Keyboard or mouse for WOT?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

bevenh #1 Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:35 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27029 battles

A recent list of supported Xbox games does not show Wot of Tanks as included? What if any thing will this new feature for the Xbox do for the game. Will we be locked out because of PlayStation? What does WG say about this development? Will the keyboard and mouse ever make it into the game and if so will it become another pc version of the game. Lots of questions looking for some feedback.

Fishfood50 #2 Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:50 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 702 battles
How about you just read what everyone already said? It's even still on first page so no excuses

TocFanKe4 #3 Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:10 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18972 battles
  • [GIRLS]
I hope it never comes so that we get to keep our level playing field

I'd gladly wait an extra minute for MM balance. 

Pit Friend #4 Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:39 AM

Major

• Players
  • 30094 battles
  • [PTATO]
There are probably 360 reasons we will never get it. 

I hope to one day be wealthy enough to be considered eccentric rather than just plain nuts.  

TocFanKe4 #5 Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:46 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18972 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostPit Friend, on 12 November 2018 - 07:39 PM, said:

There are probably 360 reasons we will never get it. 

I usually think the 360 is holding the game back, but in this case it would be a good thing :P

I'd gladly wait an extra minute for MM balance. 

SteampunkPagan #6 Posted 13 November 2018 - 03:41 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 83777 battles
  • [HDC-R]

I sure hope not. The only reason I do not buy Sea of Thieves is the forced PC play & the huge advantage keyboard & mouse players have in that game. WT has had many of the same complaints here on console. If I wanted K&M support I would play PC.

SPP

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Rubbelito #7 Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:22 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19514 battles
  • [TNT]

View PostTocFanKe4, on 13 November 2018 - 02:10 AM, said:

I hope it never comes so that we get to keep our level playing field

^^^this

SteampunkPagan #8 Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:23 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 83777 battles
  • [HDC-R]

Some very sad news was announced today for WoT-C & the concept of equal playing field:

Will we see keyboard and mouse support on the Xbox One?

I don’t have an exact date but I can tell you now that the SDK was released we are working on it.

https://console.worl...roes-december-6

This is very sad because Keyboard & mouse will have a huge advantage. 

SPP

EDIT:

I sure hope WGCB gives players a way to not have to play with the players who are able to use this major advantage.

Edited by SteampunkPagan, 06 December 2018 - 04:27 PM.

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

Rubbelito #9 Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19514 battles
  • [TNT]

View PostSteampunkPagan, on 06 December 2018 - 05:23 PM, said:

Some very sad news was announced today for WoT-C & the concept of equal playing field:

I don’t have an exact date but I can tell you now that the SDK was released we are working on it.

SPP

But will they have the same advantage with the console engine and control physics?
I don't know, I mean I agree it doesn't sound good at first, but I'm wondering if it really will give the same benefits as it does on PC, where the game is already built from the ground up for k&m.

SteampunkPagan #10 Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:29 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 83777 battles
  • [HDC-R]

View PostRubbelito, on 06 December 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

But will they have the same advantage with the console engine and control physics?
I don't know, I mean I agree it doesn't sound good at first, but I'm wondering if it really will give the same benefits as it does on PC, where the game is already built from the ground up for k&m.

It does in Warframe MP and in WT....Do not see why WGCB would get it right and not give that advantage here to be honest.

SPP

Rubbelito #11 Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19514 battles
  • [TNT]

View PostSteampunkPagan, on 06 December 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

It does in Warframe MP and in WT....Do not see why WGCB would get it right and not give that advantage here to be honest.

SPP

Alright, so I'm not very used at all to pc games with k&m for various reasons.

Explain it to me like I'm a 5 year old...

What's the actual advantage in a game like wot? (the lack of a server reticle on console comes to mind, but perhaps that's completely irrelevant..)

I mean, I certainly understand the advantage in fast paced shooters (gonna mention the old ones here, like Doom and Quake etc.), but how will it be a huge advantage with slow moving tanks and turrets?

Just asking straight up as I don't have much experience with it.

SteampunkPagan #12 Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:10 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 83777 battles
  • [HDC-R]

View PostRubbelito, on 06 December 2018 - 11:37 AM, said:

Alright, so I'm not very used at all to pc games with k&m for various reasons.

Explain it to me like I'm a 5 year old...

What's the actual advantage in a game like wot? (the lack of a server reticle on console comes to mind, but perhaps that's completely irrelevant..)

I mean, I certainly understand the advantage in fast paced shooters (gonna mention the old ones here, like Doom and Quake etc.), but how will it be a huge advantage with slow moving tanks and turrets?

Just asking straight up as I don't have much experience with it.

OK not very good at this but the PC game is so very much slower one reason they almost never miss it is easier to aim and fire with a mouse it is deadly accurate. Though this is not Gears, Overwatch, WF or WT M&K are some of the biggest advantages there. This game will better compare to Sea of Thieves where they force play with PC the accuracy when being attacked of their guns is devastating it is the ONLY reason I do not buy the game. M&K teams are the dominate teams in most games for a reason. Controller just can not compete. I played Pinball FX2 on 360 & on XB1 when they came out with FX3 they made it play anywhere what happened even in that game PC or M&K player dominated the tournaments & scores I now no longer play it or buy tables for that sole reason. In WT the complaints are the same sir. It is a devastating advantage this will shut-out any WoT-C player who does not have the equipment, money or room set-up to use M&K in my opinion.

