10 skills. Focus on camo and vision after you have sixth sense and brothers in arms. 

The Banshee comet is a tank that is extremely versatile and can often carry a match, even when not top tier. Choose your map positioning and brawls carefully, and this tank will be an amazing addition to your garage. 

And if anyone has any specific questions or needs tips on the Banshee (or Comet), just send me a message. I'm glad to help out a fellow player.

Beware the Banshee Comet! According to Irish folklore, a Banshee is a ghost-like creature that wails (keens) to warn you of your impending death. However on the battlefield, the last screams you hear will be your own!   

NOTE - I am taking a temporary leave from playing World of Tanks due to certain family obligations. I hope to see many of you back out in battle soon!

GrooIsNoLackey #5 Posted Yesterday, 06:25 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14747 battles

View PostDoctor_Who_22, on 11 November 2018 - 08:31 PM, said:

Banshee is my favorite and best-played tank, by far. I've been consistently ranked in the top ten players across both consoles in the Banshee  so I believe I might know a little about this tank..... 

I run it with: Rammer, Vents, Coated optics.

I also use food consumable.

The reasoning is this - you want to max out rate of fire (dpm), because the alpha is a bit low (140). Max dpm is over 2,700 (3.09s reload), and the quicker your reload the faster you're putting shells on your target.

In addition, The Banshee can be a very effective scout and/or sniper and therefore maxing view range is important. 

I run mine with Large Repair Kit, 105 Octane, and Food. Even with both the octane and food (40,000 silver) I make money most games, but I wouldnt suggest that loadout unless you can consistently get at least 1,500 damage per game. Otherwise, swap octane for Large Repair kit. 

Banshee works best with an experienced crew - at least 8-10 skills. Focus on camo and vision after you have sixth sense and brothers in arms. 

The Banshee comet is a tank that is extremely versatile and can often carry a match, even when not top tier. Choose your map positioning and brawls carefully, and this tank will be an amazing addition to your garage. 

And if anyone has any specific questions or needs tips on the Banshee (or Comet), just send me a message. I'm glad to help out a fellow player.

I'll try your set up. Doubt i will run food as i'm not confident i can do 1500 damage per game. What skills/perks to run? I have a 6 skill crew i can put in it. BIA, SS and what else?

RoboTaft MkII #6 Posted Today, 12:32 AM

Private

• Players
  • 4779 battles

View PostGrooIsNoLackey, on 12 November 2018 - 01:25 PM, said:

I'll try your set up. Doubt i will run food as i'm not confident i can do 1500 damage per game. What skills/perks to run? I have a 6 skill crew i can put in it. BIA, SS and what else?

The thing to keep in mind about this tank is that it has a bonkers 60% silver bonus.  I generally run Large First Aid + Large Repair + Food as opposed to 2 x Large Repair or Large Repair + Octane + Food, but I can definitely see how the latter especially would pay off for a skilled player.

Absolutely run at least food, though.  You'll need to have a very bad game for it not to make silver.

Edited by RoboTaft MkII, Today, 12:38 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users