Hope that helps some.

SPP   

Rubbelito #13 Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:19 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19514 battles
  • [TNT]

View PostSteampunkPagan, on 06 December 2018 - 10:10 PM, said:

OK not very good at this but the PC game is so very much slower one reason they almost never miss it is easier to aim and fire with a mouse it is deadly accurate. Though this is not Gears, Overwatch, WF or WT M&K are some of the biggest advantages there. This game will better compare to Sea of Thieves where they force play with PC the accuracy when being attacked of their guns is devastating it is the ONLY reason I do not buy the game. M&K teams are the dominate teams in most games for a reason. Controller just can not compete. I played Pinball FX2 on 360 & on XB1 when they came out with FX3 they made it play anywhere what happened even in that game PC or M&K player dominated the tournaments & scores I now no longer play it or buy tables for that sole reason. In WT the complaints are the same sir. It is a devastating advantage this will shut-out any WoT-C player who does not have the equipment, money or room set-up to use M&K in my opinion.

Hope that helps some.

SPP   

Alright, so basically what it comes down to, for WoTC, is the aiming?
The turret isn't gonna move faster, but instead of holding a direction on the stick and let go when the aim is where you want it, with m/k you can just point the mouse where you wanna aim and just wait for it to hit the spot?

I think I get it. Although I'd think it will take some time before a considerable part of the players have made the transition to m/k, and then we'll see if they also can take advantage of it.

If so, I'll have to find another game.

SteampunkPagan #14 Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:27 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 83777 battles
  • [HDC-R]

View PostRubbelito, on 06 December 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

The turret isn't gonna move faster, but instead of holding a direction on the stick and let go when the aim is where you want it, with m/k you can just point the mouse where you wanna aim and just wait for it to hit the spot?

I think I get it. Although I'd think it will take some time before a considerable part of the players have made the transition to m/k, and then we'll see if they also can take advantage of it.

On Sea of Thieves it does not make the ship turn faster but when it does your mouse can lock-on very fast to an exacting location & fire. Imagine if you will a WoT-C where snapshot never or hardly ever misses, Arty is even more accurate & the WT E-100's 183's and such have time between shots to fine tune the next shot with deadly precision...That is what WoT-C will be like I firmly believe.

SPP

Hypocrite #15 Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:29 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26893 battles
  • [BUNNY]

View PostRubbelito, on 06 December 2018 - 03:19 PM, said:

Yeah - if you watch WoT PC gameplay videos you'll notice that the players already have their reticles at the spot they want to aim as they pull their tank forward out of cover, pull just far enough forward to clear the gun, fire, and immediately drop back. Because you can simply hold the reticle on the spot you want to shoot while moving there is no need to enter sniper view for battles at short to medium range - because you're already pointing at the spot you want hit your opponent.

"My advisers advise me that killing the advisers is not advised." - the warforge mayor tired of bureaucracy

Yes-Man WarGaming Shill since 2014

SteampunkPagan #16 Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:31 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 83777 battles
  • [HDC-R]

View PostHypocrite, on 06 December 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

Yeah - if you watch WoT PC gameplay videos you'll notice that the players already have their reticles at the spot they want to aim as they pull their tank forward out of cover, pull just far enough forward to clear the gun, fire, and immediately drop back. Because you can simply hold the reticle on the spot you want to shoot while moving there is no need to enter sniper view for battles at short to medium range - because you're already pointing at the spot you want hit your opponent.

Thanks for that much better explanation I so stink at that. Your reply nails it on the head!!!

SPP

Ronin Gaidin #17 Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:31 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30560 battles

View PostSteampunkPagan, on 06 December 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:

SPP

EDIT:

I sure hope WGCB gives players a way to not have to play with the players who are able to use this major advantage.

agree with all of this. Have to seriously consider moving on to something else if this happens.

D1RT3AGG #18 Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:48 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29326 battles
  • [2D-AD]
I highly doubt K&M will give adopters an advantage in WoT console. For one, being able to rotate your turret and charge towards an enemy, like is the custom on console, would be much easier by being able to hold a thumbstick to one side vs flicking a mouse in order to keep up to a circling enemy. As for precision aiming, on console we don't have the crazy zoom in level of WoT PC in order to make pixel hunting effective. Also I believe our dispersion mechanics or RNG are different, in order to balance out the console controller mechanics.

xdeathenginex #19 Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:37 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25421 battles
  • [HDC-R]
I've never played any game on PC, so I've never personally experienced the advantages of M&K.  But I have see videos and can imagine that the control advantages for aiming, etc. could be there.

"All flesh is equal when burnt.....HAIL THE APOCALYPSE!"

Me say NEEE #20 Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:15 AM

Captain

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 50798 battles

View PostSteampunkPagan, on 06 December 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:

SPP

EDIT:

Well if that day comes, that's the day I stop playing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users